Legendary Hero Battle - Roy: Blazing Lion

Landmaster

tumblr_pnmamxGamV1rj8duz_540.png

Turns out three dancers are better than two. Corrin flew around blowing things up, and after a few attempts to figure out how not to get swarmed early on, that was that.

Micaiah got to hit things a few times too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LordFrigid What happens if someday you can't use Caeda in a one-turn?

@mampfoid I was a bit surprised that Hector ended up tossing Cherche into the cav instead of him just killing the cav.

@Landmaster Keaton definitely did a lot of work. Did you have a Reyson or Leanne? It would have been even funnier if every member of your team was a Beast/Dragon. Human Virtue, heh.

@Alexmender @mcsilas @Zeo @JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I wanted to see if I could come up with something instead of just Celica and three dancers, and maybe use my shiny new +10 Maskcina a bit... And it worked out.

@mampfoid Aw, I as kinda hoping Cherche would handle him alone but finishing him off is still an achievement. Great use of Lucina here and that Hector reposition was smart and unexpected!

I know this isn’t a creative or unique clear but I feel really accomplished right now. It’s been a while since I solved one of these on my own without using ideas from others (like the breakable block trick for Duma).

F!Grima has to sit this one out unfortunately. She’s still able to tank Infernal but Abyssal tends to be too much for her, and I’ve been wanting to try out Legendary Azura on difficult content anyway. Grey Waves and Prayer Wheel are both absolutely ridiculous and essential here! The freaking blue tomebreaker green bow was the biggest obstacle until I remembered the brash assault seal existed (why haven’t i been using that longer?!). The green tome cavalier and the colorless archer deserve a shout out though for also being really close (actually had to upgrade my torrent dance seal just for that one because Elincia was coming up one atk short). This’ll be a good team for later Abyssals!

24 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@LordFrigid What happens if someday you can't use Caeda in a one-turn?

I’d probably settle for a subpar different team composition eventually. That “completely unacceptable” business was mostly hindsight-driven bravado.

Nice clear there. I see you tormenting that poor Armor with Setsuna’s 0x4, instead of just having Azura drop him. Close call with that Axe Cav, and overall a strong showing for your Marth’s first outing.

16 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I think I have a way to 1-turn it, but it requires SI I'm not willing to use yet.

Haha, I know that dilemma. If I think of of all those resources that went into my GF units ...

16 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

A 2-turn is fine too. :v

It is! Wow, that CC Morgan killing Roy and the mage was great! Poor Hinoka though. 

I'm curious for your 1-t solution (even if you won't do the necessary SI anytime soon). 

16 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoid I did not expect Cherche to be the one taking out the cavalier. The clear took a turn for the unexpected.

Haha, good I still can surprise. 

16 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Drag Back continues to be my friend. Also opted for the Flier Formation seal on Elincia for a faster clear.

Very nice Flier clear, hit & run at its best. Surprising how Flier Formation was useful that many times. 

16 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Roy's mother shows him the definition of tough love.

Wow, that looked like a tough puzzle for your team. So many close kills, and being barely out of range so many times. Great positioning and even if you didn't want to bring Veronica originally, it's cool to see her with CC. 

Grima being the über-tank like so often in your clears is great, Mythic boost helping her with some very close survivals. Ninian eating two hits from her son ("you hit like a girl") and dealing the one-shot in response ("THATS more like it") was hilarious. 

13 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Roy VS Roy! Spreading the Spd Smoke was nice and Cherche getting the final blow on Roy was great~ And Hector got to fly in and contribute~ Congrats!

Thanks! I'm a little sad Roy couldn't kill his legendary self, but this way it was perhaps more interesting. 

13 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Took a lot of knocking my head against a table, but got Abyssal done~

Hey congrats! I'm getting an headache seeing all those reinforcements (where the heck do they always come from?). 

Welcome to Ingis-land, wow you really burned this place. Keaton is such a monster (one-rounding Roy and a lot of others) ... I need him now. 

Vantage brave Ignis is now my new favorite move. Make Keaton a GF monster too! 

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@mampfoid I was a bit surprised that Hector ended up tossing Cherche into the cav instead of him just killing the cav.

