Pokémon Sword and Shield News and Discussion: Isle of Armor out now

Lightchao42

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... It's kinda said that we are getting a expansion pass instead of a 3rd version, because my main problem with Sword/Shield is the story... or the lack of story... which could be fixed in a 3rd version.

Doesn't look like teh story will receive any change with these expansions.

That's too bad, there was plenty of potential there, too. A 3rd version would be neat!

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... It's kinda said that we are getting a expansion pass instead of a 3rd version, because my main problem with Sword/Shield is the story... or the lack of story... which could be fixed in a 3rd version.

Doesn't look like teh story will receive any change with these expansions.

I think it would like a sequel a bit better than a 3rd version to be honest, given how much we see about how the characters have actual goals for the future that we see them work towards a bit but never really see them work with. It'd also be a better excuse to change the Gym leaders and types than a third version would have, given what we know about Galar's Gym Challenge.

It'd also just... be more original and fun.

2 minutes ago, Emerson said:

I think it would like a sequel a bit better than a 3rd version to be honest, given how much we see about how the characters have actual goals for the future that we see them work towards a bit but never really see them work with. It'd also be a better excuse to change the Gym leaders and types than a third version would have, given what we know about Galar's Gym Challenge.

It'd also just... be more original and fun.

Yeah. A sequel would be nice... But at this point, I am just waiting for the possibility of Gen 4 remakes now...

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. A sequel would be nice... But at this point, I am just waiting for the possibility of Gen 4 remakes now...

Honestly there's a damn lot of suggestion we'll get some, given the weird lack of a lot of Sinnoh Pokemon getting TM/TR updates in Home, as well as the Co-op mode possibly being connected to the future of the Underground, but on the other hand, the DLC2 Legendary line-up includes the Gen 4 legendaries, so, yeah. At this point its pretty up in the air.

35 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Honestly there's a damn lot of suggestion we'll get some, given the weird lack of a lot of Sinnoh Pokemon getting TM/TR updates in Home, as well as the Co-op mode possibly being connected to the future of the Underground, but on the other hand, the DLC2 Legendary line-up includes the Gen 4 legendaries, so, yeah. At this point its pretty up in the air.

I don't know if this means anything... having a lot of legendary Pokémon from others games isn't a new thing...

Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire had those portals that have legendaries, while Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon had the Ultra Wormholes. And Gen 4 Legendaries in Sword & Shield are behind a paid wall instead of being in the main game.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't know if this means anything... having a lot of legendary Pokémon from others games isn't a new thing...

Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire had those portals that have legendaries, while Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon had the Ultra Wormholes. And Gen 4 Legendaries in Sword & Shield are behind a paid wall instead of being in the main game.

It's really just a new scenario, we've never had the "Mass Legendary Capture" like ORAS, USUM, and minorly HGSS and B2W2, (assumedly) before the final game of the Generation. Across every Generation, never have we had a Legendary double up outside of sister versions like RS and E, DP and Pt, etc. New Games and Remakes within 1 Generation have never shared Legendaries, and especially never ones from previous gens.

So now we come to the point where we have to assume, either there's going to be 2 opportunities to obtain all the Sinnoh Legendaries within 1 Generation and we break previously established facets of how Pokemon distribution within a Generation functions, or there's simply no Sinnoh remakes and most, or all, Pokemon will be fully obtainable within Sword and Shield itself.

The real issue is that still doesn't explain why so many Pokemon, specifically a lot being from Sinnoh, are lacking a TM/TR movepool. That one point is making the whole situation hazy, since that alone is a heavy suggestion that they're planned to be excluded from Sword and Shield DLC, which in prior games (RS, DP, XY) has been a trait of the game which got a remake. RS lacked a lot of Kanto mons, DP lacked a lot of Johto mons, XY lacked a lot of Hoenn mons. Sword and Shield, as we currently are able to observe, lacks a lot of Sinnoh Pokemon, even including DLC.

And regarding it being behind a paywall, 3rd versions are basically just a glorified Revision + DLC as it is, so I don't see the situation changing much just because it's directly DLC to the original game. Platinum added the Legendary Birds, USUM added all the Legendaries, it's the same thing.

Edited by Emerson

31 minutes ago, Emerson said:

It's really just a new scenario, we've never had the "Mass Legendary Capture" like ORAS, USUM, and minorly HGSS and B2W2, (assumedly) before the final game of the Generation. Across every Generation, never have we had a Legendary double up outside of sister versions like RS and E, DP and Pt, etc. New Games and Remakes within 1 Generation have never shared Legendaries, and especially never ones from previous gens.

So now we come to the point where we have to assume, either there's going to be 2 opportunities to obtain all the Sinnoh Legendaries within 1 Generation and we break previously established facets of how Pokemon distribution within a Generation functions, or there's simply no Sinnoh remakes and most, or all, Pokemon will be fully obtainable within Sword and Shield itself.

The real issue is that still doesn't explain why so many Pokemon, specifically a lot being from Sinnoh, are lacking a TM/TR movepool. That one point is making the whole situation hazy, since that alone is a heavy suggestion that they're planned to be excluded from Sword and Shield DLC, which in prior games (RS, DP, XY) has been a trait of the game which got a remake. RS lacked a lot of Kanto mons, DP lacked a lot of Johto mons, XY lacked a lot of Hoenn mons. Sword and Shield, as we currently are able to observe, lacks a lot of Sinnoh Pokemon, even including DLC.

