New Heroes Approach : Beyond Darkness (March 7 ~) SPOILERS: DATAMINE

Coolmanio

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, I'd actually be petty (and probably worse than just that) if I went out of my way to send Alfonse at him. Good thing Alf is permanently super-glued to his only love: the bench.

Still have my Alfonse at level 1, tried with someone's GHB to complete the quest requiring you field him. It was frustrating, but kinda fun being down a unit and continually having to shuffle them and others around in accordance with reinforcements just to survive the map.

I'm going to try to stay optimistic. Even if there is plenty of disinterest here.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Veloria and Kaden both having nothing special in their kit and thea and lugh being the same I really hope for the return of the coveted double demotes

29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Why Sue is a green unit? She should be colorless, so we would have a 4-color banner.

Because Green is the hippie color(see Legendary Lyn). Besides, Brave Lyn is the standard for colorless horse bows and if Sue is just an inferior copy...

This is why we're getting more seasonal banners and less new heroes banners.

It is easier to make units from rare types with alternate characters than it is with heroes that have to stick to their canon classes.

People want New Heroes banners but then they complain that they've got too much of the unit types offered and skip the banner altogether. 

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Wow, not even a full chapter and we're getting the classic "my dead father is my enemy".

Guess we now REALLY know what'll happen next...

Deadlords, morphs, Orson's animated dead wife's body. It's normal Fire Emblem.

Another two greens banner after the two Valentine's ones is lame. 

Making Sue green killed my interest in her since I was looking for a BLyn replacement.

Lugh does not really interest me, regardless I dislike his art. 

Idoun looks awesome, but she is just another red dragon armor unit. If she was not armered, I would be way more interested in her. 

Tate would be my favorite, but she has the highest chance of becoming demoted by having the weakest skillset of these four. 

Overall not too excited unfortunately. Will go for one circle without colourless and blue and then leave. 

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

This is why we're getting more seasonal banners and less new heroes banners.

It is easier to make units from rare types with alternate characters than it is with heroes that have to stick to their canon classes.

People want New Heroes banners but then they complain that they've got too much of the unit types offered and skip the banner altogether. 

Funny thing: I skip every non-Special banner not because I like Special Heroes (hate them), but because I play the game to collect things, and missing a Special Hero runs the risk of me never being able to get them. So I pull on the banners that I hate and have to skip the banners that I like (like this one), but that sends exactly the opposite message to IntSys. I cannot win.

Re: the banner, I've never played The Binding Blade and have no particular affection for any of the characters, but I love the banner because a) no alts and b) not Special Heroes.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sue comes with Hone Spd 4, and Idunn comes with Fortress Def/Res 3, both of which are some of the "crazier skills" that were implemented recently.

Hone Spd 4 is new according to the "!" icon in the trailer. I'm surprised they didn't save Idunn for a mythic. I didn't think they had enough mythic candidates to relegate an obvious choice to a regular banner.

On a complete side note, Idunn's hood comes off for just a moment in her transform animation. I like that they're putting more effort into transformations.

3 minutes ago, Tree said:

Hone Spd 4 is new according to the "!" icon in the trailer.

I know, but it follows on the heels of the existing and newly implemented Hone Atk 4.

EDIT: Also, it's nice to see Yamada Koutarou back for more art.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still have my Alfonse at level 1, tried with someone's GHB to complete the quest requiring you field him. It was frustrating, but kinda fun being down a unit and continually having to shuffle them and others around in accordance with reinforcements just to survive the map.

I do actually have mine at 5-star rarity, but only for the purposes of being an emergency / last resort Arena bonus unit. Aside from when quests force me to use him, I never use him. 

5 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Deadlords, morphs, Orson's animated dead wife's body. It's normal Fire Emblem.

Yeah, but freaking Hel didn't even let the guy rest in peace for a minute before converting him into her latest zombie puppet.

4 minutes ago, Tree said:

I didn't think they had enough mythic candidates to relegate an obvious choice to a regular banner.

