Pokémon Sword and Shield News and Discussion: Isle of Armor out now

Lightchao42

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

All owners of the eshop version, back up your saves if you can. The game is reported to have been deleting the save data of other games. 

3 hours ago, Gordin said:

Apparently some users reported this happening to some retail versions as well. Be careful!

3 hours ago, Dai said:

Didn’t think anything Could fuck Up as hard as Fallout 76, but GameFrEAk sure is trying.

FYI, this isn't a game problem. It appears this is an SD card problem specifcally with exFAT cards.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

FYI, this isn't a game problem. It appears this is an SD card problem specifcally with exFAT cards.

No idea how to check that. Someone said it somehow deletes Cloud saves, too? I doubt that part.

33 minutes ago, Dai said:

No idea how to check that. Someone said it somehow deletes Cloud saves, too? I doubt that part.

It definitly doesn't. Saves are stored in the Switch itself so in case you're SD card gets corrupted, the most you'll lose are screenshots and recordings.

Apparently it's not just deleting save files but bricking consoles too. This is the game that keeps on giving, albeit it's only giving crap.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

If it's an SD card problem why is it only popping up now and only with pokemon?

7 minutes ago, Dai said:

Not nearly as debilitating, if I recall.

7 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I thought piranha plant issue was different? Also, iirc it only affected Smash saves, not other games too.

Yes and no. The Plant issue only affecteted Smash but it deleted the save. The SwSh issue affects the SD card but the only thing you'll actually be losing are screenshots and recordings. Games downloaded to the SD card will simply need redownloading but the save data remains intact, as saves never go to the SD card.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes and no. The Plant issue only affecteted Smash but it deleted the save. The SwSh issue affects the SD card but the only thing you'll actually be losing are screenshots and recordings. Games downloaded to the SD card will simply need redownloading but the save data remains intact, as saves never go to the SD card.

Still kinda crap to redownload every game that got affected but good to know save files are still intact then.

9 minutes ago, Dai said:

Oh, gross.

As terrible as it is, the pack of small inflatable wailords look cute there.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

2 hours ago, Dai said:

Oh, gross.

Posting Pokebestiality is worthy of a topic closing. And why does Wailord have those white dots on its back? They look gamete-y to me.

The linked video is such a good comparison though. And as some posters on the vid pointed out, SwSh Wailord is a statue, it barely moves, while the other Wailords are heartily swaying around all with their mouth opening and closing, as the big jolly Pokemon should. 

Genius Sonority worked on Colosseum, XD, and Battle Revolution, all the glorious 3D games. They number only 22 currently, and I guess that might have been true back then too. If such a small handful of workers can with help from GF and others crank out such vibrant and scaled-properly models, graphics, and animations, why not rehire them? GS still has a Pokemon connection having worked on that awful Pokemon Shuffle. And the Colosseum/XD animations might have been improved Stadium ones, if true, then that means they could work on GF's XY animations.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

57 minutes ago, Dai said:

Crap. Mine is apparently exfat, from the looks of things. Puts a damper on actually playing to experience myself.

I hear it's only an issue if autosave and wi fi are enabled so turning them off should make it safe to play but yeah, I wouldn't risk it. Because you really do run the risk of bricking the console and not just data/sd card corruption.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I hear it's only an issue if autosave and wi fi are enabled so turning them off should make it safe to play but yeah, I wouldn't risk it. Because you really do run the risk of bricking the console and not just data/sd card corruption.

I went and simply reformatted the SD card. I couldn't copy any of my data over, so I'm simply redownloading the game data. I won't be playing anything anyway, since I have work for the next few days, so it can simply redownload in sleep mode for the time being.

Although...even wifi does it, too? Seriously, I know the exfat thing is more Nintendo's fault in this regard because this is a reoccuring bug, but jesus, this game really is the worst launch of a generation ever. I really wouldn't be surprised if they redirect everything to gen nine ahead of schedule or something.

I don't know what people really expected with Wailord's scaling in the game. It's honestly naturally so big that a number of them on the screen at once would just obscure the entire screen and that would be annoying. It's a bit weird to see it this much smaller than it really is, but I can see why this is the case.

Anyway, I got my double pack today and I'm playing Sword right now. And enjoying it, actually! The Wild Area is so cool, and the cutscenes are so well done imo. Also, Leon, you're such a fun showoff. XD I actually really like him already!

My team currently is:

Fluff (Scorbunny) lv. 11
Alya (Nickit) lv. 10
Sabrina (Yamper) lv. 10
Kaalki (Mudbray) lv. 14

My nicknaming theme is Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir since that show is my current obsession. lol Fluff and Kaalki are two of the creatures known as kwamis, with the former being the rabbit and latter being the horse. Alya is the best friend of Marinette/Ladybug, and she also gets the fox Miraculous and becomes Rena Rouge. And in that form, she actually looks a lot like Nickit! lol Sabrina is the character speculated to eventually get the dog Miraculous, so that's why I named Yamper that. I intend to get the new ladybug Pokemon and name it Marinette, of course. And get a Purrloin/Liepard and name it Adrien, because Adrien is Cat Noir. Both Liepard and Nickit are Dark types, I'm aware. So I won't be using both on the final team, I'll just use one or the other. Dunno which yet.

