Is Arden useful as a husband?

Hanes

29 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Ok thanks guys but I must ask, whyΒ is passing down bows so important? I understand the passing on Swords since I see they're so light and accurate but why bows? I don't get this at all.

Also so Lewyn is Sety's canon father? Then who is the canon mother and what house am I supposed to visit for Holsety?

because there's only 2 unique bows in 1st generation( Killer, Hero ), and they come only from Jamka or Midir when paired up with Adean.

as for Sety, the "canon" mothers would be either Fury or Sylvia due to story backgrounds. there's even a secret support between the two girls that givesΒ lover points to both of them toward Lewyn.

1 minute ago, RexBolt said:

Fury/Erinys? That pegasus rider? I mean, the kids here are fixed by the mother, like Awakening, so their only mother is their cannon mother. It just is.

Oh ok sorry I didn't know. Ok so then I pair Lewyn with Tailtiu right?

2 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

If you want to? Like the people in the first page said, that gives you Forsetti in a horse and that is broken.

I'm still to play this game of course, so don't take my opinions to seriously.Β I just know this stuff because i was already thoroughly spoiled about this around 2 years ago when i got into the franchise. A this point i'm just waiting to stop feeling burned out with the series, finish the endgame of Conquest and finally play this. (Or Radiant Dawn).

47 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Ok thanks guys but I must ask, whyΒ is passing down bows so important? I understand the passing on Swords since I see they're so light and accurate but why bows? I don't get this at all.

It's really more about finding a niche for Arden, I'd say. Some edge he has over the others, no matter how minor.

Lester does need a bow though. Otherwise he is stuck for an eternity with a crappy Iron Bow. And that's just not cutting it.

Edited by BrightBow

29 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Erinys/Fury is the mother of Ced/Sety, and in the context of Thracia 776, Lewyn is the canon father of Ced. But in Genealogy itself, you can pick whoever you want, even though the game leans you very muchΒ towards ErinysxLewyn, or alternatively,Β SilviaxLewyn. Lewyn also gets via Seliph a conservation with Tine, Tailtiu's daughter, if he is her father, so that makes this the third leaned in Lewyn pairing.

Each mother has a few pairings which through events and love base/growth, they lean themselves towards, which makes it more "probably canon" than pairings which don't, but none are ever canonized in any other game, save ErinysxLewyn in T776.

Thracia also states LachesisxFinn through Nanna, but it's complicated here since it is implied that Finn didn't father Diarmuid, Lachesis's son, and that Beowolf fathered him. You can'tΒ split the kids like this in Genealogy. Although if you do LachesisxBeowolf, their Chapter 5 conversation has Beowolf telling Lachesis to go to Leonster, where Finn is, and then he says he has known her true feelings. So while Nanna doesn't get anything from Finn in gameplay with LachesisxBeowolf, the originΒ ofΒ Thracia's choice to straddle the pairing lines is found here.

Β 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

45 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Ok but who is the "canon" mother

Fury (or Erin) the Peg Knight.

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Lester starts with an Iron Bow, depend on his father's inventory, he may start with a Silver Bow, a Killer Bow, a Hero/Brave Bow, or start with all 3 of them

Edited by hanhnn

6 hours ago, Fenreir said:

he does inherit Brigid's Crusader bow.

however, people usuallyΒ tend to pair Brigid with either Jamka or Holyn due to good stats, sword skills on Patty from Holyn, or weapon inheritance on Faval in case Jamka gives his Killer bow to Brigid( and that would beΒ a very goodΒ alternative to save money for the Crusader bow repair costs ).

otherwise, there's also other alternatives like pairing Jamka or Midir with Adean in order to get a Hero bow for Lester, wich makes Midir overall a better option due to Pursuit stacking with the Hero bow.

My point is the fact that Arden can use bows is irrelevant when it comes to Faval since Faval can't inherit from Arden.

18 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

So Lester is whos son?

Adeen's, AKA the cleric girl who literally gets kidnapped in the prologue and thus spurs Sigurd to instigate a war against Verdane.Β Β How could you forget her trek with the Verdane prince across, like, a quarter of Grannvale's width within the span of a single turn?

3 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

You don't have to, but that does break the game rather nicely with a Holsety user starting from Chapter 6 and a couple of wind mages who will absolutely destroy anyone coming at them with anything heavier than an iron sword.

Sure, he won't give either kid Pursuit, but given that Sety's blood boosts speed and skill, the other skills they have will proc so often that it won't even matter.Β  And since both Tine and Arthur will be able to use higher ranking wind magic than normal, they'll also be able to deal more damage right from the get-go.

4 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Because iron bows suck major dick compared to the killer and hero bows.

And also Lester's the only one who needs those bows because Feval will more than likely receive Yewfelle, which is the best bow in the game, and no one else in the 2nd Generation can use bows.

That being said, despite what other users say, special weapons don't get lost.Β  What happens is they get recycled into the 2nd Generation - essentially placed onto particular enemies if they don't get inherited by the 2nd Gen units.Β  You can see where the items and enemies correspond here.Β  You can tell which weapons are actually yours (assuming you used them at all) by looking at the kill count on them immediately after obtaining them, as the kill count is retained across generations.

23 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Adeen's, AKA the cleric girl who literally gets kidnapped in the prologue and thus spurs Sigurd to instigate a war against Verdane.Β Β How could you forget her trek with the Verdane prince across, like, a quarter of Grannvale's width within the span of a single turn?

I didn't, but when I recruit her the game doesn't tell me "Yo kaga here. Adeen's son is Lester. And that's why I didn't know.

19 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I didn't, but when I recruit her the game doesn't tell me "Yo kaga here. Adeen's son is Lester. And that's why I didn't know.

You can ask the fortune teller and he'll tell who are the kids' parents.

9 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I need this video, right now. Immediately, well ok NVM I willonly get myself spoiled, not necessarily on the story but also on like optimal stuff and forth.

It's Palla Emblem's chapter 3 fe4 ranked ltc run. It isn't something I could in my playthroughs but it's still really cool that somebody found a use for Arden in a ltc.

4 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I was more saying it so that you could better recognize her in case the name didn’t ring a bell, not to be like β€œhey, idiot, it’sΒ obviouslyΒ this girl, how could you not know?”

7 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I was more saying it so that you could better recognize her in case the name didn’t ring a bell, not to be like β€œhey, idiot, it’sΒ obviouslyΒ this girl, how could you not know?”

Oh my bad then.

Arden is a mostly underrated dad. If you can spare the Pursuit Ring in Gen 2, you actually can make an excellent Diarmuid that way. Nanna does turn out a bit shaky with that pairing.

He's not a bad pick though the lack of inheritance in many cases messes things up.