Who will return?

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You mean the Einherjar. Yes, that was great, but I mean keep the bodies to resemble phantoms like in Echoes.

ah, you meant the unique designs,Β i get it.

i believe the generic/default units with color swaps were foundΒ just in the cards fromΒ Awakening, as far as i remember.

Fates and Echoes did manage to keep the same Amiibo details from previous games, however that was in the 3DS era.

with 3H being on Switch and using a different engine, they would probably require to build up all the texturesΒ again from zero. it's not impossible, but it would require time of course.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only Anna - as she's considered a mascot for the most part -Β no one else.

Hopefully, No one from Tellius.Β 

Tellius is perfect, being a stand-alone game and I reallyΒ hateΒ it beingΒ referred here and there thus destroying the entire lore the duology set up.Β 

Edited by Skyla

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this sounds neat to me! And I'm always up for Ike references. <3

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Instead, @vanguard333Β makes the right call of just have subtle references. Let it be open for interpretation.

Thanks, guys.Β 

I agree with the person who said Jake should return. Though I do have one question: what class should he be? He was a ballistician in Shadow Dragon, and we've seen no indication that ballistician will be returning.Β 

Speaking of which, it would be good to see ballistician return, but not as the Fates version. Something like the Shadow Dragon version, but with greater movement, would be good. They could probably justify it with a more compact and portable ballista (like a Roman Scorpio). I don't know why; maybe I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 way too much and really enjoying using grenadiers, but I do think it would be cool to see a very long-range unit like a ballistician return.Β 

The amiibo characters hopefully. And I mean as a feature, similar to how it was in Fates... but with full support features just to give them some personality and make me want to use them.

And that's pretty much it. I'd hope it'd be an amiibo only feature so you can avoid them if you don't want them. I'd like to see Anna go back to Tellius levels of Anna. Give funny tutorials. Otherwise, keep it fresh.

It would be interesting if the mysterious young dragon was someone familiar, like a young Naga/Nagi.

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I agree with the person who said Jake should return. Though I do have one question: what class should he be? He was a ballistician in Shadow Dragon, and we've seen no indication that ballistician will be returning.Β 

I think he was a pirate in his FE7 cameo, and in New Mystery they made him a Warrior, so they will probably make him one of the Axe classes if Ballistician is omitted.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It would be interesting if the mysterious young dragon was someone familiar, like a young Naga/Nagi.

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I did make a case that it is possible that FodlanΒ might possibly have ties to Archanea.

I think Anna should be the only concrete character to return, I felt like the addition of Awakening characters in the Fates storyline was purely motivated to pander to the audience that really liked Awakening and was part of what made Fates feel like a game designed around what made Awakening popular.

That being said, I think characters a few popular lord characters like Marth, Alm, or Ike could be implemented well as a sort of "legendary historical figure" type deal, though I wouldn't want to make their inclusion a central focus of the game. That depends though when and where exactly Fodlan is located though in the greater FE universe, and more importantly whether or not it makes sense to do it that way.

Anna is mandatory, so she'll be back, hope there's only one tho.

As for any other character that Intelligent System want to put in this game, i really hope that they will do it in a backhanded way.

At this point, I would be shocked if Anna was not in the game. She has a good record of appearing in the newer games.:D:

I would rather not see old characters return during the main game, but I do love the idea of the game having references to them in legends and such.Β  However, if there is an endgame(or more likely dlc), I wouldn't mind seeing some old faces returning.

15 minutes ago, grin_fish said:

I would rather not see old characters return during the main game, but I do love the idea of the game having references to them in legends and such.Β  However, if there is an endgame(or more likely dlc), I wouldn't mind seeing some old faces returning.

I would like references as well. Anna can return but no one else. As much as I like Owain, Severa and Inigo, including them in Fates was a bit much.

15 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

The only people who makes sense to return are Anna, Jake and the Cipher Mascots (ESPECIALLY Alice, Valjean, and Niamh).

Okay, so I'm not that familiar with cipherΒ but when I checked Alice, Valjean and Niamh's pages, they all have Japanese voice actors listed and I'm unaware that those 3 appeared in any FE games. Does the cipher game have any digital materials which require voice acting? Or is the page just wrong lol

I would actually like Jake to returnΒ as well, but I really wonder if they would bring him back.Β Certain people might not like Anna havingΒ a canon pairing. Which is silly of course since Jake has been around longer than avatarsΒ and marriage.

