Supports in Three Houses

Guest Guest

26 minutes ago, Guest LSM said:

Teacher/student relationships aren't wrong (just) because of the age inappropriate-ness. (Though yes, also that.)

There's a power level difference that creates an inherent level of potential abusiveness, in the same way that a boss/employee relationship does. (Or Woody Allen's relationship; his current wife is his ex-wife's adopted daughter, and there was a period in her mid-teens where he was her step father.) If things are hunky-dory, then it's not an issue. But relationships tend to have tumultuous moments, and when those moments hit if one partner has grossly more power over the other in certain aspects of their life outside of the relationship, abuse happens

Normalising said relationships via depiction in media is... not great.  

Yet ones is a noble and one is a "nobody" from who knows where you can also argue Royals/Retainers as a "power difference" or Chrom marrying someone in the army especially if your a female Robin the tactician/advisor there's nothing wrong about any of that if your really peeve over a Japanese fictional world not close related to irl you got serious problems....

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Guest Goov said:

Yet ones is a noble and one is a "nobody" from who knows where you can also argue Royals/Retainers as a "power difference" or Chrom marrying someone in the army especially if your a female Robin the tactician/advisor there's nothing wrong about any of that if your really peeve over a Japanese fictional world not close related to irl you got serious problems....

Agreed "outcry" over nothing.....no wonder I avoid topics like this like the plague too overreacting I'll enjoy whatever romance I can possibly make when I get the game.

10 minutes ago, Guest Goov said:

It also seems like some here are taking the "school"(which is an ACADEMY major difference) aspect WAY too seriously. Firstly a mentor and a pupil can 110% have a romantic relationship no matter how you sugar coat it this also isn't new to this series especially an Academy. Secondly some think the Academy is the whole entire game which it most likely isn't it's likely the early first part of the game things will go down, characters will graduate from students everything's all out from there. And thirdly some think we'll only get students w/teacher playable characters definitely unlikely would be bland we'll definitely have outsiders and if we can romance outsiders and even other teachers students around the Avatars age is obviously gonna happen. If you're still "sensitive" choose the former options people will have there favorites and no one obviously shouldn't get denied from that choice.

Yeah I feel like people are overreacting to that whole thing as well, like I get that it would had been creepy if they were high school students or something like that, but they aren't, and the "power difference" card can be played on so many pairs in FE that no one finds creepy. 

Edited by Rose482

If there's anything i would complain about the relationships is that i cant at how unrealistic it is for Nobles to marry peasants... Maybe one or two can or a country like hoshido which seems more democratic but in which universe would king garon accept Xander to marry a servant like Felicia for example....

22 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Yeah I feel like people are overreacting to that whole thing as well, like I get that it would had been creepy if they were high school students or something like that, but they aren't, and the "power difference" card can be played on so many pairs in FE that no one finds creepy. 

We as a fanbase overreact to everything and I’m getting tired of it. X.x

11 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

well its a game not real life...  you give me "kids play violent video games so they will turn into criminals" teas

This is the most grammatically bizarre response I've ever gotten from somebody that didn't get the joke.

I mean the trailer focused way too much on the school aspect of the game so it probably will be for the entire game and not just the tutorial, else the trailer would be really bad and I don't think Nintendo wants that,

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

This is the most grammatically bizarre response I've ever gotten from somebody that didn't get the joke.

people were too dense about this issue so i wasnt sure if were joking or not... glad u weren't serious

As for that's sentence grammar i guess u dont speak the lingo ... its ok :P:

Edited by Pegasus Knight

1 hour ago, Pegasus Knight said:

If there's anything i would complain about the relationships is that i cant at how unrealistic it is for Nobles to marry peasants... Maybe one or two can or a country like hoshido which seems more democratic but in which universe would king garon accept Xander to marry a servant like Felicia for example....

Hah, yeah.

(I'd jot that down as positively unrealistic though! Class as an excuse to stop love is nonsense. Or if the next Fire Emblem was set in southern Indiana, it'd be super-unrealistic for a prospective black character to romance the white ones, but it's something that would be good to be in the game.)

//

While in university one of my profs entered a relationship with a classmate. He took a sabbatical to do so. That was the right thing to do. 

I only just noticed this:

https://imgur.com/a/6KCPXdG

(If someone already pointed it out here, sorry :>_<:)

If it were any other game, it wouldn't mean much, but in a Fire Emblem game it would be incredibly misleading if it wasn't related to marriage or whatever, so I don't think they would do that unless it was specifically for the S support.

