How many spots do you have in your Pokedex?

jameslove001

For full disclosure, I am FTP except for the Black Knight Starter package, so I know this answer may vary depending on if you invest financially in the game. That said, how many allies do you currently have (total number, not unique)? What do you think is a good number to keep? 

This question is A) the face value question, and B) leads to other questions like: do you keep 4* and 5* version of each character; do you use feathers to level up to 4* for fodder and +10 characters or to give people well-rounded kits through inheritance. 

So, all of that said, how many allies do you have? Do you feel it's enough? 

F2P, currently have 702 units in my barracks. I increased my barracks size to 710 before Combat Manuals were announced, so now that managing barracks is easy, I hover around there.

I currently have a 5* level 40 copy of all 251 unique units I've obtained. I have a few duplicate 5*s sitting around to use for fodder or merges at some point (including a Lyn from this morning), plus a bunch of extra 3* and 4* copies of units. When I need more space, I look for ones with duplicate boons to turn into manuals. I don't really need this much space anymore, could easily cut down further if I'd upgraded my barracks fewer times.

I have around 1080 if I've been actively pruning my box and around 1098 if I haven't.

If I've already leveled a character, I usually still keep one or two extra copies with alternate Assets in case I ever change my mind. Other than those, I turn the remainder of my 4-star and lower units into manuals. Extra 5-star versions of units available at 4-star rarity or lower I also turn into manuals.

5-star-exclusive units stay in my box forever until they are used for merging or inheritance, and they're the reason why my box is so full.

280/348 currently on the Pokedex. 442 total units currently in barracks.

Not really going out of my way to summon new units unless I actually like the unit or the fodder they provided. Or if the unit was pulled unintentionally.

I've got more than enough units to take on a lot of content as well as get tier 21 in AR, tier 19-21 in Arena, and top 3K-5K rank in Arena Assault. Currently more interested in improving existing units and merging up the Lyn variants whenever possible. Can never have enough feathers or grails...

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

That said, how many allies do you currently have (total number, not unique)?

My Barracks is 1,067/1,100 filled.

What do you think is a good number to keep? 

I keep at least one of each Hero, keep one of each ideal nature, and sometimes keep even more copies for multiple builds.

do you keep 4* and 5* version of each character

I keep at least one of each Hero, but I do not always keep their 5* version.

do you use feathers to level up to 4* for fodder and +10 characters or to give people well-rounded kits through inheritance. 

Yes. I use a lot of Feathers, mostly for fodder/skill inheritance, but generally not as much for merging.

So, all of that said, how many allies do you have?

If you mean the Catalog of Heroes, I have 308/348 filled.

Do you feel it's enough? 

No. It is never enough. I can never have enough merges and skill fodder.

I'm at 280/348. I have been playing since release, and have never ever expanded my barracks (and my barracks is always nearly full (295-300)). Currently at 297 heroes. 

If I see a unit that has an interesting skill or weapon, I'm going for it. I'll spend too much every time.. Heh heh...

Like, with the Beast banner, I set my sights on poor Velouria because I needed her weapon for my Ares. Spent about $250 CAD. But I got her (+def/-atk). Surprisingly, She's still workable too, thank goodness. Keaton is next if I decide to go again. 

Do I have enough units? Probably... But I'm a collector. 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

5-star-exclusive units stay in my box forever until they are used for merging or inheritance, and they're the reason why my box is so full.

Hun, I don't want to mess up whatever system you may have going, but one thing you could do is make the units with undesireable ivs combat manuals? Only keep the ones you think you may build. Convert the ones with boon you know you'll never use.

I'm F2P since launch - save for twenty dollars spent on a higher pity rate on the very first hero fest. I haven't even bought the Black Knight pack. My catalog is 252/348 and I still play the game for the singular purpose of collecting and promoting every character to 5 star. My strategy is just to spend most of my orbs on Legendary banners, because the only dupes I have to worry about are the Legendary Heroes. Plus it just feels good to get that many 5 stars for that many orbs. My barracks size is 830 so I've got plenty of room to hold some extra units. I also keep a copy of every unit, though it never matters beyond HM farming since I only promote the ones with an optimal nature. 

Seen: 348. Caught: 269.

216 unique 5* units out of 277 in my barracks. Of those, 213 are at level 40 or higher.

I'm day 1 free-to-play.

I haven't upgraded my Barracks ever, so I'm very aggressive in trimming my units. The new Asset/Flaw display has made that easier.

I would like to have every unit eventually, but that seems unlikely at this point. I content myself with doing my best to get the Special Heroes before they leave.

