Jump to content
Chopper...

About the blonde lady (No, not the queen!)

Recommended Posts

Okay, this is very far fetched! but, you know, we have to wait until the end of July for the game, so we have to do something to pass the time.

Hence I've been wondering who or what this lady here might be:

https://imgur.com/5LlF7Dy

https://imgur.com/8hSFQy0

And it occurred to me she could be Claude's sister or mother or something along the line, based mostly on the fact they are –so far– the only characters shown with a light brown skin tone (and I bet they'll be the only ones too, since this is a Japanese game). There's also something about her style that kind of reminds me of Claude.

If it wasn't a Japanese game I wouldn't think much of it, and it's true that Flavia and Basilio from Awakening aren't related but they're both from Regna Ferox.

Anyway, if she really was related to Claude, it would be kind of cool because it would imply the three characters (Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude) will have like their own stories to tell in-depth, which is currently something I don't expect them to do more than a little. But, I don't know, maybe choosing a house really centers the story on the leader of said house.

What do you think?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's giving me very Flavia vibes and she could easily by a relation of Claude's jumping in to save him, but I heard another interesting idea from around. Imagine she is the strongest warrior of the church, asked to wield the sword which Seiros is holding the mural(It may be the sword that Byleth eventually gets his hands on but hey it may be the same thing), to strike down the emessary of Sothis, Byleth who is treated as some sort of a demon by the Chruch of Seiros. Idk I just thought it was an interesting possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually thought about the possibility of being able to recruit the students' parents (instead of getting child units), although I don't see how they would tie it to a support system between students/teachers/Byleth, so I guess it'd be more like standard unit recruitment. Maybe later into the game when the school encounters conflict, the parents from the three different regions send for their children to return and those could be Paralogues?

But having the parents of the students playable is something I'd definitely like to see; great way to get a deeper look into a lot of things, namely the students themselves, the regions they come from etc.

Like if student A acts like so and so, it could be because their parents are like so and so, or maybe they don't have parents; could be used to trigger mini character arcs or something. I'm excited to see how they handle it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

She's giving me very Flavia vibes and she could easily by a relation of Claude's jumping in to save him, but I heard another interesting idea from around. Imagine she is the strongest warrior of the church, asked to wield the sword which Seiros is holding the mural(It may be the sword that Byleth eventually gets his hands on but hey it may be the same thing), to strike down the emessary of Sothis, Byleth who is treated as some sort of a demon by the Chruch of Seiros. Idk I just thought it was an interesting possibility.

Interesting indeed :O that would be so dramatic if you take everything into consideration. And I like drama :P:

1 hour ago, SorrowOfAcheron said:

I actually thought about the possibility of being able to recruit the students' parents (instead of getting child units), although I don't see how they would tie it to a support system between students/teachers/Byleth, so I guess it'd be more like standard unit recruitment. Maybe later into the game when the school encounters conflict, the parents from the three different regions send for their children to return and those could be Paralogues?

But having the parents of the students playable is something I'd definitely like to see; great way to get a deeper look into a lot of things, namely the students themselves, the regions they come from etc.

Like if student A acts like so and so, it could be because their parents are like so and so, or maybe they don't have parents; could be used to trigger mini character arcs or something. I'm excited to see how they handle it :D

Ohh, I hadn't thought of the possibility of recruiting the parents! But you're right, it would be such an awesome idea! Also, it's been done before so it's definitely possible. And as for the last part of what you said, that is exactly what I meant :lol: ! It would be great if, after choosing a house, we got to meet and interact with the family of the leader of the chosen house, and get to know their beliefs and actions, and such. It would also make much more sense as to why we have to choose between the three houses instead of just picking the units we want out of the rooster, because it would be to flesh out not just the character but the people who rule the chosen nation and the nation in itself without changing the overall plot of the game, like Fates did.

Edited by Chopper...
Grammar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given her sword, as best we can make out, kind of looks like the one we see in the Goddess Mural I'm wondering if she's maybe an agent if the Church. Kind of like the right hand of the High Priestess and defender of the church kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Enduin said:

Given her sword, as best we can make out, kind of looks like the one we see in the Goddess Mural

Yeah, I thought that it looked like the one Seiros is holding in the mural. So my theory is that she's a Holy Knight of some kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enduin said:

Given her sword, as best we can make out, kind of looks like the one we see in the Goddess Mural I'm wondering if she's maybe an agent if the Church. Kind of like the right hand of the High Priestess and defender of the church kind of thing.

