Hi! I'm back! :D

Silver Lightning

Greetings! (Hello, Hi, Hey!)

Its been so very long since I've posted here. Too long. For those who don't know/remember me, I'm Silva; I used to be more active around these parts from 2013 to 2016 before life decided to hit me like a ton of bricks and I've had to work more and be more of an adult. Its taken me over 2 years to really put my life together and feel comfortable enough to return here and be at least semi active again. But I've missed this place very much.

As an FE fan, I've been with the series since I first laid eyes on FE7 for the first time at a game store when it made it over to North America all those years ago. Since then I've played every Western release as they came out and have continued to fall ever deeper in love with this series. I loved it so much I even dipped into the JP only games via emulator to experience FE6 and FE4 and enjoyed the latter especially. Despite being a veteran, I still enjoy playing the newer games and hope that Intelligent Systems can continue to find a way to balance old and new Fire Emblem experiences as the series continues (my biggest wish right now is for an echoes style uncensored FE4 remake; other than new FE games in general, its what I'm most excited for!). As for other hobbies, I enjoy an eclectic mix of other video game genres, reading good books when I get the time, and love watching anime and k-dramas. I just love stories in general, whether they be in game, book, anime or drama form. I also happen to go to a few anime/video game conventions and cosplay every year when I can afford it, so if you don't mind me online and hopefully wouldn't mind me in person let me know if you go to any conventions that I do.

That's me in a relative nutshell tho. Feel free to chat with me over just about anything and I'll try not to talk your ear off. I can't promise I'll be on nearly as much as I used to when I was a student and wasn't working full time, but I'll make an effort. Especially with FE16 on the horizon~

For anyone who does happen to recognize me, don't be a stranger. I'd love to reconnect with as many people as possible. I hope the Forest is still as great as I remember it being~

See ya around! :3

Thanks, its good to be back!

Yessir, that would be correct! I love Xenoblade 2, and the World Tree against the backdrop of an evening sky in particular has always awed me. Its so pretty!

Hey welcome back, man a woman that likes drama stories? I think you will be great friends with a friend of my own... lol.

I only joined recently but it's cool to have more active members in the forums. I am also playing FE4 right now but Agustria is hard :(

3 hours ago, Silver Lightning said:

(Hello, Hi, Hey!)

I see what you did there

Good to see you again, Silva! You prolly don't recognize me, but back then I went by HK. Hooe to see you around! :]

4 hours ago, Silver Lightning said:

(Hello, Hi, Hey!)

This seems so very familiar...

Anyway, welcome back to Airport 1001. Please remember to wake that slugabed up. Your banner reminds me, I REALLY need to get Xenoblade 2.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Welcome back to the Forest, Silver Lightning!

Somehow you remind me of someone but I sure as hell don't remember ever talking to you.

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

I don't think we really chatted more than like, once or so but nice to see you back silva

On 3/7/2019 at 6:30 PM, Silver Lightning said:

(Hello, Hi, Hey!)

whoa

i just had a flash back

On 3/7/2019 at 8:56 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

Hey welcome back, man a woman that likes drama stories? I think you will be great friends with a friend of my own... lol.

I only joined recently but it's cool to have more active members in the forums. I am also playing FE4 right now but Agustria is hard :(

Hehe, sounds like a fun person to have discussions with~

Well then, I welcome you to the Forest as well! And good for you for playing FE4 (I'm totally biased); Yeah, Chapter 3 was hard, its the first chapter I started losing collectibles when after countless attempts to keep Lachesis's knights alive I just gave up and kept going. I feel like the early chapters of FE4 is the harder portion, so keep going, its a very unique FE experience worth playing to the end. 

On 3/7/2019 at 10:00 PM, Motendra said:

I see what you did there

Good to see you again, Silva! You prolly don't recognize me, but back then I went by HK. Hooe to see you around! :]

Hah, I've never forgotten my home thread in the Forest~

And I recognize you! Its good to see you again as well!

On 3/7/2019 at 10:15 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

...wait a minute, should I recognize you?

Maybe? If you were around then a few years ago. XD

On 3/7/2019 at 11:03 PM, BLSoldier said:

Welcome back!

Thanks!

On 3/7/2019 at 11:19 PM, Shadow Mir said:

This seems so very familiar...

Anyway, welcome back to Airport 1001. Please remember to wake that slugabed up. Your banner reminds me, I REALLY need to get Xenoblade 2.

I'm sure it does. XD

Please do play Xenoblade 2, it's one of the 3 defining games of 2017 for me, which is the best year of gaming I've had in recent memory. The music alone is worth it~

On 3/8/2019 at 12:54 AM, Jedi said:

Welcome back, hope you remember me :p

Of course I remember you! And you're an Editor? Is that a thing now? Awesome! :D

On 3/8/2019 at 11:43 AM, Ycine said:

Welcome back to the Forest, Silver Lightning!

Somehow you remind me of someone but I sure as hell don't remember ever talking to you.

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Thanks! Funny, I don't remember you either but you sure sound familiar even so. Its hard for me now especially since usernames have probably changed from what I've known them to be as well. Glad to meet you now then~

On 3/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, luyairis said:

Welcome back, Silver Lightning!

Thank you!

22 hours ago, Trisitei said:

I don't think we really chatted more than like, once or so but nice to see you back silva

whoa

i just had a flash back

I do remember your name. And thanks!

Haha, has HHH faded into obscurity now or something? I feel old all of a sudden. XD

Edited by Silver Lightning

1 hour ago, Silver Lightning said:

Well then, I welcome you to the Forest as well! And good for you for playing FE4 (I'm totally biased); Yeah, Chapter 3 was hard, its the first chapter I started losing collectibles when after countless attempts to keep Lachesis's knights alive I just gave up and kept going. I feel like the early chapters of FE4 is the harder portion, so keep going, its a very unique FE experience worth playing to the end. 

I think you mean chapter 2. Anyway, FE4 would need a good remake for me to consider playing it, personally - as it is, its glaring flaws render the game virtually unplayable imo. I can't stand the giant maps (everyone whines and bitches about SoV and Awakening's maps, but those are honestly leagues above maps that take aeons to complete), the gameplay that results (it's a massive slog, which isn't helped by the slowest enemy phases ever), the money system, the inventory system, how forgettable the characters are, the complete lack of balance (which manifests itself in a lot of ways, chief among them being the fact that if you don't have a horse, holy weapon or Pursuit, you're flat-out inferior to the units who do. Especially that first one - the giant maps are the main reason why it's referred to as "Horse Emblem"; granted, being mounted has always been an advantage in FE, but this game is one of those that amplifies that advantage to a massive extreme - even holy weapon users aren't so useful if they can't keep up)... let's just say IS has a hell of a lot of work to do if a FE4 remake is to be something I deem to be worth playing.

1 hour ago, Silver Lightning said:

Please do play Xenoblade 2, it's one of the 3 defining games of 2017 for me, which is the best year of gaming I've had in recent memory. The music alone is worth it~

I plan to. Speaking of Xenoblade 2 music, I like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbgeJiCnYg