Frozen II - Teaser Trailer! Releasing in November 2019!

Anacybele

Finally some movie footage, even if it doesn't have any dialogue! :D

Looks very intriguing too! Elsa is my second favorite Disney princess (Tiana is first), I also love Olaf, and Frozen has been one of my favorite Disney movies for awhile, so as soon as I heard Frozen II was in the works, I kept an eye out for any information. Sadly, none had come for awhile, but we finally have a real trailer with footage!

Things to note:

- Elsa is trying to use her powers to cross an ocean? Or is she trying to make her powers stronger?

- Kristoff sure can rally reindeer! They look to be ready for something serious.

- Anna is seen on a balcony in Elsa's Ice Palace, looking at a bunch of diamond things, and judging by her reaction here, this is an unusual phenomenon. Something must've happened.

- Anna is by herself and looking cold in another scene, poor girl. She sure can jump though!

- Elsa is then seen protecting Olaf from some crazy purple fiery stuff. What is this?! It's quite unusual.

- A gust of wind blows Kristoff into the air beside Anna? Elsa doesn't have this kind of power though, and she's not present here. What caused this? Did Anna gain some kind of wind based power?

- For much of the trailer, the gang appears to be separated. Did they somehow run into major trouble that caused this and are they trying to reunite for a good portion of the story?

- The entire gang, including Sven and Olaf, are seen overlooking a vast valley towards the end, maybe this is late in the movie.

- The setting appears to be far from Arendelle, as it's nowhere to be seen. It also looks to be fall due to all the orange and yellow leaves/trees and the trailer ending with a floating fall leaf. I'm guessing the movie takes place several months after the first one since that one ends in spring and the followup short film, Frozen Fever, took place in spring. The November release date is fall as well.

- Hans does not appear in this, suggesting that he may not return as the villain, but this is only a teaser, so he could appear in later trailers, either as a major villain again, a minor one, or maybe as a joke like in Frozen Fever lol. That was SO hilarious. XD He could even be a surprise ally, though this is unlikely, as turning villains into allies isn't something Disney does much. It HAS happened (Iago from Aladdin and Vitani from The Lion King II being my favorite examples), but yeah.

- The trailer ends with Anna ripping a sword/dagger from Kristoff's belt and attacking an unknown foe. I wonder who she's going after here? Maybe it's Hans? Or a wild animal? She and Kristoff were chased by wolves in the first film. Could also be a brand new sneaky antagonist. Who knows?

This looks mighty spectacular though and I can't wait to see the movie! Who else here is a Frozen fan? I'm even sometimes tempted to buy Elsa and Anna dolls, though I'm not sure what I'd do with them beyond letting them collect dust in display shelves. :P I do have a big Olaf plush though, a few Frozen-themed school supplies, a set of Elsa and Anna trunks, and a long Elsa and Anna pillow. My late younger brother gave me Olaf, so I treasure him a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Are Elsa and Anna's parents alive and they are trying to locate them?

Could be, but I hope not, because it would fuel the fire for that dumb Tarzan connection theory. It makes no sense. If their parents were sailing from Scandinavian territory to Germany's area for Rapunzel's wedding, how would they have wound up shipwrecked in AFRICA? It's just scientifically impossible. I can accept the connections to Tangled and The Little Mermaid, but not Tarzan.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Could be, but I hope not, because it would fuel the fire for that dumb Tarzan connection theory. It makes no sense. If their parents were sailing from Scandinavian territory to Germany's area for Rapunzel's wedding, how would they have wound up shipwrecked in AFRICA? It's just scientifically impossible. I can accept the connections to Tangled and The Little Mermaid, but not Tarzan.

Wait what? 

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Wait what? 

There's a widely known and accepted theory that connects Frozen to Tangled, The Little Mermaid, and Tarzan. The theory states that Anna and Elsa's parents were on their way to Rapunzel's wedding from Tangled's short film, Tangled Ever After when they shipwrecked. This is thought to be because Rapunzel and Flynn made cameos in Frozen during Elsa's coronation. The shipwreck is the same one Ariel sees in The Little Mermaid. Anna and Elsa's parents survived, however, and later found themselves on the African coast. They gave birth to Tarzan there.

I can accept the parts for Tangled and The Little Mermaid, but I cannot buy that Anna and Elsa's parents somehow wound up thousands of miles away in southern Africa.

Edited by Anacybele

There's a widely known and accepted theory that connects Frozen to Tangled, The Little Mermaid, and Tarzan. The theory states that Anna and Elsa's parents were on their way to Rapunzel's wedding from Tangled's short film, Tangled Ever After when they shipwrecked. This is thought to be because Rapunzel and Flynn made cameos in Frozen during Elsa's coronation.