But then again, I have never had any doubt that the dynamic would be back in 3H. Still don't doubt it.

On 2/24/2019 at 8:16 AM, Chopper... said:

I only just noticed this:

https://imgur.com/a/6KCPXdG

(If someone already pointed it out here, sorry :>_<:)

If it were any other game, it wouldn't mean much, but in a Fire Emblem game it would be incredibly misleading if it wasn't related to marriage or whatever, so I don't think they would do that unless it was specifically for the S support.

But then again, I have never had any doubt that the dynamic would be back in 3H. Still don't doubt it.

lol I've watched both trailers so many times and still never noticed this.

That symbol definitely looks like some sort of support increase. I guess this means that training/teaching students can also increase their support level with Byleth? That doesn't sound good for people who aren't a fan of this whole student/teacher relationship stuff.

1 hour ago, Angelique said:

lol I've watched both trailers so many times and still never noticed this.

That symbol definitely looks like some sort of support increase. I guess this means that training/teaching students can also increase their support level with Byleth? That doesn't sound good for people who aren't a fan of this whole student/teacher relationship stuff.

My exact thoughts! Also, strangely enough, at the same time her heart meter or whatever goes up, this bar goes 25 points down:

https://imgur.com/ObCLXsB

Although that could just be their stamina, like in Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons? Maybe there's a limit to how much you can train them per day or something.

Guest i’m very gay
On 2/22/2019 at 11:25 AM, PrincessAlyson said:

Here's a question for everyone: Who, out of the revealed playable cast, would you S-Support with, if any?

Right now, I would go with Sylvain, Ashe or Dimitri. 

Edelgard, Claude, Petra, Dorothea, white ponytail dude, Raphael, the teacher with the orange eyeshadow, Jeralt, the church lady, Kostas—

I know you said playable but gosh darn it I just want to S-Support the hot ladies :(

Guest Dalia
On 2/22/2019 at 11:25 AM, PrincessAlyson said:

Here's a question for everyone: Who, out of the revealed playable cast, would you S-Support with, if any?

Mercedes is just my type. I hope she’s one of the gay/bi options, because I would rather not have to play as mullet boi. I also really like Petra and Dorothea.

Guest Boatcat

Alright- many different variables here.

Regular C-A supports, Awakening level limits, everyone can support anyone within reason.

C-S supports, determines paired ending, GBA level limits, everyone can pair with 5 other units, some platonic, some romantic, possible canon pairings

LGBT, some S supports, please no halfwaying it like with Soleil, no stereotypes like Rahjat.

Second Generation, how about we don’t.

Extra units as a S support bonus, that’s more like it, more like trainees taken under the wings of the veterans one per unit maybe.

Amiibo supports, C-A with similar units i.e. Dmitri and Chrom.

I hope that’s all my bases covered

You know what? I completely forgot about one of my wishes with regards to supports: the existence of completely nonromantic m/f supports. I'd like it if not every single support between a man and a woman ended in romance. And hey, if they get rid of children (which I'm really hoping they do) then there's no need for every m/f support to end in marriage/romance.

4 hours ago, Calico said:

You know what? I completely forgot about one of my wishes with regards to supports: the existence of completely nonromantic m/f supports. I'd like it if not every single support between a man and a woman ended in romance. And hey, if they get rid of children (which I'm really hoping they do) then there's no need for every m/f support to end in marriage/romance.

Agree strongly.  It feels very artificial when their are too many romance options, not every guy and girl that gets to know each other is going to want to get hitched it just seems unrealistic.  Plus it makes the supports have to cover the growing romantic feelings rather than other more interesting issues relating to each characters' history/habits.  

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Agree strongly.  It feels very artificial when their are too many romance options, not every guy and girl that gets to know each other is going to want to get hitched it just seems unrealistic.  Plus it makes the supports have to cover the growing romantic feelings rather than other more interesting issues relating to each characters' history/habits.  

Well people want options stay at a if you want that many have a fancy for all types of characters like how people have specific types irl.

Just now, Guest Lyt said:

Well people want options stay at a if you want that many have a fancy for all types of characters like how people have specific types irl.

Couldn't have said it any better!

Guest Callum
4 minutes ago, Guest Lyt said:

I think they meant non-avatar pairs since that makes logical sense YOU obviously like different types of people that tickle your fancy so that's fine to have that luxury but the others might not be well since it can sometimes be a random clash.