Binding Blade Banner Speculation Thread

Alistair

Elaborating on my thoughts a bit:

Spoiler

So we have Sue with a brand new weapon, Lugh with Gronnserpent (technically new, but not really), and Rutger with Slaying Edge. Idenn's weapon is probably brand new and uninheritable.

Lugh is obviously green, and Rutger is obviously red. Sue is most likely colorless as green would have her share a color with Lugh, but there's still a chance, especially if Lugh somehow ends up as a reward unit. The color that makes the most sense for Idenn is red, which should also help with the current dearth of red breath units.

With Rutger having a Slaying Edge as his weapon instead of something fancier, likely sharing a color with Idenn, and being the game's Navarre, I'm guessing he'll be a Grand Hero Battle unit instead of a banner unit despite his popularity. There's still a chance of him being on the banner and Idenn being a Grand Hero Battle unit, though.

And there's of course the possibility that other characters haven't yet been found (since you need to correctly guess the title), so we might still get something like Gonzales as a Tempest Trials reward or another unit on the banner.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

I'll laugh if Rutger is just Navarre with 10 more Res or something.

Curious if mages will also have gen 3 BST

@eclipseNotifying in case it's a big deal for you. One if the units leaked is one of your most wanted, right?

Edited by redlight

Spoiler

Lugh: I wanted Lugh in the game, I wanted him to be a green mage and I even wanted more serpent tomes in the game. I have little to complain about here. He'll be a nice addition to my sibling team.

Sue: Nice to see they finally added another horse archer. One with a cool and unique design too. Also a unit i'm considering spending what little orbs I have on.

Rutger: I knew he'd be on the banner and eh. I find him lacking any sort of uniqueness, but its fine that he is in.

Idunn: Not a big fan of Idunn the character since she doesn't have much, but I can see her being the star on this banner. I thought she'd be a mythic hero down the road, but this is alright too.

A shame Niime, Wolt, Echidna or Miledy did't make the cut, but i'm happy with what we got.

Spoiler

These four did pretty well in terms of Binding Blade popularity on CYL2, right? Are they the top four, or did they skip someone?

Damn, no Niime. I didn't expect it, but still. Hoping Idunn will be cool.

Finally!

Spoiler

A canonical Bow Cavalry unit!

I'm currently blasting my way through Binding Blade for the first time, so I'm kinda hyped. 

• I ditched Sue for Sin, because she failed to get good early levelups that'd let her double (and Sin became sinfully good) . But hey, I've just reached the beginning of the invasion of Sacae, and I do like the country's cultural diversity vis a vis the Eurocentricism of FE. In other words, I'll take her. I should probably go back and read her Supports anyhow. Rath's and Lyn's daughter will be mine.

• Rutger is probably the second best Navarre, very edgy yes, and I should reread his Supports, but I consider Zihark the best. Nonetheless, against the unexplored Navarre, the also unexplored Shiva, the unNavarre Guy, Joshua the gambler prince whose princey ways we don't really know, Marisa(?), the gimmicked Lon'qu, Ayra and or Chulainn(?), I think Rutger can take second place. He certainly takes the first in gameplay!

• Idunn- One of Tiki's two halves in Binding Blade (Fae is the other), inspired by her time under Gharnef's control in FE1, simply taken further. Haven't played far enough to form a real opinion of her.

• Lugh! Now all we need is Hugh, Niime, and Erk (for those who prefer him over Jaffar) to complete the extended Canas-Nino family. I'm definitely going to summon for him. He is only an average shota in character, but he looks cute. And more importantly, I owe him it, because this:

Why couldn't you save this for my eventual Hard Mode run! No save state abuse nor stat boosters were used.

Average stats at this level: HP 25.5 Mag 11. 6 Skl 14.5 Spd 15.5 Lck 11.65 Def 5.85 Res 10.7

So 3-4 Magic 2-3 Spd, and 5-6 Skl (the least useful blessing), enough to consistently ORKO Armors and all else. He sorta soloed much of the desert battle.

This by the way came about in Chapter 12, the same Raigh joins in. This was slightly humorous therefore, since Raigh left home to gain power, and his 20/1 Sage bro who stayed home ends up recruiting him.

And oh yeah, nice to see IS didn't forget about -Serpent after so long. And I expect Lugh to be the demote, a shota no badass, a shota no girl.

I should probably conserve Orbs for the next Tellius banner, but I'm going to pray to Elimine for at least three of these four.

We don't know yet whether we're getting a GHB or TT, but one of these should be certain to come right? I'm hoping however it is, they'll be good welfare.

-I hope none of the above four are a welfare unit, since I don't want a 3 character banner, BB has gone too long without a banner already. The game still has enough characters left for a 4th character.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Spoiler

Quick, someone write an app to just spam every possible URL.