Okay, this much I knew. The rest, not so much. 

I guess that's neat? I was not a fan of the first movie, in the slightest (and Kingdom Hearts 3 did not help change that opinion), and this 180 shift from a sassy Disney drama into a full on adventure action movie seems odd to me. Animation looks good, I have to give them that. If there are no songs, then I can see myself actually liking this. The redesigns are neat, although then they have me thinking this will just be a weird version of Brave. 

As for Hans, I hope he returns. He was the one dude I actually liked in the original Frozen, and they better not do him dirty like in Frozen 1, making him a garbage tier twist villain.

Spoiler

Oh, dear Naga, they're actually doing it.  I know about the teaser at the end of Ralph Breaks the Internet, but I didn't think they were being serious.

I'm sure it'll be nice, I did think the first one was good.  I'm just afraid of what kind of annoying earworm they're going to cook up this time.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

1 hour ago, DarthR0xas said:

I guess that's neat? I was not a fan of the first movie, in the slightest (and Kingdom Hearts 3 did not help change that opinion), and this 180 shift from a sassy Disney drama into a full on adventure action movie seems odd to me. Animation looks good, I have to give them that. If there are no songs, then I can see myself actually liking this. The redesigns are neat, although then they have me thinking this will just be a weird version of Brave. 

As for Hans, I hope he returns. He was the one dude I actually liked in the original Frozen, and they better not do him dirty like in Frozen 1, making him a garbage tier twist villain.

Sounds like Disney is not your thing then, and I wonder why you even posted in here. A vast majority of Disney movies have songs and such. And I thought Hans being a villain was clever, because unlike a lot of Disney villains, he's not obviously evil and you'd least expect someone like him to be. It was nice to see a villain like this for a change.

EDIT: @Von Ithipathachai Why would you think a tease at a Frozen sequel is just a joke? Frozen was only the highest grossing animated film of all time, you know. Of course they'd want to continue that success.

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sounds like Disney is not your thing then

Nah, I just hate Frozen in particular. I love most of Disney, and especially Pixar's stuff. Hell, one of the reasons I got into Kingdom Hearts is because I love Disney so much, and it remains a reason why I like the series. 

A vast majority of Disney movies have songs and such.

Difference being that they are actually good instead of the grating garbage of Frozen's songs. By all accounts, Let it Go is a good song. And by all accounts, it is overplayed to the point of annoyance and has gotten to the point where it has been utterly ruined by overuse. And all the other songs are trash. Junk about snowmen, stupid rocks rambling about marriage, that annoying cliche love song that is trying to hard to be cliche and as a result is self-defeating. Utterly worthless.

And I thought Hans being a villain was clever, because unlike a lot of Disney villains, he's not obviously evil and you'd least expect someone like him to be. It was nice to see a villain like this for a change.

Except the issue with him being a villain is that it isn't foreshadowed in the slightest. It's like a switch. One second he's good, perfect, doesn't do a thing wrong, then bam, psychopathic murderer. I can be find with characters making a complete 180 in characterization, if it's foreshadowed properly or has a good payoff. Hans has neither, and him being a villain just feels dumb. I get it Disney, you want to completely subvert the idea of true love, but did you have to do it so poorly? Hans literally stops a dude from murdering Elsa, only to later try to do it himself. It makes no sense for Hans to stop that dude from killing her at that point, if he planned to just do it later. "Yes, it's a brilliant idea to get myself charged with Regicide so then I can't get any of my goals done, instead of this rando trooper who I can easily just throw in a jail to solve all my problems." It's so clumsy that I can't call it clever.

Edited by DarthR0xas

8 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Nah, I just hate Frozen in particular. I love most of Disney, and especially Pixar's stuff.

Fair enough. I personally prefer most of regular Disney over Pixar though.

8 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Difference being that they are actually good instead of the grating garbage of Frozen's songs.

Ah, personal taste then. I love "Let it Go," "In Summer," and "For the First Time in Forever." "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" and "Love is an Open Door" are okay too. The trolls' song was weird though.

10 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Except the issue with him being a villain is that it isn't foreshadowed in the slightest. It's like a switch. One second he's good, perfect, doesn't do a thing wrong, then bam, psychopathic murderer. I can be find with characters making a complete 180 in characterization, if it's foreshadowed properly or has a good payoff. Hans has neither, and him being a villain just feels dumb. I get it Disney, you want to completely subvert the idea of true love, but did you have to do it so poorly? Hans literally stops a dude from murdering Elsa, only to later try to do it himself. It makes no sense for Hans to stop that dude from killing her at that point, if he planned to just do it later. "Yes, it's a brilliant idea to get myself charged with Regicide so then I can't get any of my goals done, instead of this rando trooper who I can easily just throw in a jail to solve all my problems." It's so clumsy that I can't call it clever.

