Opinion on Blossom?

Trojan123

It is fairly useful on high level units with high growth rates such as Tanith and Elincia. Honestly it doesn't have much of a significant impact, I usually just sell it when playing casually.

It's good when used properly.

Give it to a unit with Paragon for normal experience gains and increased growth.

Get a unit to 99 experience via BEXP so they'll level up after the first battle. Best effect on units with slower experience gain so they won't feel the negative effects too much, especially Laguz.

Beside what has been said above concerning Laguz and getting a character to ~90 EXP before a battle, I do think Blossom is a bit more limited in usefulness than it ideally should be. For I'd say BEXP with its guaranteed 3 stats per levelup thing, decreases the desire for it. If Haar caps Str and Def, then he doesn't need Blossom to get Spd, he can just use BEXP for easier and more reliable Spd procs. In another game, it'd be more useful.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Yeah I’ll admit with the BEXP in this game. Blossom doesn’t really help cap anything as effectively. Still, I always use it on Rolf because I love the way he turns out. Also on Ike during 4-1 when he has just hit Vanguard—he levels up a bunch anyway so I figured I might as well slow him down and get better levels. And then later on Kurth I use Blossom + Paragon because it’s another OP king laguz.

On 2/19/2019 at 2:27 PM, Trojan123 said:

Yeah I’ll admit with the BEXP in this game. Blossom doesn’t really help cap anything as effectively. Still, I always use it on Rolf because I love the way he turns out. Also on Ike during 4-1 when he has just hit Vanguard—he levels up a bunch anyway so I figured I might as well slow him down and get better levels. And then later on Kurth I use Blossom + Paragon because it’s another OP king laguz.

Blossom Ike is a monstrous force that I've never considered before.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Blossom Ike is a monstrous force that I've never considered before.

blossom kurthnaga is only slightly worse than his dad, he caps at like 46 or 48 strength, his magic is high enough that he is a good imbue candidate, he has flier movement when transformed, he hits like a truck, can stop a truck, looks badass, can attack regardless of range, his only issue is lightning spirits and his speed not being incredible also weapon ranks but other than that he is ridiculous.

44 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

blossom kurthnaga is only slightly worse than his dad, he caps at like 46 or 48 strength, his magic is high enough that he is a good imbue candidate, he has flier movement when transformed, he hits like a truck, can stop a truck, looks badass, can attack regardless of range, his only issue is lightning spirits and his speed not being incredible also weapon ranks but other than that he is ridiculous.

I think I actually have done Kurth blossom. You can level him almost to max by having him solo the entire of Rebirth 3. Does take an age to do though.

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I think I actually have done Kurth blossom. You can level him almost to max by having him solo the entire of Rebirth 3. Does take an age to do though.

but it's worth it for the monster that comes out he does rebirth 1 just fine though, just needs some extra help to get those first few kills and a laguz gem to keep him in the battle and there is no shortage of laguz gems by this point, though I don't think the gauge has as many issues as most say, it is pretty solid if you use enough items, olivi grass can be used to prolong a transformation and dragons get the most out of this because their gauge is intended to take many rounds before shifting one way or another even if they are going for battle after battle.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

14 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

his only issue is lightning spirits

I'm amazed at how many people here don't actually visit the main site...

Anyway, if you had bothered to do so, and had visited this page, you'd find out that the weapons that the Spirits wield (Fire/Wind/Thunder Tails) don't do bonus damage to any unit type.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

So basically, when you guys use it (if youdecide to use it at all) then the main candidates are Astrid and Kurthnaga. I also forgot to mention how I was upset to see Sothe not start out with Blossom, but then I realized how OP your low-leveled Dawn Brigade characters could become. 

• 2 months later...