What kind of FE Spinoffs do you want to see next?

Jedi

4 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

A Fire Emblem game where instead of the tactician, you are the strategist

Are those two the exact same thing?

Anyway, I don't want to see the FE franchise diluted with spin-off games.

11 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Are those two the exact same thing?

A strategist looks at the big picture, a tactician at the small one. The player can direct the army to the most efficient way of clearing a map, but they don't decide where the best place to fight is.

I wouldn't mind a rhythm game either. Honestly if FE were to do a bunch of spin offs they should probably take a page from atlus's book cause those types of spin offs are the only ones I can really see working and even then only kind of.

Edited by Ottservia

Always would have liked to see them do a FE spinoff doing a different type of RPG style like a turn based RPG for example while still while still keeping some of the series core mechanics like class changing/promotion and weapon durability. A 2D fighting game with just Fire Emblem characters would also be cool to see and unlike Smash we would hopefully get some non-lord fighters wielding other weapons besides swords.

17 hours ago, starburst said:

I have always been curious about Civilisation but have never actually tried it. This might be the perfect excuse.

I feel the same way. I know there are some mods for Civ IV that include FE inspired maps (Mangs is currently doing a series as well), but I'm not too adept with playing on a computer.

Seeing as how Civ V is on the Switch, a collaboration could potentially work. 

15 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

A strategist looks at the big picture, a tactician at the small one. The player can direct the army to the most efficient way of clearing a map, but they don't decide where the best place to fight is.

I wouldn't mind a grand-strategy Fire Emblem game. FE4 is the closest that comes to this, but it's really just an FE game with big maps and a larger timeframe.

It amazes me that there's so few FE spinoffs considering the series lends itself very well to so many genres. So far we only have TMS, FEW and FEH, all of which are great.

First things first we need TMS ported to Switch which will hopefully lead to TMS 2. Until Nintendo or Atlus confirm this is never happening, I'll remain hopeful.

I agree that I'd like to see a Sim/Civilization type of game. A game where you are the Governor of your Kingdom and you have to build towns and armies and send them to war.

On a more personal want, I really believe a Fire Emblem x Paper Mario crossover could work. The "Paper" style for the FE characters already exists thanks to Heroes, so it's not like the series wouldn't fit together because of art style.

Oh, and a Rhythm game. Hopefully Theathrhythm: Fire Emblem.

I say these with ranging amounts of seriousness, but I can legitimately see every single one of these working:

- A sequel to Shadows of Valentia. I've already gone into more detail elsewhere, but depending how many mechanics they add/change/expand upon from the original, I could see IS advertising it more as a spin-off than as the next entry in the series. Especially if it's more story/choice driven than usual.

- As other people have said, a 4X game and a fighting game. They could even have the campaigns for the previous games, in a similar vein to how some Civilization games allow you to play through World War 2 and the American Revolution and the like.

- A combination of Fire Emblem's tactical formula and an action game. What I mean by this is that you position and equip units like in Fire Emblem, but the actual combat is in the players hands. YOU have to responsible for hitting, dodging, using skills, combo attacks etc. There would have to be several deviations from the norm to make this possible and fun, but it could be a different way of playing Fire Emblem while still keeping the feeling of being one. Besides, it's about time that Marths Smash Brothers moves make it into the series proper.

- A Fire Emblem Heroes and Blustone crossover, which again I've mentioned elsewhere. They both use the "Chibi look for gameplay, detailed artwork elsewhere" style, several Blustone characters could bring unique combinations to Fire Emblem Heroes, and several Fire Emblem characters could benefit from interacting with a different cast.

- A Fire Emblem Olympics game. Don't know if it would have a huge or small cast, but it would be hilariously entertaining to see anyway.

- A game set after Awakening where you have to be responsible for rebuilding a Taguel warren while fending off bandit attacks, handling diplomacy, and creating a culture from the ground up. The gameplay would be a combination of base building and mining games, Fire Emblem, and King of Dragon Pass. Lorewise, we'd get more about the taguel and the world of Awakening, which were pretty lackluster in the game itself.

- An adventure game in the vein of Kings Quest, Space Quest, and the like. I'd personally prefer for it to be about Laruent, just so we get more details of what he did with 5 years to himself along with more worldbuilding for Awakening, but it could really be about any Fire Emblem character that isn't primarily a fighter and has a potential story to tell outside of the game they appear in. It doesn't even need to be a character from a past game; they could tell an entertaining tale about a random villager or noble trying to complete some grand deed either in the middle or end of a war that the player will recognize from a different game.

- Anyone remember the Slush invaders game? Where you launch a bad guy into the air and keep him aloft with a large cast of stick figure fighters? Same thing but with Fire Emblems cast.

2 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

- A game set after Awakening where you have to be responsible for rebuilding a Taguel warren while fending off bandit attacks, handling diplomacy, and creating a culture from the ground up. The gameplay would be a combination of base building and mining games, Fire Emblem, and King of Dragon Pass. Lorewise, we'd get more about the taguel and the world of Awakening, which were pretty lackluster in the game itself.

So cute! I would love this! 

40 minutes ago, Edelgard for Smash said:

Especially Soul Calibur.

That would be awesome.

The only problem would be deciding who gets into the games.

As long as it includes from across the entire series instead of only just Awakening and Fates we should be good.

Ok guys... I'm just coming in near the entrance, ready to skedaddle in case one of you attempts to shoot me for suggesting this. 

But how about- and I'm just spitballin' here- How about a fire emblem Battle Royal game!? 

Four to five teams placed on a map,

Forests that hides a unit's location which makes it ideal for ambushes,

rng god decency for some good level ups, 

720 Degree spinning tickshots as a personal ability (2 percent hit chance. 100 percent crit)

And OF COURSE, the rapidly enclosing safe zone that saps unit's health turn per turn and forces interaction between enemies in the final moments. 

There could even be micro tasks or abilities as you're waiting for the other players' turns. 

On 2/25/2019 at 7:00 PM, Jave said:

First things first we need TMS ported to Switch which will hopefully lead to TMS 2. Until Nintendo or Atlus confirm this is never happening, I'll remain hopeful.

I agree that I'd like to see a Sim/Civilization type of game. A game where you are the Governor of your Kingdom and you have to build towns and armies and send them to war.

Yes please! As long as we get more mirages besides Arcanea and Awakening.

On 2/25/2019 at 2:11 AM, bethany81707 said:

On 2/25/2019 at 4:34 PM, Dandy Druid said:

I feel the same way. I know there are some mods for Civ IV that include FE inspired maps (Mangs is currently doing a series as well), but I'm not too adept with playing on a computer.

Seeing as how Civ V is on the Switch, a collaboration could potentially work. 

I do wonder how it would work with the different FE verses, but otherwise, I agree, I'd back for a worldbuilding-heavy game like Civ 5. Especially for Jugdral, each chapter from the original game could be translated to specific FE scenarios. Optional employment of Pokemon to make this a triple crossover.

As long as this version doesn't have anything migrane-inducing logically (I'm looking at you, Smash Brothers and your resident damsel scrappy.) I'll be happy.

Edited by henrymidfields

It would be fun if Heroes would add a tower defense game (they do that rhythm game, why not add others), placing your units on a map, having them fire away on an opposing army that walks over a set path.

I've also played the FE civ (5?) mods, I loved playing as Elincia for Crimea and building up her country, fighting off the invading forces of Nohr, trying to not have Begnion's culture or religion take over, or finding the Taguel warren that was always well hidden on huge maps. An official Fire Emblem expansion for Civilisation would be epic. (also other mods like roaming wolf packs work nice with the setting too, would recommend)