Legendary Hero Battle - Roy: Blazing Lion

Landmaster

I got round to doing this last night. I enjoyed the map, and I learned that it would have been a little easier if I had some dragonflowers for my Micaiah to boost up her res a little.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Really tanky team, Shiro doesn't take any damage from anyone, even Greens~ Nice seeing Siegbert take out Roy with ease~ Kagero snipes from behind most of the time for some nice kills~ I loved how Seigbert ran halfway across the map to save Kagero from that Axe Fighter~ Ryoma gets a couple nice kills, too~ Well done~

How sweet of you, even if I never tagged you in my clears before but you still took your time watch my clears. Thank you so much.

Ryoma is my speediest dancer I ever had. With Chill Spd, it allowed Siegbert to double Roy and killed him.

10 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Remember when I said I couldn't 1-turn this? Apparently I lied.

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Sasori @daisy jane @ruruo

This might be my jankiest clear ever. I think there actually was some luck involved, as I think that if the mage and Roy had attacked in a different order the clear wouldn't have worked, but I'll take the win!

Hinoka may not have seen combat, but she was instrumental in all the teleportation shenanigans going on.

I probably could have inherited hone fliers from my remaining hot springs Camilla onto Minerva and avoided having to use my Dragonflowers...but I really didn't want to use up that fodder, and I was planning on using the flowers on Caeda eventually anyway.

And, uh, in reference to some other things I said, I didn't end up needing the SI I thought I would have.

Wow nice, job~ Not everyday a one-turn is mostly positioning for the enemy phase~ Worked perfectly, congrats~

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

How sweet of you, even if I never tagged you in my clears before but you still took your time watch my clears. Thank you so much.

Ryoma is my speediest dancer I ever had. With Chill Spd, it allowed Siegbert to double Roy and killed him.

I try to watch everyones clears since they can help me learn different strategies since everyone tend to take on maps in different ways, haha~ Even if I don't manage to always comment on them all, I at least try to watch~

Yeah that Chill comes in really handy, Dancers with Chill skills like Ryoma and B!Ninian are some great ones to have~

The satisfaction this clear gave me at first is equal to the one the Grima's LHB gave, and it's a good one.
It's funny how I thought of giving Reinhardt Breath of Life while not thinking about the effect of Tyrfing, but thinking that it just helped him survive better having more hp.
Maybe I can try Hrid too, but that's totally another thing for me :$

14 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Remember when I said I couldn't 1-turn this? Apparently I lied.

Oh wow, that was fantastic. I'm happy you found a way without expensive SI, those were some unexpected moves. 

Using Caeda as a pivot target and getting her out of danger was original. Never would have expected Morgan to be able handling Roy and the mage!

Those are the most satisfying moments, congrats! :-)

I almost had to resort to using Pheonixmaster's guide, although his Smite strat gave me the idea to try my own even though I had to use Draw Back with Hinoka and Sanaki in the end. 

I appreciate Hinoka's 1 damage on Roy as a middle finger to this map.

@mampfoid Yes, sticking with +atk for the now! Currently new "fast" units are coming in with 37 speed base :wacko:, this just makes a little more sense I guess, and the Dragonflowers bring him to just-1 spd from what he had previously. I do have another +spd spare just in case x'D. One of these days I'm going to rerun one of the abyssals that i have recorded with +spd Jeorge to which is better. 

@Landmaster I love Goodie boot+. Allowing two spaces away for bonuses is forgiving and easy to position for the +6/6 def/res. Plus it's cute.

@Robert of Normandy Good one! Minerva with a hammer, that worked really well!! x'D F!Morgan did so good with that CC+Blarblade. 

@mampfoid@Zeo@Landmaster@LordFrigid@Rezzy@Ice Dragon@SatsumaFSoysoy

I'll settle for Infernal for now since this LHB was quite the frustration material. Anyways, I ran Summer Takumi and three dancers again for shits and giggles. Now with a very fitting video title to go with it.

