1cuqafd1l5wc1t17g.jpg

Fire Emblem Fates: Upgraded, the way Fire Emblem Fates is meant to be played.

About this hack:

What this hack plans to do is change a lot of things in the game to balance it better, make the game harder, fix the story, and fix many inconsistencies with the localization, so you could call this Fire Emblem Fates Deluxe, or Fire Emblem Fates Definitive, I intend for it to have a feel like that, some of the changes are:

1.     Katanas give avoid and effective speed but have lower strength.
  2.     Most Nohrian weapons are given more might and a little less accuracy. Bows were given more accuracy, and might.
  3.     Silver weapons no longer debuff after use.
  4.     Daggers have a new small edit.
  5.     The Yato gives some stat bonuses.
  6.     Weapons like the Kodachi can now follow up! But weapons like the Spear cannot.
  7.     Most Birthright Boss’ weapon placements are changed.
  8.     Some boss themes are moved around.
  9.     Xander and Ryoma can now have a special theme for their final fight in Birthright and Conquest! (Information at the Questions and Answers section, and link is in the downloads section)
  10.     Xander has been buffed at his final fight in Birthright, as well as a new gameplay change was added for it (Lunatic and Hard Mode only).
  11.     All Birthright bosses have been buffed.
  12.     The Siegfried and Raijinto have been differentiated more.
  13.     The Fujin Yumi and Brynhildr give a very small bonus.
  14.     Birthright, Revelation, and Hero Battle enemy stats are now decreased slightly on Hard mode and greatly on Normal mode.
  15.     Many translation errors, like Setsuna’s personal skill, Nyx’s death quote, Hinata’s death quote, Oboro’s death quote etc. are fixed.
  16.     Changes the unit creation screen Boon and Bane text to be like Awakenings.
  17.     Changed the main lord’s death theme. (Information on how to change it back is at the Questions and Answers section, Question 6.)
  18.     Most Vallites are buffed, on Lunatic and Hard mode.
  19.     All Invasions are edited.
  20.     Added Scaling to the Hero battles plus change 14!
  21.     Lilith now has Dragon Ward as a personal skill!
  22.     As a result of change 1 and 5 the Yatos changes are much more varied.
  23.     Xander has a new description.
  24.     Ryoma does too.
  25.     So much more...

It also plans to add in plenty of new supports as well as audio in supports, chapters, paralogues, and perhaps some characters, as well as use some of Team IFs translation text to change the games text to properly express the characters different feelings and make different supports clearer, this hack also plans to add recruitment methods for characters in the Birthright path (such as Sakura being able to recruit Hinoka), and mothers being able to recruit the children characters, this hack also plans to add a few custom DLCs, as well as add Hoshidan and Nohrian Festival of Bonds and a new Apotheosis called “True Apotheosis”… yes I know that’s a lot, maybe I should go ahead and call this Fire Emblem Fates Ultimate.

(Everything in the hack is bound to change, and is in no way affiliated with Nintendo or Intelligent Systems.)

Previous version: .4827
Current version: .4848Rev5

Hack Status: Stalled

Be sure to take a look at the screenshots.

The change log, and logo are present in the links below, if you enjoy the hack be sure to follow me to stay up to date with the latest releases of Fates Upgraded, and give it a like. Also feel free to comment, ask questions, make suggestions and whatever else, but most questions can be answered by reading the change log, or the Questions and Answers section, thank you and enjoy! :):

Hack progress:

I split the hack currently into two version, the Faithful version, and the Upgraded version:

The Faithful version: The version that is currently being worked on, is a version that does lots of edits but doesn’t change the game too much.

The Upgrade version: The version that changes a lot about the game, to make it more varied and enjoyable,
such as every chapters goal in Birthright not being Sieze, Rout, or Kill Boss.

