Create-A-Broken-Skill: How Far Can You Push It?

MilodicMellodi

I know there's already a Create-A-Skill topic. However, my idea for this one is to see how far everyone can push effects without completely derailing the game. With all these different and powerful effects we keep getting, it makes one wonder just how powerful one character could get.
You can even use FE characters (or make your own characters, that'd probably be easier) to flesh out your skill or skills. As long as you make the skill(s).

EDIT: This topic was not created in mind as a replacement for the default Create-a-Skill topic, but rather as a place where you can put your more "unbalanced" ideas. Ideas that wouldn't really be accepted or taken seriously by the general populace because "oh yeah that's never going in the game, what a waste of effort".
You can never make great ideas without pushing the boundaries of what is possible. This topic was made with that in mind. Now, if you want to make skills with a completely balanced mindset, please take those to the default Create-a-Skill topic. For the skills bordering on game-breaking or at least game-bending, though, this is a place that wholeheartedly accepts and adores them.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I created some skills for Arlen when I was bored, not sure how powerful it is though

Arlen, Infantry Blue Mage

Weapon Skill: Arlen's Thoron. At the start of the combat, if unit's spd is higher than foe's spd by at least 3, foe suffers atk/res -4.

Special Skill: {no name yet}. 3 turns cooldown. Add 50% of total bonus on unit to damage. 

B Skill: Aries Shard (it boosts Luck in New Mystery). On odd turn, before entering combat with foe, unit's special cooldown -1. 

Edited by MagicCanonBalls

A Skill:  Last Stance
If units HP < 5% grants +30 Defense in combat and Special Cooldown Charge -1 on foe.

A skill: Inner Stance
If units HP < 5% grants +30 Resistance in combat and Special Cooldown Charge -1 on foe.

A skill: Last Dual Stance
If units HP < 5% grants +30 Defense and Resistance in combat.

B skill: Lucky 7.

In Turn 7 unit gets 7 to atk,spd,def,res in combat. (for me it looks like a last effort for AR), if special triggers +7 attack, after combat recovers 7 HP.

Just looking at brother Seliph. Maybe these can be pushed even a little more. 

Edited by Stroud

A Passive: Dracoshield

Grants Def/Res +13, Spd -5. After combat, unit recovers 6 HP.

C Passive: Mimicry

At the start of turn, unit copies the highest buffs to Atk/Spd/Def/Res granted by skills such as Rally, Hone, etc. on the enemy team and applies them to unit and allies within 2 spaces. Each stat is calculated separately.

Weapon: Black Dragon King Breath: (Beast) 14 Mt, 1 Range.

Slows Special trigger (cooldown count +1). Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. Neutralizes "effective against" bonuses against this unit.

At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). If unit transforms, grants Atk +2, and if foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 during combat and neutralizes effects that prevent unit from counterattacking.

Special: Ire: 3 cooldown.

Boosts damage by 40% of unit's Atk. Deals 7 damage to all foes after combat. (Damage occurs even if unit's HP reaches 0.)

Passive A: Mantle:

During combat, boosts unit's Def/Res by number of allies within 2 spaces × 3. (No maximum bonus.) At the start of every second turn, restores 10 HP.

Weapon: Judge: (Blue Tome) 14 Mt, unlimited range.

Atk +4. During combat, unit's Atk decreased by distance from foe × 2. If attacking from 3 range or higher, neutralizes foe's skills that allow counterattack regardless of range. Unit cannot make a follow-up attack. Disables unit's skills that guarantee unit's follow-up attack.

Unit's movement is reduced to 0 spaces. (Cannot be increased by any means.) Unit cannot be moved by skills.

Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on unit and foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

Weapon: Aurora: (???) 0 Mt, ??? Range.

Unit cannot attack or counterattack. In combat, if unit is damaged by foe's attack and the attack does not cause unit's HP to reach 0, foe immediately takes an equal amount of damage. (Does not count as an attack.)

Unit's movement is reduced to 0 spaces. (Cannot be increased by any means.) Unit cannot be moved by skills.

So I heard you like walls of text.

Ashera will have Mantle and 8 Auroras surrounding her.

