Legendary Hero Battle - Roy: Blazing Lion

Landmaster

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid

I thought the banner was releasing on today’s reset, so this was a surprise when I went to do my AR battle before bed last night...

And not a particularly fun one at that. My first successful attempt didn’t include Caeda, which was just completely unacceptable.

At least they didn’t put a trench tile above the Lance Cav.

Dang, xD A little Regret for not having L!Hector after seeing this.

Cleared the legendary hero battle on Abyssal normal though.

Used 2x L!Azura, Athena and Sonya. Glad that I did not fodder/merge my second L!Azura. Using 2 of them pays off. 

Edited by Stroud

Here is my Sibling team vs Roy on Infernal. Its not too difficult and Seliph's refine really helped with the difficult (blue blade tome) part.

I'll probably attempt a Abyssal one too, but that probably won't be a theme run. @Nanima

Edited by Sasori

39 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

My approach is a bit different, I'll post the video in ~5-6 hours from home. Spoiler:

Hide contents

Cherche kills Roy. 

HOW.

So far I’ve beaten up through Infernal, though I’m still trying to figure out how I managed that clear with my fliers. I completely forgot about Galeforce only activating once per turn and left Elincia in range of Roy and the green tome cavalier and Azura in range of the same cavalier and somehow they both survived (and actually helped me win it because at that point in the map that cavalier was my biggest problem and now Elincia could manage him). Not looking forward to Abyssal and I gotta say I really hate the panic ploy armor so much.

This one was a doozy to figure out the exact positioning, but I didn't have to do anything else besides switch some seals around on my initial infantry team. Julia, L!Ike, and B!Lucina as always, with L!Lucina as the spare of the week.

1. +Spd Julia+3: Divine Naga (Effect refine), Swap, Glacies, Fury 3, QR2, Drive Spd 2, Atk/Spd 2 seal
  2. Neutral B!Lucina+2: Reposition, Vantage 3, Drive Spd 2 seal
  3. Neutral L!Ike+1: Reposition, Axebreaker 3, QR3 seal
  4. +HP L!Lucina+2: Luna, Spd/Def 2 seal

I kept getting cooped up at the bottom of the map, and eventually I managed to finagle it so that Roy ran head-first into a B!Lucina-buffed Ike and got Aethered to death. Then it was up to Julia and L!Lucina to wipe out the survivors.

I guess you could say the Blazing Lion got shot down...in a blaze of glory.

QNPgJW8.png?1POPDPOL.png?1

Why is refined Ragnarok so good, even in the hands of a non-Atk asset Celica? I barely even struggled with this one. Also, shout-out to smol Azura for dealing with the blue tome flier w/Vantage and for whittling down the initial blue mage.

Perhaps now that I have legendary Azura, I can actually succeed in melting that asshole Hrid on Abyssal for good too.

Abyssal Roy in one turn:

First I was shocked by the far Cav, but he didn't prove a big problem in the end. Cherche shines here and Hector gets more active than the last time. Enjoy! 

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

HOW.

Haha, perhaps I exaggerated a bit. Cherche got only the finishing blow. 

2 hours ago, Alcyone said:

got a one turn clear too, at the cost of 20k feathers to give lucina brave bow.

That's an awesome Eliwood, my Roy wasn't able to kill Leg Roy. Very nice one turn clear, congrats! 

@mampfoid

Darn it, you had me hyped for a 100-0.

Nice use of Drag Back there! Repositioning Cherche to deal with the Lance Cav was a nice touch as well.

Re. Escutcheon/Azura: yeah, that was fortunate. Not much more I could’ve done to tank her Atk Stat...Fortress Def, I guess.

Oh, I'm finally not that late to some clears.

@LordFrigid

Wow, that was pretty great. Hector not only throwing people around, but actually fighting and of course helping with the special cd. Charging and using Blazing Light to get Roy into kill range. But Azura WoM into killing into Galeforce into a dance (sing) has to be the best part, so cool. Well done!

@mampfoid

Oh L Lucina shenanigans, I like those. Haha, new Roy losing to old Roy only to be taken down by a green unit. That warp Reposition was also really nice to get the rest done in enemy phase.

Good job!

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@LordFrigid They really did put a fucking Vantage Blue mage in this lol.

Dragon Fang is your friend.

Seriously though, I just tried it. Dragon Fang will kill it. Nice change from the Duma B Tome Flier...*shudder*.

17 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Wow, that was pretty great. Hector not only throwing people around, but actually fighting and of course helping with the special cd. Charging and using Blazing Light to get Roy into kill range. But Azura WoM into killing into Galeforce into a dance (sing) has to be the best part, so cool. Well done!

Thanks! Yeah, this is the first time Hector has gotten to actually fight since Ursula Abyssal, iirc. Galeforce dancers are great. Azura puts in a lot of work on my Galeforce Raiding Party on non-light weeks as well.

39 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Dragon Fang is your friend.

Seriously though, I just tried it. Dragon Fang will kill it. Nice change from the Duma B Tome Flier...*shudder*.

Yeah, I did that too. I could still clear it with AoE Celica, just needed babby Azura to kill the flier instead.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Darn it, you had me hyped for a 100-0.

Lol, sorry for the click-bait. 

Now I should try for a Cherche kills only clear ...

Nice use of Drag Back there! Repositioning Cherche to deal with the Lance Cav was a nice touch as well.

Thanks!

I didn't even see Hector could have walked into the Cavs range like yours. Well, he'll probably use WoM and reposition also in the future.

Also forgot to equip Darting stance on Cherche, was surprised the Cav was that slow.

Re. Escutcheon/Azura: yeah, that was fortunate. Not much more I could’ve done to tank her Atk Stat...Fortress Def, I guess

There should be more possibilities, I had to use Fortress Def already a couple of times on internal maps.

