SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

@Ottservia I think you forgot my piece? I've looked through the last several pages of the thread, I can't find a post where you reviewed my entry. Just pointing out. If you don't want to critique it, though, that's your choice. Can't make you do it. :P

No I reviewed yours. I recall we had a small discussion on it the other day

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Ottservia said:

No I reviewed yours. I recall we had a small discussion on it the other day

We did? I don't remember it for some reason. But my memory is weirdly very selective and I hate when that happens, so... >_>

Well, that was a nice round.

Had a good few prompts, so I spun the wheel. This was what it landed on:

Take a ship in fiction you like. Sometime down the line in their relationship, one of them confirms that they’re pregnant. What happens?

This was one of only two on that sheet of prompts I had. Wonder how many weird looks I’m going to get.

Btw, do I have to join in to make my own story, too?

11 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Take a ship in fiction you like. Sometime down the line in their relationship, one of them confirms that they’re pregnant. What happens?

This was one of only two on that sheet of prompts I had. Wonder how many weird looks I’m going to get.

That could either go amazingly well or horrifically bad XD

Lol I have an idea or four XD

2 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

like chloey said there are there are about two faces this prompt can show. Now which face I might show will depend on the color of the stop light or not I could do a number of things with this prompt really.

Edit: two-faced lovers is a fun song. Is it wrong that was one of the first things I thought of when I read the prompt? Though I don't think I should go that route considering how borderline rated M(Hell it can even be rated X depending on how you choose to interpret it) that song is

Edited by Ottservia

4 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Feel free to write a story if you desire, it just won't be voted on, so it can't win. You don't need to write something if you don't want to, but there's also nothing stopping you from writing another story for fun.

4 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

First thing that came to mind was Goku asking Chi Chi "Don't babies come from storks?" Not going to go with that, since I don't watch DBZ, but I imagine building a scene like that is the direction I'll take this prompt.

Oh, this'll be easy for me, I got so many couples I could use. XD

Only hard part is picking which couple to use! I assume it can't be an OC couple tho?

Edited by Anacybele

To explain the logic behind my contribution, or so I think in retrospect.:

Spoiler

It was supposed to be an "ordinary day" peeling back the surface to reveal support for the perspective taken. More pure creative license was taken later to fill in what the game had not shown. Could have done that better I admit. And a good deal of this was expose which wouldn't be needed if someone had played XCX, but I was trying to compensate for my audience's lack of knowledge.

I've always hesitated to write dialogue, since I feel I can't write it well. And, I feel it's more a disservice to write bad/out of spirit dialogue for a character than to write other bad/out of spirit things about them. I'd rather make a mistake in the third person than in the first. But I'll try to work on writing dialogue, maybe if I utter an askance for forgiveness from the affected characters first I won't feel so guilty. Sure they're totally fictional and thus can't care how I write them since they don't exist, but consider it an apology to fans including myself.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:57 PM, Jotari said:

Sothe does rock the belly shirt pretty well though. I think that's like objective fact.

And he bears with it at the end of a chapter filled with snow, followed by one in desert with plenty of whipping sand to erode his core.

Now that I think about, I don't think there is a single other canon FE male with a midriff. There are others who are shirtless, and Odin has the weird Fates Dark Mage thing, but the only other midriff I can think of is FEH Performing Arts Inigo. 

4 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Edit: two-faced lovers is a fun song. Is it wrong that was one of the first things I thought of when I read the prompt? Though I don't think I should go that route considering how borderline rated M(Hell it can even be rated X depending on how you choose to interpret it) that song is

Probably not as weird as Dragalia Lost's summoning theme music (lyrics-free version here). It's a jazzier version of this song, with the lyrics translatable as this.

