Any hopes?

Corrobin

On 2/28/2019 at 2:30 PM, Enduin said:
  • A morally complex church that is not explicitly and/or secretly Evil, especially due to manipulation/control by some Evil deity, but is a mix of real people with varying motivations from greed, religious zealotry and misplaced senses of duty/honor/order

Hate to say it.

But they already released info hinting that the church is evil.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest This Guy
1 hour ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Hate to say it.

But they already released info hinting that the church is evil.

Perhaps, but given those Church troops we saw were 'Western Church Troops', I'm wondering if there wasn't some sort of schism.

Guest nanashi
29 minutes ago, Guest This Guy said:

Perhaps, but given those Church troops we saw were 'Western Church Troops', I'm wondering if there wasn't some sort of schism.

If there are hints of the Church being evil an JRPG they most likely are. Fire emblem isn't really know for having all that great plot twist so I am fully expecting they are going for the "surprise " twist of the church and the deity they worship being evil. The game will end on the note that humanity will out grown the need of religion and stuff. 

Guest Falkner

Avatar is back and in the role of main character again (don’t give me that “we don’t know yet” stuff, almost every piece of information we got about the game portrays Byleth’s as the most important character) so my hopes for a good story have pretty much evaporated.

Im optimistic about the gameplay though, I respect this franchise’ willingness to deviate with every entry while not flipping into another direction entirely like Sonic does with nearly every title.

Guest Improve the game graphics

Just please make that the overall game looks better , like fire emblem warriors looks way better than that maybe they primarily focus on the gameplay and after improving the graphics.I  want the characters to not look dead inside it really looks like they have no emotion it’s really weird.It would also be cool that they improve the quality of certain cynematics such as the one where byleth gets hits in the back by the bandit ,this cynematic really looks bad compared to the other ones.I also saw that Edelguard hairs physics are weird the back of the hairs have physics but the front ones don’t have...it looks like we put glue on it so that it don’t move lmao.:D:

A good story. In my opinion, there hasn't been an FE game with a properly good story since the Tellius games (though mainly Path of Radiance). After Awakening and Echoes were mediocre with their stories, and Fates' 3 stories were outright bad, I need a Fire Emblem game with a good story. This game looks like it has potential to provide a good story; I hope it lives up to that potential.

Guest Katey
53 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

A good story. In my opinion, there hasn't been an FE game with a properly good story since the Tellius games (though mainly Path of Radiance). After Awakening and Echoes were mediocre with their stories, and Fates' 3 stories were outright bad, I need a Fire Emblem game with a good story. This game looks like it has potential to provide a good story; I hope it lives up to that potential.

Amen to that.

One thing I hope Fire Emblem Three Houses drops is the "creepy girl who obsesses over the main character" schtick. We could have really gone in a new, interesting direction with Faye in Echoes. Is she obsessed with Alm because she thinks he saved her life as a kid? Because she's jealous of Celica? Or is it because the fact that she's fighting a war and taking lives for the sake of staying with and protecting her friends from harm out of concern for them getting to her emotionally, causing her to cling to the boy she idolizes for comfort and security?

PSSHH NAH, shove all that. Who needs to actually attempt to write a character when you can just give them a one dimensional, fetish-y gimmick and leave it at that? (sarcasm)

I know FE tends to recycles some tropes here and there, but if the writers of TH have any self respect I'd recommend against it. That could just be my western taste making me biased though, maybe Japan loves this lazy trope.

49 minutes ago, Guest Katey said:

Amen to that.

One thing I hope Fire Emblem Three Houses drops is the "creepy girl who obsesses over the main character" schtick. 

Agreed; that is a trope I do not like; it's not funny, it's not endearing and it presents a blatant double-standard. I cannot stand it. 

1 hour ago, Guest Katey said:

Amen to that.

One thing I hope Fire Emblem Three Houses drops is the "creepy girl who obsesses over the main character" schtick. We could have really gone in a new, interesting direction with Faye in Echoes. Is she obsessed with Alm because she thinks he saved her life as a kid? Because she's jealous of Celica? Or is it because the fact that she's fighting a war and taking lives for the sake of staying with and protecting her friends from harm out of concern for them getting to her emotionally, causing her to cling to the boy she idolizes for comfort and security?

PSSHH NAH, shove all that. Who needs to actually attempt to write a character when you can just give them a one dimensional, fetish-y gimmick and leave it at that? (sarcasm)

I know FE tends to recycles some tropes here and there, but if the writers of TH have any self respect I'd recommend against it. That could just be my western taste making me biased though, maybe Japan loves this lazy trope.

