Geoffrey Vs. Renning (Duel)

Erick

11 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

My personal headcanon is that Ike, not knowing what was going on, accidently got himself involved in the duel and beat them both. 

Is it bad that I'd actually love this? lol

Geoffrey's normal endings has him being the captain of the Royal Knights and Renning's has him avoiding the limelight such a position would hold, so that kinda implies Geoffrey won.

Spoiler

Protector of the Realm – Geoffrey

As captain of the Royal Knights and a model of chivalry, Geoffrey served his queen and country all his days.

Grim Cavalier – Renning

All Crimea rejoiced at Renning’s return. He chose to forego the limelight, helping the queen to keep the peace.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Geoffrey's normal endings has him being the captain of the Royal Knights and Renning's has him avoiding the limelight such a position would hold, so that kinda implies Geoffrey won.

Hide contents

Protector of the Realm – Geoffrey

As captain of the Royal Knights and a model of chivalry, Geoffrey served his queen and country all his days.

Grim Cavalier – Renning

All Crimea rejoiced at Renning’s return. He chose to forego the limelight, helping the queen to keep the peace.

I see. Thank you.

Why would "foregoing the limelight" mean Renning lost? I don't see any indication in those words. Besides, as I said, Renning is far more seasoned and is more of a veteran. Geoffrey should be strong in his own right and put up a fight, but in the end, I just can't see Renning's veteran status letting him down.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Why would "foregoing the limelight" mean Renning lost? I don't see any indication in those words. Besides, as I said, Renning is far more seasoned and is more of a veteran. Geoffrey should be strong in his own right and put up a fight, but in the end, I just can't see Renning's veteran status letting him down.

Geoffrey makes it sounds like this duel will decide who will be the head of the Royal Knights, and Renning foregoing the limelight makes it clear that he didn't become the head of the Royal Knights in the end. Geoffrey's ending is the stronger evidence for this, but Renning's ending supports this conclusion. Additionally Renning having his mind broken for the previous three years (and being presumably imprisoned/restrained for a significant portion of that time) with days at most to recover, would leave him at a severe disadvantage. That being said I chose the word implied for a reason as there is plenty of wiggle room for interpretation, for example Rennings could have easily given the position back to Geoffrey after the crisis ended to retire in obscurity (despite winning).

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
typo

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Geoffrey makes it sounds like this duel will decide who will be the head of the Royal Knights, and Renning foregoing the limelight makes it clear that he didn't become the head of the Royal Knights in the end. Geoffrey's ending is the stronger evidence for this, but Renning's ending supports this conclusion. Additionally Renning having his mind broken for the previous three years (and being presumably imprisoned/restrained for a significant portion of that time) with days at most to recover, would leave him at a severe disadvantage. That being said I chose the word implied for a reason as there is plenty of wiggle room for interpretation, for example Rennings could have easily given the position back to Geoffrey after the crisis ended to retire in obscurity (despite winning).

Sure didn't stop Renning from immediately joining the fight in Part 4 Endgame though... But yeah, interpretation and all, I guess.