Yeah, my brain is too much in knots seeing any obvious solution. 

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I wanted to see if I could come up with something instead of just Celica and three dancers, and maybe use my shiny new +10 Maskcina a bit... And it worked out.

Oh she worked very well! I also agree to Cordy quatting everyone. Perhaps I should enjoy also all those delicious reinforcements one day. 

9 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid Aw, I as kinda hoping Cherche would handle him alone but finishing him off is still an achievement. Great use of Lucina here and that Hector reposition was smart and unexpected!

Yeah, sorry I led to to the wrong trail, but Roy was pretty hard to kill for my non-blue units. 

9 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I know this isn’t a creative or unique clear but I feel really accomplished right now. It’s been a while since I solved one of these on my own without using ideas from others (like the breakable block trick for Duma).

Oh, very nice Fliers. I'm still using Camilla with her vanilla tome, but your +ATK Cam with Blade tome kicks this map! 

Congrats! 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! I'm a little sad Roy couldn't kill his legendary self, but this way it was perhaps more interesting. 

Hey congrats! I'm getting an headache seeing all those reinforcements (where the heck do they always come from?). 

Welcome to Ingis-land, wow you really burned this place. Keaton is such a monster (one-rounding Roy and a lot of others) ... I need him now. 

Vantage brave Ignis is now my new favorite move. Make Keaton a GF monster too! 

+10 B!Roy so he can destroy himself

INB4 the Enemy just Summon their reinforcements with their own orbs :eyes:

He is so good, I'm so glad they made him such a good unit, you should get him~~

I've seen Galeforce as a good option, I'll totally consider it~ Maybe when I have enough Beasts for a whole team~

36 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

+10 B!Roy so he can destroy himself

I would, if I could keep some orbs together and if would get a banner.

37 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

He is so good, I'm so glad they made him such a good unit, you should get him~~

Tried ... and got eldigan'ed.

38 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I've seen Galeforce as a good option, I'll totally consider it~ Maybe when I have enough Beasts for a whole team~

Dooooo it!

15 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Landmaster Keaton definitely did a lot of work. Did you have a Reyson or Leanne? It would have been even funnier if every member of your team was a Beast/Dragon. Human Virtue, heh.

I do have a 4* Reyson and I totally considered that, too, when I saw my team was almost all Beasts/Dragons~ I need to grind up and maybe try a run with him next time, haha~

Loved the music you chose~ This was an enjoyable clear to watch, Masked Lucina does a lot of work, Cordelia runs through most of the map, and Quadsuna saves them from that tanky Armor Knight at the end~ Nice job!

15 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I feel really accomplished right now. It’s been a while since I solved one of these on my own without using ideas from others (like the breakable block trick for Duma).

F!Grima has to sit this one out unfortunately. She’s still able to tank Infernal but Abyssal tends to be too much for her, and I’ve been wanting to try out Legendary Azura on difficult content anyway. Grey Waves and Prayer Wheel are both absolutely ridiculous and essential here! The freaking blue tomebreaker green bow was the biggest obstacle until I remembered the brash assault seal existed (why haven’t i been using that longer?!). The green tome cavalier and the colorless archer deserve a shout out though for also being really close (actually had to upgrade my torrent dance seal just for that one because Elincia was coming up one atk short). This’ll be a good team for later Abyssals!

Nice Flying Emblem~ Elincia and S!Camilla were a great tag team~ Desperation Brash Assault is a deadly combo~ Great work!

59 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I would, if I could keep some orbs together and if would get a banner.

Tried ... and got eldigan'ed.

Dooooo it!

Praying for B!Roy Banner~

Boooo, pesky Eldigans~

On my to do list~~

I cleared all of Roy!
Infernal was Elincia's last hurrah (for a while - I merged her into her +speed version so i have to get her back to fighting form. Hopefully she can make due w/less hp, and MORE SPEED.. i wish there were more sources for Brazen atk/speed....) (team: Elincia, Myrrh, Sakura (w/Ward Fliers), and Airzura. needed EVERY BUFF AND DRIVE. 

