Pokémon Sword and Shield News and Discussion: Isle of Armor out now

Lightchao42

This stuff makes me more excited for the games, I think Obstagoon looks cool! And regional variants outside gen 1 now makes me hope for some for gen 4. I'd still love something for Rapidash too though, be it a regional evolution or regional form or whatever. It's my favorite Pokemon behind Keldeo (and since Keldeo has its Resolute form, I don't think it needs anything new).

Also, that hangry mode for Morpeko. lol XD

I'd be even more excited though, if some of this hadn't already been leaked beforehand. The person that also leaked gigantamaxing also leaked Bede, Marnie, and Team Yell, all with 100% accuracy. They even mentioned that Team Yell were rabid fans of Marnie. This is why I really dislike leaks. Ruining the surprise is no fun.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling it now: Team Yell is not the true vilain team just like Team Skull.

The Weezing made me sigh, but this new Zigzagoon line is actually intriguing.

It's give me a little more hope, even with the 3DS graphics.

Spoiler

Credit to @HaychelDA on twitter. Obstagoon's design is okay but it's a bit weirdly proportioned. I think making it just a bit chubbier like in the picture makes it look better

Edited by Soapbar

51 minutes ago, Nym said:

Calling it now: Team Yell is not the true vilain team just like Team Skull.

Speaking of which, my own prediction is that Marnie turns out to be the leader of Team Yell, or at least a higher-up in it.

Anyway, as for new stuff, I didn't think they'd come up with a Poison/Fairy type, given that Fairy types are associated with nature, and Poison... yeah.

Galarian forms are a thing.

Galar Weezing is something I think I reject. The Zigzagoon one's also a bit eh, though the fact a post Gen 1 pokemon got these and an evolution is something. The typing seems awful though. Morpeko is the pikaclone that has a form change that makes it HANGRY and changes back after... what I wonder. Bede looks like a smug ass and from what I remember he'll have the other starter. Maybe we'll finally get a rival who gives a challenge for the first time since Hugh (Yeah I said it, X/Y's final rival battle barely counts imo). Yell also seems a bit odd, with Marnie possibly being their leader after all with they way this trailer's cut.

Isn't Bede a girl? She has feminine eyelashes and hair and a girly purple coat. Also, the name sounds girly to me too. At least the way I assume it's pronounced. Bee-dee.

EDIT: Never mind... Just found out that Bede is in fact NOT a girl. Just...I won't ever understand how this design is meant to be a boy.

Edited by Anacybele

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Isn't Bede a girl? She has feminine eyelashes and hair and a girly purple coat. Also, the name sounds girly to me too. At least the way I assume it's pronounced. Bee-dee.

EDIT: Never mind... Just found out that Bede is in fact NOT a girl. Just...I won't ever understand how this design is meant to be a boy.

I figured Bede was male the moment I saw him. He reminded me of this lad.

latest?cb=20140412005227

I’m still not really convinced, but I will comment on Galar Weezing’s second ability. It still pales in comparison to Levitate in Single Battles, but as a doubles partner, he can make some Pokemon super scary, like Slaking, Regigigas, or Golisopod.

23 minutes ago, Dai said:

I’m still not really convinced, but I will comment on Galar Weezing’s second ability. It still pales in comparison to Levitate in Single Battles, but as a doubles partner, he can make some Pokemon super scary, like Slaking, Regigigas, or Golisopod.

What is Galar Weezing's second ability, again?

Edit: Never mind. I looked it up.

Edited by Shadow Mir

22 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

What is Galar Weezing's second ability, again?

Edit: Never mind. I looked it up.

My bad. I said that as an “after the video” thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like these Galarian forms (Galarian Weezing is just hilarious). However, I still really want to see a Bagpipes Pokémon. This is a region set in the UK; it would be a seriously wasted opportunity if there isn't one. Perhaps Galarian Exploud could be bagpipes?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, cool, Farfetch’d has a...Galar evolution? I’m assuming? And I’m hearing this thing may be sword exclusive, at least its form?