Yeah, that is puzzling to me as well.

There aren't that many characters that are 'God-like' that feel like they would work as Mythic Heroes and Idunn would have been a draw on her own banner. 

Just now, Vince777 said:

There aren't that many characters that are 'God-like' that feel like they would work as Mythic Heroes and Idunn would have been a draw on her own banner. 

Eir, Hel, Naga, Mediuth, Duma, Mila, all growed up Fae, Fomortiis, Ashera, Yune, Ashunera, Lehran, Dheginhansea, Nagi, another Grima alt. And if we lower the bar a bit, Anri, Gotoh, Hartmut, Altina, and Soane at the minimum.

46 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

out of curiosity, is there any way to get a negative status effect on Idunn without having an enemy unit inflict them

only thing coming to mind are the enemy only weapons

Once Thrasir is released, Ífingr gives her closest ally -4/-4/-4/-4 debuffs after her combat, which Demonic Breath should counteract. Líf's Sökkvabekkr gives closest ally -20 damage after his combat, which is great for most nukes, but not so great with most Enemy Phase units.

There are also various Structures (D) in Aether Raids.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On a complete side note, Idunn's hood comes off for just a moment in her transform animation. I like that they're putting more effort into transformations.

I think one of the recent hooded beast units does this animation also, so perhaps they really are working a bit more on effects.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT: Also, it's nice to see Yamada Koutarou back for more art.

Back to Fire Emblem Heroes or just Fire Emblem in general? I haven't kept track of artists, so I'm not sure what games/characters they are known for drawing.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eir, Hel, Naga, Mediuth, Duma, Mila, all growed up Fae, Fomortiis, Ashera, Yune, Ashunera, Lehran, Dheginhansea, Nagi, another Grima alt. And if we lower the bar a bit, Anri, Gotoh, Hartmut, Altina, and Soane at the minimum.

That's still not a long list. I wonder why they would use one up so early?

It's unclear whether they will ever release lore characters like Altina, Sloane, Hartmut and Anri. I'd love it though. Particularly Anri since I want to know what he's like.  

I think Athos belongs there on that list and would work as an Anima hero. 

1 hour ago, Coolmanio said:

Sue and Idunn will be mine 0.0 Looks like Idunn was created specifically to kill all the Surtr’s though, haha.

Is that how Demonic Breath works? This is incredible news!

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Banner is an extremely easy skip; it's a lot of whalebait.

That really applies to every banner so what's exactly this one any different?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thea was the missing character? CYL Popularity rankings please! I guess family reunification played a role. But I'm sure this won't do anything for Juno. She without knowledge of the popularity thing, seems to be the odd one out. Why not someone else?

Here you go.

https://i.redd.it/re0fo95oy5k21.jpg

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

I was making a jab at the unpleasable fanbase, obviously I know that.

It sounded appropriate  anyways.

People have been begging for a FE6 banner forever, so I’m actually surprised at this lukewarm reaction.

If this is how people will react to FE6 characters it’s no wonder we only got a banner now. I guess the next FE6 banner will only be in 2021 now. 

Like here on this site? Cuz I'm seeing people being pretty chill than anything else, better than the usual backlash.

But is skills really the only thing that matter?

Because if this is going to be reaction to a FE6 banner, I really wouldn’t blame IS if they make a 7th Camilla because at least she gets more than a lukewarm reaction from players.

EDIT: I mean 8th Camilla, since Brave Camilla is already confirmed.

PFT  yea, that be great.

52 minutes ago, Florete said:

FE6 fans have been begging for an FE6 banner. Comparatively, there aren't that many FE6 fans.

Doesn't mean they should be sideline even if I don't like the era so far.

Edited by Zangetsu

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Doesn't mean they should be sideline even if I don't like the era so far.

I suggested nothing of the sort. Just explaining why the reaction is very lukewarm.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

Once Thrasir is released, Ífingr gives her closest ally -4/-4/-4/-4 debuffs after her combat, which Demonic Breath should counteract. Líf's Sökkvabekkr gives closest ally -20 damage after his combat, which is great for most nukes, but not so great with most Enemy Phase units.