Abyssal was celica and her dancers. this took me the majority of the day, I figured it out, and then realised i had to remember what to do to record. 
I can't.
I'm sorry. 
it was awesome. (also. needed guidance 1, thankfully i had it from a Duma clear). but it just reminds me i need it to 100 percent .

congrats everyone who beat this too! 

@mampfoid a little bit disappointed, I thought I would see Roy kill his another self. Oh well , that ending with enemy phase from 2 places is impressive. Great job !

@mcsilas @Zeo I admit this map is quite hard but easier than Hrid's map in my opinion. It would be fun if i could let Shiro handle everything but there are too much mages in this map so he got a little hard time.

19 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid a little bit disappointed, I thought I would see Roy kill his another self. Oh well , that ending with enemy phase from 2 places is impressive. Great job !

Thanks!

Perhaps it would have been possible, but Roy was already near his max damage output (ATK Tactic, DEF smoke applied, no Summoner Support no Flowers though). There is no infantry effective Sword and L!Roys DEF was too high for Brave Sword shenanigans. 

I could bring a damage special, but then I would have to give the whole clear a complete overhaul ... I'll think about it. 

28 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@mcsilas @Zeo I admit this map is quite hard but easier than Hrid's map in my opinion. It would be fun if i could let Shiro handle everything but there are too much mages in this map so he got a little hard time.

Oh, for one time there is trouble, Shiro immediately brings his (dancing) dad? ;-) 

Siegbert showing Roy how to swing a sword and Kagero is a very effective sweeper. Looks like you had fun with this clear, congrats! 

@Landmaster

funny music for a cutesy team. Also whoa Keaton was quite the moster with his vantage brave strikes. Even colour disadvantage was not a big deal with Ignis

and yeah I thought teddy bear Morgan was a cute thouch too. I’d say go for it with Seliph’s regine too. Its surprisingly fun.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow, congrats ony our +10 Msakedcina, she worked out really great with DC Aether! Even held on at 1 HP in the middle before healing back up! Also nice finish with Setsuna, haven't seen her in a while.

@Ginko Surprised at no Brave Bow Roy against Roy, but I like seeing daddy Ryoma dance for his son and retainer. Kagero sure did some work, Bold Fighter works so good on her.

@mampfoid Awesome clear! Love how you managed to get Hector in there, and Cherche did an amazing job with those attacks. L!Lucina action was also nice and Roy vs Roy was well done.

@Landmaster Wow, really impressed with your Abyssal clear, Keaton is such a beast! Tiki also did a good job, Love the teamwork on that armour in the end though (so much HP)

@Zeo @NegativeExponents- @daisy jane @Azuris

So Roy battle? have a Hector! Or two. And some brides.

Team is +Def/-Spd Legendary Hector, +Res/-HP Brave Hector, +Atk/-HP Bride Ninian and +Def/-Spd Bride Lyn

Music is Belief from the King of Fighters XIV.

-L!hector's omnibreaker is amazing, and really saved me a lot of trouble with his limited movement. B!Hector's Bold Fighter as well really helped since I needed to kill things fast before I was too swarmed.

-Lyn really helped with Rehabilitate, and she needed QR (because -Spd..) to do enough damage on the archer for Hector to finish off. Ninian's Chill Atk was also key, to keep the archer busy using Harsh Command, and in effect, keep 1 more space away because Hector can't retreat fast enough.

--

Also here's a bonus, my original clear where I really found Thunder Armads to be the key in this map. Also gave Ophelia a new AoE.

Team is +Atk/-Spd Ophelia, +Atk/-Def Legendary Azura, +Def/-Spd Legendary Hector and neutral Brave Veronica.

Music is Emergence from the King of Fighters XIV

So yeah Ophelia wrecks things. There's a funny manoeuvre near the end with Veronica and the Hit and Run flier. Thank goodness for the AI order managing to block the enemies (same for when I thought the archer would target Ophelia across the water). Also Vantage blue mage was annoying that I had to fully upgrade Hardy Bearing.