When I get a nice strategy for Abyssal, I'll see what I can do.

Also featuring an artwork of F!Kana on a playground ride for the side-panel; because everything is better with Kana.

Edited by Frosty

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I'll settle for Infernal for now since this LHB was quite the frustration material. Anyways, I ran Summer Takumi and three dancers again for shits and giggles. Now with a very fitting video title to go with it.

When I get a nice strategy for Abyssal, I'll see what I can do.

Also featuring an artwork of F!Kana on a playground ride for the side-panel; because everything is better with Kana.

Well, a Flying Desperation/Escape Route/Brash Assault archer is already fun (BA not included this time), but L!Azura raises the fun bar with buffs to all stats and +1 mov. Lene is not only good at dancing. Very nice Kana (no clear with her?). 

Congrats and good luck for Abyssal! 

40 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Well, a Flying Desperation/Escape Route/Brash Assault archer is already fun (BA not included this time), but L!Azura raises the fun bar with buffs to all stats and +1 mov. Lene is not only good at dancing. Very nice Kana (no clear with her?). 

Congrats and good luck for Abyssal! 

Summer Takumi is tons o' fun to cause mayhem with. A teleporting pineapple with a bow is clearly an ingredient for imminent destruction. Makes me wonder, I think Vanilla Takumi can pull the same stunt too minus the flying bit.

I tend to feature my artworks (often random/RNG/finished Fire Emblem stuff) on the right sidebar of the layout for an added touch.

When the LHB makes a return, I shall see what I can do with it.

Edited by Frosty

I actually managed to do infernal on my own for this one! WOO! Don't want to bother with abyssal though, I don't care for this particular accessory.

I also tried to recreate my infernal clear for a video a bunch of times, but somehow, I just couldn't. >_< I did use my usual horse team of Freddy, Hrid, legend Ephraim, and Reinhardt though.

Talk about being late...

@mampfoid Damn that was smooth, it shows that this LHB was really hard when you needed to bring the big guns but you managed to destroy it in one turn. Really impressive!

@Landmaster Nice! Your Keaton is really a sight to behold! Tearing through most of the map on his own is really crazy, goes to show that his weapon is really destructive. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy I see that Quadsuna! Brings back memories of when she was considered extremely OP during the early days of SI, she may not be considered great anymore but she can certainly put in lots of work! M!Marth is also quite powerful, funny how the build is similar to the one my Eirika has but Marthcina is more independent and that can be a lifesaver every once in a while. 

@kirauza343 That's a very interesting approach to the map. If you take the upper part first then it'll become easier to control how many enemies you fight in one turn instead of getting overwhelmed. Nice! The Desperation+Brash Assault combo really comes in handy with those bloated Spd stats and your Summer Camilla really shows how strong it can be.

@mcsilas That first clear was really funny. Hector really doesn't want Roy anywhere near Lilina so he'll double himself and also take his mother to get him grounded (yes, I'm on the EliwoodxNinian camp). The enemy never stood a chance against such power!

The second clear was cool as well! I'm jealous of your +Atk Ophelia with Special Spiral, she really looks fun to use and is also a force to be feared! Very nice!

- - - 

Normally here's where I'd put my clear but I couldn't make it this time for various reasons. First, I had tons of College work so I was unable to play until the weekend but after that I found a more grating issue...I couldn't clear the map with my usual team. The way this map works really favors high movement so I tried to get L!Azura to no avail and then I decided to brute force my way to get Kaden at least. He came home on the very last day (more specifically like 5 hours before the map expired) so I rushed to train him and clear the map, which Eirika was able to almost solo stupid Bold Fighter armor and it's 99 Def but I forgot to record it... 

So yeah, my clear will have to wait until the re-run. Hopefully Kaden will have a full skillset by that time, after all Eirika's new best friend needs to be at his very best too.

10 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Damn that was smooth, it shows that this LHB was really hard when you needed to bring the big guns but you managed to destroy it in one turn. Really impressive!