I think I'll skip on this one, not many ships I'm so big on, nor do I think I could write this sort of scene. Although if there was an L or G ship I really liked I'd be interested in seeing how I could write that. Not like it really should be THAT much different, an intimate relationship is an intimate relationship regardless of who it is between, the third party Raining Uranus/Mother Earth is just under contract/doing a friendly or familial favor I guess.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Probably not as weird as Dragalia Lost's summoning theme music (lyrics-free version here). It's a jazzier version of this song, with the lyrics translatable as this.

eh I'd say their about on the same level actually. Well Two-Faced Lovers isn't so much weird as it is dark cause it's a song about teen pregnancy or basically the consequences of unprotected sex. It's a good song.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To explain the logic behind my contribution, or so I think in retrospect.:

Reveal hidden contents

It was supposed to be an "ordinary day" peeling back the surface to reveal support for the perspective taken. More pure creative license was taken later to fill in what the game had not shown. Could have done that better I admit. And a good deal of this was expose which wouldn't be needed if someone had played XCX, but I was trying to compensate for my audience's lack of knowledge.

I've always hesitated to write dialogue, since I feel I can't write it well. And, I feel it's more a disservice to write bad/out of spirit dialogue for a character than to write other bad/out of spirit things about them. I'd rather make a mistake in the third person than in the first. But I'll try to work on writing dialogue, maybe if I utter an askance for forgiveness from the affected characters first I won't feel so guilty. Sure they're totally fictional and thus can't care how I write them since they don't exist, but consider it an apology to fans including myself.

And he bears with it at the end of a chapter filled with snow, followed by one in desert with plenty of whipping sand to erode his core.

Now that I think about, I don't think there is a single other canon FE male with a midriff. There are others who are shirtless, and Odin has the weird Fates Dark Mage thing, but the only other midriff I can think of is FEH Performing Arts Inigo. 

I think I'll skip on this one, not many ships I'm so big on, nor do I think I could write this sort of scene. Although if there was an L or G ship I really liked I'd be interested in seeing how I could write that. Not like it really should be THAT much different, an intimate relationship is an intimate relationship regardless of who it is between, the third party Raining Uranus/Mother Earth is just under contract/doing a friendly or familial favor I guess.

What do you mean by “L or G”?

8 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Pregante

16 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

What do you mean by “L or G”?

Lesbean or gey

2 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Peeps can do LGBT ships.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Niles x Male Corrin entry is going to handle this prompt.

If I might ask another question, like...when we say the ship is "in fiction," are we talking it's a ship which exists in a pre-written work of fiction, or that it's just any ship of any fictional characters? How much crack cocaine can we inject directly into a seaworthy vessels?

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What about my question? I asked if we could do OC couples. Though I probably won't do one of those anyway, I'm just curious.

It is a ship if it is from an official product. To me, at least. So no original universes or characters.

25 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Niles x Male Corrin entry is going to handle this prompt.

If I might ask another question, like...when we say the ship is "in fiction," are we talking it's a ship which exists in a pre-written work of fiction, or that it's just any ship of any fictional characters? How much crack cocaine can we inject directly into a seaworthy vessels?

Pre-written.

Also... I do not know, honestly. Probably remove the G from LGBT+ and we cool.

And no pedophilia, but that is a given.

Awww nice prompt!

Fair warning, I will be going into light AU territory...but that should only matter if you know the source, and even then, it's AU okay?

1 hour ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

It is a ship if it is from an official product. To me, at least. So no original universes or characters.

Pre-written.

Also... I do not know, honestly. Probably remove the G from LGBT+ and we cool.

And no pedophilia, but that is a given.

So Rocina is in XD because they can be a canon couple XP and Summoner x Grima or pretty much any FE ship...even le Gasp Caleb x Lucina from Shadow Tactician!  Oh boy...this WILL be fun XD

So I have a weird yet somewhat funny and interesting idea and a very wholesome idea and I don’t know which one to go for

Edited by Ottservia

Literally the only ship I’ve ever considered subscribing to is Rokushi.

...I’m not writing this prompt with that pair. Consider me a pass for this round, folks, but still looking forward to seeing all your stuff!