Edited by Seafarer

304/348 unique heroes owned. Unsure about number of non-5 Stars in that group. Been playing since a week after release. Non-f2p (aka, unfortunately not a luckshitter).

324 currently in barracks. I always keep one copy of each 5 Star and at least one copy of any Star rarity of non-5 Stars for eventual promotion.

Barracks generally stays pretty clean. Aside from the above, the only extras I keep are 3-4 Stars with good boons/better boons for overwriting. Everything else becomes a manual to save space and the trouble of more scrolling.

Regarding feather distribution and inheritance, I'm usually pretty reserved about spending feathers to avoid spur of the moment decisions leaving me devoid of feathers when I need them. All +10 projects remain stagnant until I either have enough feathers to make a couple promotions to get the ball rolling or I have enough copies and feathers to finish it in one fell swoop. 5 Star promotions for inheritance usually isn't prioritized due to the sheer amount of feathers it takes just to promote a unit only to toss them to someone else.

2 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Hun, I don't want to mess up whatever system you may have going, but one thing you could do is make the units with undesireable ivs combat manuals? Only keep the ones you think you may build. Convert the ones with boon you know you'll never use.

The problem is that once you convert them into manuals, you aren't able to merge chain them for giant piles of free SP.

Mostly F2P here (spent about €30-40 total, only spend when I'm really desperate), I got 235 unique heroes during my FEH life and right now have 264 units in my barracks.

Of the 3/4* heroes I try to keep at least one in the barracks, the rest is booked. If it's a hero I want to maybe use or +10 in the future I might keep more copies with good IVs. If I really need said hero's skill and I only have one of them left, I often grab the one in the barracks too though.

The 5* heroes I never book, but I don't keep all of them either, only the ones I want to actually use. The rest gets eaten for fodder by the others or they rot in my barracks forever with no useful skills to give. Would never send one home for feathers though, you never know when their skills might come in handy still.

As for feeling if it's enough: I don't know? I mean looking at the numbers here, my amount seems fine for a F2P player. Would love to collect all of the heroes someday though, but if they don't make it easier to get the oldest seasonals any time soon then that ain't gonna happen.

Edited by Mau

Out of 348 Heroes as of typing...

I have "seen" 331 of them.

I have 300 of them "complete" as in 5* Lv 40

I have 299 of them at 5* and trained (the one I'm missing in this equation is Summer Gaius)

And between all the 5* heroes and 3*/4* heroes awaiting promotion, I own 345 Heroes.

God knows how many Combat Manuals I own.

...dear god am I really that close to having them all at 5*?

For closure, I am P2W, but only for the sake of collecting all the units. I do, however, try to give everyone at least somewhat decent skill loadouts, whether that mean full revamps or their base kit plus a few vital skill additions. I do have a lot of 5* skill fodder, but Grand Athenaeums worth of lower rarity Combat Manuals.

I'm currently sitting at 318/500 Heroes in my barracks.  A long time ago I set a limit of 500 in part to stop myself from spending any more orbs on expansions, but more to try and curb my tendency to hoard.  Thanks to combat manuals, I think 500 will be more than enough for the foreseeable future.  

If I keep a 4* version of a character around when I have them at 5*, it's usually because the 4* version has a much better boon/bane for potentially upgrading one day, or they're a 4* I've invested merges in.  I also like to keep units that have nostalgic value for me, even if I have another version that totally outclasses them (for example, I have a -Atk 4* Kagero I keep because I have good memories of her being instrumental in clearing F!Robin's Hard GHB when it was first ran). 

In my HeroDex I have 286/348.Heroes, being:

15/21 Original Heroes;
36/38 Shadow Dragon/New Mystery Heroes;
17/21 Shadows of Valentia Heroes;
17/19 Genealogy Heroes;
06/08 Thracia 776 Heroes;
18/19 Binding Blade Heroes;
30/33 Blazing Blade Heroes;
19/22 Sacred Stones Heroes;
24/30 Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn Heroes;
47/54 Awakening Heroes;
57/83 Fates Heroes;

In my barracks I have 455/500 Heroes, but I also have a lot of Combat Manuals.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I'm at 311 out of the 348 heroes currently. The ones I'm outright missing are:

Spoiler

Veronica: Brave Princess
Ylgr: Fresh Snowfall
Surtr: Ruler of Flame
Laegjarn: Sheathed Steel
Laevatein: Searing Steel
Quan: Luminous Lancer
Lewyn: Guiding Breeze
Lene: Yearning Dancer
Leif: Prince of Leonster
Olwen: Righteous Knight
Reyson: White Prince
Leanne: Forest's Song
Nailah: Unflinching Eye
Corrin: Dream Princess
Keaton: Lupine Collector
Selkie: Free Spirit

