New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin

Anacybele

So now we have all transformation effects but armor. But that makes me wonder what armor will be. I mean the only beast unit type left is dragon Laguz I think, and that feels more like they’d be breath units.

I mean maybe when they add lions or tigers, they’ll be armor, and not just lumped in with the beast tribe as infantry?

Edited by Alastor15243

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, it just hit me that Kaden also joins the fairly small list of green melee cavalry. That's neat, especially if he's the demote.

19 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

So now we have all transformation effects but armor. But that makes me wonder what armor will be. I mean the only beast unit type left is dragon Laguz I think, and that feels more like they’d be breath units.

I mean maybe when they add lions or tigers, they’ll be armor, and not just lumped in with the beast tribe as infantry?

Good question.

We still don't know what unit type Panne is, but I'm guessing she's either infantry or cavalry, not armor. Same story with cats. Lions and tigers could make sense as armors, but they've scored pretty poorly on CYL. I think Caineghis will get in eventually, but I'm not sure they're inclined to add many of them.

The other unit type we're missing right now is cavalry dragons. If we can have kitsune as cavalry beasts, I'm sure some they've got some idea for cavalry dragons, but I'm not sure what.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

The other unit type we're missing right now is cavalry dragons. If we can have kitsune as cavalry beasts, I'm sure some they've got some idea for cavalry dragons, but I'm not sure what.

I’ve heard suggestions that it could be feral Corrin.

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Don’t know about anyone else, but I certainly disagree. At least her voice isn’t cracking and she sounds her age.

Fair point, she doesn't sound like a smoker.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Edit: Turns out Kaden and Selkie are cavs. Which pretty much confirms Velouria's getting demoted out of this lot imo and means that Kaden works amazingly with Eirika after all. Honestly that might have raised him up in my book.

Eh, the only thing Kaden has going for him not demoting is the fact that he's a cavalry. Velouria has Close Def and Ward Beasts on her.

My bets are still on Kaden, even if I'd prefer Velouria to demote.

31 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

With how beasts ended up implemented and their fancy transformation mechanic, I think it's relatively certain that the dragon Laguz will be armored beasts.

With the Wolfskins implemented as infantry and Kitsune as cavalry, I think they're going to make the tigers and lions infantry and the cats cavalry.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With how beasts ended up implemented and their fancy transformation mechanic, I think it's relatively certain that the dragon Laguz will be armored beasts.

The thing about that though is that they’d be immune to all dragon slaying weapons, which, well... I mean it’s plausible since they’re an entirely different sort of dragonshifter, but still a bit odd.

Edited by Alastor15243

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

The thing about that though is that they’d be immune to all dragon slaying weapons, which, we’ll... I mean it’s plausible since they’re an entirely different sort of dragonshifter, but still a bit odd.

Also, Hone Dragons wouldn't work on them, which seems really weird.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

Also, Hone Dragons wouldn't work on them, which seems really weird.

And since they're willing to lump stoner Beasts with stoneless Beasts, lumping stoneless Dragons with stoner Dragons sounds feasible to me.

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

One guy exists and so we can not complain... uh huh. Yup, that's how it works. One female in a revealing outfit would stop guys complaining if guys all went around in speedos in video games Oo

Not sure if you're trolling here? Most seasonal banners have had a fanservice guy on them - it's more the lack of guys than anything now that gets annoying, since we often get one compared to four girls. Plus the sometimes very uncomfortable looking poses... 

Plus there's a huge difference between Keaton's chest showing and Camilla thrusting her boobs and butt at the screen in an actual Fates cutscene Oo 

Agreed. 

Either they increase the sexualization of men, including speedos, or they decrease the amount of female sexualization. As is, things are not relatively or absolutely equal in FEH. Although maybe FE3H judging from its artist's history will make men with shredded shirts the norm. 

