What new type combinations would you like to see for Sword and Shield?

Anacybele

Straightforward question. There are still some type combinations we've yet to see in the Pokémon series. So which ones do you want?

My most wanted is Fire/Fairy. They're my two favorite types, and they've yet to be combined! I hoped a Mega Rapidash would do this one, but we never got that. Maybe Scorbunny will evolve into this, though? I'd love for that to be the case!

Was gonna say rock/dragon, but then I remembered tyrunt. I believe a lot of type combos have been done at least once so I really don't know other than seconding fire/fairy.

Has electric/fire been done yet?

Edited by Dragoncat

For easier clarification, here's a link to unused type combinations. I think it's up to date.

Anyway, the only combination I'd really want to see overall is Grass/Fire. Although, that makes me think of a jalapeño, and for that I'd see it debut in a Mexican (or just plain Latin American) inspired region, not for Sword/Shield.

If I were to give one... maybe Dark/Fairy. Sounds like an interesting concept to make.

28 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Has electric/fire been done yet?

For Heat Rotom, at least.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

OK then Flying Grass.

Shaymin Sky Forme and Tropius. Oh, and the Hopip line plus Rowlet and Dartrix.

Just check the link I gave.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, I guess we should also count typings that have been done only once or not done in quite some time. Or were only done on some obscure form like the Rotoms.

Ya know honestly--I'm much more interested in seeing them balancing the existing types then pulling out new combos. Its time.

...like... 

2 gens is enough to know that fairies in their current iteration are busted-dumb.
And psychics have been over-nerfed since Shinnoh.

Make fairies weak to psychic.
Make psychics resistant to fairy. 

Problem solved. 

For those interested, here's a list of of how many Pokémon there currently are for each type combination. As a fun fact, Water and Flying have been paired with every other type, Grass has been paired with everything except Fire, and Dragon has been paired with everything except Bug. The unused combinations are:

Spoiler
  1. Normal/Poison
  2. Normal/Rock
  3. Normal/Bug
  4. Normal/Ghost
  5. Normal/Steel
  6. Normal/Ice
  7. Fighting/Ground
  8. Fighting/Electric
  9. Fighting/Fairy
  10. Poison/Steel
  11. Poison/Electric
  12. Poison/Psychic
  13. Poison/Ice
  14. Poison/Fairy
  15. Ground/Fairy
  16. Rock/Ghost
  17. Bug/Psychic
  18. Bug/Ice
  19. Bug/Dragon
  20. Bug/Dark
  21. Fire/Grass
  22. Fire/Ice
  23. Fire/Fairy
  24. Electric/Dark
  25. Dark/Fairy

Some combinations I'd like to see in particular are Electric/Psychic (that isn't Alolan Raichu), Electric/Poison, Bug/Psychic, Psychic/Poison, Bug/Ice, and Dark/Fairy.

Edited by Lightchao42

Normal/ghost seems like a pretty good defensive typing and the design could also be very unique.

Another ice/electric could be cool for a glass cannon pokémon (because lets face it, The rotom appliances stat spread is more defensive then offensive).

Electric/Dark (Luxury should have been this) and I'd like a non-legendary/mega that is Electric/Dragon. Also a Dark/Fairy would be fascinating to me. I just hope the new, unique combinations aren't legendaries since I never use them.

Ghost/Dragon was only done as a legendary. Would love to see that. And Dragon Fairy as that is only seen in a mega. Maybe both set can come from the same line and we get another shedninja type of evolution. 

Dragon stage 1

Dragon stage 2

Dragon/fairy or Dragon/Ghost stage 3.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:17 PM, vanguard333 said:

Grass and Rock could be really interesting, and I don't think it has been done before. There's a lot of potential. Though now I'm wondering what could have this type combination. 

Well, we technically already have this; it’s the Lileep line.

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lileep_(Pokémon)

10 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Well, we technically already have this; it’s the Lileep line.

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lileep_(Pokémon)

You're right. How did I forget Lileep? 

In that case, one type combination I'd like to see that so far has only been used for Mega Altaria would be Dragon/Fairy. Bug/Dragon would also be interesting to see.