So I came up with this little idea of Dark skills. Each skill is more powerful than similar skills of the same tier, and adds an additional effect as well, but in return the user has reduced Max HP relative to the skill. Here's a few examples of how I'd want it to be:

Dark Death Blow 1/2/3/4: Max HP-8. Grants Atk+3/6/9/12 if unit initiates combat. Neutralizes foe's Def/Res bonuses (from skills like Fortify/Rally/etc.) during combat.
Dark Renewal 1/2/3: Max HP-5. At the start of every fourth/third/second turn, restores 15 HP and neutralizes unit's penalties (from skills like Panic, Threaten, etc.) and negative status effects (preventing counterattacks, restricting movement, etc.) that last through unit's next action.
Dark Close Counter: Max HP-10. Enables unit to counterattack regardless of distance to attacker. Neutralizes foe's skills that prevent unit's follow-up attack if unit is attacked.

Each one has their own new effect, with a drawback that is based on the effects. Dark Renewal only has -5 HP because it's a skill that would go on a less offensive unit (like a healer). The self-Restore effect gives the unit a lot more survivablility, despite the HP reduction. Dark Close Counter has a whopping -10 HP because it's a skill that is meant to be used on beefy units (typically armored units). The Enemy Phase opponent-only Null Follow-Up effect allows for the unit to ignore Breaker skills, letting skills like Quick Riposte go off without any problems. Dark Death Blow has -8 HP, between the two, because while it's an offensive skill it's also meant to be used on Glass Cannon-type units (especially those who have low or high Atk, like Fir or Raven respectively). Its defensive bonus-neutralizing effect allows the unit to deal more damage than normal, while also not taking away the opponent's Atk/Spd bonuses during combat (allowing them to counterattack against the unit, which gives the Blow a level of risk due to the HP reduction).

Edited by MilodicMellodi

9 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Dark Death Blow 1/2/3/4: Max HP-8. Grants Atk+3/6/9/12 if unit initiates combat. Neutralizes foe's Def/Res bonuses (from skills like Fortify/Rally/etc.) during combat.

which gives the Blow a level of risk due to the HP reduction

That HP-8 is rather huge upgrade rather than a downgrade. Brave units do not care about bulk, since they are generally not meant to be hit, and in the players' hands, that HP-8 makes it easier for the player to get into Desperation-Brash Assault range by letting a foe of the weaker color hit the Brave unit.

Dark Renewal only has -5 HP because it's a skill that would go on a less offensive unit (like a healer). The self-Restore effect gives the unit a lot more survivablility, despite the HP reduction.

It gives a unit more sustainability, but it reduces survivability. Any unit with HP-5 would do quite worse in combat and would not survive as much stuff. It is generally more efficient to offload sustainability to another unit (healers, Eir, combat medics/HP batteries, etc.) rather than putting sustainability skills on combat units.

11 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

but in return the user has reduced Max HP relative to the skill.

Reduced HP is typically a good thing for many player-phase units since it makes it easier to activate skills with an HP threshold.

In particular, it's particularly helpful for merged units that have a harder time activating those skills due to the inability to have an HP Flaw and the +4 boost from merges.

For example, prior to the merge update, Celica was capable of having 39 HP at +10 merge by having an HP Flaw, making it possible to activate Desperation using anything that dealt 10 damage to her (Ardent Sacrifice, splash from Pain+, Lv. 1 Bolt Trap, etc.). After the merge update, the lowest you can get Celica's max HP is 43 at +10 merge, making it impossible to activate Desperation without taking at least 11 damage.

Edited by Ice Dragon

On 2/24/2019 at 11:25 PM, Stroud said:

A Skill:  Last Stance
If units HP < 5% grants +30 Defense in combat and Special Cooldown Charge -1 on foe.

A skill: Inner Stance
If units HP < 5% grants +30 Resistance in combat and Special Cooldown Charge -1 on foe.

A skill: Last Dual Stance
If units HP < 5% grants +30 Defense and Resistance in combat.

B skill: Lucky 7.

In Turn 7 unit gets 7 to atk,spd,def,res in combat. (for me it looks like a last effort for AR), if special triggers +7 attack, after combat recovers 7 HP.

Just looking at brother Seliph. Maybe these can be pushed even a little more. 

Considering most units have around 40hp, 5% is basically 2HP. It'd make more sense if it was just under 5hp or flat out 1hp. Trying to get such a small percentage of a small number doesn't really work in ant practical way.

Assist Series: Repo. (Fire/Wind/Earth/Water/Spectrum) Affinity (Repo. Wind Affinity, for instance)

Moves target unit to opposite side of user. Grants (Atk/Spd/Def/Res) +6 to target and user, and inflicts (Atk/Spd/Def/Res) -7 on foes in cardinal directions centered on both user and target unitfor 1 turn.