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

Oh L Lucina shenanigans, I like those. Haha, new Roy losing to old Roy only to be taken down by a green unit. That warp Reposition was also really nice to get the rest done in enemy phase.

Good job!

Thanks!

I would have liked an PP only clear, but the Cav is really far away. Cherche could have reached him by killing the armor with Drag Back equipped and having 3-mov from L!Azura, but that would have made it harder to get the rest killed. Also the Firesweep Cav with Guard made it harder to kill the mage on PP. 

Woke up at 3 AM  and spent a couple hours figuring out a clear here:

I think I have a way to 1-turn it, but it requires SI I'm not willing to use yet.

A 2-turn is fine too. :v

@mampfoid @Landmaster @daisy jane @Sasori

Now to see if I can figure out Grima abyssal

@Alcyone I find it funny that Eliwood was the one that took out Roy given that Roy was the one trying to save the castle from a bandit invasion in his game.

@mampfoid I did not expect Cherche to be the one taking out the cavalier. The clear took a turn for the unexpected.

Drag Back continues to be my friend. Also opted for the Flier Formation seal on Elincia for a faster clear.

Spoiler

@Landmaster @mampfoid @LordFrigid @daisy jane

Roy's mother shows him the definition of tough love.

Feels good for the Abyssal maps to be hard again. This one took me a good number of tries because a lot of the things in the map had some form of effective damage on most of my team. The biggest problems were the Blue Flier and the Axe Fighter spawning in at the same time: both of them oneshot three of my units (the Flier's Blárraven+ will kill F!Grima if she's not under a Speed buff), and both ended up being super obnoxious to kill (the Axe Fighter for being flanked by L!Roy, the Blue Flier for having a fuckton of Speed). Despite not wanting to, I had to unbench Veronica so the Flier could be debuffed just enough for Titania to double him. Once I had control of his corner of the map, it became a matter of baiting the enemies and avoiding L!Roy until I could safely get B!Ninian into attack range.

e: Video redone with higher-quality familial abuse.

Edited by Some Jerk

I decided to record for once. I mostly did this to help see what I'm doing so I can get these done faster. Knowing how I got to certain positions helped a lot. 

Anyways, I spent a good few hours on this and the team changed a bit before I could clear Abyssal. This map is annoying but B!Ephraim, the god, was the mvp. H!Mia was amazing here and I didn't realize but she only had panic because of some earlier attempts and I was too lazy to switch to her usual weapon.

Took a lot of knocking my head against a table, but got Abyssal done~

Keaton was very much the star here~ But I had to keep a close eye on his Ignis charges. Since the Firesweep annoyance has Guard, Tiki needs to move first to not pass her Drive Atk to him or he won't be able to charge it for the Blue Mage. He also needed it charged and ready to go to kill Roy and the Bow Fighter~

Tiki herself had to run Ignis here since it's the only way she can one shot the Lance Cav and we need him gone in one round so he doesn't Drag her Back into harms way. Her Drive is needed for Lolizura's kill

Probably seemed like a strange choice to not let H!Myrrh kill the Green Cav but she needs to have her Aether when attacked by the Blue Flier to survive.

I'm happy that we got an Abyssal battle that's not just Myrrh eating the map for once~ On the contrary, I think the real hard carriers this time were Tiki and Keaton~ Myrrh did get to play around a bit at the end, so it felt much more like a team effort this time~

Replies time!

10 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I thought the banner was releasing on today’s reset, so this was a surprise when I went to do my AR battle before bed last night...

And not a particularly fun one at that. My first successful attempt didn’t include Caeda, which was just completely unacceptable.

At least they didn’t put a trench tile above the Lance Cav.

Wow Olwen, she’s quite unconventional and nice to see~ Not only did she get exact damage for her kill, but she also survived on 1 HP. Azura getting a kill, too, was really nice. Caeda with Brave Sword is also really cool~ Really nice change of setup for this clear, loved it!

9 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Went all out with Nowi's attack to be able to take out the green bow, so she didn't have much defenses as usual.  Thankfully the bottom right doesn't spawn reinforcements so it was a safe zone.

Wooo, I see you also gave your H!Nowi the Loyal Wreath~ It can really be nice for that extra damage and bulk and works well since she’s staying around the other Nowis~ Double Fierce Stance on main Nowi makes her super destructive. Awesome!

9 hours ago, Sasori said:

Here is my Sibling team vs Roy on Infernal. Its not too difficult and Seliph's refine really helped with the difficult (blue blade tome) part.

I'll probably attempt a Abyssal one too, but that probably won't be a theme run.

Sibling theme is cool, Seliph’s Miracle Effect is really awesome and something I want to play around with at some point~ Morgan with the Teddy Bear is so cute~ Julia handled that Red Manakete with no trouble at all. Minor close call with Lucina but otherwise, the map gave you no trouble~ Seliph taking on the Lance Flier at the end was quite impressive, too!

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Roy in one turn:

First I was shocked by the far Cav, but he didn't prove a big problem in the end. Cherche shines here and Hector gets more active than the last time. Enjoy! 

Roy VS Roy! Spreading the Spd Smoke was nice and Cherche getting the final blow on Roy was great~ And Hector got to fly in and contribute~ Congrats!

2 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Woke up at 3 AM  and spent a couple hours figuring out a clear here:

I think I have a way to 1-turn it, but it requires SI I'm not willing to use yet.

A 2-turn is fine too. :v

Now to see if I can figure out Grima abyssal

Using Drag Back on Minerva was pretty cool~ Close Counter Morgan was really nice, too~ She did a lot of work in this one~ Nice seeing her get a really active role this time~

Good luck with Grima! I'm still trying to beat her, too, haha~