Thanks! To be honest with Abyssal difficulty I usually try my merged units first.

Hope everything went fine in college, I bet you'll record a great clear later (curious to see that Kaden). That's the good thing about all Hero Battles: They return sooner or later, so there is no risk loosing them. 

On 3/7/2019 at 1:44 PM, Alexmender said:

@Landmaster Nice! Your Keaton is really a sight to behold! Tearing through most of the map on his own is really crazy, goes to show that his weapon is really destructive. 

- - - 

Normally here's where I'd put my clear but I couldn't make it this time for various reasons. First, I had tons of College work so I was unable to play until the weekend but after that I found a more grating issue...I couldn't clear the map with my usual team. The way this map works really favors high movement so I tried to get L!Azura to no avail and then I decided to brute force my way to get Kaden at least. He came home on the very last day (more specifically like 5 hours before the map expired) so I rushed to train him and clear the map, which Eirika was able to almost solo stupid Bold Fighter armor and it's 99 Def but I forgot to record it... 

So yeah, my clear will have to wait until the re-run. Hopefully Kaden will have a full skillset by that time, after all Eirika's new best friend needs to be at his very best too.

Glad you enjoyed~ Shame you didn't get time to record yours, I'll be looking forward to it next time with Kaden's debut!~

• 4 weeks later...

For the sake of doing this quickly, I'll just quickly drop my own clear from back in Feburary here. Sorry to everyone for not commenting. :/

Anyway, here we go:

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @daisy jane @Azuris @Sasori @Robert of Normandy @ruruo @kirauza343

Music: 1. The Inquisition Marches - Dragon Age Inquisition 2. Antipurity ~battlefield - Drakengard 3

Anyway, this clear took some concentrated effort, but wasn’t actually as difficult as I had feared. Part of it was that my birbs could just ignore the river entirely, while most of the enemies were hindered by it. The Lance Knight also wasn’t as terrible as usual, though I am questioning where it is that they keep growing all these tin cans with bold fighter. Reyson had to lead Roy on a merry chase so I could with cronies in the meantime. I though that part was pretty funny, though I imagine it was pretty annoying to try and chase down an enemy only to see him teleport away to the other side of the battlefield. haha;;

37 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Anyway, here we go:

Way to go!

This map makes for some silly flier/WoM shenanigans. Reyson baiting Roy around reminded me of some of my older clears. And taking him down ended up being a real team effort. Fun stuff!

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

Anyway, here we go:

Nice strat to clean the lower part and attack across the river many times with drag back/sing. 

Baiting Roy away was smart but also funny. Poor guy had to jog across the whole map. 

Congrats! 

23 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Way to go!

This map makes for some silly flier/WoM shenanigans. Reyson baiting Roy around reminded me of some of my older clears. And taking him down ended up being a real team effort. Fun stuff!

Thanks! Yeah, Roy ended up being a tough little cookie. Making him go away for a bit was plenty necessary, so I could then focus all my attention on him by the end.

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nice strat to clean the lower part and attack across the river many times with drag back/sing. 

Baiting Roy away was smart but also funny. Poor guy had to jog across the whole map. 

Congrats! 

I hope Fire Emblem tacticians would be proud of me. At least Soren could stand being less snide after I proved how well I can use terrain to my advantage. haha

He kind of had it coming after making me spend an hour on this map though. xD

Thanks 

On 2-4-2019 at 2:07 PM, Nanima said:

For the sake of doing this quickly, I'll just quickly drop my own clear from back in Feburary here. Sorry to everyone for not commenting. :/

Anyway, here we go:

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @daisy jane @Azuris @Sasori @Robert of Normandy @ruruo @kirauza343

Music: 1. The Inquisition Marches - Dragon Age Inquisition 2. Antipurity ~battlefield - Drakengard 3

Anyway, this clear took some concentrated effort, but wasn’t actually as difficult as I had feared. Part of it was that my birbs could just ignore the river entirely, while most of the enemies were hindered by it. The Lance Knight also wasn’t as terrible as usual, though I am questioning where it is that they keep growing all these tin cans with bold fighter. Reyson had to lead Roy on a merry chase so I could with cronies in the meantime. I though that part was pretty funny, though I imagine it was pretty annoying to try and chase down an enemy only to see him teleport away to the other side of the battlefield. haha;;

Nice Clear. That blue blarblade mage did't seem to be the main problem in this map for you. Flying really came in handy in this map and Neasalla expertly and narrowly avoided death with 1 hp.

