New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin

Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If you're defining non-premium as "this skill isn't on any unit who isn't 5-star exclusive", then that isn't correct since Joshua has it. 

I am aware, but I don't consider that in the same vein since the amount of times you can get said skill is limited to the amount of grails you have (and that's limited even to whales). Not to mention, it competes against plenty of other valuable skills.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oops. She's so forgettable anyway tough. xP

Also, I don't think Kaden will demote. That'd mean we have two 4 star green beasts in the pool since Reyson was demoted and no 4 star red or blue ones. I think it will be Velouria.

Aww, don't say that. Noire is just very nervous but sweet (although why doesn't she has a original alt before being in a swimsuit?)

Yeah Velouria might demote.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oops. She's so forgettable anyway tough. xP

Also, I don't think Kaden will demote. That'd mean we have two 4 star green beasts in the pool since Reyson was demoted and no 4 star red or blue ones. I think it will be Velouria.

Good catch, Kaden doesn't seem plausible with that in mind. I'm moving my guess back to solidly Velouria.

18 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

What's his JP name, and how did this happen?

His JP name is Flannel. The FE wiki alleges that keaton is a type of fabric design (while flannel is soft, woven fabric), so that's the connection to his original name I guess.

Okay, so I do this thing now where I close my eyes during my first viewing of the reveal trailer, since I wanna keep who is appearing a surprise until they're gone over.

Lemme say, despite knowing exactly who would be on the banner, it remained a pleasant surprise. Though Selkie's voice... I won't say I don't like it, because you marry someone in a game and you kinda get used to their squeaky voice while doing the daily rabble, but it very much took me by surprise anyways.

...still waiting for someone new to get Life and Death instead of Atk/Spd Bond or similar...

19 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Poor Yarne, every beast unit from the 3DS games were invited except for him.

Maybe he WAS, but... well, you know Yarne. Being summoned to another world and being made to fight god knows how many kinda of fighters, let alone the generic ones, does NOT seem the best way to avoid extinction.

A skip for me. But I'm happy for those who like this and it gets them out of the way. And it all new characters as well, another good thing.

That thumbnail Selkie art might have been drawn when the artist blacked out in a love hotel with a Roomba though.

19 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Poor Yarne, every beast unit from the 3DS games were invited except for him.

Have you seen the abuse characters in this game go through? He is so very afraid you'll throw Fury 4 + a Fury 4 Seal on him. Nobody told him you can't die here yet, or rather he doesn't believe it and is hiding out of self-preservation. YOU WON'T GET ME POACHERS!

14 minutes ago, Nora said:

At the very least, there's not a Fates Royal in sight, but having all of these Fates banners so close to each other is pretty tiring.

Well none of them can be Kitsune or Wolfskin. Unless Keaton could secretly spread it to Cammy or Elisey with a well-meant bite. Or maybe Kaden or Selkie could disguise themselves as Cammy or a really-out-of-character Hinoka- Kitsune are known for taking the form of seductive women as part of their trickery.

412217Yuzuruha

I'm expecting broken offensive stats on Selkie, the fav of the bunch I'd think would "deserve" that, according to some.

Goddammit, another Fates banner...and Panne as a GHB? Wasn't expecting that. Still, I guess it's better than fucking Iago and Hans.

I'll admit, this is one of the better Fates banners in a while cuz a. it's beast units, and b. it's actually new characters this time around instead of more royal alts. Still plan on skipping though so I can continue saving up for Jill and Patty. 

31 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Also, having never played Fates, this is my first time realising that Keaton is the wolfskin, and not the kitsune like me and probably everyone else who played Zelda would have guessed. What's his JP name, and how did this happen?

His Japanese name is Flannel, which follows the theme of 3DS beasts being named after textiles. (Kaden is Nishiki in Japanese by the way. I always thought it was weird they gave the Hoshidan-alligned kitsune the whitest name ever in the localization) It think Keaton and Kaden also vaguely follow the theme naming, but it's so obscure almost nobody playing the game actually realizes it. (unlike with Panne and Yarne)

Anyway, I am glad it's fates beast, since I never got too attached to any of them, so I won't feel bad about not being able to pull. Kaden is the only one who has any real personality to him. Keaton acts like a human dog, Velouria likes garbage, and Selkie is just a collection of every fox girl trope in existence. I hope Kaden demotes at some point, but I wouldn't hate it being Velouria. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll demote them both.

