2nd Anniversary Banner (Find and Vote Banner): Possible to pick a specific unit?

Roflolxp54

I got Legendary Azura for my free pull, who was my second pick, so I'm happy.  It took around 60 Orbs, but I did manage to get Duma as well.

I had hoped this would have been a "Hero Fest 8%" Banner, but not letting us pick the one we wanted in the first place should have prepared me not to get my hopes up.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I'm holding myself on spending orbs for Azura here, since she comes back in late March and I also want L!Lucina that would also be on that banner. 

I really want to do some summons, but I'll wait a bit. 

If you specifically want Azura, this would be your best bet, since the 8% divided between 3 units actually gives you less than a 3% chance to get the unit you actually want.

Oh golly I'm kind of nervous. Okay, here we go... Choosiiiiiing… Left or up? Hmm... Up. Going north. Here we go.

Duma. Eh, not the worst, but not the one I was really hoping for. Won't be able to go for H!Myrrh until October, then. All my orbs are going toward the Valentine's event.

My +atk Duma now has lost his res flaw. Sturdy.

Edited by Mercakete

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

If you specifically want Azura, this would be your best bet, since the 8% divided between 3 units actually gives you less than a 3% chance to get the unit you actually want.

It's not much less, though.

Biggest question is if you'll also want Lucina or the unknown third blue unit on the banner. If you'll be pulling blue there either way, you're better off waiting.

Edited by Othin

Yeah I'm waiting cause the chance is only slightly less, and I also want Bowcina plus I'm sure the other blue will probably be good too, meanwhile in regular focus banner you can get screwed over with some of the pity breakers.  

Oh I got Duma, my most wanted, on the free gold.  -atk/+HP the signature IV for me, yay.  That boon which is good on like no one and that bane which is bad on like everyone.  Still getting my most wanted unit of the four is overall very good.  

Really should have been a herofest, I wouldn't hesitate in going for Myrrh and Azura then.  In essence that free hero but random, with random IV on top of that tempts people to pull on the banner.  You didn't get the unit you wanted most or even the one you wanted least.  Or you got the unit you wanted but at bad IV, better pull!  Banner won't fool me though!

Got a -Atk Duma for free (forgot Boon). I’ll see a use for him, guaranteed. Maybe just in Arena, though.

Spent from ~175 orbs to 115 sniping for H!Myrrh. No luck yet.

May spend less orbs than usual on the Legendary banner.

Finally pulled the trigger on actual summons for this after seeing nothing I'm too excited about on the legendary banner. Got Myrrh after a slightly higher-than-average 219 orbs, which I suppose I can't complain about. Also got Brave Hector, which I'm pretty happy about, and another duplicate Ayra.

I'm less happy about the natures, though. Myrrh is +HP, -Res, which I guess isn't much worse than neutral, but it's a bit unfortunate considering my shortage of high-Res red armors was a big part of the draw. Hector is +Spd, -Res, which is more of an issue, especially since he has a Res superbane. Can't sweat those kinds of details too much, though. My real priority here is the units themselves.

After that, I finally did my free summons for the beast banner. All five sessions had one colorless orb, but none of them were anything notable. It's tempting to take a real shot at Velouria, but I'd rather wait for a better rerun, or at least to get a look at the Binding Blade trailer. I don't have many orbs left right now, anyway.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I didn't have any of them, so the only thing that would've made me mad was a bad flaw. Thankfully, Duma was +def -res, which is not bad.

The anniversary's format was objectively bad, though. Getting a free seasonal for the first two years is cool, but the so many layers of randomness was not. I can at least understand randomizing the hero in question, but they should at least have given you four orbs of each color and not given them natures. Most of those year 1 seasonal units are really bad and outclassed at this point, would it have killed them to at least make them neutral? Find and vote was a stupid mini game, they should've just let us pick from a list for each color, and not letting players pick the one they wanted is just bad decision making too.

Clearly the decision behind all these things was "how can we squeeze more money out of the players", but at some point people are going to get fed up with the greed and just quit. Considering that this is the second anniversary event, it was done in bad spirit.

For gacha in general, this isn't too bad.  The free unit's guaranteed to be serviceable at the very least.  If you really want gacha hell, I have. . .stories.

---

Free pull was Azura, and she couldn't top my current one (+Spd/-Res).  If I get a really good blue flier, I'll use her as fodder.

Lol. I'm weak and lucky.

Decided to do some summons on this banner after L!Azura. Spent ~45 orbs and got Myrrh on a circle with no blues. Right after went in a circle with 1 blue and got L!Azura.

Still have 378 orbs + whatever I can hoard for March's banner, where I'll try to get more copies of L!Azura, L!Lucina and the new Mythic.