BBHood217

I don't believe I've ever posted this here before.  It's a portrait of an original character of mine that I made years ago:
I7aPcjA.png

It's a frankenstein hybrid of Fir, Nino, and a civilian kid.  Her name is J.G., and yes she's a mage.  And.. that's all I got, even after all these years.  In my spare time, I've been trying to figure out how to make an FE game out of her and I still haven't succeeded.  Oh well, I'm sure I'll think of something one of these days.

Here's the portrait animated:
FRQ0EP3.gif

And here's her combat animation:
1pXpe4L.gif

rEycbXX.png

E4Agq8K.png

I used Lisandra_Brave's female ponytail mage as a base.  The single sprite is in 16 colors, for GBA insertion purposes.

Here's her map sprite:
FNDOZmO.pngwxnz14g.png

Just an edited pupil, but it works well enough for me.

I'm quite happy with what I've done so far, but of course there's still more to be done.  I gotta make her map sprites and promoted class, and then I gotta figure out what to do with her.

Edited by BBHood217

7 hours ago, Baby Bonnie Hood said:

It has more than 16 colors

The only reason for this is you have duplicates of the skin tones (I had to check because this claim confused me when looking at it at first glance).

testgirl.png.2d073de799ea3de0d650dbbf08b42ca0.png

Alignment is the only issue, which is a pretty simple fix as well.

You remind me why I like cats :3

I built upon what you did and aligned everything properly:
I7aPcjA.png

Now she should be perfectly GBAFE-compatible.  If there should be any reason to put her in a GBA FE game anyway.  Maybe one of these days, she'll be in one of those big meme hacks; but I'll have to establish myself first, and more importantly make her an actual unit and not just a mug.

I think I'll finally get started on her combat animations.

Edited by BBHood217

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some motivation to do that combat animation I said I'd do.  And so far, I got this:
E4Agq8K.png

I think it came out okay.  It's just gonna be the usual mage animation, but editing all the other frames is still gonna be a challenge; leaving in the cape should at least make it a little easier.

You might be wondering about her outfit; compared to the usual medieval fantasy stuff, it looks a little... modern.  I'm gonna stick with it because that's how I envisioned her, I just need to come up with a good reason why she's wearing such a thing.

Edited by BBHood217

I've been working on this on and off for some time now, and I've finally finished her combat animation:
1pXpe4L.gif

And the raw sprites:
rEycbXX.png

It's formatted for Lex Talionis, but it should be easy to convert to a GBA format.  Here's a single sprite with a 16-color palette for when such a thing is needed:
E4Agq8K.png

Now for her promoted class.

Hmm, SRPG Studio?  Doesn't it use graphics different from GBA FE?  Meaning that everything I have here might not even get used, except possibly the portrait.

Well, I'll think about it while I work on her other stuff.

Edit: I made a map sprite for her:
FNDOZmO.pngwxnz14g.png

Just an edited pupil but it's a mage unit with pants so it works fine for me.

Edited by BBHood217