I am glad to see Panne as the free unit though. Dependjng on her art, I might just use her. (Though when it comes to grail projects she'll have to get in line behind Skadikumi and Naesala.

Edited by Nanima

Now that I read Kaden's weapon description I wonder if it'll stack with Eirika's refined Sieglinde. If it does then that would mean she'd be able to get +18 Atk/Spd/Def/Res....damn that sounds incredibly OP but I won't say no to the chance of cheesing Abyssal maps even harder.

Selkie!! I flipped when I saw her, I'm so happy to see her in Feh. Unless the Legendary/Mythic is someone I absolutely love(doubt it) I'm dumping all of my orbs onto this banner. The weapons are nuts and lengthy but the stats will determine how effective our new beast units are. It's also one of the least offensive Fates banner we've had in a while. Some will still complain because it's Fates but there's 5 new characters, no royals, and no alts so all in all it's a fantastic banner.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Now that I read Kaden's weapon description I wonder if it'll stack with Eirika's refined Sieglinde. If it does then that would mean she'd be able to get +18 Atk/Spd/Def/Res....damn that sounds incredibly OP but I won't say no to the chance of cheesing Abyssal maps even harder.

It counts as a drive, right? Then I don't see why it wouldn't stack, all in combat buffs stack.

Edited by ChickenBits

I want both Selkie and Kaden. I was saving  my orbs for them. I’ll probably go after Selkie since same Kaden seems the most likely to demote. Surprise Ray Chase and Cindy Robinson didn’t voice Keaton and Selkie, since they took over Gideon and Elizabeth role’s previously.

I think the names Kaden and Keaton both come from cotton to follow that name trend. Selkie is from silk. I don't know where Panne or Velouria come from. But Yarne is from yarn.

Those who have seen my latest writing contest entry and saw that I mentioned a taguel OC named Polly, her name is from polyester to keep that trend as well.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Okay, so I do this thing now where I close my eyes during my first viewing of the reveal trailer, since I wanna keep who is appearing a surprise until they're gone over.

I just did exactly that although I had Selkie and Velouria already spoiled and.. kind of guessed what was happening before I saw Keaton and Kaden.

Panne was a bit more of a surprise though!

Meh, I despise all the characters on display here, but the fact that they aren't all alts is a trend that I like. I'll probably just try for Keaton since Special Spiral fodder is nice, and maybe Selkie for actual use even though I hate her the most. Not spending more than 15 orbs on this, gotta save for the FE6 banner. Although I hate that game, if there's one thing I love about it, it's Dieke, and my gut is telling me he'll be on that banner. Panne is meh, never liked her in Awakening. Guess a free beast unit is nice. Also, screw Yarne. I'm glad he didn't get in. He sucks, so much. I consider him the worst character in all of 3Ds, that's how much I hate him. Yarne hate aside, decent looking units, way too long weapon text, plenty of people seem happy even though I'm pretty indifferent/annoyed at the proceedings. I've been mostly happy for the last couple of banners, so I'm fine with a banner coming out that's not my speed. Also more story, maybe the seventh highest ranked male hero can finally get some character development, or maybe just a character in the first place besides "Hi, I'm Hot Topic".

3 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

It counts as a drive, right? Then I don't why it wouldn't stack, all in combat buffs stack.

That's what it sounds like, so I'll hope it works just like that. Guess Kaden is also on the list of units I'll have to pull for. 

I'll need to remake my PvE team if that's the case (Airzura needs Atk Tactic so I'll have to pray for a Legault while trying to get Velouria, Eirika will get Ally supported with Kaden for the extra +1 to everything, Kaden will need Drive Atk to give Eirika +22/19/19/19 stats). Haha, it's the first time in ages that I've needed to theorycraft my team. This is certainly going to be fun!

Well it had been so long since we had a Fates banner, wait a minute isn't the Hot springs banner still up?  Never mind.  However Fates gets hardly any banners, wait a minute it has by far the most?  The beasts of Fates were coming so at least that is out of the way, maybe we get a good break from that game now.

