Fodlan World Map with Transcribed Locations

VincentASM

8 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I see (also i don't, your image doesn't show up). Maybe this will mean that Leicester, with it's a little bit more modern way to rule, is a relative recent creation and they were once territories from the other kingdoms? But that's a stretch if i ever wrote one. If anything the order represents nothing because in-universe the artwork predates all countries besides maybe the Adrestian Empire (who may be over 1000 y.o. if we consider a previous dynasty).

Sorry about the images. Let's try again.

Spoiler

itiBAhF.jpgLxH0O1C.png

Let's see if this works now.

But i do agree. The more we look into it, the less likely it appears that a Region/Teams Crest symbols are grouped together.

Edited by Lord_Grima

12 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I see (also i don't, your image doesn't show up). Maybe this will mean that Leicester, with it's a little bit more modern way to rule, is a relative recent creation and they were once territories from the other kingdoms? But that's a stretch if i ever wrote one. If anything the order represents nothing because in-universe the artwork predates all countries besides maybe the Adrestian Empire (who may be over 1000 y.o. if we consider a previous dynasty).

Well, it wouldn't be the first time we've seen something like that.

There was Carcino in The Sacred Stones, a little nation born well after the others. Plus, how Crimea and Daein were once part of Begnion.

The fact that the world has this much detail going into it already places it above the 3DS games in my book. Looks like Three Houses is stepping in the right direction so far. *crosses fingers*

22 hours ago, Lord_Grima said:

fHaWlfl.png

Those symbols also appear in the center of the Crest/Emblem as well. That does make things more complicated.

Both Adrestian and Faerghus only have the main crest symbol (of their leader's houses) on their banner. So, really interesting how Leicester focuses on four. Maybe because they are an alliance instead of the empire and kingdom?

How does it make things more complicated (with the mini crests in the center)? Sorry, but I cannot follow your thoughts there.

An alliance having all major crests on their banner does make sense to me. There might still be one or two minor families with other crests in Leicester.

21 hours ago, GreyJedi said:

I was looking for someone else who pointed that out, couldn't find anyone, so I took a blurry picture with my phone, doodled on it, got ready to post... and then found this thread. I'm still posting my blurry picture just because I can.

Betting it's going to be plot relevant in someway, and having it be church territory was my first guess. The question now is, is it the location of an actual church? Or maybe a fort that the church used to instill peace in that area some years ago.

It's a good thing not all people are as lazy as me when it comes to providing pictures with doodles on them.

From what we have seen in the trailer, the students are fighting against Western Church Soldiers. So my guess is, that this territory is autonomous and possibly a place for rebels.

But it is without a doubt plot relevant.

21 hours ago, Enduin said:

The order is indeed different. 

cd-crests.jpgcrest-stone-circle.jpg

20 hours ago, Lord_Grima said:

On the CD the order is different, but the order of the crests on the artbook is the same. Most likely so they didn't have to redo the artwork.

itiBAhF.jpg                             LxH0O1C.png

First one here is the order on the artwork/mural, the second is what i saw on the CD. The three symbols on the side were obstructed in the image, so no idea exactly where they go. It definitely changed the order, but @RexBolt the Leicester symbols are still mixed around the Dimitri/ Blaiddyd Symbol.

I wonder if there is a point to the order of the crests and why they changed it. If there wasn't why would they even change the order on the CD.

20 hours ago, RexBolt said:

Maybe this will mean that Leicester, with it's a little bit more modern way to rule, is a relative recent creation and they were once territories from the other kingdoms? But that's a stretch if i ever wrote one. If anything the order represents nothing because in-universe the artwork predates all countries besides maybe the Adrestian Empire (who may be over 1000 y.o. if we consider a previous dynasty).

Why would that be a stretch? It's not like things like this did not happen throughout real history.

If this is ever touched upon I would love it. Regarding the "relative harmony" the trailer mentions, I think the story will tell a little more about that.

1 minute ago, DuckPhoenix said:

How does it make things more complicated (with the mini crests in the center)? Sorry, but I cannot follow your thoughts there.

I meant it made my theory more complicated. It makes perfect sense lore/history wise. But it contradicted my theory about the order of the Crests on the Mural.

1 minute ago, Lord_Grima said:

I meant it made my theory more complicated. It makes perfect sense lore/history wise. But it contradicted my theory about the order of the Crests on the Mural.

I see. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Your theory is still a good starting point to think further. So yeah...I guess it makes things complicated.

Especially if your theory on main locations/crest ratio is correct. 

13 hours ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Why would that be a stretch? It's not like things like this did not happen throughout real history.

If this is ever touched upon I would love it. Regarding the "relative harmony" the trailer mentions, I think the story will tell a little more about that.

I just meant it isn't more than a guess of what it could be. English is not my first language.

• 1 year later...
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, Shrimperor said:

I find it pretty interesting that Adrestia doesn't have it's own Church (see western & eastern church in other countries)

I can't remember on what route (Thinking it's siding with Edelgard) , but it is mentioned that there Was a Southern Church, but it was wiped out by the Empire at some point before the Insurrection of the Seven.

Also, looking at the Seros Mural, there is 21 Crests, but there's 22 in the game. Notice how the image in the mural is shown, you could put the shape of The Crest of Flames over it and see it's been hiding there all along.

image.png.5714dbf015cfc0bf8da00a41a7080fd3.pngcrests_22.png

So, by going around clockwise from the top we have the following:

Seiros, Cichol, Macuil, Ernest, Dominic, Fraldarius, Noa, Daphnel, Blaiddyd, Gloucester, Goneril, Aubin, Gautier, The Beast, Charon, Timotheos, Riegan, Chevalier, Lamine, Indech, and finally Cethleann.