If Rutger really is the GHB, that feels like kind of a slap to all his fans. Wonder if anyone will chance across others. As for the rest, Sue is a tiny bit of a surprise, but all in all looks like a decent banner. Not for me personally, and I'm fine with having blown ally orbs on the LB, but at least it seems like FE6 is in store for a decent banner.

Rutger GHB and Sue/Idunn/Lugh as a three-character banner sounds strange unless Sue has a colored bow, because Idunn will probably be colorless as well. Sue's bow does look reddish, though, and we're still missing a red bow unit. It seems like a bit random of a color for her, though. Still, making her a colored bow would help differentiate her from Lyn, and it's the cavalry color with the fewest ranged units. (Just 4 so far: Leo/Eirika/Titania/Elise, while blue has Reinhardt/Olwen/Ursula/L'Arachel/Catria/Soren (6) and green has Cecilia/Gunnthra/Lilina/Olwen/Mist (5).)

Idunn certainly isn't going to demote, and I don't think a red bow user would either, so that'd just leave Lugh. Would be weird to get three consecutive green demotes, though.

I wasn't planning on pulling on this banner, but red bow Sue would probably change my mind, especially if it's just a 3-character banner. I want to keep working on my weapon type collection.

Edited by Othin

Is it possible none of these guys are the free/GHB unit? In the past, did free units get added to the Meet the Heroes page at the same time as the units from the associated banner?

5 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Hide contents

Is it possible none of these guys are the free/GHB unit? In the past, did free units get added to the Meet the Heroes page at the same time as the units from the associated banner?

Spoiler

The previous free units were added to the Meet the Heroes page, yes, but there could be other units added besides these four. The units were found by guessing each character's title in the URL, so it's possible there's another character we haven't discovered yet.

Edited by Lightchao42

23 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:
  Hide contents

I was hoping Lugh would be blue so there wouldn't be color overlap with his family.

I hope he's the banner demote. 

Spoiler

I was also hoping he’d be blue for the same reason but I guess IS suddenly remembered the serpent tomes exist and decided to try and finish those off. Not that that’s a bad thing per se but eh...

Anyways, as for my thoughts on the banner, everyone is great but no one except Lugh is a must pull and character wise he seems like the most likely demote. I knew it was a long shot but I was really hoping for Niime to show up.

I hope there’s still one more undiscovered character because 3 person banner and freebie seems underwhelming for the long wait FE6 had to endure. Talking about freebies, I hope Rutger isn’t a butchered freebie the same way Canas was despite his popularity. Not to mention we already have a lot of infantry swords in the grail shop and would rather have anything else.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Spoiler

Happy about Idenn, sad that Echidna is not there. But it was to be expected. I may try my luck for Idenn. But Depending on my luck I could also wait for her to appear on a better banner and Save my orbs a bit more. Finally a Dragon again I like to use. 

15 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Hide contents

I think the free units were previously added at the same time, but I'm not certain.

It's possible that there are more that haven't been guessed yet, but I'm not sure it's likely.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:
  Hide contents

The previous free units were added to the Meet the Heroes page, yes, but there could be other units added besides these four. The units were found by guessing each character's title in the URL, so it's possible there's another character we haven't discovered yet.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

I think the free units were previously added at the same time, but I'm not certain.

It's possible that there are more that haven't been guessed yet, but I'm not sure it's likely.

Spoiler

I see. Thanks.

So the possibility of another hero is quite slim, then.

Spoiler

Looking forward to Sue and Rutger the most. I haven't played Binding Blade yet, but I'm partial to units from Sacae and Myrmidons. Plus, it's be nice to have a mounted archer in my barracks other than Bow Lyn.

I wonder if Lugh will have the same artstyle as his brother?

Spoiler

No Gonzales or Miledy, rip :I

Other than that though, I like the picks on this banner. Rutger and Lugh were pretty much locks, and it's about time we got a canon bow knight in the form of Sue. If anything, I'm really surprised that Idunn is already here, because after Duma, I pretty much assumed that all the final boss dragons like Idunn and Medeus would be reserved for Mythic banners.

I'll probably try to free summon either Lugh or Sue, but after that I'm going back to saving orbs for either Jill on the next Tellius banner or Patty on the next FE4 banner.

Ahhh ... I was partly hoping and not hoping Sue would be on the banner, because now I got to pull for her.

This, I do hope, is a sign that Rath and other bow cavaliers will finally make it into the game.

So if the leak is actually true, I was MOSTLY right about which characters would be included, how, and what type. I was wrong about Lugh's color, which bums me out because I'd love for him to be a blue mage, and it looks like Echidna isn't present. And we don't know if any of them are a GHB unit. But hey, I was still mostly right!

I'll pull for Lugh and Sue, but I hope one of them demotes. And I hope Sue doesn't power-creep Brave Lyn...that'd suck.