Faithful Birthright Edits: Complete
Faithful Birthright My Castle Invasion edits: Complete
Faithful Birthright Paralogue Edits: Complete
Faithful Conquest Edits: Chapters: 25, 27, EG done. (I don’t think I’ll be doing anymore edits to it.)
Faithful Conquest My Castle Invasion edits: Complete
Faithful Conquest Paralogue Edits: Complete
Faithful Revelation Path Edits: Chapters 6-15 are done.
Faithful Revelation My Castle Invasion Edits: Complete
Faithful Revelation Paralogue Edits: Complete
Upgrade Birthright Path: Not in production…
Upgrade Conquest Path: Not in production…
Upgrade Revelation Path: Not in production…

DLCs: Not in production…
Items and Descriptions Editing: Complete (Until further notice.)
Support editing: Not in production…
Script editing: Not in production…
Recruitment Methods: Not in production…

NOTE: Though this hack is made for the US versions of the games, you might be able to use them with any regions files with a bit of work.

Screenshots:

There are too many screenshots to display so click on the link here and choose which ones you'
d like to see.

For Version .4825 Very few screenshots are outdated:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/w14wsf1xec0s8/Version_.4825

For Version .4848:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/7ny099s8efoq3/Version_.4848

Downloads:

Fates Upgraded Change log version .4848Rev5 link with Notepad ++ text colors:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6uhc32n113uymt/Fates_Upgraded_Version_0.4848Rev5_Changelog.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Special Iron15 and new song link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/15i1nzookc41u61/SpecialIron15AndNewSong.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Faithful Edition Version .4848Rev5 for the Birthright game link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ja2zb8pwkd9obf6/FatesUpgradedFaithfulBirthrightGameVersion.4848Rev5.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Faithful Edition Version .4848Rev5 for the Conquest game link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hqw6skteulcr13j/FatesUpgradedFaithfulConquestGameVersion.4848Rev5.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Faithful Edition Version .4848Rev5 for the Special Edition game link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2imgl9p379psng7/FatesUpgradedFaithfulSpecialEditionGameVersion.4848Rev5.rar/file

Special thanks and credits to:
God (Jesus, for always leading and encouraging me),

SerenesForest (for the use of this site to publish the hack),

GBATemp (for the use of that site to publish the hack),

FEUniverse (for the use of that site to publish the hack),

Thane98,
DeathChaos,
Merrill lianne,
Geodude,

and everyone else that helped out. Again, thank you all! ☺️

Questions and Answers:

Question 1: How do I even load the hack!?

Answer: You will need to use a file patcher, like the LayeredFS in Luma CFW,
if you haven’t installed Luma yet here is a link to all the information for it: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki

Question 2: How do I open the .rar file?

Answer: You can use WinRAR for that (even after the trial period you can keep using it for free).

Question 3: Why isn’t the new theme for Ryoma and Xander already loaded in the hack?

Answer: EDIT: The theme sounds good, but the Iron 15 file is really large and
could take up too much room on a SD card so I left it out of the hack, but it can be put in and used in the game, instructions are around the bottom of the Changelog.

Question 4: Why don’t I see any changes in Birthright? I’m playing on hard mode.

Answer: EDIT: This is a problem on version .4792, but with the release of .4825 this problem should be fixed.

Question 5: You composed the theme for Xander and Ryoma yourself?

Answer: No. It was taken from another game and added to Fates Upgraded same with the main lord’s death theme.

Question 6: How do I add the changed main lord death theme?

Answer:
1. In the hack files either:
FatesUpgradedFatesBirthrightGame.rar,
FatesUpgradedFatesConquestGame.rar,
or FatesUpgradedFatesSpecialEditionGame.rar

2. Go in the "LumaLayeredFS" hack folder of the game hack (eg. FEFatesBirthrightFatesUpgradedLumaLayeredFSFiles)
navigate to and then enter the folder "stream" in the folder "Sound", once inside delete REMOVETHISMESSAGETOADDIT from the filename "sys_gameover_E1.dspadpcmREMOVETHISMESSAGETOADDIT.bcstm" and you're done.

Question 7: Is this hack compatible with Gay Fates?

Answer: I’m not sure, but I don’t think so, it would probably require some effort to make the hack work with it, whether it’ll take little or a lot again I don’t know.

Question 8: How do I revert the changed chapter names?

Answer:

1. In the hack files:
FatesUpgradedFatesBirthrightGame.rar,
FatesUpgradedFatesConquestGame.rar,
or FatesUpgradedFatesSpecialEditionGame.rar

2. Go in the "LumaLayeredFS" hack folder of the game hack
(eg. FEFatesBirthrightFatesUpgradedLumaLayeredFSFiles)

3. Navigate to and then enter the folder "@E" in the folder "m",
once inside delete or what I recommend, rename the file "GameData.bin.lz" to something else

and rename "GameDataWITHVANILLACHAPTERNAMES.bin.lz" to "GameData.bin.lz" and you're done.

Disclaimer:

Everything changed by the hack is bound to change, and is in no way affiliated
with Nintendo Co., Ltd., Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd., Bandai Namco Entertainment, Inc., or Namco Tales Studio Ltd. in anyway.

All non-original Nintendo Co., Ltd., Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd., Bandai Namco Entertainment, Inc., or Namco Tales Studio Ltd. materials including but not limited to characters, images, music, ideas and specific expressions thereof are copyright, the usage of such materials in the
hack is transformative, for non-commercial purposes, and will not have a
significant effect upon the market for or value of the materials, and is
thus exempted from liability under the Fair Use Doctrine.

Taken from my post on FEUniverse: https://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-fates-upgraded/5093

Which is taken from GBATemp: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-fates-upgraded.502519/

Edited by Fates-Blade
To edit special thanks and credits to

While Fates is far from my favourite game, this hack of yours seems really cool. I will definatly be keeping this one in mind to play. From everything you've listed a lot of the changes make me very interested and I hope to be able to give this hack a try in the near future.

21 minutes ago, indigocean said:

I have absolutely zero idea how to patch a physical copy of a game, but if I ever figure it out in the future, my copy of Birthright won't have to sit in my drawer anymore.

The only way you could do that is dump your Cart as a CIA then install it, if you want to do that, go to around the bottom of this https://github.com/tiduscrying/TDM_dokodon_mystery_adventure_eng/wiki/LayeredFS

Edited by Fates-Blade

On 3/1/2019 at 5:26 AM, Kaze's favourite pillow said:

Will Yato and Dragonstone get 1-2 range? It would make Nohr Noble more than a bootleg Dark Knight

I currently have no plans to do that, though I might in the future, thank you for the suggestion, it will be considered. (Sorry for the late reply.)

Edited by Fates-Blade

On 3/1/2019 at 8:47 AM, Pengaius said:

Are there any buffs for generic staves over festals, do differentiate between them

As of now no, but that is one of the things I intend to fix. (Sorry for the late reply.)

Edited by Fates-Blade

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be so unreasonable to ask that lunatic difficulties get boosted in all the games in the upgrade variants. i'd expecially like to see birthright and revelations actually be really challengeing, as opposed to how they are in vanilla. 

On 6/10/2019 at 12:44 PM, dawnbomb said:

Would it be so unreasonable to ask that lunatic difficulties get boosted in all the games in the upgrade variants. i'd expecially like to see birthright and revelations actually be really challengeing, as opposed to how they are in vanilla. 

I think every path is a lot harder with the Faithful edits, even though the enemies aren't changed the weapons are which makes it a lot harder, but what was really changed is nearly all of the bosses (all except chapter 7 Silas) in Birthright because I felt they were the ones lacking in the Birthright path, (believe me, they are REALLY hard on lunatic and will probably be harder when I finally work on the Upgraded version, E.G. Xander will have Swordbreaker, and he's already hard on the Faithful version), and as for Revelation with the edits I'm doing to it, it will be really hard on Lunatic mode, I would love to hear what you think about the Faithful Revelation path, it's not complete but you can get a good taste of it with the complete chapters so far I will tell you this, it's not easy.

Edited by Fates-Blade
Added info on the bosses. Added info on the Rev. path.

