Who will return?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll echo the people who say Anna and Jake. Jake has been missing for far too long, it's rather unfair, don't you think?

Would also like to see Xane, even a small, vague reference would be nice.

As for lords...let. Marth. Rest. I'm fine if he's only there due to amiibo or einherjar, but please don't go out of your way to shoehorn him in. Same with the other lords. Let Edelgard, Dmitri and Claude have their own spotlight.

Most likely: Another new Anna. Maybe a new Jake as well.

Characters like Ike, Marth, Chrom or Corrin could make an appearance due to amiibo functionality. 

As for other characters, I’d like to see this year’s CYL winners (Alm, Eliwood, Micaiah, Camilla) to get a cameo appearance in this game. 

Anna at best (Jake is the boyfriend of one Anna so in my opinion no).

I am totally fine with amiibo functionality, make it like Fire Emblem Heroes, heroes from other world summoned to lend a hand (using the mechanics of Fates, because they would be actually usefull).

Lore wise, I am totally fine with nods or references, maybe here is where X character trained his/her pupil and now a small band of adventurers keeps their legacy. Or a joke expression like "For Hector's beard" or similar.

As much as I love the Awakening trio as characters and development and maturity between games I hated that they were there (but truth be told the excuse IS used was pretty cool and I liked the idea that they stayed loyal to the people they served not the mission they were sent to because their orders weren't all that detailed). 

Ps: We don't talk about the Hoshidan reincarnation, that's stupid and contrived as heck.

Edited by Silafante

15 hours ago, Silafante said:

Really?

I thought that they were different people name Jake.

It's notable that the Jake in Genealogy refers to Linda's name as sounding familiar, a reference to Linde (who debuted in the same chapter as Jake), and the Jake of FE7, while dramatically different from the Shadow Dragon/New Mystery, does bear a resemblance to the NES portrait for Jake. Given that his Shadow Dragon and New Mystery endings also involve travelling to far-away continents with Anna, it's possible they were intended to be the one Jake and Anna. Mind it's equally possible it's not meant to be anything more than a reference like the re-use of the name Cid in most Final Fantasy games. Take your pick.

• 4 weeks later...

Anna and/or Jake would be fine, but pls not as recruitable characters. I'd say Anna should go back to being secret shop keeper, and Jake maybe as npc you need to rescue, just small roles. Amiibo should have a role as Einherjar or something similar. This is a new game with a new cast, let's give them the spotlight and not have old characters overshadow them. Please.

Is it bad that I don't even want Anna in this? I just don't really like her character all that much, and the whole "Legion of Anna's" thing they have going on is just so flipping weird too me. I know she is probably going to show up as the outrealm character at the very least, but just keep her there. I want an all original cast of characters to discover and form my own opinions on.

I think for base game, just leaving it to Anna would be nice.

But I would love for some DLC for the Cipher cast maybe, or the Awakening trio, stuff like that. Things that would be a tad out of place for the original game, but can be fun as fanservicey DLC for other playthroughs.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:26 AM, Tolvir said:

I think for base game, just leaving it to Anna would be nice.

But I would love for some DLC for the Cipher cast maybe, or the Awakening trio, stuff like that. Things that would be a tad out of place for the original game, but can be fun as fanservicey DLC for other playthroughs.

I've mentioned this before and I am gonna say this again.

There's no need for explanation on why the Cipher cast is there. They are just fourth wall breakers.

Special mention to Alice, Valjean and Niamh

Also Predictions:

Name - Strenghts 

• Anna - Faith, Bow/Sword/Fighting
  • Jake? - Bow, Axe
  • Emma - Flying
  • Shade - Reason
  • Randal - Riding
  • Yuzu - Sword, Fighting? (or a tossup in other melee weapon)
  • Alice - Faith
  • Valjean - Heavy Armor
  • Niamh (it's really hard indicate her "boundless chaos "attribute")- Reason, Sword

Anna and Jake are known for making cameo appearances so I could see those two somewhere in the game. 

Ike would make sense as well since he did travel to other continents after RD ended. 

Personally, I’d like to see this year’s CYL winners (Alm, Eliwood, Micaiah, Camilla) to make a cameo appearance in this game. 

I would say Naga or one of well known Divine Dragons, because despite some people claimed earlier that Fodlan is brand new setting, many currently design and setting makes it possible to me it's actually related to Archanea-Jugdral, like how Gaiden or Genealogy at first advertised as new worlds.

- Design and setting for Divine Dragons (Green hair, green eye, silver dragon, being worshiped as gods, manipulating times)

- Falchion looking sword

- Legend of ten ancient heroes and their decedents

Owain, Severa and Inigo will appear in Fodlan, will be the only characters that will be able to have children and then will leave to other universe to make more interdimensional babies while their Awakening spouses wait them in Ylisse 

Maybe Severa will be revealed as Byleth's mother 

3 hours ago, Mylady said:

Owain, Severa and Inigo will appear in Fodlan, will be the only characters that will be able to have children and then will leave to other universe to make more interdimensional babies while their Awakening spouses wait them in Ylisse 

Maybe Severa will be revealed as Byleth's mother 

No. Just no. I REALLY doubt they'd pull that AGAIN...