Best Units With 0 Investment?

Jotari

I'm going to come out and say it, Surtr is an absolute beast right out the gate. So many of the hardest maps in the game can be trivlized by just sticking him in a choke point. The only thing he lacks upon summoning him is some kind of self healing ability. What do you think, if Skill Inheritance suddenly vanished, who would the best units in the game be?

Edited by Jotari

39 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It's Surtr. There's no question about it.

Changed the criteria to plural so we can get a bit more talk about it.

30 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

This could have been a good question if it was in general fire emblem, ahhhhhhhh the flame war would be epic.

Might do that later. Although the answer would probably be all the Gotohs of the series, unless people factor availability (in which case it could be POR Stefen because he has end game stats at the mid point of the game afaik)

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Changed the criteria to plural so we can get a bit more talk about it.

Might do that later. Although the answer would probably be all the Gotohs of the series, unless people factor availability (in which case it could be POR Stefen because he has end game stats at the mid point of the game afaik)

Marcus FE7 would be a strong candidate, there are uses for him even at base. And he can still fight well because of his absurdly high strength and skill. Actually Seth too and while I would sya Titania, she relies more on her good growths to stay relevant than supreme bases, she isn't one rounding things for so long like Marcus is.

Surtr is probably the best along with Azura. But I'd argue Brave Hector is also up there because the only thing underwhelming about him is his C skill but it's completely usable. L!Tiki's base kit is amazing as well. 

Edited by Icelerate

As a standalone unit, Surtr is the best by far. But as a team player, Legendary!Azura is the best due Prayer Wheel's effect.

The problem with this question being in FEH is that it's gotten to be that the later the unit is created, the better they'll be on release (whether due to their statline, their skills — which often start out with 5 slots instead of 4 — or their unique weapon and class combination). This is a question that never has an answer for long.

Best units out of the box? Let's see:

• Marth: Hero King - pretty solid set, big boy dragon counter
  • Aversa: Dark One - all you really need is her weapon
  • Tibarn: Lord of the Air - very solid, very strong
  • Lucina: Glorious Archer - fun right out of the box. Future Vision is the main reason you want her.
  • Azura: Vallite Songstress - Prayer Wheel+Gray Waves+Atk Tactic, already set. Aerobatics is the cherry on top.
  • Naesala: Sky's Shadow - honestly, he already has the skills he deserve the most.
  • Hector: Brave Warrior - got DC and almost guaranteed doubles, he'll give you what you want right from the start
  • Hector: Marquess of Ostia - He can counter a lot alone.
  • Ephraim: Sacred Twin Lord - Garm+Armor March is a strong combination to start with. His entire set is pretty solid.
  • Surtr: Ruler of Flame - Cancer set
  • Lewyn: Guiding Breeze - not only a perfect weapon, but the skillset is also premium and supports him very well
  • Xander: Dancing Knight - solid defense, anti-cav set and can dance. Very useful
  • Veronica: Brave Princess - just like Aversa, you only want her for her weapon. Also has Wrathful to support it.

I think I just have a different view than a lot of people here. Without the following four I wouldn’t be where I am, then a few others added that have been perfect.

Fjorm - She’s just perfect as a defender close and far.

Brave Veronica - Her immediate skill set doesn’t need much more.

NY Micaiah - She dances and takes out armors and horsies at will. Without her I couldn’t have gotten past most levels. Plus, with no investment she one hits most Surtrs for me.

Legendary Ike - Similar to Fjorm, unless you run into blue magic he can withstand a hit from about anyone. He also self heals.

With those four, I get pushback; but there is a reason I maxed out HM with those four - they didn’t need investment and were easy to use.

Outside of them, I agree with a lot of the above, except I don’t have them. I chose Brave Lucian, but wish I would have chosen Brave Lyn. Surtr has still broken the game. I hate seeing Archer Lucina and Flora on a map. Duma does a lot of work without investment. Like someone else said earlier Nino and Tharja are amazing because of bladetomes. Then round out with Eir, Tibarn and Reinhardt for obvious reasons.

23 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I think I just have a different view than a lot of people here. Without the following four I wouldn’t be where I am, then a few others added that have been perfect.

Fjorm - She’s just perfect as a defender close and far.

Brave Veronica - Her immediate skill set doesn’t need much more.

NY Micaiah - She dances and takes out armors and horsies at will. Without her I couldn’t have gotten past most levels. Plus, with no investment she one hits most Surtrs for me.

Legendary Ike - Similar to Fjorm, unless you run into blue magic he can withstand a hit from about anyone. He also self heals.

With those four, I get pushback; but there is a reason I maxed out HM with those four - they didn’t need investment and were easy to use.

Outside of them, I agree with a lot of the above, except I don’t have them. I chose Brave Lucian, but wish I would have chosen Brave Lyn. Surtr has still broken the game. I hate seeing Archer Lucina and Flora on a map. Duma does a lot of work without investment. Like someone else said earlier Nino and Tharja are amazing because of bladetomes. Then round out with Eir, Tibarn and Reinhardt for obvious reasons.

Reinhardt isn't that great without investments as he really wants Death Blow to ensure his kills. Vantage is also rather useless on him.

Edited by Jotari