Possible canon classes for each character?

Guest FireEmblemAvaikening

4 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Maybe the chainsword has some sort of unique niche to it that will diversify Byleth but Idk

A side benefit of the (possible) way that weapon ranks work is that you shouldn't run into the Fates issue of Corrin reclassing into something that can't use Yato.

Unless this handicaps me too much and cannot be done without, I plan to play without class changing so canon classes for the characters would be appreciated. 

It's just a feature I've always much disliked in Fire Emblem. It makes no sense to me that an archer would suddently try out riding a wyvern or that an axe wielding fighter would suddenly try his hand at a little magic. 

I don't know, it kind of messes with my immersion into the story. 

"Budget" classes are coded into the game to encourage is to play to their strengths. Unless, serious players find a reason to do otherwise. (This kid needs a boost in speed, this kid needs a boost in bulk).

This revolutionary class system may spawn hilarious challenges (ie All Armor challenge).

6 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Unless this handicaps me too much and cannot be done without, I plan to play without class changing so canon classes for the characters would be appreciated. 

It's just a feature I've always much disliked in Fire Emblem. It makes no sense to me that an archer would suddently try out riding a wyvern or that an axe wielding fighter would suddenly try his hand at a little magic. 

I don't know, it kind of messes with my immersion into the story. 

It sort of makes sense in the environment that they're going for in Three Houses, with a military academy the students have the beginning of the game to test out their strengths and weaknesses just to see what they're good at and what they want to do when they're inevitably on the battlefield, and presuming that you'll need to level up weapon rank high enough to get to a base class I doubt you'll be able to swap between base and advanced classes at ease.