And to speak more of Keaton's injured artwork, I didn't see the abs peaking out at first, so he is effectively shirtless in the front. Which is quite nice! The choice to leave on part of his shirt as an open vest is actually a good move I think. Completely shirtless has an appeal of being more pure nudity, and part of me does wish that he wore only a dust bunny. But by leaving something on, it accentuates the exposure of Keaton's nude parts through the comparison of him covered and him uncovered, increasing those parts' sexiness.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

55 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh, it just hit me that Kaden also joins the fairly small list of green melee cavalry. That's neat, especially if he's the demote.

OMG, you're right! This makes me want him even more now.

I don't see the girls getting demoted because waifu appeal, so the demote is probably one of the guys. I miss double demotes.

Also, it was a given that IS would throw the Fates beasts out ASAP given the Fates-bias thing, but these are brand new characters and more beasts to boot so I'm happy to see this variety, even if I'm not a fan of the characters specifically. I'm surprised we're not getting Yarne as a Tempest Trial reward honestly. Maybe in the future?

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't see the girls getting demoted because waifu appeal, so the demote is probably one of the guys. I miss double demotes.

Also, it was a given that IS would throw the Fates beasts out ASAP given the Fates-bias thing, but these are brand new characters and more beasts to boot so I'm happy to see this variety, even if I'm not a fan of the characters specifically. I'm surprised we're not getting Yarne as a Tempest Trial reward honestly. Maybe in the future?

What made you suspect Yarne? He’s pretty unpopular in the fandom, especially compared to the other modern beast units. Of the six, I think it’s pretty natural he’d initially get passed up.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eh, the only thing Kaden has going for him not demoting is the fact that he's a cavalry. Velouria has Close Def and Ward Beasts on her.

My bets are still on Kaden, even if I'd prefer Velouria to demote.

Kaden has Goad beasts and a Link skill, alongside his weapon which I would say is more grounds for him not being demoted versus Velouria. Velouria would also be the better choice to improve the questionable colourless 4* pool against the green 4* pool which needs less changes imo, so I will admit to a bit of bias on the preference.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed. 

Either they increase the sexualization of men, including speedos, or they decrease the amount of female sexualization. As is, things are not relatively or absolutely equal in FEH. Although maybe FE3H judging from its artist's history will make men with shredded shirts the norm. 

And to speak more of Keaton's injured artwork, I didn't see the abs peaking out at first, so he is effectively shirtless in the front. Which is quite nice! The choice to leave on part of his shirt as an open vest is actually a good move I think. Completely shirtless has an appeal of being more pure nudity, and part of me does wish that he wore only a dust bunny. But by leaving something on, it accentuates the exposure of Keaton's nude parts through the comparison of him covered and him uncovered, increasing those parts' sexiness.

Personally, I'd love fanservice to just be one or two characters (of both genders) and the rest wear sensible armour, etc. 

In FEH, I wish they did more for males on seasonals and stopped doing awkward poses that look painful for females (and even the occasional male... not seasonal, but Shiro's damaged still looks like a broken neck). 

Keaton's art is divine, though. Fully agreed there :D 

Edited by Cute Chao

I'm hoping Velouria demotes so we can get Close Defense 3 in the 4* star pool. I have some characters waiting on that skill. 

As for the banner itself, I'm not particularly attached to any of the characters so only Keaton interests me because he has a Valor skill. If I can wait for Maribelle to come back on a 3 unit banner then I can definitely wait for Keaton. 

A nice banner with wrong timing. I am out of orbs right now and also at 3.50 at Love abounds, also a legendary banner is coming along with the anniversary banner.

Though all units are nice, I would prefer Velouria and Kaden as Panne or Naesala will be my blue beast and I have a Tibarn for red. So there two will help me the most in my beast (+legendary earth dragon) team.

Also why not have two demotes? Both Velouria and Keaton don't have anything crazy in their kits and their weapons aren't the best. But I think I will pull at least one with the story orbs.

