Who do you think will be the main Villain?

Do you think that the Church will be evil? / Main Villain  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the main villain will be? (final villain)

• The Church
    • Opposing countries
    • Evil religion separate from the Church
    • Other

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

it must be something new.....this time the green units are suprisley the bad guys^^

That was actually semi-common in FE4 and 5:3

I want to point out that in the new screenshots, there are a few new type of enemies, including "Cultist" ( 教団兵 )

Another thing was the bandit looking old man fighting church solider with Falchion like sword in trailer one had a cape bearing Sothis' crest...

My theory is that Sothis is the true villain, being a younger Divine Dragon, she wants to overthrow the current one (White dragon of the Church) ruling the continent, so she enlists various humans including Byleth to wage war against Seiros and her follower. Byleth is also quite suspicious too, having a demonic name and very traditionally antagonist design don't help...

Edited by Timlugia

3 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I want to point out that in the new screenshots, there are a few new type of enemies, including "Cultist" ( 教団兵 )

Another thing was the bandit looking old man fighting church solider with Falchion like sword in trailer one had a cape bearing Sothis' crest...

My theory is that Sothis is the true villain, being a younger Divine Dragon, she wants to overthrow the current one (White dragon of the Church) ruling the continent, so she enlists various humans including Byleth to wage war against Seiros and her follower.

Wait.....so far i understand  that sothis is somehow in the head from byleth so....that means sothis is villan = protagonist is villan again?

19 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

Wait.....so far i understand  that sothis is somehow in the head from byleth so....that means sothis is villan = protagonist is villan again?

Well, he has a demonic name, and design that's very antagonistic in the sense of previous FE games. (pitch black armor with hexagram star).

We also have scene that dark aura surrounds Byleth, and the final line from Edelgard in the trailer 1. So yes, prota could turn out be in league with villain, at least some part of the game.

Also think about the lyrics, a Sothis possessed Byleth could fit into the song

Yet still I hide, behind this mask that I have become

My blackened heart, scorched by flames of force I can’t run from

I look to you like a red rose seeking the sun no matter where it goes
I long to stay where the light dwells, to guard against the cold that I know so well

The last part is particularly standing out here, who do we see in the trailer staring at each other? Sothis

Edited by Timlugia

I can't see IS writing a game where we play as a villain protagonist.

I think that instead that the song and Byleth's name are foreshadowing that the early game climax will be Byleth taking a stand against an entity or a place that is considered holy (probably the church) and by doing so making an enemy of most countries. And then we'll have to slowly fight, visit and convince the countries that the church is the real enemy or something along those lines.

A little bit like FE Fates Revelations except you know...done a lot better.

7 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I think that instead that the song and Byleth's name are foreshadowing that the early game climax will be Byleth taking a stand against an entity or a place that is considered holy (probably the church) and by doing so making an enemy of most countries. And then we'll have to slowly fight, visit and convince the countries that the church is the real enemy or something along those lines.

A little bit like FE Fates Revelations except you know...done a lot better.

I'm on board with this! Trying to convinces the other houses and kingdoms to join when they're against you sounds great, and if done right, can easily be better than Revelations.