I thought it was kinda foreshadowed though, with Elsa's and Kristoff's warning to Anna that she shouldn't marry a man she just met and how Hans mentions that he has a bunch of brothers ahead of him for his family's throne. It's not a big foreshadow, no, but if it was, it wouldn't have been as surprising that he was the villain.

But I guess we'll just see it differently here. xP

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I thought it was kinda foreshadowed though, with Elsa's and Kristoff's warning to Anna that she shouldn't marry a man she just met and how Hans mentions that he has a bunch of brothers ahead of him for his family's throne. It's not a big foreshadow, no, but if it was, it wouldn't have been as surprising that he was the villain.

You see, I saw that as a part of the whole subverting true love theme that Frozen has going on. While Hans being a villain is a natural extension of that theme, you still have to make the implementation of said natural extension fit into the characters and situations you've designed, which Disney didn't do. They made Hans the perfect prince, and displayed him as nothing but that, and even made him look better in most cases, right up until the twist. As for the brothers, I just thought that was a background detail.

7 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

You see, I saw that as a part of the whole subverting true love theme that Frozen has going on. While Hans being a villain is a natural extension of that theme, you still have to make the implementation of said natural extension fit into the characters and situations you've designed, which Disney didn't do. They made Hans the perfect prince, and displayed him as nothing but that, and even made him look better in most cases, right up until the twist. As for the brothers, I just thought that was a background detail.

Huh. I guess we just saw it differently, as I said. Because I was thinking these things were telling me "is there something more to this guy that we're not seeing?" and when the twist happened, I was surprised, but not feeling like it came completely out of nowhere.

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @Von Ithipathachai Why would you think a tease at a Frozen sequel is just a joke? Frozen was only the highest grossing animated film of all time, you know. Of course they'd want to continue that success.

Perhaps, but to my knowledge most Disney sequels are direct-to-DVD crap.

Now that I think about it, an Internet reviewer specializing in direct-to-DVD releases sounds like he/she would be entertaining.  "Tales from the DVD Rack", perhaps?

7 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Perhaps, but to my knowledge most Disney sequels are direct-to-DVD crap.

I'm pretty sure this will be in theaters though, and given that it's a sequel to a huge hit, I'd imagine that more care would be put into it.

I'm pretty sure this will be in theaters though, and given that it's a sequel to a huge hit, I'd imagine that more care would be put into it.

Probably, otherwise they wouldn't bother with a teaser in the first place.  Still, I believe this is unprecedented for a Disney Princess movie.

35 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Probably, otherwise they wouldn't bother with a teaser in the first place.  Still, I believe this is unprecedented for a Disney Princess movie.

Yeah, but not many of them actually got sequels in the first place. I believe Cinderella, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Pocahontas are the only ones until now. And the one for Beauty and the Beast isn't even a true sequel, it's more of an inquel because it takes place DURING the first film on the side. Aladdin's sequels are generally agreed to be pretty good too, btw. The Return of Jafar is one of my personal favorites myself.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, DarthR0xas said:

Difference being that they are actually good instead of the grating garbage of Frozen's songs. By all accounts, Let it Go is a good song. And by all accounts, it is overplayed to the point of annoyance and has gotten to the point where it has been utterly ruined by overuse. And all the other songs are trash. Junk about snowmen, stupid rocks rambling about marriage, that annoying cliche love song that is trying to hard to be cliche and as a result is self-defeating. Utterly worthless.

Huh, I mean yeah Let It Go has been overplayed to the point of no return, but I guess we'll disagree on the others being trash. I'm a bit sad you didn't have an awful description for Do You Want to Build a Snowman?, First Time in Forever or the one where Kristoff sings about people sucking. Then again, I haven't seen Olaf's 40 minutes of apparent annoyance either.

16 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

It's not the first cinematic sequel, what with Ralph breaks the Internet, Winnie the Pooh 2011 and the Rescuers of all things got cinema sequels. It is quite clear however that this is a bigger deal as an explicit No. 2 (considering all the direct to DVD ones are..... mostly terrible).

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but not many of them actually got sequels in the first place. I believe Cinderella, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Pocahontas are the only ones until now. And the one for Beauty and the Beast isn't even a true sequel, it's more of an inquel because it takes place DURING the first film on the side. Aladdin's sequels are generally agreed to be pretty good too, btw. The Return of Jafar is one of my personal favorites myself.