...yes it's basically putting a Link and Feint skill into Reposition. Sue me, Reposition is good.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Assist Series: Repo. (Fire/Wind/Earth/Water/Spectrum) Affinity (Repo. Wind Affinity, for instance)

Moves target unit to opposite side of user. Grants (Atk/Spd/Def/Res) +6 to target and user, and inflicts (Atk/Spd/Def/Res) -7 on foes in cardinal directions centered on both user and target unitfor 1 turn.

...yes it's basically putting a Link and Feint skill into Reposition. Sue me, Reposition is good.

Imagine using Bonus Doubler with that. The user'd gain +12 (6x2), and inflict -7, of their stat.
I'm just imagining a Bridelia using Fire Reposition and having a Legendary!Azura on their team. She'd gain +12 all during combat, and despite her paper-thin defenses she'd actually have a safe time against her opponents XD

Not judging your idea, just randomly thinking of stuff. I'm still theorycrafting Bonus Doubler kits.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Considering most units have around 40hp, 5% is basically 2HP. It'd make more sense if it was just under 5hp or flat out 1hp. Trying to get such a small percentage of a small number doesn't really work in ant practical way.

dang, yeah this makes no sense. xD I think 1HP is ok, the other threshold would be <= 8 Hp, so it could work with mystic boost. I don't think different options make much sense and we cannot get to high. 

I'm going to try creating tier 4 skills:

• Bracing Blow 3: Grants Def/Res +6 during combat if unit initiates combat.And inflicts Special cooldown charge-1 on foe per attack
  • Sorcery Blade 4: At start of combat, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.
  • Steady Blow 3: If unit initiates combat, unit granted Spd+4, Def+10  during battle. If unit’s Spd - foe’s Spd ≥ 1, unit gains Special cooldown charge +1 per attack.
  • Swift Strike 3: If unit initiates combat, unit granted Spd+4, Res+10 during battle. Grants Special cooldown charge +1 per attack.
  • Armored Blow 4: Grants Def+8 during combat if unit initiates the attack.  If unit initiates combat against a foe that can counter and unit's HP ≤ 70%, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack.
  • Vantage 4: Unit counterattacks first when attacked at HP ≤ 80% If Special triggers before or during combat, grants Special cooldown count-1 after combat.
Edited by Jingle Jangle

Charge - A skill: If extending unit's movement range by 1 (does stack with visible movement buffs, movement restrictions still apply), would allow unit to engage in combat with an enemy, unit may do so. If combat is initiated this way, grants atk +4, special trigger charge +1 per unit's attacks, and enemy cannot make a follow-up attack. Restrictions: Cav, Infantry, and Flier only; melee only.

Shield Wall - C skill: If unit is in a straight line formation with two or more other armor allies adjacent (allies may be adjacent to each other rather than unit; one must be adjacent to unit), unit and adjacent allies gain the following effect: If foe initiates combat, damage from first attack is reduced by 30% (does stack), opponent may not make a follow-up attack, and inflict special cooldown -1 on opponent (does not stack, only highest value is applied). Restrictions: Armors only.

Horseshoes - B skill: Move +1 when HP >= 75%, allows unit to move through trench terrain uninhibited, and allows unit to move through forest terrain at the cost of 3 points of movement. Restrictions: Cav only.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Shield Wall - C skill: If unit is in a straight line formation with two or more other armor allies adjacent (allies may be adjacent to each other rather than unit; one must be adjacent to unit), unit and adjacent allies gain the following effect: If foe initiates combat, damage from first attack is reduced by 30% (does stack), opponent may not make a follow-up attack, and inflict special cooldown -1 on opponent (does not stack, only highest value is applied). Restrictions: Armors only.

This seems virtually unbeatable.

53 minutes ago, Jotari said:

This seems virtually unbeatable.

So the primary thing to keep in mind is that it's essentially a deflect, meaning it's post-defense damage and will never completely negate damage. Granted 1 damage is essentially 0. It's also only active on EP, so you can still bait them and dodge all those effects, though that does leave Bold Fighter. It also does require fairly specific positioning. Don't get me wrong, I tried to make it busted, since that is the topic, but I don't think it's impossible to break through if you plan appropriately unlike me.

Oh, right, since it's basically a deflect, it's also multiplicative, so the first one does 30%, second 21%, etc. You'd end up with a max of 75% decrease.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

So the primary thing to keep in mind is that it's essentially a deflect, meaning it's post-defense damage and will never completely negate damage. Granted 1 damage is essentially 0. It's also only active on EP, so you can still bait them and dodge all those effects, though that does leave Bold Fighter. It also does require fairly specific positioning. Don't get me wrong, I tried to make it busted, since that is the topic, but I don't think it's impossible to break through if you plan appropriately unlike me.

