If Nintendo plans on making remaking more classic Game Boy & Color games for the Nintendo Switch, which GB & GBC games do you like to see gets remade?

King Marth 64

Since we had The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening getting an upcoming remake for the Nintendo Switch and Pokemon Yellow got a remake as Pokemon Let's GO! Pikachu and Eevee. Which classic Game Boy or Game Boy Color games do you like to see get the same remake treatment for the Nintendo Switch? And I think the line of Nintendo 3DS system is pretty much getting close ended since we haven't got very much Nintendo 3DS games as of right now.

I do like to see if Nintendo can remake those classic Super Mario Land games, Wario Land games, Kirby's Dream Land games, and X game to get the same treatment as The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and Pokemon Yellow. I definitely think the Super Mario Land games is definitely necessary since they weren't brought in the Super Mario Advance series and they're like the only very classic Super Mario games that never gotten a remake.

Edited by King Marth 64

Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons has a lot to gain from being remastered into one release so I could see them doing that next if they need another Zelda game to tide over fans before the next new game. But for all these others it would certainly be faster, and cheaper for everybody involved, if they just released them in their current format digitally. I know Virtual Console is not a model they use anymore and we don't know how Nintendo will be handling retro games on switch that aren't NES titles, but gameboy games are easy emulation on any system and well suited to the Switch's portability. Even link cable features can be brought up and running again on new hardware, as evidenced by the Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow releases on 3DS.

Edited by Glennstavos

Super Mario Land. So I can finally experience the debut game of my favorite princess! Y'know, Daisy. And in this remake, you can pick Luigi as well as Mario. And I don't say this simply because I'm biased for Luigi, actually. I also think it's a good idea because of how Nintendo had hints of Luigi x Daisy shipping in Mario Kart Wii's Daisy Circuit course. Why not play up on that a bit and give Luigi a princess of his own to save and leave Peach to his bro?

Sure, he did get to go to the Waffle Kingdom in a side story of Paper Mario and save a princess there. But that princess was set to get with some other guy, if I remember right, and we didn't ever get to actually play that adventure!

Edited by Anacybele

The things I would have said have been said already. Kid Icarus, Mario Lands, Wario Land, Zelda Oracle games, Kirby's Dream Land 2. All of these remakes need to have more features though, some of them (especially the early ones like Mario Land) are pretty brief and can be finished in a single sitting.

Really hope they add a lot of new things to Link's Awakening and that they don't take the "we decided to make it just like the base game but prettier" approach like some other remakes lean towards. At the very least, I'm confident there will be Hero Mode.

Now that I think about it, I wished that Link's Awakening and the Oracle duology was tied and released together with an expanded storyline of Link growing up with each adventure and the Oracle duology influencing more the story of Awakening.

Would like to see the Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Season get remade since those two are some of my favorite Zelda games and there is a slim chance that the third canceled game could come with it but since Capcom helped with development of the games I don't know if there would be any issues with remaking them. Also would like to see the Super Mario Land games including the one where you play as Wario since I never played those games.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a time I would have said Pokémon Red/Blue, but the recent Let's Go games seem to have fulfilled that bit.

If they're going to do another "Let's Go entry" Gold and Silver would probably be next in line, though outside of Lugia and Ho-oh, I'm not sure which two Pokémon they can use to distinguish them.  (Togepi and Pichu maybe?)

That being said, I think this game here could be a cool thing to finally localize and redo for a modern audience.  This game is simply titled X, a pretty interesting looking Battlezone type game that apparently has a minor connection to the Metroid franchise where Ian and Adam Malkovich are the main characters. 

Edited by Emperor_Siegfried

On 3/7/2019 at 1:12 PM, Emperor_Siegfried said:

There was a time I would have said Pokémon Red/Blue, but the recent Let's Go games seem to have fulfilled that bit.

If they're going to do another "Let's Go entry" Gold and Silver would probably be next in line, though outside of Lugia and Ho-oh, I'm not sure which two Pokémon they can use to distinguish them.  (Togepi and Pichu maybe?)

I'm pretty sure it be remaking Pokémon Crystal instead of Gold and Silver since Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu and Eevee are remakes of Pokémon Yellow. We did had a remake of Gold and Silver as HeartGold and SoulSilver for the Nintendo DS.