Pokémon Sword and Shield News and Discussion: Isle of Armor out now

Lightchao42

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ah, yeah, that's a good point. Though I'm not getting my hopes up. The same guy who correctly said the games' names as well as what the region's based on also says armored evolutions are going to happen.

Stranger things have happened.
At the very least, if that is the truth, Flygon is finally getting some love, and Zeraora, which I personally love, is too. So it's not all bad.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Emerson said:

Stranger things have happened.
At the very least, if that is the truth, Flygon is finally getting some love, and Zeraora, which I personally love, is too. So it's not all bad.

True. Though they're not any of my favorites, they did at least not have any Megas or anything.

So it's been three months since SnS have been announced, but fortunately the information drought will be over soon.

15 minutes is quite long, so hopefully we'll get the mascots and a decent amount of new Pokémon announced.

That’s nice, I was really craving some new news for a while. I guess this means that Sword and Shield won’t have much attention (if any) when E3 hits, but historically Pokémon rarely ever gives new information during E3 anyways and often just regurgitates what we already know. We should have seen this coming lol.

My predictions are it’s going to show the official art for the trainers, the professor, the box legendaries, and the rival. Maybe a couple standard rodent/bug/bird Pokémon, a gym leader, some other potential major character like Lillie or N, the bad team, and a (couple of) minor feature. Probably nothing huge yet, but enough to get our feet wet and keep the hype going.

Man, that's early. But hopefully I can watch it and I won't be working. I can't try to call off, it's too short notice. The schedule would already be made. Can't wait to see what's revealed regardless though!

On 5/14/2019 at 8:44 AM, Glennstavos said:
Not the single game focused Direct I expected we'd get before E3. My money was on Pokemon. 

When you're right, you're right

They're also going to do a conference tomorrow to talk (presumably) about pokemon titles that are not sword and shield. Kind of like that mystery conference last year where we first learned about Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee. I think it's a liiiiittttle too soon for us to be hearing about Pokemon Let's Go Togepi and Let's go Larvitar coming in 2020, so what could it be? Probably a new mobile game of some kind. Maybe they'll try a seventh time (but who's counting?) at making a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game? Are there any other pokemon spinoff series' that haven't fallen by the wayside and in need of a Switch iteration? 

As for what I want to see from the Direct...I'm already bummed out by this game. The most important thing I wanted was the non random battles of Pokemon Let's Go, and we see what appears to be a random battle in the last trailer. I guess some new pokemon designs might bring me back. Anything that doesn't look like a Funko Pop like our starters do. And hey do the alolan forms things again. Obviously we're not IN Alola, but regional variants are a wonderful excuse to innovate on some previous pokemon. 

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I think it's a liiiiittttle too soon for us to be hearing about Pokemon Let's Go Togepi and Let's go Larvitar coming in 2020

Oh my god, I would actually be on board with having Larvitar as the starter for that. So they totally wouldn't.

For the conference, there's the chance that they'd mostly explain already announced stuff like Rumble Rush, but there's a lot of spinoffs that could get a shot, even Snap's not impossible (If very unlikely).

As for Sword and Shield, I just hope there's something to build upon after just how unnecessary US/UM were. 

On the topic of the conference, I think we’ll likely hear about the new mobile game from DeNA (same company who’s responsible for FEH, that Animal Crossing game, etc). Not to be confused with this new Rumble game, which is developed by someone else. Maybe a Pokémon gacha with human characters? Hehe. 

Outside of that, we’ll likely get a spin off or some other wild card. Not seeing any revivals though. I’m pretty sure the Mystery Dungeon is probably not going to be touched for a while, and does anyone really miss the Ranger games?

• 2 weeks later...

I just went on the website and looked at the main character part. Again: no redhead option. I just hope there's a barber in one of the cities that can dye the hair red.

Anyway; I saw the direct. I like the new Pokémon, I like the camera control and Wild Area, but I'm not sure about Dynamax. The Pokémon just... gets really big for three turns. It doesn't seem to have as much potential for creativity as Mega Evolution or z-moves. 

On 5/27/2019 at 7:28 PM, Dayni said:

Oh my god, I would actually be on board with having Larvitar as the starter for that. So they totally wouldn't.

For the conference, there's the chance that they'd mostly explain already announced stuff like Rumble Rush, but there's a lot of spinoffs that could get a shot, even Snap's not impossible (If very unlikely).

As for Sword and Shield, I just hope there's something to build upon after just how unnecessary US/UM were. 

My money's definitely on Togepi+Marill.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'd bet if they did that it's Togepi and Azurill.

Azurill isn't a gen 2 Pokemon, it's gen 3. By your logic, they would have used Pichu instead of Pikachu for Let's Go Pikachu and they did not. Because Pichu is gen 2, not gen 1.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Azurill isn't a gen 2 Pokemon, it's gen 3. By your logic, they would have used Pichu instead of Pikachu for Let's Go Pikachu and they did not. Because Pichu is gen 2, not gen 1.

Again I'm mistaken, thinking you could evolve your starter in Let's Go. It would be consistent with Let's go if they don't, my mistake (Again.).

Today it was announced that that Pokémon outside the Galar Pokédex can't be transferred to SnS, but beyond that we have two new Pokémon:

The doggo is Yamper, an Electric-type with the ability Ball Fetch, which lets it collect the first failed throw of a Poké Ball during a battle. Impidimp is a Dark/Fairy-type, a new type combination.

So, moving away from the National Dex fiasco; anyone want a Wooloo shearing minigame? I got the thought when I saw this tweet right here:

It’d make too much sense, seeing as shearing is necessary for sheep.

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

It’d make too much sense, seeing as shearing is necessary for sheep.

I don't know much about sheep, but I have heard they can get something bad to happen to them if they don't get sheared every so often, blockage?

If animal left on its own will produce so much hair that it'll harm itself from it, then I think that's a sign of how much humans have screwed with their DNA since domestication thousands of years ago. If animal rights groups ever reach an ideal world where the sheep no longer need be the tools of Humankind, and they don't want to just kill off all the sheep, breeders and scientists are going to have to undo the genetic modifications and "restore" the species back to its natural genome.

And thinking on this, the Mareep line is actually healthy in its evolutions, even though I used to dislike Ampharos somewhat due to losing all that fluffiness.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it hasn't been a month yet, so...

Gigantamaxing is a thing. Which seems to be a fusion of Z-Moves, Mega Evolution, and making the Pokemon MASSIVE. Kinda begs the question as to why Dynamaxing is a thing?

There's also a few new Pokemon as well.

I...still don't really know if I'd consider it completely enough to overturn the missteps Game Freak has been making lately, but I'll admit, I'm curious.

On 7/8/2019 at 9:35 AM, Dai said:

Gigantamaxing is a thing. Which seems to be a fusion of Z-Moves, Mega Evolution, and making the Pokemon MASSIVE. Kinda begs the question as to why Dynamaxing is a thing?

Maybe as a sop-up to all the Pokes without Gigantamaxing? 🤷‍♀️ So you don't make chardonnay when Gigantamax Charizard is a thing, and Stanler is left to rot in obscurity again?

It makes me sad as a pokémon fan, the quality of the animation is very bad for a home console game.

The Wii and Gamecube games had better animations.

• 3 weeks later...

Team Yell is kinda underwhelming.

I love that Bede looks like a smug asshole, tho.

And Obstagoon is, effectively, KISS.

Edited by Dai