Of course, I also eventually want to trade for Galarian Ponyta. 😛 I think I'll get a female and name that one Rose because Rose in Miraculous was seen with a unicorn plush toy at one point. ...Despite there's a character in this game named Rose too. I still don't get why that's the chairman guy's name. Rose is a female name...

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

A) I don't know what people really expected with Wailord's scaling in the game. It's honestly naturally so big that a number of them on the screen at once would just obscure the entire screen and that would be annoying. It's a bit weird to see it this much smaller than it really is, but I can see why this is the case.

B) Despite there's a character in this game named Rose too. I still don't get why that's the chairman guy's name. Rose is a female name...

A) The problem is, is that it looks so silly now that we're on a bigger screen, with an in-game gimmick that makes things bigger than Wailord. Not to mention...

EJGnaVxWoAEI-Yw?format=png&name=small

Look at all this extra space. There's even more shots like that. They could feasibly just use camera angles and split screen if Wailord started to block too much, like they did with previous games.

B) Chances are, Rose is his surname.

Honestly...this game plays fine. Like a typical pokemon game...nothing amazing but it isn't the worst game of 2019 like how some people are making it out to be. You can criticize how Gamefreak handled the game in terms of the decisions they made and the PR, but objectively speaking, the game itself honestly isn't that bad.

Also...are people really that bothered about the size of Wailord lmao

2 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Honestly...this game plays fine. Like a typical pokemon game...nothing amazing but it isn't the worst game of 2019 like how some people are making it out to be. You can criticize how Gamefreak handled the game in terms of the decisions they made and the PR, but objectively speaking, the game itself honestly isn't that bad.

Ain't just him, tho. A lot of Pokemon have really wacky sizes.

Spoiler

ETERNATUS

Is even larger than Wailord, but he's made to appear smaller. It's just like...why bother adding Pokemon that large, if you're not going to keep them this way?

2 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Imo that's part of the problem. Mario, Zelda and even FE have had Switch games that change things up. The last big Pokemon change was 6 years ago and that was going 3D which is something most other franchises have done a lot sooner and even better.

As for the Wailord thing, yes that's a small thing obviously but some people wanted more from the first mainline console game. Mind you, Wailord actually looks good in Pokemon Battle Revolution and that was on the Wii and made by another developer.

Edited by Strullemia

8 hours ago, zuibangde said:

it's almost as if people on the internet are usually a bunch of whiners

(that said, pokemon has needed a paradigm change in forever. not like this is the first game in which it's been stale)

Edited by Tryhard

8 hours ago, zuibangde said:

The game isn't the worst game in existence but it's not amazing. Why settle for mediocrity when, as Strullemia has said, pretty much every othe Nintendo games (I'd add Luigi's Mansion to that list btw) went above and beyond to change and improve when they made their jump over to Switch?

I don't think most people really care about Wailord but when GF says they're cutting content and gives improves graphics as one of the reasons then people are gonna obviously scrutinize that aspect call out their bs when they don't deliver.

------------

Anyways, onto a more positive note, I really like most of the characters in this game. Even Hop and Sonia with their annoying stopping you every 3 steps are ok. At least it's not like XY where I can barely remember anyone, especially by name, outside of Karina. Raihan is a favorite for sure. I like a good narcissist and everything he does is so extra (except his gym challenge unfortunately)

Cockily taking selfies in the stadium:

Spoiler

3TtlBIL.jpg

QhrqfaO.jpg

EiSjM5y.jpg

zHhpxbz.jpg 

My final team ended up being:

Ardio (Cinderace) lv 62

Akane (Perrserker) lv 62

Hertz (Obstagoon) lv 62

Heinwald (Indeedee) lv 63

Amanto (Grimmsnarl) lv 62

Manic (Amped Toxtricity) lv 61

Minor screen change spoilers:

Spoiler

F1LNtkX.jpg

Crappy quality because felt too lazy too transfer Switch screenshot.

I was way over leveled for everything except Leon who actually had pokemon higher than me (levels 64 for all of them except Charizard at 65 iirc) Wish the other trainers would have been properly scaled too instead of constantly battling pokemon 5 - 10 levels lower for most of the game.

I might still get a legit used copy of Shield just to be able to play with friends.

20 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I still don't get why that's the chairman guy's name. Rose is a female name...

I thought Rose was a unisex name? Like what about Axl Rose? I don't know, if it was something like Claire or Jessica then yeah it'd be weird but Rose doesn't sound particularly feminine to me. Doesn't seem all that strange for a guy to have it.

6 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I thought Rose was a unisex name? Like what about Axl Rose? I don't know, if it was something like Claire or Jessica then yeah it'd be weird but Rose doesn't sound particularly feminine to me. Doesn't seem all that strange for a guy to have it.

I've just only ever heard of females having that name, personally.

The draw distance at its finest.

1 hour ago, Flere210 said:

I love how much of an ass Beet is. I named my Trubbish after him. I just started and i have decided nothing of my final team except for corviknight(too bad there is not single female KoTR, they should learn from the matters of France that had Bradamante)

Who's Beet??? Do you mean Bede? If so I agree I love the bratty asshole.