I noticed that Nyx's standard death-quote was not properly positioned so I've made a revision of the current version to change that, also there was a typo in it another revision will be made, it's link will be up soon. Here it is 4nbxtyi50g300k14g.jpg

Edited by Fates-Blade
Added Nyx's standard DQ Image.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:47 AM, Pengaius said:

Are there any buffs for generic staves over festals, do differentiate between them

Staves and Festals have been balanced in the newest version! Enjoy!

I don't think I mentioned this in the about this hack section but, Hayato, Saizo, and Orochi and others have been buffed slightly in the Revelation path, I also plan to add buffs for characters that don't normally have buffs in the Revelation path like Reina, here is a image of the buffed Saizo who will join with the extra skill Duelist Blow.

46v4bupk7wc8grn4g.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well the newest revision has launched! Time for me to talk about the 3 main changes:

1. You can no longer select every story chapter from the world map this can be reverted with the AllStoryChaptersUnlockedGameData file, and you can no longer select every Hero Battle chapter after chapter 7, this can also be reverted with the AllUnlocked GameData file.

2. Lots of chapter names have been changed by me because I didn't like the old ones, I tried to go for as much translation and localization accuracy as possible.

3. Marth is weaker on earlier chapters, this is Marth on Lunatic mode at chapter 7, he's weaker on lower difficulties.

d42apzxpigbtbbp4g.jpg

Edited by Fates-Blade

Spoiler

Chapter name changes (may contain spoilers!):

Prologue: The Moment of Fates

Chapter 1: Family in Nohr

Chapter 3: Beyond the Shore

Chapter 4: Family in Hoshido

Birthright:

Chapter 16: Encounter at Macarath

Chapter 17: Parting In the Ice

Chapter 22: A Silent Capital...

Conquest:

Chapter 7: A Dragon's Decree

Chapter 13: An Uprising

Chapter 14: A Heavenly Voice

Chapter 16: Invading Hoshido

Chapter 20: Tribe Leader's Test

Chapter 23: Possessed By Rage

Revelation:

Chapter 7: An Untold of World

Chapter 10: Voice of Gods

Chapter 12: A Frozen Sea

Chapter 13: Paradise Lost

Chapter 14: An Order From Nohr

Chapter 18: The Hidden Kingdom

Chapter 20: A Seed of Doubt

Chapter 22: Memories...

Chapter 23: Arete

Chapter 24: A Familiar Face...

Chapter 25: The Demon Swordsman

Chapter 26: I, Am King of Valla

Paralogues:

Paralogue 1: Hope From Tragedy

Paralogue 2: Dragon Blood's Fate

Paralogue 3: Together With Azura

Paralogue 5: A Brave Action

Paralogue 6: The Herb of Wishes

Paralogue 7: Chasing Perfection

Paralogue 8: The Path of Hunting

Paralogue 9: The Saizo Name

Paralogue 12: Dreams Disturbed

Paralogue 13: A Perfect Daughter

Paralogue 14: Learning a Secret Art

Paralogue 16: An Abduction

Paralogue 17: Defending the Defender

Paralogue 19: Act of Anti-Heroism

Paralogue 20: The Ultimate Tome

Paralogue 21: Smiling Amid Crisis

Kamui said: https://gbatemp.net/goto/post?id=8713073#post-8713073

Apparently with AllUnlocked GameData file, the debug chapter (Confirmation) still appears on the map. Is it because I used Branch of Fate option? The description looks like Prologue before Chapter 1 but when I enter it’s something else.

He/She’s right! And this will be fixed shortly.

Okay this revision should fix the problem.

Changes in revision 5:

Fixed an oversight in the "Gamedata.bin.lz" file

that caused the debug chapter to appear in all

save files.

In this Revision I added one new file,

GameDataAllHeroBattlesUnlocked in GameData,

while the AllStoryChaptersUnlocked file unlocks only

all story chapters this file unlocks only

all of the Hero Battle chapters, and all Amiibo weapons can be gotten at the visit bonuses section

of the My Castle Crystal Orb, to use it just rename the current "GameData.bin.lz" in the

folder GameData something else or delete it, and rename this file "GameData.bin.lz",

and you're done.

If anyone has a question feel free to ask, and I'll answer it as soon as I can.

Edited by Fates-Blade