Von Ithipathachai

if it's utility, then in the top 10 there could probably be:

- Tiki, due to Manaketes being utterly broken. she can fly too;

- Bantu, due to Manaketes being utterly broken;

- Ogma, wich is basicly the most powerful warrior in game;

- Navarre, wich is another top swordmaster;

- Minerva, strongest flying unit in game;

- Cain, best mounted unit after promotion;

- Xane, simply because he can mimic other units, and having 2 Ogmas is overkill;

- Jeorge, best archer in game;

- Merric, best mage in game, even better after promotion;

- Marth, due to Rapiers being the bane of armored and mounted units, plus Falchion being the bane of dragons.

the order above is random though, since in the end it always depends on the situation and playstyle.

Linde, Caeda, Astram and Draug can be useful as well in their own way.

6 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

Linde, Caeda, Astram and Draug can be useful as well in their own way.

Keep in mind that this is for the original NES game, where Knights can't promote and Defense growths are generally really low.

If this was FE11, I'd have put him a little higher.

52 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Keep in mind that this is for the original NES game, where Knights can't promote and Defense growths are generally really low.

If this was FE11, I'd have put him a little higher.

to be honest, FE 1, 3 and 11 kind of made promotion gains a secondary factor due to stats boosting items.

even Marth couldn't promote, and yet with maxed stats he was a beast even before reaching lv20.

the whole point of using Draug or any other armored unit was mainly to block doors and paths in order to kite enemies from behind tanks and/or walls, with the difference that Draug comes in early game, so he has overall more chances to get experience and stats compared to other armored units.

otherwise, Lorenz could work as well.

2 hours ago, Fenreir said:

- Tiki, due to Manaketes being utterly broken. she can fly too;

Are you sure about that, Male and female Manaketes function the same in FE1.

Outside from that Jeorge should be a little higher, he's probably the best bow unit in the game.

Wolf and Sedgar should also be higher then Beck, they come from free, have good movement as the only Horsemen in the game, and have an easily accessed weapon type. 

I made a new tier list with the new tier list maker that everyone is apparently using.

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Wolf and Sedgar should also be higher then Beck, they come from free, have good movement as the only Horsemen in the game, and have an easily accessed weapon type. 

I ended up putting the Ballisticians and Horsemen in the same tier because neither of the Horsemen have good bases or growth rates.  So I figured they could both reach the front lines and die faster than infantry units.

11 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I made a new tier list with the new tier list maker that everyone is apparently using.

I ended up putting the Ballisticians and Horsemen in the same tier because neither of the Horsemen have good bases or growth rates.  So I figured they could both reach the front lines and die faster than infantry units.

Are the letter ranks in no particular order then?

Like is the first unit in E not any better then the last unit in tier E?

They need to add FE1 and TearRing Saga characters to the tier list maker.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Are the letter ranks in no particular order then?

Like is the first unit in E not any better then the last unit in tier E?

They need to add FE1 and TearRing Saga characters to the tier list maker.

The letter ranks do not inherently indicate a particular order, but if you wanted to, you could make a tier list where units on the left are better than the ones on the right in a given tier.  I just organized these by class.

(As for FE1 and TearRing Saga characters, they likely didn't bother because everyone in FE1 naturally also appears in FE11, while TearRing Saga (Utna Heroes and Berwick) aren't even part of the Fire Emblem series.  It also doesn't help that certain FE1 characters like Matthis and Vyland share portraits.)

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The letter ranks do not inherently indicate a particular order, but if you wanted to, you could make a tier list where units on the left are better than the ones on the right in a given tier.  I just organized these by class.

(As for FE1 and TearRing Saga characters, they likely didn't bother because everyone in FE1 naturally also appears in FE11, while TearRing Saga (Utna Heroes and Berwick) aren't even part of the Fire Emblem series.  It also doesn't help that certain FE1 characters like Matthis and Vyland share portraits.)

I think Jagen could be higher, he can chase down thief units before they destroy villages until you finally get another paladin. 

(TearRing Saga is more Fire Emblem then Fire Emblem Warriors and other Fire Emblem tier sites include it).

I think Jagen could be higher, he can chase down thief units before they destroy villages until you finally get another paladin.

I dunno, literally the only time I ever had trouble beating a Thief to a village was Chapter 9 (the one where you get Jeorge?), mainly due to the Pirates blocking the way.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I dunno, literally the only time I ever had trouble beating a Thief to a village was Chapter 9 (the one where you get Jeorge?), mainly due to the Pirates blocking the way.

Thats what I was thinking of as well, its pretty hard without Jagen.

So I think Jagen should be raised to C at least.

Thats what I was thinking of as well, its pretty hard without Jagen.

So I think Jagen should be raised to C at least.

...Eh.  I'm not sure if that one village is enough to raise him to C Tier.

I think D Tier is pretty fair for him.  His usefulness seems to me to be limited mostly to the early game unless you're doing something crazy like a 0% Growth Rates or LTC playthrough or otherwise really like that one extra point of Mov he has over Cain and Abel.

The only "bad" thing about this list is that I can't tell what constitutes good and bad.  Generally, tier lists explain their rating criteria in the opening posts.

37 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The only "bad" thing about this list is that I can't tell what constitutes good and bad.  Generally, tier lists explain their rating criteria in the opening posts.

...Oh.  I didn't know that.  Sorry.  This was just meant to be a general ranking of units from overall best to worst.  I thought I'd just answer people's questions of why certain units are above others as they were asked.

15 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Are you sure about that, Male and female Manaketes function the same in FE1.

my bad, i always tend to forget some details and differences between FE1 and FE3.

14 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

This was just meant to be a general ranking of units from overall best to worst.  I thought I'd just answer people's questions of why certain units are above others as they were asked.

stats-wise, everyone can be good if he's boosted to the max with the right consumables.

i believe in the end it all boils down to unit weaknesses(mounted/armored/dragon), moving range, and eventually unique personal gear that comes with each unit.

some characters should be higher than their current ranking, in my opinion.

Ogma and Merric can easily be S-tier due to being the best damage dealers.

Bantu and Xane could be A-tier, due to great utility.

Jeorge could be B-tier, due to being the best anti-fliers unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Move Boah up one, he's Wendell that joins later but with 15 speed which is obscene, he doubles nearly the whole game. Move Bantu up one or two places, Dragonstones are broken in FE1 so he deserves to be a bit higher. Move Roger and Macellan down one, overall their as good or worse than Draug there's no reason they should be above him though. Move Matthis and Roshea up one, Matthis is like a slightly worse Cain who can use silvers at base, Roshea is a slightly worse Abel who can also use silver lances at base. Jagen goes two spaces up, promotion items come late and being your only prepromoted unit, and 10 move unit for a while is good and he's definitely better than Midia and Arran. Move Tomas up one or two, like Palla he has a high base level that allows him to quickly promote into a unit as good as Jeorge, he's also one arm scroll away from getting Parthia at base and the Parthia, arm scrolls, and Orion's bolt all come in his join map. Conversely, Castor's inability to promote in FE1 also docs him a ranking in my books. Wrys and Lena also go up one or two because they're the only healers you have before Wendell which has it's uses. And lastly, Wolf and Sedgar move up one because of mounted utility.  

• 1 year later...