It’s not so much japan that loves the trope but rather just the degenerate otakus the trope is supposed to pander to. I personally never really had a fondness for yanderes(more of a kuudere and tsundere kind of guy). Then again the only yandere I really know of is yuno gasei so y’know. Regardless I agree with you on this. Honestly I just can’t trust IS to do this trope properly without it devolving into fetish-pandering that only detracts from the character in question. It happened with tharja, it happened with Camilla, and it happened to faye. 

Guest This Guy
On 3/21/2019 at 3:20 PM, Guest nanashi said:

If there are hints of the Church being evil an JRPG they most likely are. Fire emblem isn't really know for having all that great plot twist so I am fully expecting they are going for the "surprise " twist of the church and the deity they worship being evil. The game will end on the note that humanity will out grown the need of religion and stuff. 

Lord I hope not, that particular plotline was terrible the first time I saw it.

Spoilers to multiple non Fire Emblem games.

Spoiler

In The Last Remnant;

"Remnants are all gone, we don't need them anymore." Friggin' TWO (Maybe more) MAJOR CITIES REQUIRE REMNANTS TO SURVIVE! The entire power and political structure of the map was based around not just army strength, but who had the most and strongest Remnants! 2 rather large populations are going to become refugees needed due to said cities require Remnants to Survive in a Desert for one, and keep the monsters from coming to wreck them in the other.
Man, it sure is gonna suck when the beastmen are gonna attack the various other cities and not have any remnants to curbstomp them and keep causalities down and potentially get wiped out through attrition.

In Lunar;
'They don't need a Goddess anymore, I'm gonna live with my human lover as a mortal.'
'Althena dies of old age eventually.'
'Later'

Zophar: Yo, Althena is gone AKA the only one who could stop me, TIME TO DESTROY THE WORLD!

The only reason Zophar failed and was beaten was because Althena's Sister or whatever Lucia is just happened to exist and was able to take over Althena's job, if Lucia didn't exist the world would have been screwed.

BUT THE WORLD DIDN'T NEED ANY GODS THOUGH! Except when it did because Althena abandoned her job forcing someone else to pick up the slack.

I have yet to find A SINGLE EXAMPLE I can't point out why the statement is wrong in in at least some form.

Guest Boatcat
15 hours ago, Guest This Guy said:

Lord I hope not, that particular plotline was terrible the first time I saw it.

Spoilers to multiple non Fire Emblem games.

Hide contents

In The Last Remnant;

"Remnants are all gone, we don't need them anymore." Friggin' TWO (Maybe more) MAJOR CITIES REQUIRE REMNANTS TO SURVIVE! The entire power and political structure of the map was based around not just army strength, but who had the most and strongest Remnants! 2 rather large populations are going to become refugees needed due to said cities require Remnants to Survive in a Desert for one, and keep the monsters from coming to wreck them in the other.
Man, it sure is gonna suck when the beastmen are gonna attack the various other cities and not have any remnants to curbstomp them and keep causalities down and potentially get wiped out through attrition.

In Lunar;
'They don't need a Goddess anymore, I'm gonna live with my human lover as a mortal.'
'Althena dies of old age eventually.'
'Later'

Zophar: Yo, Althena is gone AKA the only one who could stop me, TIME TO DESTROY THE WORLD!

The only reason Zophar failed and was beaten was because Althena's Sister or whatever Lucia is just happened to exist and was able to take over Althena's job, if Lucia didn't exist the world would have been screwed.

BUT THE WORLD DIDN'T NEED ANY GODS THOUGH! Except when it did because Althena abandoned her job forcing someone else to pick up the slack.

I have yet to find A SINGLE EXAMPLE I can't point out why the statement is wrong in in at least some form.

Yeah, honestly, it’s tread ground even within FE. Gaiden/SoV was entirely this plot line, I’d like to see a story that treats gods as almighty immortals, more than just ultra-powerful boss monsters.

Guest This Guy
1 hour ago, Guest Boatcat said:

Yeah, honestly, it’s tread ground even within FE. Gaiden/SoV was entirely this plot line, I’d like to see a story that treats gods as almighty immortals, more than just ultra-powerful boss monsters.

The only JRPG I can think of that did the plotline right was Suikoden.

The 27 True Runes govern the worlds, they are.....not nice to say the least.
Destroying even just one would screw the world royally beyond belief and thus that's a bad idea.

They make it clear the world NEEDS them and pretty much would be destroyed without them.

They are mean and you think The Races of the world don't need them?

Wrongo.