Samurai Boon!

Guest Corrin

Huh, I just realized that means Kiragi's gonna get access to Mercenary. At least if I'm remembering that right...
Β 

2 hours ago, Kaze's favourite pillow said:

+STR Corrin is the best option for many classes (even Malig Knight) and Samurai is no exception. Also the class line is already pretty fast so more speed would be overkill, expecially in Birthright where the enemeis are not that fast to begin with.

I support this remark. +SKL is likely a bit heavy too what with the additional Skill activations and criticals it'll add to your performance. Unless you want that I guess. I'm not here to judge.

17 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Huh, I just realized that means Kiragi's gonna get access to Mercenary. At least if I'm remembering that right...

No, actually. In this case, Kiragi would inherit Nohr Prince.

On 16/2/2019 at 2:32 AM, Light Strategist said:

+SKL is likely a bit heavy too what with the additional Skill activations and criticals it'll add to your performance. Unless you want that I guess. I'm not here to judge.

I don't really like skill because 1-2 range weapons that aren't tomes makes no use of procs

On 15/2/2019 at 10:07 PM, Guest Corrin said:

Would a +STR/+SKL/+SPD boon be best for Samurai?

S-ranking Takumi in Birthright.Β 

it pretty much depends on what you prefer the most, and wich skills are available in your run.

if you want to make a fullΒ offensive build with better damage output on default hits and Dragon Fang/Astra procs, go for +STR. with that build, it would be wise to also stack Quickdraw, Swordfaire, Life and Death, and/or Aggressor for massive damage.

if you want to play around with evasion, go for +SPD. Duelist Blow, Lucky Seven and/or any other kind of Sword/Axe/Lancebreaker skill will be your friend.

if you like critical hits and/or better skill activation rates, go for +SKL. Hoshidan Unity and Quitoxic will help with skill procs if you want to rely mainly on skills procs, otherwise if you prefer going full critical, Death Blow and Gamble will help with that.

Β 

in any case, considering the class stats and how itΒ usually works(dealing criticals often along with Astra procs), i would suggest to go forΒ +SKL if you want to play offensive, or eventually +SPD if you want to try something different.