Who do you think will be the next GHB unit from Binding Blade?

Garlyle

Who do you think will be the next GHB unit from Binding Blade?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the next GHB unit from Binding Blade?

• Idunn
    • Brunnya
    • Galle
    • Murdock
    • Jahn
    • Someone else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/2019 at 03:00 AM

I think it could be Idunn, even if she's popular and makes sense as a mythic hero. I don't see Binding Blade getting a Legendary or Mythic before Legendary Roy, nor do I see a second one following him that quickly, so it's either add Idunn in a different way or keep her out for another year or so.

However, it it's not Idunn then Murdock is my guess.

9 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I think it could be Idunn, even if she's popular and makes sense as a mythic hero. I don't see Binding Blade getting a Legendary or Mythic before Legendary Roy, nor do I see a second one following him that quickly, so it's either add Idunn in a different way or keep her out for another year or so.

However, it it's not Idunn then Murdock is my guess.

You do realize we got Duma as a Mythic before Legendary Alm or Celica right? I think it's safe to say that Idunn is way more likely as a Mythic at this point

Murdock seems like the highest profile pick to me and he appears in both the Elibe games.

That'd be my guess but I'd basically love just anyone amongst those proposed heroes (although would rather Idunn be kept for Mystic hero banner). 

Edited by Vince777

I don't see a reason to expect Idunn to be a mythic hero. She wasn't the master of anything, she's more of a weapon used by the other dragons. Doesn't sound very godlike to me.

I'm sticking to my prediction that she'll be on the main FE6 banner. Bosses can appear on normal banners, as Ishtar shows.

I'm guessing Idunn, although it will be interesting because Binding Blade didn't even really hint her existence as a final boss or a dragon unless one got the true ending… Speaking of which, I'd be interested to know what path the developers decided to go with her… In other words, if her character would be based off what happens before or after the true ending… I hope it's the latter, because it seems more interesting…

Not to mention her weapon would also be interesting, because in the original game she was very weak with it, but in the beta version of the game, it was almost literally impossible to defeat her with anything but the Binding Blade… The change was most likely made because it's entirely possible to break the Binding Blade on the way to the true ending, which would render the game unwinnable once one got to the final mission, with no warning of that ever being possible…

22 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't see a reason to expect Idunn to be a mythic hero. She wasn't the master of anything, she's more of a weapon used by the other dragons. Doesn't sound very godlike to me.

I'm sticking to my prediction that she'll be on the main FE6 banner. Bosses can appear on normal banners, as Ishtar shows.

She seems God-like in power. Largely more powerful than any unit in the game (super weakness to Binding Blade notwithstanding). She's a last boss, larger than life, and only compares to Grima if put on a banner.  Grima probably would have made a Mythic Heroes banner as well, had they been there at the time. 

I don't think they literally need to be "gods" or be seen as gods (as even Duma isn't actually one). Even some legend like Athos I feel would belong on a Mythic hero banner.

There aren't that many 'gods' in the series.

Edited by Vince777

39 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

There aren't that many 'gods' in the series.

Preach! Apotheosis!Anna is the one and only true Rightful Goddess of the series.

59 minutes ago, wheelsonfire said:

Not to mention her weapon would also be interesting, because in the original game she was very weak with it, but in the beta version of the game, it was almost literally impossible to defeat her with anything but the Binding Blade… The change was most likely made because it's entirely possible to break the Binding Blade on the way to the true ending, which would render the game unwinnable once one got to the final mission, with no warning of that ever being possible…

Source if I don't mind asking?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Source if I don't mind asking?

https://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/inventory/items/

The Demon Dragonstone near the bottom of the list was an item that Idunn was meant to have equipped, and in doing so, her stats would skyrocket. Unfortunately, the item was removed, but left in the game's data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urLEZpOeKqc

This is a video where someone hacked the Demon Dragonstone back into Idunn’s inventory, and then proceeds to fight her. The battle is crazy, with the Binding Blade being the only thing that can really damage her… It gives a good explanation as to why that was removed, aside from being very interesting to watch. I just wish what we got was not such a letdown…

42 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't expect a GHB with the Binding Blade Banner, since we will get Panne in some hours... But I believe we will have a Tempest Trial with the banner.

Who? I don't know.

Back-to-back GHBs aren't unusual. Last spring, we got FE5, FE14, and FE4 banners all in a row, and all three of them had an associated GHB.

Lately, the pattern has been one free unit associated with each banner, whether GHB or TT. (Panne, Titania, Camilla, Naesala, Laegjarn, Cecilia, Gharnef, Azura, Aversa, Dorcas.) The late March banner is expected to be the spring one, and there's never been a seasonal GHB, so that will probably have March's TT.

2 hours ago, wheelsonfire said:

The Demon Dragonstone near the bottom of the list was an item that Idunn was meant to have equipped, and in doing so, her stats would skyrocket. Unfortunately, the item was removed, but left in the game's data.

You're just adding the Demon Dragonstone's bonuses to her current stats? I don't think that'd be how it works. She is already shifted when you fight her, and enemy Dragons in FE don't usually have a stone equipped when you fight them and their shifted form counts as a separate state from their shifted form. Shadow Dragon Medeus uses Dark Breath, not a stone, and the FE7 Fire Dragon uses "Flametongue", which is its breath I believe. FE1/SD Medeus is an exception I admit. But despite being the penultimate boss, Jahn has significantly lower stats than Idunn sans the Firestone, not entirely because he isn't the last boss, but because he is unshifted unless in battle, unlike Idunn in the final game.

To put it more clearly, I'd think her stats would be significantly lower to reflect the fact she is unshifted and thus not in true dragon form when not engaged in battle, if she used the Demon Dragonstone instead of Dark Breath.

On 2/23/2019 at 3:08 PM, wheelsonfire said:

I'm with @Interdimensional Observer on this one. When they switched Idenn to using Dark Breath instead of Magestone, they very likely bumped up her base stats to compensate for the lost stat bonus.