Legendary Hero Battle - Roy: Blazing Lion

Landmaster

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well, at least Eldigan has access to a really sweet weapon Dark Mystletainn?

He wasn't new to my roster and Roy (plus some others) cover my sword cav needs pretty well. 

I stop whining now. 

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ohhhh true, true, but that does require sacrificing first turn performance by not being able to tank or hit as hard which seems like too big of a risk imo. So for now I’ll stick to the bond skill for him.

He'd get faster into Vantage range. ;-) 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Sasori said:

Nice Clear. That blue blarblade mage did't seem to be the main problem in this map for you. Flying really came in handy in this map and Neasalla expertly and narrowly avoided death with 1 hp.

Poor Roy His feet where probably killing him and then he got attacked by two big birds.

Thankfully my fliers took out most enemies before they could be a problem. Mages are too squshy to survive the birds 9/10. Naesala really is as tenacious as a cockroach. xD

Glad to make the boss receive the full Abyssal experience himself for a change.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:07 AM, Nanima said:

For the sake of doing this quickly, I'll just quickly drop my own clear from back in Feburary here. Sorry to everyone for not commenting. :/

Music: 1. The Inquisition Marches - Dragon Age Inquisition 2. Antipurity ~battlefield - Drakengard 3

Anyway, this clear took some concentrated effort, but wasn’t actually as difficult as I had feared. Part of it was that my birbs could just ignore the river entirely, while most of the enemies were hindered by it. The Lance Knight also wasn’t as terrible as usual, though I am questioning where it is that they keep growing all these tin cans with bold fighter. Reyson had to lead Roy on a merry chase so I could with cronies in the meantime. I though that part was pretty funny, though I imagine it was pretty annoying to try and chase down an enemy only to see him teleport away to the other side of the battlefield. haha;;

Naesala leads the charge for once, very cool. He got to shine a lot here. Tibarn didn’t have his thunder totally stole, though, as he picked apart most of the forces leaving Roy for the end. That Bow Fighter was resilient, and the Lance armor was equally as annoying, Reyson was a good tank there. Also funny how he WOM’d back to the flock abandoning poor Roy~ Feel bad for him getting picked apart by a flock of angry birds, but they can’t be stopped! Congrats!

18 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Late clear but I didn't want this moldy thing to sit around any longer than it already has.

The first of my Beast team clears! (You can expect at least two more)

So racist Roy is now a thing but the Beasties won't stand for this kind of discrimination so they decided to rise up and give Roy a piece of their mind.

This clear took some grinding and some brutal sacrifices. Lucina for a quick Aether and my only source of Spur Atk3, a Finn for Miracle of all things, and a Camus for skills that weren't even used.

Anyway, for this clear, Panne was in charge of the entire lower-left part of the map while the others were in charge of the upper-half. Despite having LnD3, Panne still has fantastic physical bulk which lets her survive multiple encounters but she still needed a way of self-sustainment for her to survive the future battle against the red manakete. She's also the bait for setting up the kill against the armored knight so she had quite the workload.

Naihlah being able to ignore firesweep facilitates this map and future ones a great deal. Darting Stance seal was used so she could charge up Noontime with the green bow and therefore bypass the firesweep cav's annoying Guard.

Naesala's movement is such a great help for the team to deal with some faraway threats before they reach the rest of the members. Also Miracle shenanigans because I'm apparently a fan of having my blue nukes tank hits they shouldn't tank.

Keaton is unfortunately -atk so he needed lots of team support and SS to be able to meet the required strength to obliterate opponents before they do him in instead. Also, although everyone in this video ignores the Weapon Triangle at some point, his is the one I'm most proud of.

Panne getting that one shot right away was awesome~ She and Nailah don’t care a bit about the Weapon triangle disadvantage today. Clutch Miracle on Naesala. Keaton is destroying everyone with that Vantage. They ended up taking quite a beating but pulled through all the same.  I was wondering how you would deal with that monster of a refrigerator, positioning let the sole Red unit blow him away, great work!