Sharena: Spring Princess
Fjorm: New Traditions
Gunnthra: Year's First Dream
Hrid: Icy Blade
Hrid: Resolute Prince
Laevatein: Kumade Warrior
Caeda: Talys's Bride
Linde: Summer Rays
Duma: God of Strength
Roy: Youthful Gifts
Fae: Holiday Dear
Lyn: Wind's Embrace
Ninian: Bright-Eyed Bride
Eirika: Graceful Resolve
Ephraim: Sparkling Gallantly
Gaius: Thief Exposed
Ryoma: Dancing Samurai
Ryoma: Samurai at Ease
Hinoka: Relaxed Warrior
Xander: Spring Prince
Charlotte: Money Maiden

The ones that I do have but haven't gotten to Lv. 40 5* yet are:

Spoiler

Jagen: Veteran Knight
Cain: The Bull
Draug: Gentle Giant
Barst: The Hatchet
Michalis: Ambitious King
Maria: Minerva's Sister
Est: Junior Whitewing
Merric: Wind Mage
Sheena: Princess of Gra
Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark
Navarre: Scarlet Sword
Wrys: Kindly Priest
Athena: Borderland Sword
Gharnef: Dark Pontifex

Berkut: Prideful Prince

Gwendolyn: Adorable Knight
Raigh: Dark Child
Clarine: Refined Noble
Narcian: Wyvern General
Sophia: Nabata Prophet
Matthew: Faithful Spy
Serra: Outspoken Cleric
Priscilla: Delicate Princess
Florina: Lovely Flier
Lloyd: White Wolf
Ursula: Blue Crow
Legault: The Hurricane

Seth: Silver Knight

Lissa: Sprightly Cleric
Frederick: Polite Knight
Sully: Crimson Knight
Stahl: Viridian Knight
Libra: Fetching Friar
Gaius: Candy Stealer
Donnel: Village Hero
Virion: Elite Archer

Gunter: Inveterate Soldier
Jakob: Devoted Servant
Saizo: Angry Ninja
Azama: Carefree Monk
Setsuna: Absent Archer
Hinata: Wild Samurai
Oboro: Fierce Fighter
Kaze: Easygoing Ninja
Laslow: Dancing Duelist
Peri: Playful Slayer
Selena: Cutting Wit
Beruka: Quiet Assassin
Arthur: Hapless Hero
Silas: Loyal Knight
Shigure: Uplifting Artist

As for my barracks, I'm at 320 / 695 and have a copy of each unit I've ever obtained with some exceptions.

My barracks are at 220/390 (I've turned a ton of units into manuals so there's that). I try to keep 1 copy of each unit at 4* as long as they have a good nature but that's noto always possible when it comes to coveted skills like Desperation/Fury/Reposition/etc. 

The Herodex is at 244/348. Not too shabby considering I just tend to pull for 1 unit per banner instead of wanting to get almost everyone. 

The only time I've spent on this game was during Hero Fest 1 to get  a Julia with bad nature (and it took almost 1 year to fix it...).

Never spent any money on this game, but I have spent a lot of effort. By region, color-coded (green is have, red is do not have):

Heroes Region:

Alfonse, Bunny Alfonse, Sharena, Bunny Sharena, Anna, Brave Veronica, Fjorm, NY!Fjorm, L!Gunnthra, NY!Gunnthra, L!Hrid, NY!Hrid, Ylgr, Surtr, Laegjarn, NY!Laegjarn, Laevatein, NY!Laevatein, Helbindi, Eir, Loki

Archanea Region:

Marth, Groom Marth, L!Marth, Jagen, Cain, Abel, Draug, Gordin, Luke, Roderick, Caeda, Bride Caeda, Ogma, Barst, Linde, Summer Linde, Jeorge, Michalis, Minerva, Maria, Palla, Catria, Bunny Catria, Est, Merric, Fallen Hardin, Camus, Sheena, Y!Tiki, S!Y!Tiki, L!Tiki, Katarina, Clarisse, Legion, Navarre, Wrys, Athena, Gharnef

Valentia Region:

Alm, Lukas, Gray, Tobin, Kliff, Faye, Clair, Clive, Celica, Fallen Celica, Brave Celica, Mae, Boey, Genny, Saber, Leon, Mathilda, Delthea, Sonya, Berkut, Duma

Granbell(?) Region:

Sigurd, Arden, Arvis, Tailtiu, Quan, Ethlyn, Ayra, Jamke, Lewyn, Eldigan, Lachesis, Deirdre, Silvia, Seliph, Julia, Ares, Lene, Julius, Ishtar, Leif, Finn, Nanna, Reinhardt, Sword Reinhardt, Olwen, Olwen2, Saias