Poor Roy His feet where probably killing him and then he got attacked by two big birds.

I'm so glad Nanima dug this up so I wouldn't have to.

@mampfoid @mcsilas

Late clear but I didn't want this moldy thing to sit around any longer than it already has.

The first of my Beast team clears! (You can expect at least two more)

So racist Roy is now a thing but the Beasties won't stand for this kind of discrimination so they decided to rise up and give Roy a piece of their mind.

This clear took some grinding and some brutal sacrifices. Lucina for a quick Aether and my only source of Spur Atk3, a Finn for Miracle of all things, and a Camus for skills that weren't even used.

Anyway, for this clear, Panne was in charge of the entire lower-left part of the map while the others were in charge of the upper-half. Despite having LnD3, Panne still has fantastic physical bulk which lets her survive multiple encounters but she still needed a way of self-sustainment for her to survive the future battle against the red manakete. She's also the bait for setting up the kill against the armored knight so she had quite the workload.

Naihlah being able to ignore firesweep facilitates this map and future ones a great deal. Darting Stance seal was used so she could charge up Noontime with the green bow and therefore bypass the firesweep cav's annoying Guard.

Naesala's movement is such a great help for the team to deal with some faraway threats before they reach the rest of the members. Also Miracle shenanigans because I'm apparently a fan of having my blue nukes tank hits they shouldn't tank.

Keaton is unfortunately -atk so he needed lots of team support and SS to be able to meet the required strength to obliterate opponents before they do him in instead. Also, although everyone in this video ignores the Weapon Triangle at some point, his is the one I'm most proud of.

------------------------

On 3/1/2019 at 6:03 AM, mampfoid said:

What would Eliwood say seeing Bride Ninian with two Hectors?

Sloppily done edit incoming:

Spoiler

HzpcPrP.jpg

9 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Sloppily done edit incoming:

Haha, that was unexpected!

Nice clear, I think that bane doesn't hurt Keaton too much. That vantage kill against Roy should be prove enough. Btw: Don't you have Brazen ATK/DEF upgraded? 

I like the use of miracle and Wom of course, congrats! 

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nice clear, I think that bane doesn't hurt Keaton too much. That vantage kill against Roy should be prove enough.

Oh no yeah, he’s fantastic regardless. I even forget he’s -atk sometimes. Demolishes just about anything regardless of Phase and is able to tank physical hits like a champ.

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Btw: Don't you have Brazen ATK/DEF upgraded? 

I do now but not at the time that I recorded Hrid’s or Roy’s battles. Why do you ask?

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh no yeah, he’s fantastic regardless. I even forget he’s -atk sometimes. Demolishes just about anything regardless of Phase and is able to tank physical hits like a champ.

I tried to get him from his banner, but it rained Eldigans and Soleils instead. 

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I do now but not at the time that I recorded Hrid’s or Roy’s battles. Why do you ask?

Once in Vantage Range, it's 2 more ATK and DEF than the Bond seal. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I tried to get him from his banner, but it rained Eldigans and Soleils instead. 

Well, at least Eldigan has access to a really sweet weapon Dark Mystletainn?

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Once in Vantage Range, it's 2 more ATK and DEF than the Bond seal. 

Ohhhh true, true, but that does require sacrificing first turn performance by not being able to tank or hit as hard which seems like too big of a risk imo. So for now I’ll stick to the bond skill for him.