Can also strongly relate to killing off units that didn't even end up mattering for clears ashjdjfsn

@Nanima

Another nice one! Good job using the terrain against the enemy and really nice splitting them up when this big group came to you, even though poor Naesala had to take that hit to the face to make Reyson teleport back. Well done!

• 4 weeks later...

@mampfoid @Nanima @Landmaster @Robert of Normandy

Another Abyssal run down and one I did't see myself clearing when it came out.

Titania did a lot more work this time with keeping those pesky blue units at bay. For some reason this map had more then one 45+speed blue mages ready to double everything in sight.

Meanwhile Roy wrecked everything in his path again and Raigh got his first abyssal appearance. 

21 hours ago, Sasori said:

I see him not the only one with a +1 DC Titania, nice. Mine is +SPD though. 

Roy nearly one-rounding his legendary self. Who is outdated here? Congrats! 

@mampfoid First Alm and Marth, then Roy. LH!Azura is a lifesaver. Man it feels good to see those green checks. 

That Aerobatics sword pegasus was persistent but Reinhardt said no. His heart belongs to Ishtar and BH!Roy but I won't make him pick. 

Had to beef up defense and resistance to tank some hits but they pulled through.

Spoiler

On 27.4.2019 at 8:32 PM, Sasori said:

Seeing Titania and Raigh on an Abyssal clear is simply amazing! So is Roy facing and beating himself. They were all so competent and powerful. A truly great clear.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I see him not the only one with a +1 DC Titania, nice. Mine is +SPD though. 

Roy nearly one-rounding his legendary self. Who is outdated here? Congrats! 

Probably a better nature for her. Her atk still isn't too high even with a boon. 34 speed is definately something you can work with, but its a lot trickier if your A, C, and seal slot are already taken on distant counter and buffing. 

Thanks. My Roy lucked out with his weapon refine and some heavy favourism from my side, but he's definately not slowing down any time soon.

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

Seeing Titania and Raigh on an Abyssal clear is simply amazing! So is Roy facing and beating himself. They were all so competent and powerful. A truly great clear.

Thanks. I usually use Raigh on the infernal difficulty, but the cavs here where just begging to be deleted. Titania likewise probably won't be a abyssal legendary stapple, but here she was great at shielding everyone from blue pains.

17 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoid First Alm and Marth, then Roy. LH!Azura is a lifesaver. Man it feels good to see those green checks. 

That Aerobatics sword pegasus was persistent but Reinhardt said no. His heart belongs to Ishtar and BH!Roy but I won't make him pick. 

Had to beef up defense and resistance to tank some hits but they pulled through.

Hide contents

Nino is a valid partner for Reinhardt to punch through this map. Interesting that you needed Warding Stance out of all seals to solve this. Congrats! 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Nino is a valid partner for Reinhardt to punch through this map. Interesting that you needed Warding Stance out of all seals to solve this. Congrats! 

Thanks! Had to be a bit more mindful of the defensive stats since my units took more hits than usual.

I couldn't find the Distant Defense seal so I slapped Warding Stance on her since it was already upgraded.

22 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I couldn't find the Distant Defense seal so I slapped Warding Stance on her since it was already upgraded.

It was? Where do you usually use it? 

I'm not sure if i ever will upgrade it. 

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It was? Where do you usually use it? 

I'm not sure if i ever will upgrade it. 

Yeah, I upgraded it. My Fierce Stance seal is still at level 1:XD:  

It's usually on my FH!Robin since he has a decent Res stat.

59 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Yeah, I upgraded it. My Fierce Stance seal is still at level 1:XD:  

It's usually on my FH!Robin since he has a decent Res stat.

Funnily that would be my main user of Fierce stance. 