And regarding it being behind a paywall, 3rd versions are basically just a glorified Revision + DLC as it is, so I don't see the situation changing much just because it's directly DLC to the original game. Platinum added the Legendary Birds, USUM added all the Legendaries, it's the same thing.

They still can give alternative forms for the ones in the remakes, I guess...

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

They still can give alternative forms for the ones in the remakes, I guess...

They'd 100% have alternate forms which is kinda the way I'm trying to justify them being in SwSh too.
In any case I'd say the evidence for it getting a remake is stronger than it not, so hold out hope.

21 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This is probably because The Pokemon Company wants to a GS Cup for VGC, which is bring two box art legendaries for battle. They are being included for the sake of origin marking rule, so everyone has an equal chance.

I think my favorite thing about this expansion is the inclusion of Max Soup. Getting a particular Gigantamax Pokemon will be less of a nightmare now, as you can simply breed whatever Pokemon you need, and turn it into a G-Max Pokemon. Unless the Pokemon's better off as a plain old Dynamax, like Charizard or Drednaw.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

There's also going to be a new announcement in this, so I'm hoping for Sinnoh remakes, as usual. Though it may be a bit early for those still.

Way too early. I don’t expect it until at least next year. Why kill whatever hype for this year’s DLC?

39 minutes ago, Dai said:

Way too early. I don’t expect it until at least next year. Why kill whatever hype for this year’s DLC?

Who said anything about killing that hype? I'd still be hyped for both and I'd think many others would too.

The dlc was honestly a good improvement, especially its wild area (not defending SwSh since it's just content that should've been in the base game to begin with) but yeah following pokemon were implemented in the most garbage way imaginable which baffles me because they had implemented them perfectly in LGPE aalready.

The following Pokemon feature is rather weirdly implemented, and I hope it's fixed with an update in the future. But I think the DLC is great so far otherwise and proving to be worth the money.

Pokemon Presents 6/24 Hopes and Predictions:

Hopes:

-Poke Park 3

-Gen 4 remakes

Predictions:

-Let's Go Johto

-Pokken 2

-More info on Crown Tundra 

Edited by Bk1234

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Hopes:

-Poke Park 3

-Gen 4 remakes

OMG, yes to both of these! But I also agree that a Johto version of Let's Go seems more likely right now, unfortunately. It really should wait imo, it's not fair that Johto gets remade twice in the time Sinnoh has existed before Sinnoh gets remade even once... Also, I feel like Sinnoh remakes are requested more.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

OMG, yes to both of these! But I also agree that a Johto version of Let's Go seems more likely right now, unfortunately. It really should wait imo, it's not fair that Johto gets remade twice in the time Sinnoh has existed before Sinnoh gets remade even once... Also, I feel like Sinnoh remakes are requested more.

Yeah, Sinnoh remakes are highly requested. However, knowing GameFreak and the Pokemon Company we're going to get Let's Go  Johto...😒

34 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, Sinnoh remakes are highly requested. However, knowing GameFreak and the Pokemon Company we're going to get Let's Go  Johto...😒

Yeah, well, the Gold and Silver remakes were highly requested and we got them. So were the Hoenn ones.

Edited by Anacybele

Honestly I'm actually voting for us to get Let's Go Johto.
Not only would it give more time for them to work on what's coming next for the mainline after SwSh*, it'll, frankly, probably being the most balanced gameplay of the Johto games. GSC level curve is absolutely garbage (among numerous other issues) and HGSS didn't fix the curve that much, so honestly Let's Go Johto might end up being a better gameplay experience than the originals and remake, although I doubt it'll reach HGSS's raw content. Given they hopefully also took feedback on LGPE and removed the less enjoyable things, I do have a bit of faith in it. Plus, if the mascots aren't Pikachu and Eevee, it'll be a BIG breath of fresh air.

* (As is, there's about 1 year of pre-production and 2 years of production, assuming we don't get another main title between SwSh and the next game, whether it be a new game entirely or a remake. Adding a Let's Go to the mix between them would give another year of production, meaning hopefully higher quality.)

But honestly, the dream right now for me personally is actually a Colosseum remake. I wasn't 100% on board for the idea before, but the previous Presents had a looootta Colosseum available mons in the back, including Espeon and Umbreon specifically, the dark Pikachu plushie, and, the kicker for me, Genius Sonority made Pokemon Cafe Mix (which by the way, is out now, and extremely goddamn cute). Not that they haven't worked on spinoffs before, but they haven't exactly done anything at all in the last few years, and I doubt Cafe Mix is the only project. Either they're being outsourced for a project right now, or they're cooking something. ... Buuuuut that's just the conspiracy theorist in my talking.

...Wow. Just wow. I'm massively disappointed. I expected Sinnoh or a Johto Let's Go game, not this. This is not what I'd call a "big project" at all. Way to hype me up for fucking nothing, GameFreak.

I've lost all hope now for Sinnoh. They just don't care what fans really want.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow. Just wow. I'm massively disappointed. I expected Sinnoh or a Johto Let's Go game, not this. This is not what I'd call a "big project" at all. Way to hype me up for fucking nothing, GameFreak.

I've lost all hope now for Sinnoh. They just don't care what fans really want.

I'm disappointed as well. We probably just got a pay-to-win game. They didn't even give us a release date. The fact that they don't know what fans want is disgusting. Saying "big project" implies a main series game... 😡