New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin

Anacybele

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Kaden's Goad Beasts is less valuable than Velouria's Ward Beasts. Kaden's Link skill is less valuable than Velouria's Close Def. Kaden is male, which is less marketable than Velouria being female.

The only thing Kaden has over Velouria is the fact that he's cavalry.

Heck, I'd even say Kaden's green color makes him more likely to demote and not less due to the relatively shallow 4-star green pool (20 compared to colorless's 28).

Cavalry usually prefer goads, fliers usually prefer goads, the only emblem type that prefers wards is armor.  Close defense has been free since we got Joshua early last year, while we have just got our first free link skill with Titania.  Infantry is a less desired more common movement type than cavalry.  Velouria's only advantage is being female. 

Don't know who to get. You could have all four on a team and just "Shred" your opponents with their skills. Their "c" skills literally help the other. Also the one thing I don't like is Selkie's voice. though it won't matter with that power. you could probably beat most of the story chapters in book one on lunatic with those four without merging and only giving Kaden a special. 

2 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Don't know who to get. You could have all four on a team and just "Shred" your opponents with their skills. Their "c" skills literally help the other. Also the one thing I don't like is Selkie's voice. though it won't matter with that power. you could probably beat most of the story chapters in book one on lunatic with those four without merging and only giving Kaden a special. 

The last beast banner were an amazing team together right out of the box too, it’s nuts.

54 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Cavalry usually prefer goads, fliers usually prefer goads, the only emblem type that prefers wards is armor.  Close defense has been free since we got Joshua early last year, while we have just got our first free link skill with Titania.  Infantry is a less desired more common movement type than cavalry.  Velouria's only advantage is being female. 

The only movement type that prefers Goad over Ward is fliers due to the fact that they have Flier Formation, Flier Guidance, and Air Orders.

Cavalry can't make good use of Goad because of their high movement range and the fact that they often move away from their team to initiate combat (since their advantage is their reach). Ward is stronger than Goad for cavalry because there are still enemy-phase cavalry units that can use Ward skills to their advantage, like Xander, Camus, Sigurd, and Hrid.

Close Def may have been made free with Joshua, but that hasn't stopped them from releasing it on 2 other units since then, neither of whom were demoted (despite Sumia having no other skills of significant value). Of additional note is that Joshua still has Close Def locked behind a 5-star promotion whereas Titania has Atk/Res Link available at 4-star rarity, leaving Triangle Adept of all things as her 5-star-locked skill. That basically means that it was a deliberate choice to make Atk/Res Link available at 4-star rarity as opposed to making Triangle Adept available for free.

Something to consider about Kaden is that his skill set has some weird issues. A Link skill means he has to have a movement assist, but Pivot isn't one of the stronger ones, especially on a cavalry.

In addition, even ignoring Titania: If they were to ever make a Link skill available on a demote, Spd/Res is a particularly fitting candidate, since Spd/Def and Spd/Res are the buff pairs that seem to usually be viewed as least valuable. For example, right now we have all the dual stat dance skills except Atk/Def. Spd/Res is on Silvia, who demoted, while the other four are just on 5* exclusive units. This also seems to be why they haven't yet added the Spd/Def or Spd/Res versions of Brazen or Solo skills, despite adding the other four, just because they aren't particularly compelling and can be tossed onto someone random with a less optimized skill set later. It's why the only dual Stance skills that have appeared on demotes are Spd/Def on Reyson and Atk/Res on Silvia. (Atk/Res is a level above Spd/Def and Spd/Res, but not as high as the other three. Fittingly, Silvia has to be 5* to get the full skill set while Reyson doesn't.)

Kaden's weapon is terrifying, but so are all of these. Keaton gets Reinhardt's sword plus the standard infantry beast Wo Dao effect. Velouria can turn one of her allies into Ophelia, while basically having a Scarlet Sword for herself. Selkie can get up to +8 in every stat with a big enough Res advantage, plus the pseudo-Steady Impact.

Even in the face of those, it still looks like a guaranteed 5* weapon, but a lesson we've been learning over and over again since the start of 2018 is that weapons aren't that great of a demote predictor anymore. Crazy weapons flying around is pretty standard fare, the real tell is the non-weapon skills. Lene vs Ares is the biggest example of this, but it also helps with understanding why Silvia and Reyson demoted in spite of the skepticism.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Close Def may have been made free with Joshua, but that hasn't stopped them from releasing it on 2 other units since then, neither of whom were demoted (despite Sumia having no other skills of significant value).

Sumia had Atk/Def Link. At the time, the only previous Link skill was Def/Res Link on Sanaki, so it was a pretty big deal.

I think Close Def could show up on a demote eventually, but Spd/Res Link does seem like a more plausible demote right now.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Something to consider about Kaden is that his skill set has some weird issues. A Link skill means he has to have a movement assist, but Pivot isn't one of the stronger ones, especially on a cavalry.

Pivot is actually probably the best choice for an AI-controlled Kaden. Pivot puts him closer to the enemy and therefore make it more likely for his Goad Beasts to actually be useful.

But it's still mostly useless for players.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yarne's placement in CYL has been pretty low (186 in CYL 1, 215 in CYL 2, 193 in CYL 3), so he's most likely not making it into Farfetched Heroes this year with how many characters are still above him (there are still 23 characters in the top 100 in CYL 3 that aren't in the game, counting this banner and Panne, and 49 characters between 101 and 193 that aren't yet in the game).

He's more likely to tag along in an Awakening banner.

Yarne would still feel like a sore thumb in any banner... I have problems to find him appealing for the gacha in any form.

9 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

To be honest I initially thought of a different joke entirely. I wanted to complain about how unrealistic Kaden's and Keaton's muscles looked, saying that it objectifies the male body, and someone like me who could never reach such a perfect physical condition shouldn't have to deal with such negative models being imposed on me.