On 4/27/2019 at 2:32 PM, Sasori said:

Titania did a lot more work this time with keeping those pesky blue units at bay. For some reason this map had more then one 45+speed blue mages ready to double everything in sight.

Meanwhile Roy wrecked everything in his path again and Raigh got his first abyssal appearance. 

Wooo, Raigh making his Abyssal debut~ Seeing Roy obliterate blue units like it’s nothing never gets old. The Blue Mage played right into Titania’s hands. 100 damage on that Manakete was wild. Raigh got some good saves with his Vantage. Glad we got to see the Roy VS Roy showdown. He was very brave to take on a mage and a Blue unit by himself. Veronica was there to heal everyone up during this relentless battle. Great work all around, this was a well won team effort!

• 3 months later...

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas (hope you don't mind the tag)

So as I continue to try and work out Julia's LHB, I thought I might tackle Roy's Abyssal map, which apparently I neglected to do the first couple times around.  While pulling for Julia I managed to get a poor-nature L!Roy as a bonus, and I figure Julius could use a new toy.  And what better way to test it out than against the fodder himself?

I've seen the usual Celica, Tharjas, and other fast blade mages run wild on these sort of maps, and I wanted to see if Julius could emulate those feats.  I don't have L!Azura so I need to rely on Seth providing triple Tactic buffs and Reyson providing the last one.  I thought I would need the extra killing power of Dragon Fang, but it wasn't necessary.  Enjoy the big numbers.

9 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

So as I continue to try and work out Julia's LHB, I thought I might tackle Roy's Abyssal map, which apparently I neglected to do the first couple times around.  While pulling for Julia I managed to get a poor-nature L!Roy as a bonus, and I figure Julius could use a new toy.  And what better way to test it out than against the fodder himself?

Wow, those are some powerful new toys for Julius. He punches right through this map. I'm yet to get a legendary Roy. 

On 8/29/2019 at 7:23 PM, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas (hope you don't mind the tag)

I've seen the usual Celica, Tharjas, and other fast blade mages run wild on these sort of maps, and I wanted to see if Julius could emulate those feats.  I don't have L!Azura so I need to rely on Seth providing triple Tactic buffs and Reyson providing the last one.  I thought I would need the extra killing power of Dragon Fang, but it wasn't necessary.  Enjoy the big numbers.

Blade Julius, now that’s interesting. And destructive. Those numbers were just crazy. We usually see Julius tank blues with no problem but now we can see him nuke them, too. Awesome!

Didn't realize this map was so old.

@LordFrigid Brilliant and imaginative 1-turn clear. The AoE special with Olwen, the GF with Azura and dancing on her 2nd turn, it was was awesome. Down to the clutch 1 HP Olwen had after the first round of combat.

@mampfoid Love how FV opens up possibilities for clears like this. It would have been literally impossible without it. Lucina's EP kill on the mage was surprising as well. 

@Landmaster This was impressive. Ironically mostly because of just how balanced the clear itself is. Keaton is a boss as usual and Myrrh/Tiki are incredibly OP. But the dragons were pushed to their tanking limits and Keaton as you said was used very strategically. I saw a point or two where he needed that +10 damage from his transformation in order to secure a kill. Everything needed to be perfect here. But it pretty much was. They felt like a legit synergetic team. One man army stomps are fun, but these are nice too.

@SatsumaFSoysoy So this was M!Marth's first rodeo, huh? DC+Wrath is such an amazing combination. I really want a unit with both those skills. M!Marth clutches out with more tanking here, Cord quads everything (including Roy) and Setsuna does something other than 0x4!.... is what I was going to say until the hilarious 0x4 montage against the armor at the end. Serious irony that she was the key to killing him at the end. Also that Jazz gave me extremely serious amounts of life.

@kirauza343 After watching Camilla pretty much coast through the Julia LHB. It was actually satisfying to see her stretch her legs here. Elincia helped keep the way clear for her for the hiccup or two that was there. Was funny seeing Elincia still quadding everything even without her refine.

