Fates Artbook Named and Dated (Pellucid Crystal, releasing 25th April)

VincentASM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Stroud This isn't Rinkah (I dunno if she got artwork here), but you might like Reina.

Oh, You know me. I love mature characters and they are so rare having a spotlight these days...

Looked at Reina she really looks awesome and I am glad that she gets a little attention even with being a Jeigan.
Maybe she will sneak her way in FEH, thanks to the beast banner it might be possible with a full hoshido banner.

I didn't know that Kozaki also made the character design for Speed Grapher. I really liked that anime. 

20 hours ago, MMXZero said:

Does Charlotte have official art? 

Spoiler

Sadly, no. She doesn't have an offical art.

I got the book but I don't have a scanner so I'll leave it to someone who can take the pictures better

There are two things that really caught my eye.

Spoiler

There is a lot of interesting designs in the boss/creatures-design page, including the Hoshido dragon and I presume to be Anankos before he grew massive along with his degrading form as he slowly lost his sanity.

The other is the family tree in the Dragon Blood section which apparently, there is no sibling connection for Mikoto and Arete.

The first two things that popped into my head on seeing giant Lilith were: Okami, because of its sea dragon during the Ryoshima Coast third of the game; and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, because of its Titans.

Why did they scrap it? Having Corrin summon this at this some point could have been cool.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Hi everyone~

I'm really pressed for time, and I have not butchered the book as I usually do. it is a little underwhelming overall for both artwork and trivia, but oh well.

I'm uploading the RAWs to an imgur gallery as we speak. Apologies that some of the sides of the scans are blurry, but it can't be helped with the spine in the way.

I plan to get a few of the new character official works up, and maybe a few interesting concept pages. The rest will be done by request.

I am not doing a translation project for this book, but just select pages.

@VincentASM I prioritized scanning the few lore pages there are for you. Chronicle seems the most promising!

EDIT: Okay done uploading for now! Anyone who is missing I had assumed already had their artworks shown, but if I'm mistaken please let me know and I will scan them when I can. You will notice a scan of Soleil's concept art that shows her full body, this was a request, and not all the bodies in concept art have the full body. It's a little inconsistent, actually.

Edited by Kirokan

v8E7pzF.png

Early Reina is quite different than one in the final game.  My theory is that was she looked like when she was younger.

8I8dgNN.jpg

Also the first hard time number in the game. Sumeragi was killed 15 years ago before the present. So at minimum Sakura is 15; at most Elise is 15.

Spoiler

M1oXmV1.jpg

l8pV4B0.jpg

5rq9lGW.jpg

Fates genetics are sexy.

The art book says Mikoto and Arete aren't blood-related, just sisters in spirit. Yet the same time  the text repeatedly says that both Corrin and Azura carry the blood of Touma. They're just trying to downplay it without actively retconning Revelations.

The poses are more reserved than I thought they would be. I expected more like Oboro for some reason.

Gunter and his steel horse look real intimidating. Niles is likewise very creepy in his facial expression. I must find real world applications for these.

Hinata looks so chill, although I personally wish more was done to emphasize his muscles. Rinkah is also a real standout, being like Hinata, but a little more fierce yet mild, and with greater emphasis on the musculature. Odin's captures his character perfectly in drama. Reina as I said before is another standout.

Keaton, Jakob, Subaki, Saizo, and Kagero are a blasé middle ground here.

@Ertrick36 I have to put Oboro in less than ideal category for me. Her mid-combat pose is dynamic, but the facial expression is a stag beetle smashed against a car window. Well not that bad. And on the battlefield itself, I can totally see someone making that face- who gives a damn there how you contort it when you're fighting for you life and other stuff?! But in a piece of pretty official art, suspending realism and opting for a better face would I think make her more readily appreciable here without needing to think it over. 

Selkie is a dislike for me. I can see how someone would like her face and how it fits her character, but personally it doesn't sit well.

32 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Early Reina is quite different than one in the final game.  My theory is that was she looked like when she was younger.

I could totally see this being repurposed as a much happier Flora.

33 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The art book says Mikoto and Arete aren't blood-related, just sisters in spirit. Yet the same time  the text repeatedly says that both Corrin and Azura carry the blood of Touma. They're just trying to downplay it without actively retconning Revelations.

I'll just interpret "not blood-related" as not within so many degrees of consanguinity. In other words, I'll just pretend they're distant cousins and that the blood Silent Dragon was relatively widespread amongst the Vallan ruling elite. "Incest" isn't incest if Corrin and Azura are 5th cousins.

Thank all ye peoples who are posting images for your hard work.

Mikoto's statement about Arete being her sister seems rather unambiguous in-game, so I assume them not being related is a retcon. Does the artbook provide an explanation for why they both have dragon blood?

4 hours ago, r_n said:

So do they still not name the actual continent the game takes place in.

