Any worries?

Lord Ice

I dunno about you guys, but this game's noted mechanics and revolution around a school worry me. Do you guys agree at all. What are your concerns?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my concerns that carried over from the last games in the series. Gratuitous player worship and a cast/tone that reflects shameless anime trends. Not saying it has to be that, but there is definitely precedence.

Edit: Actually, there is one more thing. I'm concerned the game will be ugly. There are a number of things that don't impress me so far such as the lame generics and the cutscenes being so choppy. This is the first return to consoles since Radiant Dawn. I don't want them to half-ass it.

Edited by NekoKnight

I'm just worried they'll resort to cheap in your face degenerate otaku pandering like they did with fates because uh IS hasn't really proven they understand how fanservice works(or at least how to do it without sacrificing integrity and writing quality). I'm just saying. Other than that though I'm going to save my judgement for when I have the game cartridge in my switch.

40+ dollars of DLC advertised before the release of the game. And the inevitable defense of "hey, at least it's not costing more than the base game this time", but the only reason for that being the base game's price had increased from 40 to 60. 

Edited by Glennstavos

24 minutes ago, Maimishou said:

That they might get rid of Phoenix Mode is honestly my biggest worry.  That and Sothis not being a romance option. Otherwise, I can't say I'm worried at all.

I was gonna question why that was a bad thing and then I realised this was probably a joke so congrats you got so close to baiting me :P

Well, just the usual stuff. That the balancing will be bad, or the writing, about loads of dlc, potential controversy, etc.

At least I'm not worried it'll be delayed anymore. That's something. Oh and unique to this game(or at least, something that hasn't been a problem for a while) is that the visuals might just not be up to par, but frankly, I'm over it by this point. I just care because it might affect sales negatively.

I'm worried that they're going to limit the promotions for the Nobles, for example, if the game let's you focus Faith and Flying together at the same time, I really hope we'll be able to promote to a flying healer class.

-Big sigh-

I just... I don't wanna be a teacher...

There is this part in the trailer where you can see the options when giving a class, something about "tutoring", "group task", "set goals", and such, and there was nothing more stressing to me than when I saw that. Only "auto-tutor" didn't stressed me out.

That aside, I'm not really worried about the plot, because it has never been Fire Emblem's forte haha, so by default I don't expect anything more than "Okay". I don't mind getting a surprise, but don't really care all that much as long as the maps are well done, that's where most of the fun is for me. In that regard, I'm worried about there not being any beast units, but I guess I'll survive...

In the direct we saw some rocks and a bridge and... it almost looked like we were up in the sky.

But I think that was just things reflecting off of their water effects.

And if so, ouch.

That the "evil church" cliche will be in full effect. Despite been present in nearly every single Fire Emblem game, I always found this the least interesting part of the series from a story perspective. The fact that it's generally not done very well in most RPG's doesn't help ease my doubts.

The combat animations will be a step down from Shadows of Valentia.

They'll pull the same "they appear to be a one dimensional trope at first glance, but they're actually a three dimensional character" trick with this games cast as the did in Awakening (and maybe Fates). While it did make unlocking supports and learning about the characters more rewarding, considering that people still complain about the "gimmicks" the cast has, I'd rather history not repeat.

That they'll fall into the writing pitfalls that come about with inserting LGBT characters.

1 hour ago, Guest LSM said:

In the direct we saw some rocks and a bridge and... it almost looked like we were up in the sky.

But I think that was just things reflecting off of their water effects.

And if so, ouch.

Where was that, I'm intrigued  :/

Well, I'm not crazy about the over used school trope. However; I see what they were doing with it. It's an exposition set piece to give players a choice of which house to ally themselves with. I like the setup better than the one presented in Fates. I think training towards a class change rather than just selecting it from a list once you have a seal gives classes more meaning and changing said classes more rewarding for the characters who's class you want to change. 

19 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I was gonna question why that was a bad thing and then I realised this was probably a joke so congrats you got so close to baiting me :P

No, not  a joke. I used Phoenix Mode to play through Birthright and I would absolutely be upset if it wasn't in Three Houses. Likewise, Sothis is wife material and I'll be upset if I can't S rank her.

2 hours ago, Maimishou said:

No, not  a joke. I used Phoenix Mode to play through Birthright and I would absolutely be upset if it wasn't in Three Houses. Likewise, Sothis is wife material and I'll be upset if I can't S rank her.

Was Phoenix Mode popular? I'm sure it was as criticized as Casual Mode, but did a lot of people use it? If so, I believe it will come back in 3H, since IntSys created the mode in the first place because they realized a lot of people still had a very hard time with Casual Mode, and that it was necessary to give those fans, who really liked the series, the opportunity to play and enjoy it too ❤️. It would be terrible for those fans if they decide to go without it... and also for IntSys in terms of marketing.

I dunno. I know a lot of people don't like it but it was one of the reasons I picked up Birthright since I don't like the idea of permadeath and while Casual Mode is fine I still personally find losing out on units until the end of the battle offputting. I'll probably still get 3H if Phoenix Mode isn't in but I'd still rather have it than not.