@Hilda You've always done such a good job at making the Askr trio look powerful. The warping and smiting in this clear was just masterful. The Drive ATK supported kill with Veronica, the Smite on her up to the northern part of the map, the miracle proc, the Astra on Roy, too many epic moments in this one. 

@Ginko I never get tired of seeing the damage on Kagero. This one was a classic. Everyone shared the glory. Shiro continues to flip off the weapon triangle, Siegbert and Kagero destroyed everything they touched and even Ryoma got in on the action. It was poetry in motion. Loved the music choice as well. Felt epic.

@mcsilas Because I spend most of my time using his vassal, sometimes I forget how much of a beast Hector himself is. They blew up everything they touched. They were a bit reckless but Lyn was there to keep the both of them healthy with a clutch EP from both Lyn and Ninian near the end to hold off the last couple enemies so both Hectors could utterly detonate them like the two blocks of C4 that they are. Utterly satisfying.

Ophelia is so unfair. With that special even more so. What really caught me by surprise was her impressive tanking this time around though, both her and Veronica did really clutch tanking here. I forgot that blue flyer had hit and run and kept her safe from the red mage, that was the biggest question mark near the end: how you were going to survive an attack from him. As always you get a cookie from the KOF music as well~

@Nanima Yet another masterful display with the birds. Use of the river was great. Even when it seemed like you'd be overwhelmed they switched corners of the map almost effortlessly all while picking off the opponents one by one. Tibarn especially.

@NegativeExponents- The beasts really got down and dirty for this one. Especially Nailah. She was dancing on the cusp of death the entire battle. Healing up just enough health to take a single hit, again and again. It was nerve wracking. You had me going there at the end as I genuinely had no idea how you were going to deal with the armor as he was slowly creeping up on Panne. Of course Keaton was just going to blow him up. Loved the music choice here, it really reflected the intensity of the clear. Feels like I've heard it before, Golden sun?

@DLNarshen Weird seeing a clear like this from Julius, but the damage was insane. Enjoyed the music for this one too.

Old clears but worth watching to be sure.

@Alexmender I see you still didn't do a clear for this one but I'm sure you would have just blown it up.

@Dayni @daisy jane @eclipse @Xenomata Does no one else think Roy looks like a Hasbro toy in his art here? I can't unsee it...

Turns out I'm the latest of all huh? Welcome to stop #2 on our LHB train. Things "heat up" here as my teams take on Roy. Today we're gonna do things in traditional order. Starting with Matt.

Matt's team is doing Abyssal again and boy this one was tricky. Surviving the first turn once again was a pain. This time because of that Firesweep Cav. Vantage is starting to become a reccuring theme for these Abyssal maps. Even with it though the team was getting overwhelmed as the battle progressed but I discovered that with a simple Hone ATK buff and B skill swap on Ayra I was able to get everyone into the perfect position I needed to finish things. Let's get started with a bang.

Vantage was a crucial key for Morgan as well. He kind of worked like a Mini-matt with his Vantage-Sol procs. Fierce Stance also prevented him from eating a pre-emptive death from the blue mage. Buffs from his tome gave Amelia what she needed to do her job as well. A Miracle proc here, a dance there and things ended quite nicely. Didn't even need to warp. Not Amelia, anyways.

Now the Serra clear. This one wound up being my favorite of the bunch.. It was just so hyperoffensive compared to the tactical nature of the first two clears. Serra got serious for this one. She took a Pain staff, double brazens and just went to town. It was the quickest clear of all. The kicker was the strat was just so I could see how much she could tank in the beginning and she turned out to be a lot bulkier than I expected. Fae's been getting most of the action recently but Serra's definitely the star here. Now then, off she goes~

No special clear this time, folks. I tried a couple of different things. FE6 theme, parents theme, FE7 theme, Eliwood emblem theme. But nothing really came together and with all the clears I had to do I was too pressed for time for a clear I didn't actually have any plans in advance for. So I decided to cut it short with the 3 main clears. But there's plenty more on the way. I'm also going to take this time to say I've been sick for the entire week which might slow down the rest of the clears. Especially considering I have to go back to work tomorrow regardless, but we'll get there. Until then.

