Evidence to suggest that Naga and Archanea may be connected to Fódlan

This... came up to me just today, and not sure if anyone else noticed this, but I may have discovered evidence that there is a connection to Naga through the crests in Three Houses.

Today, I took a look at this artwork of the circle that bore several crests. On it, I wanted to look at the crests and then noticed one crest, in particular, the crest just below the moon crest 90 degrees to the right, which is also next to the crest Byleth wears on him.

Fire-Emblem-Three-Houses_2019_03-08-19_0

I was shocked. So I looked over this reddit thread and found this image that has the crests and numbered to boot. Credit to @VincentASM for that.

99n23wvxsaj21.png

Everyone, take a look at Crest #16 on the link to the image.

Recognize it?

latest?cb=20160430031641

Or take a look at the circlet that Tiki wears.

latest?cb=20171218124924latest?cb=20170522211928latest?cb=20180629170541

That crest is the mark of Naga.

This cannot be a mere coincidence. Naga's mark wouldn't be used as one of the crests unless it was meant to hold a connection to the actual Naga, and therefore, to Archanea.

This is getting more and more interesting for me. Could IS actually make this continent be in the planet as Archanea, Valentia, and Jugdral?

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

99n23wvxsaj21.png

Everyone, take a look at Crest #16 on the link to the image.

Recognize it?

latest?cb=20160430031641

Crest #16 and the mark of Naga aren't the same, though. There are two branches in crest 16 that are missing in the mark of Naga, and the middle piece is circular in crest 16, where in the mark of Naga it's in the shape of a tear.

So yeah, it's similar, but not the same.

To say it's the same is quite the stretch; while it's similar, the inner part on the crest is more of an even sphere while it's a clear teardrop shape on Naga's Brand. On top of that, the outer part doesn't curve downwards at all in the crest design.

I'd call it a coincidence and move on.

3 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Crest #16 and the mark of Naga aren't the same, though. There are two branches in crest 16 that are missing in the mark of Naga, and the middle piece is circular in crest 16, where in the mark of Naga it's in the shape of a tear.

So yeah, it's similar, but not the same.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

To say it's the same is quite the stretch; while it's similar, the inner part on the crest is more of an even sphere while it's a clear teardrop shape on Naga's Brand. On top of that, the outer part doesn't curve downwards at all in the crest design.

I'd call it a coincidence and move on.

This is why I also put Tiki's circlet onto this, which bears an even stronger resemblance to the crest, and the Brand of the Exalt is based around the shape of Tiki's circlet.

It legit cannot be a mere coincidence. 

There are some similarities but i don't think it's the same mark. 

gctzDUk.jpg

Comparing it to the Brand shows that the Brand doesn't have the four pointy things. The "tear" is also different. And when you compare it to Tiki's crown thing, it does have the four pointy things but Tiki's crown has them pointing outward while the Crest has them equally pointing in and outward. They also aren't sharp. In addition, the "tear" is connected to the base of the crown while that isn't the case with the Crest.

Tl;dr, it's just a coincidence. There's also 20 different Crests, all of which seem to have original origins, so i don't see why this one in particular would be connected to Naga.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are some similarities but i don't think it's the same mark. 

gctzDUk.jpg

Comparing it to the Brand shows that the Brand doesn't have the four pointy things. The "tear" is also different. And when you compare it to Tiki's crown thing, it does have the four pointy things but Tiki's crown has them pointing outward while the Crest has them equally pointing in and outward. They also aren't sharp. In addition, the "tear" is connected to the base of the crown while that isn't the case with the Crest.

Tl;dr, it's just a coincidence. There's also 20 different Crests, all of which seem to have original origins, so i don't see why this one in particular would be connected to Naga.

I think for a design choice, having a crest that bears such a strong resemblance to the mark of Naga is honestly too much to be a mere coincidence. I'll concede that it isn't a perfect match but is still very close.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I think for a design choice, having a crest that bears such a strong resemblance to the mark of Naga is honestly too much to be a mere coincidence. I'll concede that it isn't a perfect match but is still very close.

Or it could just be a similar crest. I don't see why it has to be connected to Naga, especially when the 20 other crests don't resemble anything. And on a more personal note, i'd be upset if Fodland was connected to the Archanea/Valentia/Judgral world. We've been in that universe since FE11 and while Fates didn't take place there, it was still directly connected via Owain/Severa/Inigo. I want a completely brand new world.

Besides, i feel that if IS wanted to make it connected to Naga, they'd just use the already existing design as opposed to making a similar but different one.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Or it could just be a similar crest. I don't see why it has to be connected to Naga, especially when the 20 other crests don't resemble anything. And on a more personal note, i'd be upset if Fodland was connected to the Archanea/Valentia/Judgral world. We've been in that universe since FE11 and while Fates didn't take place there, it was still directly connected via Owain/Severa/Inigo. I want a completely brand new world.

Besides, i feel that if IS wanted to make it connected to Naga, they'd just use the already existing design as opposed to making a similar but different one.

Why would they not just create a brand new crest that isn't this similar to Naga's then? If they really wanted it to not be compared to Naga's, they could have made it very different.

Also, I'm on the opposite boat. I like the idea of there being such a bold step of having a new continent actually be connected and possibly part of an existing world. Never once since Kaga have we have this before. After Kaga left, every Fire Emblem world has been almost completely agreed to be on different worlds. Well, now we finally have one in the same world. This can also end up opening up to cases where we can have new continents form for other FE worlds. Elibe, Tellius, Magvel. All of these have the potential to have a new continent form if this one is true and becomes a success.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Why would they not just create a brand new crest that isn't this similar to Naga's then? If they really wanted it to not be compared to Naga's, they could have made it very different.

I mean, to be fair, you're kinda the only person i've seen comparing the two. I don't think it was IS' intent to have the two compared. Personally, i think it's too early start this level of theorizing when we still don't know that much about Fodland to begin with.

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

This can also end up opening up to cases where we can have new continents form for other FE worlds. Elibe, Tellius, Magvel. All of these have the potential to have a new continent form if this one is true and becomes a success.

Yeah but i'd rather have Elibe, Tellius and Magvel get them first. This one already has three continents. It doesn't need a fourth. All the other worlds only have one.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, to be fair, you're kinda the only person i've seen comparing the two. I don't think it was IS' intent to have the two compared. Personally, i think it's too early start this level of theorizing when we still don't know that much about Fodland to begin with.

To be honest, I'm rather shocked I'm the only one that saw this and made the comparison so far. 

While it is true that we don't know much about Fodlan's story, I cannot help but think about the many similarities things have been presenting.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but i'd rather have Elibe, Tellius and Magvel get them first. This one already has three continents. It doesn't need a fourth. All the other worlds only have one.

What better way to start their mark on adding continents to worlds than with the very first one? 

Edited by omegaxis1

Yeah, I think this is a reach. The two crests don't even resemble one another THAT much. They just happen to be a bit similar. Besides, we've seen enough connections to Archanea lately, let other continents have a chance, if there's a connection to any at all.