Oh, right, since it's basically a deflect, it's also multiplicative, so the first one does 30%, second 21%, etc. You'd end up with a max of 75% decrease.

I'm thinking more how the player could solve basically any map by putting three armours with distant counter together. The AI would mess it up by breaking formation. Although now that I think about it, it would give some super valuable use to the Drag and Push Back skills. Although from player side they could easily be worked around using Terrain.

Edited by Jotari

Null Shapeshifter 3: "Prevent foes within 2 spaces to transform. At start of turn, reverts all foe's transformation within 2 spaces. If unit's HP ≥ 50% and initiates combat against a dragon or beast foe, unit cannot counterattack"

@MilodicMellodi I liked your Dark Skills. Dark Death Blow is a stronger Death Blow with Dull Def/Res effect, which is great. However, I would change Dark Close Counter effect...

Before:
Dark Close Counter
: Max HP-10. Enables unit to counterattack regardless of distance to attacker. Neutralizes foe's skills that prevent unit's follow-up attack if unit is attacked.

After:
Dark Close Counter
: Max HP-10. Enables unit to counterattack regardless of distance to attacker. Neutralizes status effects and disables skills that prevent counterattacks during combat when this unit is attacked.

@Jingle Jangle Vantage 4 could have Null C-Disrupt instead of Special Spiral.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

B Passive: Crimson Arrow of The Emblem

If units HP is less than 75%, unit makes an automatic follow-up attack and initiates follow-up attack before foe can counterattack on both phases. If foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack before foe's first attack.

It's basically Desperation, Vantage, and Brash Assault/Quick Riposte all in the same skill, referencing the red arrow present in all 4 skills icons. I'd probably have tried to find a way to work Siegmund's Refine effect in, but it's just Brash Assault with a different HP trigger, so it doesn't need referencing.

Since this is a Create-a-Broken-Skill Topic, I will share two of my creations that I posted a couple of months ago in the Create-a-Skill topic:

• Punishful Staff (Mt 12 - Rng 2): "After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Foe's damage calculates as the foe is a staff unit".
    Basically, after combat, the enemy team will be inflicted by a "unwrathful staff effect", which means the foe damage will be reduce by 50%. The foes effected by this effect will have the damage calculations as the foe was a staff unit. I put this effect on a inheritable weapon, but it could be on a exclusive weapon.

• Insult to injury (C-Skill)"After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "inflict penalty to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current penalty on each of unit's stats. Calculates each stat penalty independently".
    Example: If foe has Atk-7 from Chill Atk 3, this foe will also have Atk-7 during combat. Basically a Penalty Doubler, but in smoke form.
Edited by Diovani Bressan

Strip Atk/Spd 1/2/3
C Passive
Effect: If unit's Atk/Spd > unit's original Atk/Spd before combat, inflicts debuff to Atk/Spd on foe equal to the difference after combat through its next action. Calculates each stat debuff independently.
In Detail: Essentially, it's a Smoke skill that's based on the unit's bonuses. If the unit has Atk/Spd +6 (like with Atk/Spd Link 3), they'd inflict Atk/Spd -6 on the foe after combat. If Hone Atk 4 was involved, it'd be Atk/Spd -7/-6.

Edit: changed ≥ to >, thanks Jotari.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Strip Atk/Spd 1/2/3
C Passive
Effect: If unit's Atk/Spd (is greater than or equal to) unit's original Atk before combat, inflicts debuff to Atk on foe equal to the difference after combat through its next action. Calculates each stat debuff independently.
In Detail: Essentially, it's a Smoke skill that's based on the unit's bonuses. If the unit has Atk/Spd +6 (like with Atk/Spd Link 3), they'd inflict Atk/Spd -6 on the foe after combat. If Hone Atk 4 was involved, it'd be Atk/Spd -7/-6.

Considering it would do nothing if the stats were equal, having that equal there is redundant. Nitpicky, I know.

Going Critical!

Seal - Enemy Only

If enemy initiates combat and unit is defeated, reduces HP of all enemies within 3 spaces to 1.

Basically intended as a "Screw You" in LHBs on enemies that are usually killed ASAP. You have to Enemy-Phase them if you don't want to eat HP-to-1 for the entire team.

Glacier Break

B Slot

Treats enemy Def/Res as if they were (60-Def/Res).

Inverts enemy defensive stats. Counters guys like Surts/Duma/Idunn, but has problems against glass cannons.

Also, i had problems naming those skills