Nope, West is Nohr and East is Hoshido. Commonly referred to as "the world of Hoshido and Nohr" in the the book.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Mikoto's statement about Arete being her sister seems rather unambiguous in-game, so I assume them not being related is a retcon. Does the artbook provide an explanation for why they both have dragon blood?

oYHhseu.png

I from what I have gathered both are descendants from Valla royalty. However the graph wants to give the impression that they are distantly related.

@Kirokan

Thanks!

I had a quick look and nothing screams to me, except the dragon vein page kinda. Most of the stuff there, I already knew, but I did learn a little.

BTW, here are some images from the game related to dragon veins. Actually, I dunno what the last three are used for.

In the artbook page, the two dragons near the centre are the light and dark dragons.

Also, in the Hoshidan plaza, the four dragons surrounding the Dawn Dragon's pedestal belong to the dark, earth, light and wind dragons. I think these five dragons correspond to the symbols found here or other places:

lrBfIam.png

Meanwhile, in the Nohrian plaza, there are supposed to be four dragons surrounding the Dusk Dragon's pedestal. These are water, light, fire and dark. In both countries, they have 2 pairs of opposing dragons (light and dark are the same in each).

On 4/30/2019 at 7:39 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

Nope, West is Nohr and East is Hoshido. Commonly referred to as "the world of Hoshido and Nohr" in the the book.

That's....kind of amazing, really.

Like long term a name for the continent doesn't REALLY matter but it's just been one of those things, you know? I really was expecting some Big Lore (& Big Retcons) so not even the name of the continent is shocking.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:33 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

Also the first hard time number in the game. Sumeragi was killed 15 years ago before the present. So at minimum Sakura is 15; at most Elise is 15.

With the 15 year mark for Sumeragi's death, we can also assume some things about Hinoka via her supports. She says that she started training to be a pegasus rider at the age of seven and this decision came "after she got older" and came to understand one does not simply walk into Nohrdor. So her age would be somewhere between 17 and 22. So we can infer that:
Sakura: 15-20 years old
Takumi: 16-21 years old
Corrin: 16-22 years old
Hinoka: 17-22 years old
(Assuming that it takes a year between Ikona giving birth to each child. Corrin's mother is Mikoto so he could be as little as a day older than Takumi or a day younger than Hinoka)

Got my Fire Emblem if: Visual Works - Pellucid Crystal book today!!! Full cover is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING :wub:!!!

Ccg1WW5H_o.jpg

Spoiler

W9L1nabR_o.jpg
HZ7eg3Hp_o.jpg
XSXl3twT_o.jpg

And here more pictures ;):

G2oxXmZ5_o.jpg

v4j08GKi_o.jpg

Isafo158_o.jpg
jFKEYhYr_o.jpg
3mCPCZGV_o.jpg
byf029dV_o.jpg
5K69s5XJ_o.jpg
thRrRQaA_o.jpg
zS1nqh77_o.jpg
yUBcWniT_o.jpg

Edited by Lance23

So... do we know if there will be an official english translation?

I would freaking LOVE to buy this thing right here and right now, but... I'd also like to be able to read the damn thing...

• 3 weeks later...

First off, to all of you who have posted scans here: thank you so much!

Secondly, if you haven't had a chance yet, please take a look at the images being uploaded to the Fire Emblem wiki, someone has been adding a huge amount of scans for the generic characters. https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Images

Third, there are still a few images missing and I was hoping someone might be kind enough post the missing entries.

Falcon Knights (F/M)

Kinshi Knights (F/M)

Dark Falcon (M) (Art might not exist)

Dread Fighter (F)

Sorcerer (F/M)

Sniper (F/M)

I realize I'm asking a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 5:19 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

In some alternative universe we would have gotten water dragon Lilith.

So is that concept art or actually part of her transformation state?

On 4/30/2019 at 4:39 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

I from what I have gathered both are descendants from Valla royalty. However the graph wants to give the impression that they are distantly related.

So are they still cousins or distant ones?

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So is that concept art or actually part of her transformation state?

So are they still cousins or distant ones?

Concept art of Lilith as a more adult dragon. I would assume in a scrapped draft she would be a playable unit after feeling her enough. This is her actual appearance in the game.

latest?cb=20190503162918

Corrin: Lilith? Is that you? What…ARE you?
Lilith: Lord/Lady Corrin… I knew this day would come eventually. This may come as a shock, but I am not a human.
Corrin: Well, I can see that. Are you a dragon?
Lilith: Yes, this is my true form. You’ve seen it before. Do you remember? That strange bird you rescued in the barn…
Corrin: That… was you…?
Lilith: It was. Once I recovered, I was able to take human form. You were so kind to me that I decided to remain a human that I might serve you. But now I used a power that goes beyond the capacity of a human body. I will not be able to return to that form. I don’t mind, though. The most important thing to me is that you’re safe…

As for the second question, I would say that Corrin and Azura are distantly related by several generations. While Warriors is a spin-off Azura says that they are not blood-related. It's better for IS to say that they both share the same  Valla blood through an ancestor rather than have kissing cousins.