Japanese box art revealed + special edition details.

Lief

Guys, big question.

I pre-ordered the Special edition from Amazon Japan, but it seems that there are two special editions:

1. A regular Fodlan Collection
2. Fodlan Collection with "Original Panorama Colored Paper"

Does anybody happen to know what this Panorama looks like? If someone has a detailed image, I would be grateful.
Β 

Hmm.PNG

Hmmm.PNG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the box art is notΒ decisive for my purchasing aΒ game, it is still supposed to draw the attention ofΒ potential new players. AndΒ this one is horrible.

The face, and particularly the eyes of Crests are awful. And the upside-downΒ pose just grantedΒ Fabulous an everlastingΒ meme. The composition looks like a roughΒ fan-art piece. Worse, actually; because if it were fan-art one could at least praise the effort and encourage the aspiringΒ artist to improve their work. But this is official art from a known artist, what the fuck?!

I'm okay with the boxart. Upside down Claude is weird, but not too bad. I am so glad they put F!Byleth on the cover, even if I still don't like her outfit.Β No Avatar is canon, but they advertise the male and ingore the female (Kris, Robin, Corrin). Very frustrating. Here, it actually displays the female PC. Loving it!

The box art is... okay, I guess? I think that calling it "terrible" or "bad" would be too strong of words, but it most certainly did make me raise an eyebrow the first time I saw it. I'm more surprised that this is the final art, though, as I could understand this being a placeholder or well-made concept art, but it being what we'll see on store shelves is... odd. I wouldn't be surprised if most people pick the game up because they knew about itΒ beforehand (or where convinced by reviewers and/or word-of-mouth to buy it). The special edition of the box art is great, even if it does remind me of Breath of the Wild (and anything else that has the someone standing on a cliff, looking over the horizon).

I don't really have a final opinion on the music yet, although I've noticed that I usually have to play the game first too be interested in its soundtrack. ThatΒ isn't always the case (Gaiden/Echoes being an example), but I'll see how well the music works in the game itself before making any judgments.

2 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I'm okay with the boxart. Upside down Claude is weird, but not too bad. I am so glad they put F!Byleth on the cover, even if I still don't like her outfit.Β No Avatar is canon, but they advertise the male and ingore the female (Kris, Robin, Corrin). Very frustrating. Here, it actually displays the female PC. Loving it!

They didn't ignore Female Corrin. She was on Conquest's art, with Male Corrin on Birthright.

And Robin isn't even on Awakening's boxart.

Edited by Sentinel07

20 hours ago, The DanMan said:

If they just properly aligned Claude's bow it wouldn't be nearly as bad.Β 

Β 

19 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

After looking closer at the pictures, I don't think Claude's bow is misaligned. From my angle, it looks like it just tilts near the top, and the little "shine" that comes from the three weapons meeting kind of covers it up.

It does

Β 

I think that the box art while bad, isn't horrible. Everything else is great, the steelbook, the package, and that's what make itΒ is soΒ wrong.

Why would they use a prototype product like that, when they have such good artΒ at arm reach ?Β Hell even the CD design is better.

Hope they really change the EU package tho, having the same art over and over again (again) is really lazy when they have great art right there.

Both music are magnificent, but i feel like there is something missing, probably a bit of impact, veryΒ eager to hear the full version.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Β 

It does

Β 

It's visibly not the same bow, though; plus what he's been carrying in every trailer thus far is an iron bow, while the equipment on the cover looks more regal; Dimitri's lance is potentially a silver lance, potentially something else, there are red markings on Edel's axe, and both Byleth are holding the whip sword.

12 hours ago, carefreejules said:

My edit really took off on reddit (2.7k upvotes!) and I got a lot of great critique in the process so here's a second version of my first edit:

Β  Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_po4b8qAmOa1rzdrddo1_1280.png

Β 

Kind of omitted to comment on this, I have to agree, your version is better than what we're getting. I thought Claude was a bit too much in the focus on v1, but you've done a pretty good job at fixing that too.

20 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

They didn't ignore Female Corrin. She was on Conquest's art, with Male Corrin on Birthright.

And Robin isn't even on Awakening's boxart.

I meant that other material ignores them for the most part. Conquest had pretty good boxart.

On 9/3/2019 at 11:27 PM, carefreejules said:

My edit really took off on reddit (2.7k upvotes!) and I got a lot of great critique in the process so here's a second version of my first edit:

Β  Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_po4b8qAmOa1rzdrddo1_1280.png

Β 

i liked that edit, however that also made me question what the hell is wrong with this new artist.

it's like the art direction is costantly trying to sabotage itself in a way or another, be it drawing style or composition.

12 hours ago, Fenreir said:

i liked that edit, however that also made me question what the hell is wrong with this new artist.

it's like the art direction is costantly trying to sabotage itself in a way or another, be it drawing style or composition.

Don't blame the artist; the fact there's shading underneath Claude's arms pretty clearly tells that this is just several illustrations edited together instead of one coherent drawing. This is on marketing.

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Don't blame the artist; the fact there's shading underneath Claude's arms pretty clearly tells that this is just several illustrations edited together instead of one coherent drawing. This is on marketing.

sadly it's not just that, it's the details in general that make that cover art even more weird.

few examples:Β the way Dimitri is holding the lance is quite odd.Β considering that the tip of the blade would beΒ on the opposite side,Β thatΒ battle stance doesn't look right at all.

same goes for the upper side of Claude's bow, wich is visually off as well, making the composition between crossed weapons even more asymmetric.

Β 

those are on the artist, however i do agree that the overall composition is a failure due to someone else doing a terrible job with editing.

this is also the first time that i feel the need to change the cover art for a game's package.

Edited by Fenreir