• Lewyn: Guiding Breeze
    • Morgan: Lass from Afar
    • Saias: Bishop of Flame
    • Cecilia: Etrurian General
    • Jagen: Veteran Knight
    • Innes: Regal Strategician
    • Soren: Shrewd Strategist

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/2019 at 02:59 AM

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Soren is my only +10, but I'm on his team, and I hear it's not such good etiquette to lead with the unit you're supporting. So, sending my mostly-built M!Kana. He's +8 with +2 on dragonflowers, so he's not too bad. Really, those are the only areas he's incomplete in, so I figured my teammates would appreciate him.

Blegh, one of the people I'm friends with switch from a colorless lead to a blue lead, on team Morgan. I though people had gotten the memo not to do that.

>_>

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

According to the multiplier predictor sheet, Morgan will not get a multiplier

big oof

@Skyla

@Interdimensional Observer

I'm number 9 on the list of Soren supporters. Where are you guys at?

I haven't even tried pulling his seasonal alt nor have I 5 starred his original version. Didn't know I'm a huge fan of this guy to deserve to be top 10 in his army. 

Also, how would you guys rank these tacticians from best to worst? I'm not going to bother because I'm not familiar with most of them. 

Edited by Icelerate

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Also, how would you guys rank these tacticians from best to worst? I'm not going to bother because I'm not familiar with most of them. 

Can't rank them either because I'm not familiar with Binding Blade or Sacred Stones, and all actual tacticians in the gauntlet were on the winning side so they must have been doing something right (you could argue that the army Saias originally worked for lost, but he's got the reputation and the leadership stars to make up for it), but I'd say Katarina and Morgan would be near the bottom, simply because one barely got to work as a tactician and one never did. (Sure, she's training for it in her supports, but she never acts as one either for Chrom's army or for the children.)

That said...

Spoiler

tumblr_mrvesbCWoU1s4qjvjo1_500.jpg.4b5561657a7855a73cc761f3d6de2cab.jpgtumblr_mrvesbCWoU1s4qjvjo2_500.jpg.8bca797f6f9788b166fe4ed53b341df6.jpg

(x)

Wow. From scores it looks like Lewyn is the strongest in this gauntlet, but turns out Morgan got a big group behind her as well, she just didn't have the multipliers. Looking on the predictor, Saias couldn't even stand a chance even with the multiplier for so long.

If both Lewyn and Morgan gets through, round 2 can get savage between them. On the other side, Soren got everything under control.

4 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Below are my ranking of them, although my reasoning is hidden within spoiler tags for those that do not want the exploits I judged them on spoiled from the game.

1. Saias

Spoiler

The guy has 10 leadership stars in Thracia 776. 10, that gives every unit in his army an extra 30% hit and evasion due to his tactical brilliance. His biggest weakness is that those that protect him insist he leaves the field at the first sign of personal danger. They unfortunately scale the leadership stars down a bit when you recruit him, but even then he still has the highest leadership stars of any player unit.

2. Cecilia

Spoiler

She out maneuvers the Bernese army to save Roy and his Lycian alliance, and even when she is massively outnumbered during the Etrurian conflict she manages to be a thorn in Bern and Narshen's side holding out until Zephiel himself personally duels her.

3. Soren

Spoiler

Soren give some sound and rational advise throughout, but Radiant Dawn is where he  really shines. With his tactical advise the Laguz Alliance pushes Begnion to the brink, although Zelgius does manage to turn the tables by baiting Skrimir into a duel that drives that momentum back, and with the timely arrival of the Daein army that momentum drives them all the way back to Gallia. This isn't to downplay Soren's ability, multiple times his tactics allow the Laguz to overcome defensive works that would have ended their campaign and out maneuvered Zelgius before, the deck was just heavily stacked against them.

4. Innes

Spoiler

While there is some vague sense that he acts competently in Frelia's defense, the poor guy gets massively out maneuvered twice, first in letting Caellach and Selena's army get a surprise attack that destroys Frelia's Sacred Stone, and second when he is surrounded in Carcino with nothing but a handful of mercenaries to make a last stand with. Fortunately Eirika manages to save him from that tactical blunder.

5. Lewyn

Spoiler

While Lewyn's tactical advise to Celice is all sound, it is also very general. This isn't helped by him always aiding the player, and without any major story based moments for his skills as a tactician it is hard to judge his ability. Although I suppose he does see the need to shore up the defense of Leonster when the main army is based in Manster, anticipating one of the main avenues of attack that Blume enacts.

6. Jagen

Spoiler

Much like Lewyn his advice is vague and hard to judge for the same reasons. He falls below Lewyn mostly due to Marth (or Kris) at least once having sounder tactical advice than Jagen, and in New Mystery he gets some of his screen time stolen by Kris.

7. Morgan

Spoiler

If this were Robin like it should have been for the theme he/she would be rated higher. As it stands she might have learned a few tricks from her father, but I would hardly qualify her as a tactician.

8. Katarina

Spoiler

She just impersonates a tactician to try and assassinate Marth, and even admits to Kris that he/she hasn't really needed her help.

5 hours ago, Kori said:

That said...

Hide contents

tumblr_mrvesbCWoU1s4qjvjo1_500.jpg.4b5561657a7855a73cc761f3d6de2cab.jpgtumblr_mrvesbCWoU1s4qjvjo2_500.jpg.8bca797f6f9788b166fe4ed53b341df6.jpg

(x)

Robin sort had little to no choice. Soren had to accept the same strategy in Radiant Dawn. 

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Below are my ranking of them, although my reasoning is hidden within spoiler tags for those that do not want the exploits I judged them on spoiled from the game.

1. Saias

Hide contents

The guy has 10 leadership stars in Thracia 776. 10, that gives every unit in his army an extra 30% hit and evasion due to his tactical brilliance. His biggest weakness is that those that protect him insist he leaves the field at the first sign of personal danger. They unfortunately scale the leadership stars down a bit when you recruit him, but even then he still has the highest leadership stars of any player unit.

2. Cecilia

Hide contents

She out maneuvers the Bernese army to save Roy and his Lycian alliance, and even when she is massively outnumbered during the Etrurian conflict she manages to be a thorn in Bern and Narshen's side holding out until Zephiel himself personally duels her.

3. Soren

Hide contents

Soren give some sound and rational advise throughout, but Radiant Dawn is where he  really shines. With his tactical advise the Laguz Alliance pushes Begnion to the brink, although Zelgius does manage to turn the tables by baiting Skrimir into a duel that drives that momentum back, and with the timely arrival of the Daein army that momentum drives them all the way back to Gallia. This isn't to downplay Soren's ability, multiple times his tactics allow the Laguz to overcome defensive works that would have ended their campaign and out maneuvered Zelgius before, the deck was just heavily stacked against them.

4. Innes

Hide contents

While there is some vague sense that he acts competently in Frelia's defense, the poor guy gets massively out maneuvered twice, first in letting Caellach and Selena's army get a surprise attack that destroys Frelia's Sacred Stone, and second when he is surrounded in Carcino with nothing but a handful of mercenaries to make a last stand with. Fortunately Eirika manages to save him from that tactical blunder.

5. Lewyn

Hide contents

While Lewyn's tactical advise to Celice is all sound, it is also very general. This isn't helped by him always aiding the player, and without any major story based moments for his skills as a tactician it is hard to judge his ability. Although I suppose he does see the need to shore up the defense of Leonster when the main army is based in Manster, anticipating one of the main avenues of attack that Blume enacts.

6. Jagen

Hide contents

Much like Lewyn his advice is vague and hard to judge for the same reasons. He falls below Lewyn mostly due to Marth (or Kris) at least once having sounder tactical advice than Jagen, and in New Mystery he gets some of his screen time stolen by Kris.

7. Morgan

Hide contents

If this were Robin like it should have been for the theme he/she would be rated higher. As it stands she might have learned a few tricks from her father, but I would hardly qualify her as a tactician.

8. Katarina

Hide contents

She just impersonates a tactician to try and assassinate Marth, and even admits to Kris that he/she hasn't really needed her help.

I say this is perhaps the most accurate ranking list for the contestants. I think if Robin was included here, I'd rank him #1.

Though I think really the reason Cecilia made as much of a fight is because Narcian was the one attacking. Narcian proves time and time again to be a rather incompetent leader. If leadership stars existed here, he would probably be very low on the scale. 

So Morgan actually managed to get a multiplier? Neat.

Did a Yolo red pull on HMyrrh's banner and I got a Kat instead of a bat. +SPD this time so she probably thinks she is rewarding me for supporting her. I would rather have got Myrrh.

I don't know whether Cecilia gets multiplier or I am just barely missing them by a few minutes. I don't had even one of them. I guess my motivation for Voting gauntlet only goes this far...at least some feathers.

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

I don't know whether Cecilia gets multiplier or I am just barely missing them by a few minutes. I don't had even one of them. I guess my motivation for Voting gauntlet only goes this far...at least some feathers.

She's barely getting them. I think I've only seen 2 or 3 of them.

