Why did we name this forum/wiki Serenes Forest?

Corrobin

A long time ago, I started to realise I'd be writing a LOT of content for the site, so I went for a green-coloured theme to make it easier on my eyes. Before that, it was bright blue like the sky XD

Also, nearly every single FE site or forum was called "Fire Emblem Something", eg. Fire Emblem Empire, Fire Emblem Fusion. So I didn't want to just copy them. That's why I went for the next available option: naming it after a location from one of the games. Back then, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were the most recent games, so you can probably guess the rest.

11 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

That's why I went for the next available option: naming it after a location from one of the games. Back then, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were the most recent games, so you can probably guess the rest.

If we're ever going for a name change, I'm guessing Nuibaba's Abode is on the top of the list for considerations?

14 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You know, I always wondered why this community was named after a nation that had nearly all of its people slaughtered... It kind of seems like bad luck to me.

If this was a Xenoblade fansite then it would be called Colony 6?

And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love

Gray clouds roll over the hills bringing darkness from above

But when you close your eyes

Does it almost seem like nothing changed at all

And when you close your eyes

Does it almost seem like you've been here before

How am I gonna be an optimist about this

Admit it, that song fits.

But to avoid getting in trouble for derailing...

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Also, nearly every single FE site or forum was called "Fire Emblem Something", eg. Fire Emblem Empire, Fire Emblem Fusion. So I didn't want to just copy them. That's why I went for the next available option: naming it after a location from one of the games. Back then, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were the most recent games, so you can probably guess the rest.

I think most of those other FE sites are dead now. You did a good job keeping this one alive.

54 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You know, I always wondered why this community was named after a nation that had nearly all of its people slaughtered... It kind of seems like bad luck to me.

Haha, I never thought of it that way. I was thinking more of the future, since the Heron siblings revived the forest. Then at the end of Radiant Dawn, one of them has kids if paired with the obvious choice.

That reminds me, we did get our fair share of forest burning down jokes when the host server used to get hammered...

Edited by VincentASM

8 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Haha, I never thought of it that way. I was thinking more of the future, since the Heron siblings revived the forest. Then at the end of Radiant Dawn, one of them has kids if paired with the obvious choice.

That reminds me, we did get our fair share of forest burning down jokes when the host server used to get hammered...

It's ok we can use @Elieson to put the fires out, he's full of hot air right? :P 

21 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I can see where you're coming from. If my knowledge of the Tellius timeline is correct, the Serenes Massacre occurred 155 years after Serenes Forest was founded. This website was founded 14 years ago in 2005, so at least we still have 141 years before the Serenes Massacre happens in real life.

Oh, interesting story. Didn't knew why this place was called so. Or maybe I just don't remember. Either way, good to know (again).

What was the equivalent then of the months roll-back time-warp thingy that happened in like 2009...?

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

If we're ever going for a name change, I'm guessing Nuibaba's Abode is on the top of the list for considerations?

Oh please not that! A dank monster/wronged woman's dungeon is not the appropriate vibe for this site.

Ignoring my preference for Tellius for a moment, I like the choice of Serenes Forest partly for chosen backdrop of the site. And I also like the connotations of it when you think about what the Telliusian Forest was and ended up being (just set aside the Massacre). Serenes is luminous, the greenery is open and calming, and the Herons are peaceful and very intelligent creatures, at RD's end, it becomes the abode of all the Bird Tribe Laguz. Such is befitting the main section with all the information it possesses for most games in the franchise. And such is befitting the forums, where peace amid many differing opinions is generally maintained despite some flare ups, the worst of which our resident Tibarns (mods) break up by punching some sense into the aggressors as a warning to others.

On 2/25/2019 at 1:13 PM, VincentASM said:

A long time ago, I started to realise I'd be writing a LOT of content for the site, so I went for a green-coloured theme to make it easier on my eyes. Before that, it was bright blue like the sky XD

what  happened to RAJAION RED?