Pokémon Sword and Shield News and Discussion: Isle of Armor out now

Lightchao42

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

We now have a Magikarp event going on in the Wild Area where the Magikarp have a good chance of being shiny good compared to usual shiny rates anyways and where the raids usually yield several Nuggets (you’re at least guaranteed a Big Nugget). The event will run until January 3rd.

I myself have already gotten a 5 IV too bad the sixth IV is a 0 though shiny Magikarp from this event.

Money is going to be no obstacle after this. Not that it really was, to be honest.

34 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That was literally addressed in the post above mine.

Well, as they say, reading is hard.

3 minutes ago, Dai said:

Money is going to be no obstacle after this. Not that it really was, to be honest.

Yeah, money grinding was never particularly hard with running G-Max Meowth in the Champion Cup rematchs as long as Allister (since I have Shield) and/or the rando Ghost trainer stay away of course. The Magikarp raids are just even easier (to the point where you literally have to go out of your way to lose one, even with the AI) and quicker.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:23 PM, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, money grinding was never particularly hard with running G-Max Meowth in the Champion Cup rematchs as long as Allister (since I have Shield) and/or the rando Ghost trainer stay away of course. The Magikarp raids are just even easier (to the point where you literally have to go out of your way to lose one, even with the AI) and quicker.

I still haven't beaten the game. =\ It took a lot to get into it, not to mention my ass work schedule at present. It is nice finally finding a shiny Magikarp, though. It even has the square sparkles.

Edit: So, I just booted up the game again for the first time in a few days since saying this since I've been at work. My first raid is, yet again, a square sparkle, shiny Magikarp.

Edited by Dai

7 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

A Pokémon Direct is happening this Thursday.

Seems a bit early for one don’t you think? Well I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what’s in store I suppose 

50 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

A Pokémon Direct is happening this Thursday.

That's an odd timing. Pokemon already released its big game very recently. Everyone is waiting on Nintendo's plans for the new year and they limit themselves to one series which already blew its load not too long ago. 

The idea that the first direct of the year is a pokemon one was pretty disappointing. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's an odd timing. Pokemon already released its big game very recently. Everyone is waiting on Nintendo's plans for the new year and they limit themselves to one series which already blew its load not too long ago. 

The idea that the first direct of the year is a pokemon one was pretty disappointing. 

Yeah. Disappointment is the word I'd use. Granted, I don't even like Pokemon much anymore, but this was the time for a general direct, not a franchise specific.

Hopefully they're just wiping the slate for a real direct later this month.

Edited by Etheus

This is a thing, and it pleases me greatly, but while I'd go nuts if this Direct really did announce Sinnoh remakes, it does feel a bit early for a mainline game announcement, even if it was for remakes. I still hope there is some great stuff to see though!

It's probably going to be about Pokemon Home, at least, it's what I expect. We still don't know anything about it, but I also don't expect anything more than it to be Pokemon Bank 2.0.

If remakes are involved, though...I'm so skeptical about the remakes right now. What with how Sword and Shield were treated, and the way the last remakes went half a decade ago good lord, that's incredible to think it's been that long already, I'm not so certain I want remakes.

I'm just hoping for a Mystery Dungeon announcement (just please don't let it be mobile shit) If remakes are involved I'm glad it's DiaPer taking the bullet on this one and not BW.

Hopefully GF will get their mess sorted out by the time BW remakes come along so that they'll get treated better otherwise I guess it's just spin-offs for me since the main games have been a huge letdown since the shift to 3D

5 hours ago, Flere210 said:

The only announcement that could please me right now is a gap year of GF, because the yearly model is not working well.

I think SwSh still came out okay but the devs def need more time to polish these games. But that might mean slowing down the anime too and I'm not sure if TPCI would let that happen 😞

30 minutes ago, Quiyonce said:

I think SwSh still came out okay but the devs def need more time to polish these games. But that might mean slowing down the anime too and I'm not sure if TPCI would let that happen 😞

I don't get this "TPC won't let that happen" talk. Nintendo, Creatures, and GF own TPC. TPC isn't it's own independent company and definitely not the one dishing out orders to the rest. If GF doesn't have enough dev time it's because they themselves are the ones rushing out games and not because TPC is breathing down their necks to push games out faster for the anime. Plus, the anime can just do it's own thing while waiting for the next gen games to come out. It's not like they haven't done that before or still even now. The new series as is couldn't be more disconnected from the actual games.

SWISH EXPANSION PASS

MORE MONS

MORE GALARIAN FORMS

MORE G-MAXES INCLUDING STARTERS

That’s a LOT MORE LIKE IT

And yes, there is a pessimistic side to me thinking they did this on purpose to sell more game, but a lot of stuff is still exciting to look at.

Edited by Dai

15 minutes ago, Dai said:

And yes, there is a pessimistic side to me thinking they did this on purpose to sell more game, but a lot of stuff is still exciting to look at.

Yeah, but knowing GF, this will be reasonably priced and it looks like a shit ton of content! IT'S INCREDIBLE.

I'm disappointed at that Mystery Dungeon remake though. I saw 2006 on the screen and I was going "YES SINNOH!" because that was when Diamond and Pearl released. Only to be disappointed there. 😕

Edited by Anacybele

Yes! Mystery Dungeon isn't dead after all! I was bit skeptical when they announced a remake since I thought it'd be pretty much the same game as before but with touched up graphics but I'm glad that I was quickly proved wrong with pokemon after gen 3 being shown and megas appearing. So hype about that! Only thing that would have made it better is if it was an explorers of sky remake instead but this is still amazing.

As for the expansion pass. It looks scummy to me. The game was so bare bones to begin with so it seems like it was intentional that way to sell the dlc that should have been there to begin with. Also, $90 total for base game + dlc plus whatever you have to pay for home and still can't be bothered to give a national dex. I'll hold off on any more criticism though because who knows, maybe the dlc will be huge and overcompensate for the base game after all but I highly doubt it.

MD remake is cool. It was my first game on the DS so there's a lot of nostalgia. The water colory look is nice.

The expansions might be an excuse for me to get Sword I guess. Haven't been into Pokemon for so long. I'll have to see the expansion pricing.

Free update is nice for those that want more Pokemon in the game tho for a lot of people it seems too little too late

The Rescue Team remake could've been the only thing announced and it would've been perfect. This also opens the door for an Explorers remake.

As for the SwSh expansion pass lmaooooo. It's basically just a postgame that should've been there from the start. Not only that but it's gonna have *some* of the cut Pokemon. It's basically Game Freak trying to justify the cuts.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's basically just a postgame that should've been there from the start.

Yeah, a post-game that looks more massive than any we've seen in the series before other than the Johto games. I'll take this over something that would've been rushed and subpar otherwise any day.