Jump to content
Zihark11

Where to Play or watch FE4 and FE5?

Recommended Posts

So these are the only 2 Fire emblems i havent been able to play due to reason a lot of people havent. 

Im really interested Genaology of the Holy war cause i really like Sigurd and the idea behind how they are all related to Crusaders. Ayra is pretty cool as well. Would love to play it or even watch a full playthrough.

Tharcia 776 im not as interested in but i would still like to get the story/ characters under my belt. 

 

Thanks for any help/links you can give me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad news is you can't get links to roms and you'll have to sort that out yourself.

Worse news is that the only "finished" Thracia patch is crummy and old and there's no recent project that's done yet. Genealogy is better, with Gharnef being a solid patch even if a bit older and Project Naga being more recent and more complete than Gharnef's. All these patches are available on SF in the usual places, but I can't really give rom links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be cool to see modern versions of Thracia 776 and Genealogy of the Holy War. Echoes turned out pretty well and that had a fairly short development time. I never imagined Fire Emblem Gaiden ever being remade til Echoes came out. Definitely a nice surprise after Fates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For LPs, are there any current FEtubers you personally like (or dislike)? What kind of commentary style do you like? Do you prefer a group of friends playing or just one? Do you prefer serious commentary or something more casual? 

 

Sorry to throw all these questions at you. I figured it may be easier for you to have 1 recommendation rather than a mountain of possible recs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, grinus said:

It would be cool to see modern versions of Thracia 776 and Genealogy of the Holy War. Echoes turned out pretty well and that had a fairly short development time. I never imagined Fire Emblem Gaiden ever being remade til Echoes came out. Definitely a nice surprise after Fates. 

Well 1 and 2 have had remakes now so im assuming 3 is next and the rest will follow suit in the coming years.

58 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

For LPs, are there any current FEtubers you personally like (or dislike)? What kind of commentary style do you like? Do you prefer a group of friends playing or just one? Do you prefer serious commentary or something more casual? 

 

Sorry to throw all these questions at you. I figured it may be easier for you to have 1 recommendation rather than a mountain of possible recs.

 

id prefer one commentator but at this point im not really picky. if they actually read the dialogue that would be a bonus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zihark11 said:

Well 1 and 2 have had remakes now so im assuming 3 is next and the rest will follow suit in the coming years.

The FE3 remake happened about 6-7 years ago, but was never released outside Japan. I still doubt FE4/5 remakes coming to the west, due to obvious reasons (even though in these days they might just put the story out there anyway, dunno), but if Three Houses does well enough it may happen. I think a remake of FE6 is more likely to happen than 4/5 though (because of Roy's renewed popularity with SSBU)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mekkah said:

I played Thracia here. Full story is shown but not voice acted.

 

OH i completely forgot you did a playthrough of it! Sweet cant wait to get home tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

id prefer one commentator but at this point im not really picky. if they actually read the dialogue that would be a bonus

I'm fond of CalMc1234's let's play

poledoo also does a good job. He reads the text as well.

A currently running series rn is Ertrick36's let's play.

The first LP I've watched of this game is Mageknight404's. Gen 1 here. Gen 2 here. This series was made in 2009 so keep in mind it's Vintage YouTube at its finest (which means 10-15 mins per part.) He reads the text, and even tries to give the girls a softer voice, which is humorous in my opinion. I had to include this one in for nostalgia.

If you want to watch a substitute run, watch any of these until Gen 1 ends, and then switch to Mangs' LP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Genealogy, play the Project Naga patch, for watching, I like Mageknight404's playthrough "Let's Replay Genealogy of the Holy War", despite the fact that he didn't do the last 3 chapters. Still all that was finished is very entertaining. For FE5, if you want to play through the entire game right now, the best patch is the Shaiah Patch unfortunately, but Project Exile is almost done, so you could play about half of it, then the other half when Project Exile is finished. If you just want to watch it, I can't recommend anyone except for Mekkah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...