Anna will most likely return and since Awakening and Fates introduced the multiverse thing I have no idea about anyone else because they can literally just make the Outrealms a thing to excuse any cameo these days.Β 

Edited by Jedi

7 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Okay, so I'm not that familiar with cipherΒ but when I checked Alice, Valjean and Niamh's pages, they all have Japanese voice actors listed and I'm unaware that those 3 appeared in any FE games. Does the cipher game have any digital materials which require voice acting? Or is the page just wrong lol

Perhaps "return" might be a misnomer. This is going to be their video game debut.

Somehow I feel like this game if very different to the others? Something about the feel of it. It doesn't even feel to me like the first entries do. So I don't think they could include past characters into this one.

And... I don't want to see past characters drawn in this new style, they would look so... weird.

Preferably no one, but Anna coming backΒ would be okayΒ with me, I guess. I'd rather just have each game separate unless there's a plot related reason to have them connect. I really dislikedΒ the awakening characters in Fates.

Guest Boatcat

A N N A

Also I’d love to see Jake return.Β 

For Amiibo, I’d like it to be like Grand Hero Battles in Heroes, when you tap the Amiibo, their battalion appears on the map and you can battle them. If you win, you recruit them.Β 

E. G. You tap a Celica Amiibo, her battalion appears on the map, maybe like in awakening, with a mercenary representing Saber, two mages representing Mae and Boey, a cleric representing Genny, etc. Celica gives some explanation involving outrealms, after the battle, she gives some postgame backstory, implying that the Amiibo units are from the postgame. Each character should have their own battle theme like in SoV too.

I’d hopeΒ that Amiibo would be represented by their latest incarnation, i.e. adult Tiki from post-Awakening, Ike post-Radiant Dawn, Marth post-Mystery if the Emblem.

hopefully, the Amiibo units can support each other and similar units, e.g. Ike and Byleth, Marth and DmitriΒ 

I'll join the crowd and say: "Just Anna" as far as story presence go. From pure gut feeling alone, I think that Anna will be in Three Houses, but not be a playable character.

Although, if the Amiibo are in there with zero story presence or relevance (ala Fates) I'd be happy. It wouldn't unnecessarily tie the worlds together, but it'd still allow you to play as old favorites if you want. I don't think it will happen though due to the sheer amount of Fire Emblem amiibo now; 8 comes to mind offhand, so that's a lot of new models and animations to make. If it's something like SoV I'd say don't bother: that was completely pointless in my opinion and a waste of time and effort as far as I'm concerned.

I'm fine with the Cipher OCs like in SoV though: they felt like their own unique character that belonged in the game in the first place. I liked them, and they didn't feel out of place to me.

I didn't mind too much the Awakening Trio in Fates personally, but I feel them being their own character instead would have made more sense (their mission didn't match how they acted in the main game). Proper distant sequels like Awakening works well (adult Tiki was awesome I thought) , but in Fates it felt super shoe-in so I'd rather no repeat of this if possible.

Β 

Edited by Ayra

• 2 weeks later...

The only return I can see making any sense at all is Anna and hopefully Jake. I was rather annoyed at the exclusion of Anna’s tradional boyfriend (fe7, Fe1, don’t remember if he returned in 3 but I think he did?, fe4 but you only see him with a substitute character forget whose sub though)

I get that they wanted her to be marriageable but the exclusion really rubbed be the wrong way.

Edited by iavasechui

I just want Anna and Jake.

Anna can be the closest thing to a Trickster again and since Jake was a Warrior in New Mystery, I guess he can be that?

2 hours ago, Fala said:

I just want Anna and Jake.

Anna can be the closest thing to a Trickster again and since Jake was a Warrior in New Mystery, I guess he can be that?

Jake, if I recall correctly, is traditionally a ballistician, and we have yet to see any evidence either way as to whether or not ballistician is returning. If it isn't, then yeah; warrior would be good. But, if it is, then I'd rather Jake be a ballistician.Β