Still as has been said at least it is all new characters, 5 including Awakening's Panne who will be free, and surprisingly low on fan service when they really could have kicked it up a ton with Selkie and Velouria.  Beasts are also cool, and we are getting beast cavs here which is nice.  I used every beast in the trailer extensively, I love beasts/laguz.  Keaton was a monster, the foxes Selkie/Kaden were underrated but are very good too.  That being said...there is the legendary banner, find and vote banner, and the Greil devoted which I have held off on thusfar.  I will at least complete the circle with the free summon and hope to get lucky.  Hey and Keaton has special spiral, so if I ever get Ophelia I don't have to kill off a Lewyn (my dream +10 project).  

Selkie is cute, I guess.

No one's mentioned how obnoxious the cavalry beast shared effect is yet? On player phase, opponent has -4 Atk and Def during combat and cannot make a follow-up attack?

Kaden's pretty much guaranteed to demote. Ignoring the cavalry beast weapons, Goad Beasts is the strongest thing in his kit, and Goad skills are the least powerful of the movement-type-specific buffs.

16 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The effect is literally "Drive My Visible Buffs", so I don't see why not.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Selkie is cute, I guess.

No one's mentioned how obnoxious the cavalry beast shared effect is yet? On player phase, opponent has -4 Atk and Def during combat and cannot make a counterattack?

Follow up actually. I made the same mistake first reading. Same with Tibarn

8 minutes ago, Nanima said:

His Japanese name is Flannel, which follows the theme of 3DS beasts being named after textiles. (Kaden is Nishiki in Japanese by the way. I always thought it was weird they gave the Hoshidan-alligned kitsune the whitest name ever in the localization) It think Keaton and Kaden also vaguely follow the theme naming, but it's so obscure almost nobody playing the game actually realizes it. (unlike with Panne and Yarne)

Keaton makes sense since it's a real English name, but also a type of flannel, so the localization kept the theme going while also keeping close to its origins. Kaden does also keep the theme, but I agree with you that they probably should've kept the JP name since Kaden sounds out of place compared to the rest of the Hoshidan cast. 

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Maybe he WAS, but... well, you know Yarne. Being summoned to another world and being made to fight god knows how many kinda of fighters, let alone the generic ones, does NOT seem the best way to avoid extinction.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have you seen the abuse characters in this game go through? He is so very afraid you'll throw Fury 4 + a Fury 4 Seal on him. Nobody told him you can't die here yet, or rather he doesn't believe it and is hiding out of self-preservation. YOU WON'T GET ME POACHERS!

Yeah, knowing him he probably took one step into the realm, saw all the violence, and quickly ran to the nearest portal. 

2 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Follow up actually. I made the same mistake first reading. Same with Tibarn

I meant to say follow-up, but I'm currently very distracted.

Either way, pretty much a weaker version of Sturdy Impact built into the weapon, which is kind of nuts.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Cool banner, but I think I'll be skipping. Maybe if Selkie's new voice didn't sound so awful I'd pull for her but as is I'd rather save.

But then, for the first time in a long time the demote is not obvious. Selkie is the only one with 5 skills, so she's out. Keaton has Special Spiral and a Valor skill, so he's very likely out. But Velouria and Kaden seem almost equally likely. Both have a (semi-)premium skill (Close Defense, Spd/Res Link) and a new Goad/Ward skill. But if I had to guess I'd say Kaden even though he shares a color with Reyson. Pivot, unlike Luna, is a complete filler skill, and I don't think Spd/Res Link is as valuable as Close Defense.

Free Panne is cool, but I'm annoyed that they gave her the same color as the other free beast, Naesala.

My hopes got crushed again. What next time, either Charlotte or Rinkah... at least Panne is free that is something nice. Finally I have a blue merge project I want. 
I will save up more orbs. Just put Rinkah into a seasonal banner like Charlotte. Do not care anymore T_T Just put her in the game.

Edited by Stroud

I think the English translation of Selkie’s weap is poorly worded. It seems to imply that the stats gained from the difference are calculated individually, whereas the Japanese description clearly states that you get an increase in stats equal to 50% of the difference in Res, up to a maximum of 8 (assuming your Res is 16 higher than that of the melee opponent she is in combat with).