I'm on Jagen's team and it's raining multipliers over here that I kinda went overboard with the flags. Will have to cut back some flag expenditure so I can save some for the final hour.

14 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Somewhere low in the masses.

This mode doesn't really click with me. The half-hour wait between battles makes me participate very rarely.

It reminds me, so I once heard watching a documentary, that in Islam, while Muhammad visited Heaven and met with God, he walked pass Moses (or Abraham, I forget which) who asked him what God had told him. Muhammad said God told him to tell his followers to pray 50 times a day, Moses told Muhammad that was infeasible and to go back to God and argue for the daily prayer number to be lower. Muhammad did as Moses said and managed to drop the mandatory prayer count to 5 a day, which it remains to be in Islam.

For full VG participation, one must do 48 plays with intervals in between per day. Just two off the count of prayers in said story. Now can someone please go and argue it so the Intelligent Sovereign does something more practical?

Furthermore, I don't see myself really making a difference given the thousands of players. And multipliers leave so much to luck one shouldn't get overly attached to who they support. The incentive of more Feathers for intensive play doesn't attract me all that much either, it doesn't work for Forging Bonds.

I might really like Soren, but that doesn't drive me crazy for this.

I just got a Legendary Azura as my random ally... with Hone Atk 3 on the C Slot and Hone Spd 3 on the Seal Slot... and she doesn't have Hone Atk 4 on her skill set... Why? Why would you use Hone Atk 3 on your L' Azura? I accept Earth/Torrent Dance, or keep her Atk Tactic, but Hone Atk 3? 

I hope the Rachel has been useful for Team Soren.  Has anybody been getting her?

Looking at Morgan vs Saias, I think that's the most lopsided match I've seen since the Corrin Vs Gaius match a couple years ago.  The multipliers must be nice.

17 hours ago, Icelerate said:

9th, oh impressive. 

I'm somewhere lingering between 3-4k. This mode, honestly, is my least favourite but since he's my boy, I'm still losing sleep over it. Haha.

You should consider 5☆-ing him, when you have an abundance of feathers, to get his level 40 confession at least. N̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶e̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶. Plus, he can help out in AA. 

As for the ranking....um...

It's kind of hard to rank them since Morgan only has her supports, which are pointless - in determining her tactical mind - to say the least.

Katarina has like, 6 lines of dialogue and most of her personality revolves around gushing over the Avatar. 

Jagen doesn't have anything going for him either, especially in NMOE, where all his dialogue are basically "Ah, you are amazing Kris, we couldn't have done it without you".

Cecilia.... Well, she did outmanoeuvre Narcian at one point but...Eh... that's not saying much because that's not hard to do.

So...

1- Soren

2- Saias

3- Lewyn 

4- Celilia

4.5- Morgan, kat and Jagen

....I guess. XD 

Edited by Skyla

I am currently rank 1364 on Team Soren, hopefully we get another multiplier before the end of the round, although that might end up hurting us depending on how the yo-yo goes.

I'm rank 88 for Morgan just from spending 400 flags on her only multiplier. I'm guessing many people missed the multiplier, which only goes to show how many more players are supporting Morgan over Saias. 

10 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Robin sort had little to no choice. Soren had to accept the same strategy in Radiant Dawn.

It's just a joke. (Though regardless of how much choice Robin had or their ability as a tactician, you gotta admit that the writers went for something ridiculous here, which I think was the point.)

Rank 2051. I never get all the arena flags, I've been unlucky with the color quests this time, and I spent on whatever multipliers I happened to catch since I'll be asleep for the biggest ones anyway, so that's not surprising. Here's hoping the multipliers work in our favor and I don't have to change teams in the morning~

I don't know if other Kat players have had issues with color quests but holy crap all I get is red and green. Is it Christmas?! I think I need to change my lead to a blue or a colorless. Just not sure who. Maybe my Christmas Eirika? But she works better when you have more control of the units attack stat.

8 minutes ago, Usana said:

I don't know if other Kat players have had issues with color quests but holy crap all I get is red and green. Is it Christmas?! I think I need to change my lead to a blue or a colorless. Just not sure who. Maybe my Christmas Eirika? But she works better when you have more control of the units attack stat.

Or you can just keep surrendering until a desired coloured ally shows up. You can keep battling until you win. 

1 hour ago, Leocanta said:

I'm rank 88 for Morgan just from spending 400 flags on her only multiplier. I'm guessing many people missed the multiplier, which only goes to show how many more players are supporting Morgan over Saias. 

Saias still has a very real chance of winning. I'm kind of expecting it.