Pokémon Sword and Shield News and Discussion: Isle of Armor out now

Lightchao42

OH MY GOD I HOPE THIS IS TRUE! UNICORNS ARE MY FAVORITE AND PONYTA AND RAPIDASH ARE MY FAVORITE POKEMON NOT NAMED KELDEO!!

It's definitely some kind of Ponyta because I know my Ponyta! BUT IF IT'S ALSO FAIRY TYPE, MEGA YES!! Fairy is my favorite typing after Fire and if this is actually Fire/Fairy, MORE MEGA YES!! I've been wanting that type combination FOREVER!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw that too, OMG IT'S SO CUTE! It kinda looks like a BABY Ponyta! As in a pre-evolution!

I'M SO EXCITED! I'm glad I preordered the double pack now. WORTH IT!

IT'S STILL SO CUTE! I love it I love it I love I love it! Can't WAIT to see it EVOLVE!

And I can't wait to draw it asap! I'm definitely thinking it's a pre-evolution now, it looks smaller than regular Ponyta. Bigger head and smaller body in terms of proportion.

Edited by Anacybele

Here’s a picture of two of them pulled from the latest posts on Twitter. Their mane can also glow super bright.

Oh yeah, the camera cut out, followed by the sounds of galloping hooves and Rapidash’s cry.

Dunno why one doesn’t have a tail.

Edited by Dai

Here's a cuter picture that also shows the glow!

EGHhBFUW4AErf-k?format=jpg&name=large

One's nuzzling the other omg so adorable! 😄 And the glow is SO pretty! I LOVE THIS PONYTA SO MUCH! Sorry Keldeo, but I think you've been dethroned as my favorite Pokemon. Especially if Galarian Rapidash looks just as great or better!

(This screenshot isn't mine, btw.)

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Here's a cuter picture that also shows the glow!

EGHhBFUW4AErf-k?format=jpg&name=large

One's nuzzling the other omg so adorable! 😄 And the glow is SO pretty! I LOVE THIS PONYTA SO MUCH! Sorry Keldeo, but I think you've been dethroned as my favorite Pokemon. Especially if Galarian Rapidash looks just as great or better!

(This screenshot isn't mine, btw.)

Foregoing the folks that are obviously gonna claim MLP, the pastel and the glow kind of remind me of the 80’s. It’s rather glamorous.

18 minutes ago, Dai said:

Foregoing the folks that are obviously gonna claim MLP, the pastel and the glow kind of remind me of the 80’s. It’s rather glamorous.

Pff, they claimed MLP ripping with Keldeo too. And nothing came of that. Just because it's a pony doesn't mean it's ripping off MLP. But YES I agree! Glamorous indeed!

Edited by Anacybele

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Pff, they claimed MLP ripping with Keldeo too. And nothing came of that. Just because it's a pony doesn't mean it's ripping off MLP. But YES I agree! Glamorous indeed!

To be fair, I could actually see this being in there. It also doesn't make me hate this either, Prenyta looks alright enough.

Glam Ponyta doesn't fix everything else though.

3 hours ago, Druplesnubb said:

I mean My Little Pony is from the 80's so...

Yeah, but it didn't become nearly as popular as it is until Friendship is Magic came along.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:59 AM, Dai said:

Here’s a picture of two of them pulled from the latest posts on Twitter. Their mane can also glow super bright.

Oh yeah, the camera cut out, followed by the sounds of galloping hooves and Rapidash’s cry.

Dunno why one doesn’t have a tail.

Oh cool; so Galarian Ponyta's a Unicorn. I've been saying they need to show more Scottish Pokémon given all the Pokémon based on English caricatures and stereotypes in this game, and now we have Scotland's National Animal. Cool. 

I had been predicting that there would be a Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash ever since the game was announced. I was right. But I was wrong about what it would be. I thought it would be Water & Grass Type, have a seaweed mane, and be inspired by Kelpies from Scottish Folklore. 

Now I just need to see a bagpipe Pokémon of some sort. Come on Galarian Loudred…

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

If we want something else Scottish based, why not a Pokemon based on the Lochness monster? That's Scottish, isn't it? I'd say it could be a legendary.

True; that's another thing they could do, and it would be interesting to see. It would be a bit on-the-nose, but I suppose no less on-the-nose than a Tea Pokémon. 

I was mostly just expressing my surprise that I was right about a Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, but wrong about what it would be. 

23 hours ago, Anacybele said:

If we want something else Scottish based, why not a Pokemon based on the Lochness monster? That's Scottish, isn't it? I'd say it could be a legendary.

Inb4 Galarian Lapras.

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Oh; that's a neat idea. But, what does "Inb4" mean?

Shorthand for “In before”. Basically calling something happening before it does.

EGbQRSiXoAAy0Av?format=jpg&name=large

Well, according to Famitsu, Ponyta is Shield exclusive, and has a currently unknown ability called Pastel Veil.

Edited by Dai

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

Me too, the article suggests it’s a psychic type though, and pastel veil apparently protects and heals allies from Poison.

That is now outright confirmed, which is very curious. I didn't expect Psychic but it fits it quite well.