Men probably have more flexibility to deviate from particular models. But I can't really say. So I won't push it. 

Also, Summer Takumi is just as idealized, just idealized without heavy musculature, something you'd find plenty of in European art. There is more than one way to idealize. Classical Indian Hindu/Jain art offers an ideal similar to the Classical Greco-Roman, except with a bit more flesh- not fat. Rather, the loose stomach is a sign of being able to carefully control one's breathing and thus exert self-discipline. It also adds a pop of vitality and "naturalness", which the bones with skin tossed over that Greco-Roman sculpture can be, can lack.

This said, can anyone with an understanding of human anatomy tell me if it is true that Black Shadow is missing certain muscles so he can have a larger ab pack?

http://mutecity.org/wiki/File:GX_Black_Shadow.png

9 hours ago, XRay said:

It takes the absolute value in difference between each stat and applies 50% of that as combat buffs, but with a cap at 8. I assume it is absolute value since it did not say it Selkie's stats has to be greater or lower than the foe's stats, so as long as it is different, the effect will kick in.

If Selkie's Atk is 50 and a Blade mage foe's Atk is 90, the absolute value in difference is 40. You apply 50% of that which is 20, but it is capped at +8 to Atk for Selkie.
Likewise, if Selkie's Atk is 50 but an opponent got 44 Atk, the absolute value in difference is 6. You apply 50% of that which is 3, and Selkie gets +3 to Atk.
And you do that for every stat sans HP.

If I interpreted the description correctly, Selkie basically specializes in fighting against opponents with a different stat distribution from her.

The English description of the skill is poorly worded. The Japanese is much clearer and states that she gets a stat boost to all stats equal to 50% of the difference between her res and the enemy’s, up to a cap of +8, and assuming she fulfills the conditions of the effect (more res and melee enemy).

For instance, if she’s fighting someone with 22 res while she has 38, she will get +8 to all stats. If she’s fighting someone with 30 res while she has 38, she’ll get +4 to each stat. 

At least, that’s how I interpreted it. I thought the English was funky so I went and read the JP version, and it seems like a lot of misinterpretation regarding her weapon is going around.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cavalry can't make good use of Goad because of their high movement range and the fact that they often move away from their team to initiate combat (since their advantage is their reach). Ward is stronger than Goad for cavalry because there are still enemy-phase cavalry units that can use Ward skills to their advantage, like Xander, Camus, Sigurd, and Hrid.

If I had to use a in combat buff in the C-slot it'd be goad on my cavalry, though, since if you're fighting with heavy stat disadvantage even player phase units start needing effort to pass stat checks.

That said, personally I rarely use Ward or Goad on my cavalry---their biggest draw as enemy phase units is that dead units don't contribute buffs (or combat), so if you dismantle enough of the enemy team before that enemy phase the stuff that's left don't do anything. And that's mostly done by cramming as much mobility into the team as possible.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only movement type that prefers Goad over Ward is fliers due to the fact that they have Flier Formation, Flier Guidance, and Air Orders.

All of those are equivalent to +1 move in the best case scenario. Unless there's terrain cavalry's ability to use Goads is just as good and doesn't cost skill slots. That said, the volcano and mountain maps do exist.

Unless you meant in AI hands. The fact that AI prefers to teleport if possible means that the flier movement skills keeps the team together, which is great.

That said, I do think Ward is more valuable than Goad in general, player phase units tend to have other ways to pass stat checks (like shoving a bunch of savage blow stacks down people's throats), and defensive teams have a far simpler time positioning for drive effects.

Edited by DehNutCase

36 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Meet the Heroes page got updated, here's Panne

panne_proud_taguel_slide01.png

I'm surprised they made Panne look cute...

I mean... she isn't a banner unit xDU.

Her attacking and damaged art look painful to me. Not undoable or even that straining when done quickly, but since she is frozen like that I can't help but wince. For the fanservice I guess.

43 minutes ago, KongDude said:

My guess is Chiko for now.

Thanks. I'm too used to Chiko doing artwork for whom are considered to be Caucasians

Edited by redlight

OMG. A quick screenshot of Keaton's damaged artwork and ... uh ... I'm drooling a little bit. I've changed my mind. I'm 100% going for him. And I'm always going to leave him at 1HP, because ... reasons.

IMG_3894.thumb.jpeg.230e32a145595fb27cfd337c0c9e358a.jpeg

Panne looks super pretty as well, it's a shame I didn't really care for her in Awakening. I loved Yarne though because he was such a big coward and I loved making him a Beserker for maximum LOL.

Edited by Kiran_

3 hours ago, Fruity Insanity said:

The English description of the skill is poorly worded. The Japanese is much clearer and states that she gets a stat boost to all stats equal to 50% of the difference between her res and the enemy’s, up to a cap of +8, and assuming she fulfills the conditions of the effect (more res and melee enemy).

For instance, if she’s fighting someone with 22 res while she has 38, she will get +8 to all stats. If she’s fighting someone with 30 res while she has 38, she’ll get +4 to each stat. 

At least, that’s how I interpreted it. I thought the English was funky so I went and read the JP version, and it seems like a lot of misinterpretation regarding her weapon is going around.

I see. Thanks for clearing it up.

I wish they would change "grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res = 50% of difference between stats." to "grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res = 50% of difference between unit's Res and foe's Res." to make it more clear.

2 hours ago, KongDude said:

Meet the Heroes page got updated, here's Panne

panne_proud_taguel_slide01.png

Holy Naga!!! She looks amazing. I think I am in love. I hope this artist would do more drawings for Heroes. I want to see how they would illustrate Anna.

Edited by XRay