---

@Motendra If you have some of the neutral free units, maybe look at Phoenixmaster1's video guide clears? Also if you can somehow split the top forces up so some units go towards the tree while others go down, it will make things easier. Having an anti-mage unit to quickly bait the mages would also help, before the blade mages can get buffed up by Roy's C skill.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

This map got hectorized. What would Eliwood say seeing Bride Ninian with two Hectors? Don't know if he would even notice his son getting a beating by blue Hector over that shock.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Also here's a bonus, my original clear where I really found Thunder Armads to be the key in this map. Also gave Ophelia a new AoE.

Close call with Ophelia. Oph + Special Spiral is just gross. 

That red dragon in the south must feel pretty ignored as he attacks twice but no-one cares. Funny how the blue lancer blocked his mage buddy who wanted to finish Veronica. 

Congrats to your clears! 

@mampfoid Mad lad, I can't believe you did it again! What a fantastic way of including Hector haha x'D.

@Robert of Normandy That Drag Back + Galeforce move with Minerva is amazing!

@Landmaster Keaton is so strong! That Vantage brave effect is something to behold x). I love how Y!Azura got some action too.   

@ChickenBits I love your team! It's so nice to see H!Mia in action. L!Ephraim did so good, he took out so many units. And getting Y!Tiki surviving and taking out Roy is so satisfying x) 

@mcsilas That first  team comp is hilarious, kinda giggled my way through watching it  x'D I like how we got a Hector vs. Roy in that. L!Hector is such a beast.  

Finally! This map kicked my ass. The Abyssal is done with Kaze, Michalis, Jeorge and Reyson. I'm so happy to be able to use Kaze on an abyssal map. Jeorge here with updated +atk IV. I can't really feel much difference apart from needing to carry drive speed instead of drive attack so far.

Really happy with Reyson. @Nanima's bird tribe Duma clear convinced me to get him since I wasn't really planning to get any of the beasts at first. The aoe heal effect, and no move restrictions is just so good x'D. I don't think I could have did it without him since someone had to dance Jeorge on that ledge. He's also great to carry tactics. 

3 minutes ago, ruruo said:

@mampfoid Mad lad, I can't believe you did it again! What a fantastic way of including Hector haha x'D.

Thanks! :-) Hector is my flying smite-lord now. 

4 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Finally! This map kicked my ass. The Abyssal is done with Kaze, Michalis, Jeorge and Reyson. I'm so happy to be able to use Kaze on an abyssal map. Jeorge here with updated +atk IV. I can't really feel much difference apart from needing to carry drive speed instead of drive attack so far.

Already Kaze's start is sweet, tanking the blue mage at low HP. Nice use of the green cav to block Roy for ... but Michalis really tanks him, taking only few damage in the process! Haha, very cool. Congrats! 

You went with +ATK Jeorge in the end? I was not sure, but I think I'll keep +ATK as well. 

18 hours ago, Motendra said:

I'm kinda umoed on infernal. Any general ideas that I should know about?

11 hours ago, Ginko said:

Really tanky team, Shiro doesn't take any damage from anyone, even Greens~ Nice seeing Siegbert take out Roy with ease~ Kagero snipes from behind most of the time for some nice kills~ I loved how Seigbert ran halfway across the map to save Kagero from that Axe Fighter~ Ryoma gets a couple nice kills, too~ Well done~

10 hours ago, Sasori said:

@Landmaster

funny music for a cutesy team. Also whoa Keaton was quite the moster with his vantage brave strikes. Even colour disadvantage was not a big deal with Ignis

and yeah I thought teddy bear Morgan was a cute thouch too. I’d say go for it with Seliph’s regine too. Its surprisingly fun.

Yeah, I'll defs have to be trying it out at some point~

Haha, it was an intense map figuring it out, so I tried for some more intense music~

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Wow, really impressed with your Abyssal clear, Keaton is such a beast! Tiki also did a good job, Love the teamwork on that armour in the end though (so much HP)

Team is +Def/-Spd Legendary Hector, +Res/-HP Brave Hector, +Atk/-HP Bride Ninian and +Def/-Spd Bride Lyn

Music is Belief from the King of Fighters XIV.

-L!hector's omnibreaker is amazing, and really saved me a lot of trouble with his limited movement. B!Hector's Bold Fighter as well really helped since I needed to kill things fast before I was too swarmed.