Mulan (which counts?) did, never mind the non-princess movies that did. Also some of those do get more than 1 (Little Mermaid definitely did)

Also, yeah at least the Aladdin ones weren't terrible. Actually have both on video tape, though I'd pick the 40 thieves as the better one.

Me, I do like Frozen. I will say I wish Hans could have been better handled in the finale because the reveal itself is honestly one of the better villain moments in Disney but with they bits I've heard I do think it's possible that we'll see him get more in this sequel. I'll also say I doubt that part where Elsa's having to run across a sea has anything to do with her parents though. 

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Huh, I mean yeah Let It Go has been overplayed to the point of no return, but I guess we'll disagree on the others being trash. I'm a bit sad you didn't have an awful description for Do You Want to Build a Snowman?, First Time in Forever or the one where Kristoff sings about people sucking. Then again, I haven't seen Olaf's 40 minutes of apparent annoyance either.

You're right, I need to remedy that immediately. The songs where a brat whines about her sister being moody and introverted and where a pampered tool sings all about first world problems also suck. I forgot about Kristoff's song. I actually like that one, it gets a pass from me.

Edited by DarthR0xas

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's not the first cinematic sequel, what with Ralph breaks the Internet, Winnie the Pooh 2011 and the Rescuers of all things got cinema sequels. It is quite clear however that this is a bigger deal as an explicit No. 2 (considering all the direct to DVD ones are..... mostly terrible).

Don't forget Fantasia 2000 and the Toy Story sequels. I remember because my dad took me to see the former and I was with other family when I saw Toy Story 2 in theaters. Fantasia 2000 is meh though. I enjoyed the part with the wooden soldier and ballerina statue, that's about it.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Mulan (which counts?) did, never mind the non-princess movies that did. Also some of those do get more than 1 (Little Mermaid definitely did)

Oh yeah, how could I forget that one? I actually thought it was cute. It featured princesses who actually hated being princesses which is something we don't see much.

47 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I specifically said for a Disney Princess movie.  I do not believe Disney has officially made Vanellope one.

EDIT: I should have specified that it's a Disney Princess movie getting a theatrically released direct sequel.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

6 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

You're right, I need to remedy that immediately. The songs where a brat whines about her sister being moody and introverted and where a pampered tool sings all about first world problems also suck. I forgot about Kristoff's song. I actually like that one, it gets a pass from me.

I see we're really never going to agree on all but Kristoff's then. Not to worry though.

Also, no awful description for Kristoff's song? I only gave one because I couldn't find the title when I was briefly searching.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't forget Fantasia 2000 and the Toy Story sequels. I remember because my dad took me to see the former and I was with other family when I saw Toy Story 2 in theaters. Fantasia 2000 is meh though. I enjoyed the part with the wooden soldier and ballerina statue, that's about it.

Don't count Pixar as it's a separate studio if owned by Disney (And there's more than a few sequels there) and I'll admit I've not seen either Fantasia and tend to forget both exist.

I don't see how Anna being upset that her big sister who always played with her before is suddenly shutting her out makes her a whiny brat. I'd feel the same way if my brothers did that to me.

And Olaf being curious about summer isn't a bad thing either.

I forgot about Kristoff's song though, that one is awesome.

Edited by Anacybele

55 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I see we're really never going to agree on all but Kristoff's then. Not to worry though.

Also, no awful description for Kristoff's song? I only gave one because I couldn't find the title when I was briefly searching.

Alright fine. A loser who was ostracized from society, largely by his own doing, complains that people don't like him.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't see how Anna being upset that her big sister who always played with her before is suddenly shutting her out makes her a whiny brat. I'd feel the same way if my brothers did that to me.

It's less what she says, and more how she says it. That Child Anna voice actor shrieking out high notes, bless her heart, sounds terrible. Once she gets older at least that VA can hit the high notes, although keeps the whiny tone of voice.

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And Olaf being curious about summer isn't a bad thing either.

Sure, but again his voice. That grating, nasally voice that is trying way too hard to be cutesy, sings a song.

4 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

It's less what she says, and more how she says it. That Child Anna voice actor shrieking out high notes, bless her heart, sounds terrible. Once she gets older at least that VA can hit the high notes, although keeps the whiny tone of voice.

Okay, but she IS a small child. They tend to be whiny. lol

5 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Sure, but again his voice. That grating, nasally voice that is trying way too hard to be cutesy, sings a song.

Huh, I guess this is just another personal taste thing then, because Olaf's voice didn't bother me at all. xP