Yeah, I'm thinking she'll be the leader of the Knights of Seiros. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an Eastern Church on the map of Fodlan, located east-northeast of Leicester.  I agree that the clothes she's wearing look pretty similar to the knights of Seiros, so I think it's possible that she's a relative of Claude's who now holds an important position in the Eastern Church who you might interact more with if you choose his route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be that she's from the same region as Claude.  Leicester sounds like a fairly large place, if there's a bunch of nobles looking over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Xandest said:

There's an Eastern Church on the map of Fodlan, located east-northeast of Leicester.  I agree that the clothes she's wearing look pretty similar to the knights of Seiros, so I think it's possible that she's a relative of Claude's who now holds an important position in the Eastern Church who you might interact more with if you choose his route.

That's what I was thinking, since she looks like she's important to the general plot, at least in the trailer.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Could be that she's from the same region as Claude.  Leicester sounds like a fairly large place, if there's a bunch of nobles looking over it.

That too! I guess I just find it a little strange that they have that very exact light brown tone instead of one being darker or something, but it really doesn't have to mean much :P: it's truly just a far fetched theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Maybe she's an graduate from the academy and got promoted several times? 

Well, since it's a military academy we have here, I believe everyone who is a soldier in this game has graduated from it. The fact that the heirs of each of the three countries, along with their subjects, travel all the way to this academy instead of just training and graduating in their own countries implies as much.

That being said, she does appear to have been promoted to an important position among them all. I just hope she doesn't die early on and we get to have her as a unit eventually :>_<:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chopper... said:

That too! I guess I just find it a little strange that they have that very exact light brown tone instead of one being darker or something, but it really doesn't have to mean much :P: it's truly just a far fetched theory.

Not necessarily(or I don't think so at least), but considering we have one darker skinned student per house currently(Petra, big axe guy, and Claude), as well as a bunch of normal skinned students within the Golden Deer, I don't know that we can establish it's something from Leicester at this point.

Edited by Cysx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure about her being related to Claude. Her outfit consists of red and white, which I believe to be the colors of the church. She may be the "Camus" of this game.

I think it's too early to assume her origins as well. Leicester isn't the only country to feature tanned characters. Faerghus also has a tanned character. Seeing as how the West Church is located in Faerghus, my guess is that she may be associated with him instead of Claude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chopper... said:

Well, since it's a military academy we have here, I believe everyone who is a soldier in this game has graduated from it. The fact that the heirs of each of the three countries, along with their subjects, travel all the way to this academy instead of just training and graduating in their own countries implies as much.

That being said, she does appear to have been promoted to an important position among them all. I just hope she doesn't die early on and we get to have her as a unit eventually :>_<:

 

Well, don't forget that there's also a few other countries at the edges of the map; so we can't rule her out as an enemy.

Plus, there's also the possibility of her just being an recurring turncoat like Fernard.  

 

Edited by Armchair General

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Not necessarily(or I don't think so at least), but considering we have one darker skinned student per house currently(Petra, big axe guy, and Claude), as well as a bunch of normal skinned students within the Golden Deer, I don't know that we can establish it's something from Leicester at this point.

Petra is not brown skinned, though. She looks just slightly tanned to me, compared to Edelgard who's paper white.

3 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm not sure about her being related to Claude. Her outfit consists of red and white, which I believe to be the colors of the church. She may be the "Camus" of this game.

I think it's too early to assume her origins as well. Leicester isn't the only country to feature tanned characters. Faerghus also has a tanned character. Seeing as how the West Church is located in Faerghus, my guess is that she may be associated with him instead of Claude.

I totally forgot about that guy. Anyway, it's just a theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chopper... said:

Petra is not brown skinned, though. She looks just slightly tanned to me, compared to Edelgard who's paper white.

That's true. I just make the distinction because it's not just Edelgard; outside of these three, everyone is paper white, and almost the exact same shade at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Boatcat
5 hours ago, Armchair General said:

there's also the possibility of her just being an recurring turncoat like Fernard.  

 

That’d be a cool plot element, I really liked Fernand in SoV, and it would be cool to see this characters dynamic with, perhaps, the other nobles of Leicester or the royal family of Faerghus, like Fernand has with the deliverance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...