Edited by SuperNova125

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Last Awakening banner was Gen 1 based wasn't it? If the next Awakening banner is Gen 2 based

I hope to god this is the case cause then Hopefully my favorite girl will finally get in the game. I have waited two years IS give me my twintailed tsundere time traveling daughter please!!!

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I hope to god this is the case cause then Hopefully my favorite girl will finally get in the game. I have waited two years IS give me my twintailed tsundere time traveling daughter please!!!

Preach, I need my daughter XP I know she's already in the game as Selena, but still

30 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

(...not seasonal, but Shiro's damaged still looks like a broken neck). 

Does it? I thought that it was just a little stiff, like how his head would turn if he got a hard kick to the face.

Selkie would be a welcome addition to the beast team I'm planning to build, and Panne being free is a nice touch.

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

One guy exists and so we can not complain... uh huh. Yup, that's how it works. One female in a revealing outfit would stop guys complaining if guys all went around in speedos in video games Oo

Not sure if you're trolling here? Most seasonal banners have had a fanservice guy on them - it's more the lack of guys than anything now that gets annoying, since we often get one compared to four girls. Plus the sometimes very uncomfortable looking poses... 

Plus there's a huge difference between Keaton's chest showing and Camilla thrusting her boobs and butt at the screen in an actual Fates cutscene Oo

Since I started with a meme and I responded to Eclipse jokingly, I intended for it to be a joke. I should have made it more clear. Obviously things still aren't completely balanced, obviously IS seems to prefer female characters and it's true that they also tend to prefer certain females over and over, instead of switching them up. It wasn't the point of the joke.

The joke was more at the expense of people who are overly prudish, or use double standards: "butt and boobs in the shame shot? How indecent! What you can see Keaton's ass and his naked torso in the same picture? What's wrong with that?"

And about the Speedos. I would whale for Speedo Camus, but the way you used that as an example of balancing things out... I don't really agree with it. I've seen SAO. I've seen Shinon's cameltoe be the focus of the camera in many shots, and in my opinion we haven't reached that level of shameless nakedness in this game, not even with the Hot Springs, so there's no need to balance it with Speedo Camus and his big bulge... yet.

To be even clearer, if we resolve the quantity problem, by adding 30 half-naked males, I would call the game balanced. I believe that even the most sexualized female alt in this game is basically on the same level of Hot Springs!Ryoma, not more offensive, not less offensive. I will fight people over this, but not here, it's really not the right place.

To be honest I initially thought of a different joke entirely. I wanted to complain about how unrealistic Kaden's and Keaton's muscles looked, saying that it objectifies the male body, and someone like me who could never reach such a perfect physical condition shouldn't have to deal with such negative models being imposed on me. I rapidly dropped the idea because there were thousands of ways to interpret it the wrong way.

So I decided to make a different joke that I thought was harmless, but I guess it was not. The actual point of the joke was to not take the fanservice too seriously, since it can be done with both genders, and the artists probably don't put a lot of thought over the morality of it, when it's really just drawings without any special mening.

P.S.: Fates is irrelevant to the argument since we are talking about Heroes and only Heroes. You are right that Camilla's cutscene was bad in general. If there was a cutscene of Xander training naked and the camera stared at his ass I would call it the worst scene in the game too.

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Interesting they decided to dump all the Fates beasts at once, and Panne, rather than space it out. Figured they would have trickled them in rather than this. 

well you know IS and their fates bias.

Edited by Ottservia

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Interesting they decided to dump all the Fates beasts at once, and Panne, rather than space it out. Figured they would have trickled them in rather than this. 

Considering how much beasts synergize with full beast teams, I think it’s fairly natural they’d want to get the roster as big as they could as soon as they could.

Edited by Alastor15243

While I personally don't care for these characters I quite like this banner because the units are all new and are not alts which is great. Glad for the people who wanted these characters.

I do look forward to Panne since she's one of the handful of Awakening characters I like.