Bern/Lycia Region:

Roy, Brave Roy, Valentine's Roy, L!Roy, Lilina, Valentine's Lilina, Gwendolyn, Raigh, Cecilia, Christmas Cecilia, Klein, Clarine, Zephiel, Narcian, Shanna, Bartre, Fir, Sophia, Fae, Christmas Fae, Eliwood, Valentine's Eliwood, Lyn, Bride Lyn, Brave Lyn, Valentine's Lyn, L!Lyn, Hector, Valentine's Hector, L!Hector, Brave Hector, Matthew, Serra, Raven, Lucius, Rebecca, Priscilla, Dorcas, Halloween Dorcas, Florina, Canas, Karel, Karla, Hawkeye, Ninian, Bride Ninian, Lloyd, Linus, Jaffar, Ursula, Nino, Flying Nino, Legault

Magvel Region:

Eirika, Horse Eirika, L!Eirika, Christmas Eirika, Ephraim, L!Ephraim, Brave Ephraim, Christmas Ephraim, Seth, Lute, Innes, Summer Innes, Tana, Summer Tana, Lyon, Valter, Amelia, Joshua, Marisa, L'Arachel, Myrrh, Halloween Myrrh

Tellius Region:

Ike, Brave Ike, Valentine's Ike, Titania, Valentine's Titania, Soren, Valetine's Soren, Mist, Valentine's Mist, Valentine's Greil, Oscar, Mia, Elincia, Nephenee, Bride Sanaki, Black Knight, Micaiah, Dancing Micaiah, Sothe, Halloween Mia, L!Ike, Dancing Elincia, Tibarn, Reyson, Leanne, Naesala, Nailah, Sanaki, Zelgius, Oliver

Awakening Region:

Chrom, Bunny Chrom, Christmas Chrom, Helpful Chrom, M!Robin, Christmas Robin, Fell M!Robin, F!Robin, Summer Robin, L!Robin, Lissa, Christmas Lissa, Frederick, Summer Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Sumia, Maribelle, Cordelia, Bride Cordelia, Summer Cordelia, Libra, Gaius, Summer Gaius, Donnel, Lon'qu, Olivia, Performing Olivia, Flying Olivia, Henry, Halloween Henry, Tharja, Christmas Tharja, Bride Tharja, Aversa, Walhart, Virion, Cherche, Adult Tiki, Summer Adult Tiki, Nowi, Halloween Nowi, Panne, Lucina, Bunny Lucina, Masked Marth, Brave Lucina, L!Lucina, Owain, Performing Inigo, Gerome, M!Morgan, F!Morgan, Summer Noire

Fates Region:

M!Corrin, NY!Corrin, Dream M!Corrin, F!Corrin, Summer Corrin, Dream F!Corrin, Azura, Performing Azura, NY!Azura, Young Azura, L!Azura, Gunter, Felicia, Jakob, Halloween Jakob, Dream Mikoto, Ryoma, L!Ryoma, Dancing Ryoma, Bathtime Ryoma, Saizo, Kagero, Bunny Kagero, Halloween Kagero, Hinoka, Kinshi Hinoka, Bathtime Hinoka, Azama, Setsuna, Takumi, NY!Takumi, Fell Takumi, Summer Takumi, Hinata, Oboro, Sakura, Halloween Sakura, Bathtime Sakura, Hana, Subaki, Kaze, Kaden, Garon, Xander, Bunny Xander, Summer Xander, Dancing Xander, Laslow, Peri, Camilla, Bunny Camilla, NY!Camilla, Summer Camilla, Dream Camilla, Bathtime Camilla, Selena, Beruka, Leo, Summer Leo, Odin, Niles, Halloween Niles, Elise, Summer Elise, Bathtime Elise, Arthur, Effie, Silas, Bride Charlotte, Flora, Keaton, M!Kana, F!Kana, Performing Shigure, Shigure, Shiro, Selkie, Rhajat, Siegbert, Velouria, Ophelia, Soliel, Nina

As I went, these guys began sounding more and more like dolls. "Bathtime Elise," "Summer Innes," etc. Kind of funny, since that's almost what they are.

Edited by Mercakete

480 units in my barracks, 245 unique. Not F2P, but the last time I ever spent money on the game was the BK value meal, having maybe bought a total of 100-120 orbs prior to that point.

My barracks cap was at 690 when the combat manuals update came in. From that point I'd been just doing slow trimming of my barracks to stay under that limit, up until the last update with visible banes, at which point I savagely cut down to about 400 units. It's climbed back up at an alarming rate, but I'll probably just slack off until it hits about 600 again before doing another cull.