-Lyn really helped with Rehabilitate, and she needed QR (because -Spd..) to do enough damage on the archer for Hector to finish off. Ninian's Chill Atk was also key, to keep the archer busy using Harsh Command, and in effect, keep 1 more space away because Hector can't retreat fast enough.

--

Team is +Atk/-Spd Ophelia, +Atk/-Def Legendary Azura, +Def/-Spd Legendary Hector and neutral Brave Veronica.

Music is Emergence from the King of Fighters XIV

So yeah Ophelia wrecks things. There's a funny manoeuvre near the end with Veronica and the Hit and Run flier. Thank goodness for the AI order managing to block the enemies (same for when I thought the archer would target Ophelia across the water). Also Vantage blue mage was annoying that I had to fully upgrade Hardy Bearing.

Glad you enjoyed! Really loving using Keaton's Vantage Brave/Meisterschwert Effect with DC~

Hectors decimated this map, Brave with his Bold Phase and Legendary with Vengeful~ Makes them work well together for what they needed to do~ Also really clever using Chill Atk to keep the Archer busy, hadn't noticed that originally~ Very cool~

Ophelia is super destructive~ The Red Manakete seemed like the most annoying unit here until you were in a good place to take her out. I always see Hardy Bearing on Ophelia in Arena and AR, interesting to see it used in LHB, too, haha~

5 hours ago, ruruo said:

@Landmaster Keaton is so strong! That Vantage brave effect is something to behold x). I love how Y!Azura got some action too.   

Really happy with Reyson. @Nanima's bird tribe Duma clear convinced me to get him since I wasn't really planning to get any of the beasts at first. The aoe heal effect, and no move restrictions is just so good x'D. I don't think I could have did it without him since someone had to dance Jeorge on that ledge. He's also great to carry tactics. 

Glad you enjoyed~ Y!Azura's one of my favorite dancers with her deceptive offensiveness. 

Loved your clear~ Kaze and Jeorge taking on an Abyssal map was awesome. I was worried for Kaze after that first turn with how low he got but he's really nice using the Goodie Boot. Michalis is super tanky, even against Red units, including Roy! Really impressive. Guidance was also really good to use here~ Also fun watching Jeorge and Kaze snipe off most of the rest of the map. Reyson's healing was really useful, too~ Loved it!

I am going to say, I expected this to be impossible for a bit.

Instead, B!Lyn saved the day by tanking the archer and mage after taking out the cavalier. Most of the rest aw me take advantage of her and Mageirika's low HP after tanking attacks to take out excess enemies, Ephraim coming in to tank hits, especially with Roy and Frederick to smash blue units on occasion. I was expecting more reinforcements honestly after turn 2's ridiculous round.

Also, the armour did nothing of value.

Abyssal? No. Fricking. Thanks.

Edited by Dayni

Using my Summer Takumi solo strategy to clear Roy's Infernal LHB was easier for me compared to the recent LHBs on Infernal. In fact, it only took me two tries to clear it on that difficulty (it did take a few more tries on Lunatic though, but I think that helped me learn the strategy and the placement of the enemy units to win in the higher difficulties).

I filmed my winning strategy for the Infernal Roy LHB with my Summer Takumi alone (along with the help of three dancers). You can watch it in the link here.

The only difference with the recorded video compared to my initial victory is that the Lance Knight was the last enemy to go down in my first successful run, while in the recorded run, the Archer was the last enemy instead.

Remember when I said I couldn't 1-turn this? Apparently I lied.

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Sasori @daisy jane @ruruo

This might be my jankiest clear ever. I think there actually was some luck involved, as I think that if the mage and Roy had attacked in a different order the clear wouldn't have worked, but I'll take the win!

Hinoka may not have seen combat, but she was instrumental in all the teleportation shenanigans going on.

I probably could have inherited hone fliers from my remaining hot springs Camilla onto Minerva and avoided having to use my Dragonflowers...but I really didn't want to use up that fodder, and I was planning on using the flowers on Caeda eventually anyway.

And, uh, in reference to some other things I said, I didn't end up needing the SI I thought I would have.