2nd Anniversary Banner (Find and Vote Banner): Possible to pick a specific unit?

Roflolxp54

2 minutes ago, Leocanta said:

Yes. I think I might know what's going on here. Be sure not to confuse pitch with timbre. Pitch is the note itself, and timbre is the sound of the note. For example, the same note played on two different instruments will have different timbres because different instruments have different sounds, like an A played on a violin, or an A played on a Flute. The A played on the flute may sound higher because it has a shriller timbre than the A played on a violin.

Because you have good hearing, you're probably picking up on the shriller timbre of the Green orb. While Blue is a higher pitch, it has a lower timbre, so it doesn't sound as shrill or jingly. Hope this helps!

Ah. Yes, this does clear things up. I didn't know about timbre, just pitch. I don't have a lot of music knowledge. xP Even if I am said to be a decent/good singer.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A gold orb is a different color, so it probably will have its own sound effect.

There are apparently no new orb sound effects. They could give them all one of the existing orb sound effects, though.

Just now, Othin said:

There are apparently no new orb sound effects. They could give them all one of the existing orb sound effects, though.

Not yet. But what's to say another update won't come and add them?

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not yet. But what's to say another update won't come and add them?

If they were going to add it in an update, it would have been in a previous one. The next planned update will be the one adding the next legendary.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

If they were going to add it in an update, it would have been in a previous one. The next planned update will be the one adding the next legendary.

Why does that have to be the case, exactly?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why does that have to be the case, exactly?

Because that's how they always do things. They have each new character update have whatever is expected to be needed until the next one, and this would fall under that. The only other updates they make are for bug fixes, and you could think of this as a bug fix if they caught it last-minute but there isn't really precedent for that, making it highly unlikely.

I'm pretty much music illiterate.  Green sounds the highest to me, so hopefully I can steer clear of that.  The other three sound more similar, with Gray being the lowest.

Is it going to be four Orbs and not the usual random 5 we get?  If so, maybe we can just know whether to go for top, bottom, left, or right after the first few people have reported on what they got.

If they don't go with a single orb sound, would it be possible for the orb sounds to be randomized? For instance, if you tap a yellow orb once, it'll make the sound of a green orb, but if you tap it a second time, the sound will change to a red orb? Just a thought.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start.  

I saw this on gamefaqs early and reddit later.  I hope it works, if this is going around in the Japanese forums though for sure they will be aware of this (if they don't know) and change it.  If it does...Myrrh or Duma....Myrrh or Duma....ah!  I dunno.  Both need Distant counter, darn it!

2 minutes ago, indigocean said:

If they don't go with a single orb sound, would it be possible for the orb sounds to be randomized? For instance, if you tap a yellow orb once, it'll make the sound of a green orb, but if you tap it a second time, the sound will change to a red orb? Just a thought.

Ooof. This might be totally possible and a very clever way of eliminating sound identification. I also think it might be possible that the four orbs will not be different colours if it is randomized like in normal summoning sessions. So it's possible to get four golden orbs that are "blue", like how during summoning sessions we don't get one of every colour. Thoughts on this?

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start.  

I saw this on gamefaqs early and reddit later.  I hope it works, if this is going around in the Japanese forums though for sure they will be aware of this (if they don't know) and change it.  If it does...Myrrh or Duma....Myrrh or Duma....ah!  I dunno.  Both need Distant counter, darn it!

It might be too late to change it at this point.  I'm not sure how hard it would be to change it to something new.

8 minutes ago, indigocean said:

If you tap them at the right rhythm, they'll play out the Fire Emblem theme song.

14 minutes ago, Leocanta said:

Ooof. This might be totally possible and a very clever way of eliminating sound identification. I also think it might be possible that the four orbs will not be different colours if it is randomized like in normal summoning sessions. So it's possible to get four golden orbs that are "blue", like how during summoning sessions we don't get one of every colour. Thoughts on this?

Randomizing the golden orbs so that players won't have an equal 1/4 chance of getting one of the heroes kind of eliminates any shred of fairness the game has. Not that it really had much to begin with.... These are dark times we're living in.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you tap them at the right rhythm, they'll play out the Fire Emblem theme song.

If that's the case, I'm all in.

30 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It might be too late to change it at this point.  I'm not sure how hard it would be to change it to something new.

I have no clue how hard it is to code and all that, so I don't know.  However what others were suggesting about just using one of the existing sounds for the gold orb seems like something they could implement easily.  

Well all they have to do is programme the golden orbs to output the sound of a, let's say, green orb so all golden orbs have the same sound. It will be quite easy. Should only be one extra line of code within the "golden orb" object class. 

11 minutes ago, Leocanta said:

Well all they have to do is programme the golden orbs to output the sound of a, let's say, green orb so all golden orbs have the same sound. It will be quite easy. Should only be one extra line of code within the "golden orb" object class. 

It wouldn't even be code. There's likely just a table somewhere that lists "use this image file" and "use this sound file" for each different color of umbrella.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It wouldn't even be code. There's likely just a table somewhere that lists "use this image file" and "use this sound file" for each different color of umbrella.

This might be true. This table thing was what I meant by the object/class container. Either way, it's a quick and easy fix (to our disadvantage but whatever). 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

So you're basically making the assumption that the developers are complete morons and haven't thought of this already? Okay.

I mean, if they are complete morons, power to you all, but...

I wouldn’t dismiss the possibility of them being complete morons. I mean, ayther AIDS is a thing.

I can't distinguish between the red and colourless sounds for the life of me (doesn't help that the video only directly switches between them once and then way too fast for me to catch the difference.). So long as I can avoid blue, I'll be fine, though I'd prefer if get a unit I'll actually use instead of fodder (which a second Myrrh would be for me). Not sure if Intsys will actually have made such an oversight, but the chance of it leaves me with a more positive feeling for the event.