Bit of help with Thracia plz?

Lord Ice

Okay... so I have a rom of Thracia 776. I have the project exile patch. That's all fine and dandy. NOPE. I can't use Lunar IPS because SNES 9x doesn't allow patches. I know there's a way to use patches with SNES 9x, but I can't figure it out. Can somebody please help me?

I've had no problems running SNES9x with patches. The problem is probably that you are using the wrong ROM. First check the file extension on your Thracia ROM. Is it .sfc, or .smc? It should be a .sfc file. If it is, and it really isn't working you'll need to get this program here to tell if it is the right ROM:

(https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1002/) and check the ROM file. As it says in the Project Exile thread "Your ROM's CRC32 checksum should be equal to: FC519952". You might need to do some searching for the correct vanilla ROM.

But if you do have the correct vanilla ROM, you can try soft patching instead of hard patching. Basically you put the ips and the sfc file together in the same folder, and make sure that the two files are named the exact same thing.

Edited by Kilo
typo