Edited by Dai

13 minutes ago, Nym said:

Yup seems exclusive to Sword.

Also it becomes just a Fighting type? Why not Flying/Fighting like Hawlucha?

Assuming the explanation will be that his poor ass can’t fly because his wings are weighed down holding his gear or some such.

They finally did it.

Not gonna lie, me being burnt out with the series doesn't help my impressions, but I'm not a fan of it actually. It's like, the sword is too big to me and the art change is also a bit meh. Sirfetched has not convinced me.

Hell, it's smug and has a leaf shield. Smugleaf confirmed?

Farfetch'd finally has an evolution. Cool.

So, we have a Top Hat & Victorian Moustache, a Teapot, and a knight. When are we going to get a football (soccer ball in NA), phone booth, and bagpipes? Seriously; when are we going to get a bagpipe Pokémon? This region is supposed to be based on the whole UK, and we need to see some Scottish stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who never really minded this? I was never really a fan of grinding each individual Pokémon for hours and hours, so I just kinda...left them on the back burner, and regretted it when I got to the end.

With all my party getting EXP, not only is it evenly leveled, but it saves a lot of time that I could use to actually get through the story. Of course, grinding is still involved, but not so much it just about pads out the game.

Think of it like most RPGs; Kingdom Hearts for example. All the party gets EXP, but the difference between Kingdom Hearts and Pokémon post-XY, is that in the latter's case, the party member who's active in battles gets more than the rest of the party, whose spoils are divided.

TL;DR: I liked all my party getting EXP because it saves me a lot of time and trouble, which makes it more enjoyable for me than simply grinding each individual one for countless hours.

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

Am I the only one who never really minded this? I was never really a fan of grinding each individual Pokémon for hours and hours, so I just kinda...left them on the back burner, and regretted it when I got to the end.

With all my party getting EXP, not only is it evenly leveled, but it saves a lot of time that I could use to actually get through the story. Of course, grinding is still involved, but not so much it just about pads out the game.

Think of it like most RPGs; Kingdom Hearts for example. All the party gets EXP, but the difference between Kingdom Hearts and Pokémon post-XY, is that in the latter's case, the party member who's active in battles gets more than the rest of the party, whose spoils are divided.

TL;DR: I liked all my party getting EXP because it saves me a lot of time and trouble, which makes it more enjoyable for me than simply grinding each individual one for countless hours.

I agree with you, but I do think an option to turn it off for those who like it the other way better should be there too.

14 hours ago, Perkilator said:

getting lower EXP doesn't mean people grind more. It usually means people go to battles underleveled and thus having more of a challenge.

I played SuMo without EXP share, and it was a pretty damn nice challenge. With it alot of people who crave some challenge just find it braindead.

Also, there's no reason why the developers should just remove an option, but hey, it's Gamefreak, they are the masters of removing options and making the fans just accept it

When the news broke of 18 gyms I thought to myself "that sounds like a typo". Then people rationalized it with "one for each type!" and I was sucked in. Dang.

As for EXP Share being always on like in Let's Go, I suppose that's a loss but it barely registers among the top 5 or 10 problematic things about the game. People turning off that setting was the only way they'd fight with underleveled pokemon, adding to the challenge. As a longtime player I would love to get a taste of the older games challenging us with huge level gaps, but at the same time I always appreciated the exp share in how it lets you swap a new party member into the team without having to bend over backwards to feed them exp. They won't catch up in levels, but they'll be useable. And that eases the stress of choosing team compositions. Extra difficulty settings would solve many issues players have with difficulty, but it sounds like they're firmly against the idea.

3 hours ago, Perkilator said:

The live stream so far is just trees and mushrooms.

After 24 hours Todd Howard comes in like "have we waited long enough guys?", then plays the Fallout 76 teaser.