There are also various Structures (D) in Aether Raids.

I'm personally waiting for Lif to be released so that he can help my Desperation units reach Desperation range now that the inability to have HP Flaws robbed many +10 characters from being able to use Ardent Sacrifice for the job.

13 minutes ago, Tree said:

I think one of the recent hooded beast units does this animation also, so perhaps they really are working a bit more on effects.

Indeed. Velouria does, too.

Back to Fire Emblem Heroes or just Fire Emblem in general? I haven't kept track of artists, so I'm not sure what games/characters they are known for drawing.

Heroes. The last character he did the art for was Legendary Lucina last July.

That's still not a long list. I wonder why they would use one up so early?

It's still longer than 16 characters to fill up the whole grid, and the 13 I listed in the first list is enough for two whole years.

13 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

It's unclear whether they will ever release lore characters like Altina, Sloane, Hartmut and Anri. I'd love it though. Particularly Anri since I want to know what he's like.

They gave Altina a Cipher card, so why not?

11 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Is that how Demonic Breath works? This is incredible news!

It pretty much counters Surtr and Duma to some extent.

Demonic Breath's effect gives Idunn +4 to all stats if she has taken any damage, has any stat debuff, or has any negative status effect at the start of battle and ignores her stat debuffs if she has any (after determining if she receives the bonus stats). It's also effective against armors and has the usual adaptive damage against ranged opponents. And gives +3 Def.

(Uncertain about stat debuffs triggering the bonus, but I'm checking wording with other skills...)

EDIT: Checked with Gjoll's skill description, and stat debuffs do count.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They gave Altina a Cipher card, so why not?

Sure, it's possible. It would just really surprise me. They also gave the Hasha no Tsurugi cards as well and I don't expect to see them in Heroes.

I'm not convinced anyone that isn't in the CYL poll is much in the plans. 

8 minutes ago, Florete said:

I suggested nothing of the sort. Just explaining why the reaction is very lukewarm.

I know that,  however I do get annoy at when people act like being in the minority means they should get more attention.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It pretty much counters Surtr and Duma to some extent.

Demonic Breath's effect gives Idunn +4 to all stats if she has taken any damage, has any stat debuff, or has any negative status effect at the start of battle and ignores her stat debuffs if she has any (after determining if she receives the bonus stats). It's also effective against armors and has the usual adaptive damage against ranged opponents. And gives +3 Def.

I wish I could pull for her, but I rather hoard my orbs.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's still longer than 16 characters to fill up the whole grid, and the 13 I listed in the first list is enough for two whole years.

I forget that now they are alternating with legendaries, so they only need six per year. Still, seems an odd choice, but two years from now they would probably have some new mechanic beyond mythic units anyway (assuming the game still has healthy development then).

Thea has 31 base defense. Ignis added 33 damage to her normal 32 against the sword flier meaning she needed to have 42 total defense; 42 * 0.8 = 33. 6 rounded down to 33. Since she was attacked, Vanguard+ and Steady Posture 2 granted her 11 defense and 42 - 11 is 31. With 37 HP and 31 Def and her default skill set, she reminds me of an enemy phase version of Catria which may or may not have been intentional.

Idunn's Bonfire added 26 damage to her normal 45, so she had 52 total defense. I think she's at 44/45 HP since it looks like there's a missing health sliver, so that would mean her Demonic Breath's effect is active and that means 13 defense came from Demonic Breath, Def+3 and the its effect granting her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 when she has a negative status effect on her or is at < 100%, and Fortress Def/Res 3. Her base defense would be 39 in this case.

Edited by Kaden

Nothing in this banner looks interesting to me see I will just take the free pull and move on. Next banner is most likely Spring Seasonal 3.0 which also be easy to ignore so it seems like I get to spend another month stockpiling on orbs.