Cheers~

@Zeo Hope you get better soon, and no need to rush on the clears. Now that we have the subforum we can always post clears whenever so just focus on getting better. 

Haha, wow it's been so long since I've seen this map. I can't believe I never uploaded a clear of this one, I think the first time it came I couldn't find a way to solo it but the second time around I already had Kaden and the map became a breeze. I might have to revisit this one once the nth-rerun comes, although I'm not looking foward to facing that lance flier. 

Anyways, this map can really get out of control fast. At the beginning it was the Matt show with the rest of the team playing only as support but came in to show that they are capable of tackling Abyssal level enemies once they started to run out of ground. Inigo taking 0 dmg from the archer was surprising, even with Rave TA+Bowbreaker he always seemed pretty fragile but he proved he can be pretty tanky, and then we have Ayra tanking that annoying flier. I find it funny that Roy doesn't have his special pre-charged here, goes to show IS has become more relentless lately. 

Amelia has come a long way since her Darting Blow days as has the rest of the team. Now they make annoying maps like these look like child's play, it was funny how the teleport shenanigans only came into play until the end of the map, goes to show how easily your team was decimating Roy's mooks. I can't really point to an MVP here as everyone did their fair share of work in the clear. 

Serra and Fae really make for a very strong pair, they decimated the map like it was nothing. Global buffs are really fun to play with (hence why I'll always have W!Eirika around for Officer Hilda's clears, now I just need to get a source of Spd Opening for Mordecai). There's not much to say here as the duo really finished the map pretty quickly. 

And of course the music was on point for every single clear, really cool stuff. 

12 hours ago, Zeo said:

Matt's team is doing Abyssal again and boy this one was tricky. Surviving the first turn once again was a pain. This time because of that Firesweep Cav. Vantage is starting to become a reccuring theme for these Abyssal maps. Even with it though the team was getting overwhelmed as the battle progressed but I discovered that with a simple Hone ATK buff and B skill swap on Ayra I was able to get everyone into the perfect position I needed to finish things. Let's get started with a bang.

Lol at the blue flier trying to use Matt's strat against him - with triangle-advantage no less - and still coming up very short.  The first music track was very familiar.  Was it used as an anime opening at some point?  I can't quite place which one.

Vantage was a crucial key for Morgan as well. He kind of worked like a Mini-matt with his Vantage-Sol procs. Fierce Stance also prevented him from eating a pre-emptive death from the blue mage. Buffs from his tome gave Amelia what she needed to do her job as well. A Miracle proc here, a dance there and things ended quite nicely. Didn't even need to warp. Not Amelia, anyways.

He even has the whole "buff-debuff" thing going on too.  All that hype and preparation for Morgan to survive the blue mage...and he goes for Ninian instead lol.

Now the Serra clear. This one wound up being my favorite of the bunch.. It was just so hyperoffensive compared to the tactical nature of the first two clears. Serra got serious for this one. She took a Pain staff, double brazens and just went to town. It was the quickest clear of all. The kicker was the strat was just so I could see how much she could tank in the beginning and she turned out to be a lot bulkier than I expected. Fae's been getting most of the action recently but Serra's definitely the star here. Now then, off she goes~

"Damn, Serra doing 37x2 do these guys right from the get go, double Brazen doing its -- she's...she's not in Brazen range yet..."  I think that winded up being my favorite of the bunch too.  Well done, on all them!

@Zeo No rush, hope you are feeling well! Take your time, so I can take time doing proper responses, too 😛

Aways impressed by Matthew's big damage, even without a damaging special! It's really satisfying to see the debuffs in Abyssal stat enemies, and Matthew sured controlled the middle of the map well at the start, I remember finding this annoying to do with the Hectors because of their movement. Ayra had to do some clutch tanking there, too. I laughed at how the blue flier did its Vantage + heal proc only to be a few HP short and still couldn't survive 1 hit from Matthew.

Morgan sure flexed his mini-Matthew powers in his map, more importantly buffing Amelia to do her job and destroy enemies with Bignis procs. Priscilla scared me for a second before activating Miracle, and Ninian shows her survivability against the archer.

Owari no Seraph music for Serra huh, ironically when she doesn't use her vampiric Absorb staff haha. Super offensive Serra is quite a marvel, she can really bring the Pain. It only escalates with Azura's stat and movement buffs.

Get well soon!

On 9/7/2019 at 8:54 AM, Zeo said:

Hope you're feeling better! Feeling sick is no fun, especially at work. 

Turn one looked great, but I can imagine the FS sword being annoying. Did you ever consider to give Matthew Null C-Disrupt? 

Turn 4 looked painful, noone wanted to die and enemies were approaching from above.

Awesome what a big difference Matthews special effect makes. From dealing zero damage to the lance flyer he arrives to an rather easy (looking) kill in two rounds of combat. 

Ninian warped at least, but Amilia still did a great job. The start was similar to Matthew indeed, funny how that skillset on both Matthew and Morgan works so well for them. 

Oh, double Brazen. That sounds like fun, she is getting really nuke-ish. 

When Roy attacked, I was confused for a second. After watching the other clears I took Close Counter for granted somehow. ^^

Well done! 

On 9/7/2019 at 2:54 AM, Zeo said:

Didn't realize this map was so old.

@Landmaster This was impressive. Ironically mostly because of just how balanced the clear itself is. Keaton is a boss as usual and Myrrh/Tiki are incredibly OP. But the dragons were pushed to their tanking limits and Keaton as you said was used very strategically. I saw a point or two where he needed that +10 damage from his transformation in order to secure a kill. Everything needed to be perfect here. But it pretty much was. They felt like a legit synergetic team. One man army stomps are fun, but these are nice too.

Does no one else think Roy looks like a Hasbro toy in his art here? I can't unsee it...

Turns out I'm the latest of all huh? Welcome to stop #2 on our LHB train. Things "heat up" here as my teams take on Roy. Today we're gonna do things in traditional order. Starting with Matt.

No special clear this time, folks. I tried a couple of different things. FE6 theme, parents theme, FE7 theme, Eliwood emblem theme. But nothing really came together and with all the clears I had to do I was too pressed for time for a clear I didn't actually have any plans in advance for. So I decided to cut it short with the 3 main clears. But there's plenty more on the way. I'm also going to take this time to say I've been sick for the entire week which might slow down the rest of the clears. Especially considering I have to go back to work tomorrow regardless, but we'll get there. Until then.

Cheers~

Another domination by Matthew pretty much through and through. Turn 4 really started to look scary with all those reinforcements, but he was able to mow them down with some help from Ayra and Inigo. Some close calls in the beginning but no real struggle for him with Genny there to heal him. A great clear for the OG team~ 

I was impressed Morgan went in quite as ham as Matthew did. Thought Morgan was being a bit of a risk taker there leaving that Blue Mage alive but he was so scared, he went for Ninian. Amelia soloing the bottom half of the map was awesome. Also nice to see Priscilla and Ninian getting some action. All that maneuvering and warping cleaned the field up for those last foes to drop pretty easily. Another puzzle solved~

9 damage from Roy. Serra really showed off her thickness in this one. As did Fae, as usual. She an Amelia must eat the same vitamins to be tanking all these Reds so easily. But Serra got to be super offensive here and dominated on both defense and offense. Awesome work! 

Edited by Landmaster